Favourite Defunct Titles/Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
a place to reminisce about titles both old or newer that have kicked the bucket.

i was just recently rereading the original uncanny x-force stuff and found myself loving it again. not very old, but still, some of my fave marvel material in the last 10-15 years for sure.

people can do way better than that, but just a jumping on place. y'all get the picture for this thread. wink

abhilegend
Legion of Superheroes.

Cogito
Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.

Galan007
thumb up

Couldn't agree more. That series was AMAZING, then Hickman just... Stopped writing it. srsly

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Couldn't agree more. That series was AMAZING, then Hickman just... Stopped writing it. srsly

Probably 'cause he got drafted to write that pile of shit that is Secret Wars erm

Digi
Johns on JSA, and that whole pre-Flashpoint JSA run, really.

Authority, specifically the early stuff with Ellis still running it.

Kazenji
The Danny Ketch Ghost Rider series.

basilisk
Quasar. Fun series.

Insane Titan
MI 13 with Captain Britain etc.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
Probably 'cause he got drafted to write that pile of shit that is Secret Wars erm The last issue of S.H.I.E.L.D. was released in early 2012. Hickman was barely even writing the Mad Celestial arc of F4 at the time -- nevermind Secret Wars proper. So I have no f*cking clue why he just... Stopped so close to the finish. ermm

Really wish he'd conclude the series at some point, though. It was honestly one of the best stories I have ever read -- Hickman at his best.

riv6672
Waid & Kubert Ka-Zar. sad

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
i was just recently rereading the original uncanny x-force stuff and found myself loving it again. not very old, but still, some of my fave marvel material in the last 10-15 years for sure.

This was a really good series. I think I read it as tourney research (to fight you? I honestly can't remember). But I ended up just enjoying the hell out of it.

StyleTime
I've been telling y'all how awesome Uncanny X-Force was for years. uhuh

The preceding X- Force run with Kyle/Yost was pretty good too.

staxamillion
that first run of uncanny x-force was lit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.