Dave Filoni on Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Vader / The Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

Petrus
Holy shit.

Beniboybling
https://65.media.tumblr.com/30db44dca2ef4b9122c22adb7617a539/tumblr_o8dttvwiV41r239fno1_500.gif

Dark-Kenshin
Knew it. Ahsoka > Maul. Confirmed.

Zenwolf
Well no ***, who else is there other than Maul during the time period that could actually fight them? Who? Kanan and Ezra? Tch, fat chance. Though I like how Dave once again contradicts himself.

Petrus
We all knew that tbh, but now it's confirmed that Ahsoka is a powerhouse.

God, I wish Quanchi was here.

EDIT - That 'blow for blow' against Palplatine, doe...

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
And on the topic of authorial opinions, I don't believe anybody is advocating a complete dismissal of them as evidence (though under no circumstances are they the final word on such debates, that's just ludicrous.) Merely pointing out that in terms of the rules of canon and continuity they are protected by the square root of jack shit, therefore their legitimacy can be brought into question, whenever and wherever, and the onus is on you to argue their reliability.

Beniboybling
Do you really want to me waste five minutes of my time explaining to you why Filoni's opinion is reliable? smile

DarthAnt66
LMFAO. Even when Beni wins, he still fails.

cs_zoltan
It would be a waste, because he's an idiot.

ares834

darthbane77
Filoni has a hard on for Ahsoka, he's extremely bias. Vader already beat her down, Palpatine would ****ing slaughter her.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It would be a waste, because he's an idiot. Dry those tears. smile

@Ares, it says Vader and Sidious can match Ahsoka blow for blow, not the reverse.

cs_zoltan
Sorry that your own goal causes you agony.

ares834

Zenwolf
Tbh as I see it, all it means out of all the Force Users...which are who now? An old Maul, a fresh Jedi Knight(Kanan) and Padawan(Ezra). Is that Ahsoka has the much better chance compared to the others.

That's not really anything big, seeing as the competition isn't there to begin with.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Sorry that your own goal causes you agony. If you mean my ultimate goal of elevating Ahsoka, the cancer of her naysayers makes for a pretty painful read, yeah.

----

@Ares, his wording implies parity, but that's obviously not the case seeing as Vader lost to Ahsoka, and Filoni has stated (the obvious) that she would lose a confrontation with Sidious.

What's he's trying to say is that they had to hold back from using her too much, because against anyone bar Vader and the Emperor she would kick butt or otherwise defeat. Whether he intended to include Maul in that statement is the real question here.

Petrus
Quaaaanchi. smile

MS Warehouse
Hmm. And I wonder why I don't watch stupid clone war cartoons..

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Hmm. And I wonder why I don't watch stupid clone war cartoons.. you're such a mature grown-up person beefy

ares834

Beniboybling
You are right, and I agree. smile

Petrus
Filoni stated the obvious in regards to Palpatine: he can match Ahsoka blow for blow. Well yeah, no shit.

It's obvious there wouldn't be parity between them if they dueled.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Petrus
Filoni stated the obvious in regards to Palpatine: he can match Ahsoka blow for blow. Well yeah, no shit.

It's obvious there wouldn't be parity between them if they dueled. thumb up

Ziggystardust
Ashoka performed admirably against Vader - for what mostly was a struggle match for both - on Malachor. The famed nexus arguments can be put forth that would have benefited him throughout the match and supposedly weakened Ashoka. Sidious vs Tano a is going to be one sided, but she might be able to replicate this, for example :

http://www.facegarage.com/content/uploads/ytToGIF_gaerfgaaec954995.gif

Now for the people - inevitably Sidious fans - balking at this Filioni quote, no one's putting a gun to your head here. You don't have to take authorial intent at face value. There's enough modern literacy criticism to fight that notion - Wimsatt and Beardsley's "The Intentional Fallacy" and Barthes' Death of the Author Essay. I suggest you read them.

Fated Xtasy
I enjoy this new information

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Ashoka performed admirably against Vader - for what mostly was a struggle match for both - on Malachor. The famed nexus arguments can be put forth that would have benefited him throughout the match and supposedly weakened Ashoka. Sidious vs Tano a is going to be one sided, but she might be able to replicate this, for example :

http://www.facegarage.com/content/uploads/ytToGIF_gaerfgaaec954995.gif

Now for the people - inevitably Sidious fans - balking at this Filioni quote, no one's putting a gun to your head here. You don't have to take authorial intent at face value. There's enough modern literacy criticism to fight that notion - Wimsatt and Beardsley's "The Intentional Fallacy" and Barthes' Death of the Author Essay. I suggest you read them. For once I agree.

Ziggystardust
Of course you do.

Nephthys
I don't think this was really articulated very well in Twilight of the Apprentice in her fights with the Inquisitors and Maul, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Finally. That shit about Maul being superior because it was logical for Ezra to go with him has been put to rest.

MS Warehouse
you're such a mature grown-up person beefy

Lol. They're stupid and always mess with canon, that's why I don't watch them.

Selenial
Vader lost to Ahsoka.

confused

Beniboybling
Typo or mental conditioning? smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Lol. They're stupid and always mess with canon, that's why I don't watch them. So your a crybaby then, gotcha.

MS Warehouse
So your a crybaby then, gotcha.

You're. Did your nerdrage kick in?

Beniboybling
Nope, just a bit of character profiling. smile

Deronn_solo
Maul stay taking mad L's, tbh.

chingchangwalla
This is kinda gross tbh. The Ashoka book better have her doing some crazy training shit

UCanShootMyNova
I've accepted Ahsoka's place tbh. I have nothing but respect for canon Vader as a duelist and I'm forced to place her on par with Windu.

chingchangwalla
My Ashoka hate has shone through again. I want to kill Filoni.

chingchangwalla
I really hope we see Ashoka come back in Season 3 and get absolutely curbed by Maul or Vader to stop this Ashoka > Windu, Maul, Vader

UCanShootMyNova
I didn't say she was > Windu...

chingchangwalla
I'm not talking about you mate. Beni and Joker will have her there...

UCanShootMyNova
:7

JKBart
i want a flashback from Vader to Order 66 and a nice scene of vader grabbing shaak ti barehanded and choking life out of her like nothing

then i will accept everything else in rebels

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I've accepted Ahsoka's place tbh. I have nothing but respect for canon Vader as a duelist and I'm forced to place her on par with Windu. https://67.media.tumblr.com/546f666b0f364c6e3f167a9270b94244/tumblr_nw2p56nTgG1uf9p92o2_500.gif

DarthAnt66
Canon Vader isn't more skilled than Kenobi, lmfao.

ares834
He's not only better than Kenobi, he's better than Sidious.

thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
He likely is tbh given he stalemated Dooku in DD without a rage amp. While he did have a form advantage he's grown to the point he can beat Dooku by RotS with a form advantage. After that he grows even more in skill over the decades incorporating his demonstrated knowledge in other forms as Vader until reaching his prime in Rebels.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by ares834
He's not only better than Kenobi, he's better than Sidious.

thumb up

Tbh. thumb up

Beniboybling
Technical skill aside, he'd capably defeat Maul, a Kenobi-tier combatant. Though why Ant is bringing up Kenobi is beyond me. mmm

Emperordmb
https://67.media.tumblr.com/546f666b0f364c6e3f167a9270b94244/tumblr_nw2p56nTgG1uf9p92o2_500.gif
You know Syn has Windu barely above Ventress right? This isn't as great a victory as you're hoping.

SunRazer
Filoni just said in a TCW interview that Palpatine would kick everybody's ass, now Yoda would kick everybody's ass? We're finding more and more stuff to discredit author opinions, tbh. Filoni has a history of stupidity regardless. I'd imagine he'd prize his creation that utterly ruined EU continuity, lmfao.

Regardless, he says that only Vader and the Emperor have the capacity to match her blow for blow, but he's hardly saying that that's their limit.

On a side note, this thing where they keep bringing characters to visit Yoda in exile is hilariously stupid and also butchers continuity.

The_Tempest
I don't think this is anything extraordinary. Especially since it doesn't consider Yoda or Obi-wan. It might imply superiority over Maul, though.

SunRazer
There's an actually canon source saying that Maul was stronger, although this was on Malachor, a potential DS nexus.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
There's an actually canon source saying that Maul was stronger, although this was on Malachor, a potential DS nexus.

Is there any evidence at all that Malachor is potent nexus in Canon during the time of Rebels? Or that it even influenced anyone from the Jedi?

SunRazer
Well, isn't it a Sith graveyard world? The implication's there, but as I said, it's only a potential DS nexus, since no source (to my knowledge) actually names it as one.

Although the quote's probably referring to Maul's superiority over the others in general, though it's likely quite a small, even minimal gap in Ahsoka's case.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You know Syn has Windu barely above Ventress right? This isn't as great a victory as you're hoping. Rain on my parade why don't you. hmph

DarthDuelist9
Well, isn't it a Sith graveyard world? The implication's there, but as I said, it's only a potential DS nexus, since no source (to my knowledge) actually names it as one.

Although the quote's probably referring to Maul's superiority over the others in general, though it's likely quite a small, even minimal gap in Ahsoka's case.

Sure the implication is there but we have no evidence that any of the characters were hindered or even affected by it.

Perhaps, do we know if they duelled for 30 seconds or 1min30 seconds? In any case we also see how she duels evenly with the Fifth Brother for a respectable amount of time so I guess now Ahsoka = Fifth Brother?

|King Joker|
There's an actually canon source saying that Maul was stronger, although this was on Malachor, a potential DS nexus. Filoni is > an implication on SW.com. smile

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Sure the implication is there but we have no evidence that any of the characters were hindered or even affected by it.

Perhaps, do we know if they duelled for 30 seconds or 1min30 seconds? In any case we also see how she duels evenly with the Fifth Brother for a respectable amount of time so I guess now Ahsoka = Fifth Brother? Lmao

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Filoni is > an implication on SW.com. smile

Lmao

Filoni contradicts himself all the time so no I take SW.com over that to be honest.

Well didn't she do that? Weird, I would swear that she was duelling evenly with the inquisitors on two occassions during the Season 2 finale.

The_Tempest
Regarding Maul/Ahsoka, I'm not sure Filoni's remarks equate to superiority over Maul. Filoni was presumably omitting Yoda and Obi-wan from consideration and Maul isn't exactly a recurring OT-era nemesis like the rebellion's obvious enemies: Vader and the Emperor.

Besides, we saw that Maul and Ahsoka acquitted themselves reasonably well against each other on Malachor.

|King Joker|
Filoni contradicts himself all the time so no I take SW.com over that to be honest.

Well didn't she do that? Weird, I would swear that she was duelling evenly with the inquisitors on two occassions during the Season 2 finale. What has he contradicted that makes what he said unreliable in this case?

That is weird, because it didn't happen. mmm

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Regarding Maul/Ahsoka, I'm not sure Filoni's remarks equate to superiority over Maul. Filoni was presumably omitting Yoda and Obi-wan from consideration and Maul isn't exactly a recurring OT-era nemesis like the rebellion's obvious enemies: Vader and the Emperor.

Besides, we saw that Maul and Ahsoka acquitted themselves reasonably well against each other on Malachor. Well, he would omitt Kenobi and Yoda because they aren't potential adversaries for Ahsoka. Maul was an adversary and fought Ahsoka, so in all likelihood he was being considered.

DarthDuelist9
What has he contradicted that makes what he said unreliable in this case?

That is weird, because it didn't happen. mmm

He also said that Sidious is going to kick everyone's ass during TCW for example and now suddenly Yoda was doing that in TCW?

Didn't it? We see how they need Maul's help to gain the advantage over the Inquisitors when they fight first, then we see how again Maul's help is providing them the win against both the Fifth- and Eigth Brother. In both cases has Ahsoka, with the help of Kanan, been fighting against the Inq's for a relatively long duration of time without gaining any noticeable advantage.

Beniboybling
Filoni just said in a TCW interview that Palpatine would kick everybody's ass, now Yoda would kick everybody's ass? You don't think Palpy and Yoda would kick everyone's ass in TCW? Lol.Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
He also said that Sidious is going to kick everyone's ass during TCW for example and now suddenly Yoda was doing that in TCW?

Didn't it? We see how they need Maul's help to gain the advantage over the Inquisitors when they fight first, then we see how again Maul's help is providing them the win against both the Fifth- and Eigth Brother. In both cases has Ahsoka, with the help of Kanan, been fighting against the Inq's for a relatively long duration of time without gaining any noticeable advantage. You guys are losing me here, what exactly is the contradiction? Sidious >>> everyone in TCW bar Yoda, as does Yoda himself, hence they used Yoda sparingly. Not rocket science.

And evidently going off Filoni's statement, the Fifth Brother is no match for Ahsoka, reinforced by how she twice one-shotted in Future of the Force, it's just PIS, and he was still losing.Originally posted by The_Tempest

Besides, we saw that Maul and Ahsoka acquitted themselves reasonably well against each other on Malachor. This is most probable, tbh.

Sinious
I'm done with Disney.

Beniboybling
You'll be missed. smile

I be lyin

|King Joker|
You guys are losing me here, what exactly is the contradiction? Sidious >>> everyone in TCW bar Yoda, as does Yoda himself, hence they used Yoda sparingly. Not rocket science.

And evidently going off Filoni's statement, the Fifth Brother is no match for Ahsoka, reinforced by how she twice one-shotted in Future of the Force, it's just PIS, and he was still losing. Lol thumb up

DarthDuelist9
You don't think Palpy and Yoda would kick everyone's ass in TCW? Lol.You guys are losing me here, what exactly is the contradiction? Sidious >>> everyone in TCW bar Yoda, as does Yoda himself, hence they used Yoda sparingly. Not rocket science.

And evidently going off Filoni's statement, the Fifth Brother is no match for Ahsoka, reinforced by how she twice one-shotted in Future of the Force, it's just PIS, and he was still losing.This is most probable, tbh.

Because everybody obviously also includes Yoda.... while on the other quote everybody also includes Sidious.

Why is one PIS (Twilight of the Apprentice) and the other one (Future of the Force) not? Not to mention that the Inquisitors could also have grown in power between Future of the Force and Twilight of the Apprentice. Anyway I'm not claiming the Fifth Brother is a match for Ahsoka despite that's what we get to see in the Season 2 finale but how can you make a difference between Ahsoka = Fifth Brother = PIS and Ahsoka = Maul =/= PIS?

Beniboybling
Seriously? He's making a remark in an interview, not a statement in an sourcebook, it's not intended to be taken quite so literally. He's just saying that they couldn't use Yoda so much because he's far and away above everyone else, obviously Sidious is an exception. Gosh.

And because Filoni made it clear that the Inquisitors aren't a match for Ahsoka, did I not just say that? Not that a half wit couldn't work out that the Fifth Brother going from being one-shotted like a scrub to legitimately holding his own in such a short space of time is ludicrous, but hey this is KMC.

Zenwolf
How do you know it was a short space of time from when they first met, to the finale? In fact, we never really do get time tables for anything I've noticed..

DarthDuelist9
Seriously? He's making a remark in an interview, not a statement in an sourcebook, it's not intended to be taken quite so literally. He's just saying that they couldn't use Yoda so much because he's far and away above everyone else, obviously Sidious is an exception. Gosh.

And because Filoni made it clear that the Inquisitors aren't a match for Ahsoka, did I not just say that? Not that a half wit couldn't work out that the Fifth Brother going from being one-shotted like a scrub to legitimately holding his own in such a short space of time is ludicrous, but hey this is KMC.

Yeah gosh since that's exactly the same way this Ahsoka quote is made.

Yes but we still see it on screen, not? So now my question, which you neglected in my previous comment, is how do you make a difference between what you see on screen and what is considered PIS? The primary fact why people consider Ahsoka to be roughly equal to Maul is because they duelled evenly on screen, so how is that not PIS? We also, like in Ahsoka's case, have a canon quote confirming Maul's superiority over Ahsoka but Ahsoka's still pretty close apparently.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How do you know it was a short space of time from when they first met, to the finale? In fact, we never really do get time tables for anything I've noticed.. Wookieepedia has made a timeline. There appears to be no more than a year between their two engagements, hardly enough for the Fifth Brother to achieve any serious let alone tremendous growth.Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Yeah gosh since that's exactly the same way this Ahsoka quote is made.

Yes but we still see it on screen, not? So now my question, which you neglected in my previous comment, is how do you make a difference between what you see on screen and what is considered PIS? The primary fact why people consider Ahsoka to be roughly equal to Maul is because they duelled evenly on screen, so how is that not PIS? We also, like in Ahsoka's case, have a canon quote confirming Maul's superiority over Ahsoka but Ahsoka's still pretty close apparently. Right, so we have no problems then.

I answered your question. Re-read my response, I'm not saying it a third time.

And you have an inference, no Canon source states Maul > Ahsoka, honeybunch.

Zenwolf
Wookieepedia has made a timeline. There appears to be no more than a year between their two engagements, hardly enough for the Fifth Brother to achieve any serious let alone tremendous growth.

Why not?

Beniboybling
Because he's not Luke Skywalker?

Zenwolf
Because he's not Luke Skywalker?

One doesn't need to be Luke to make gains in a short time, as I'm sure it's been noted a few times. Plus the Inquisitors do have access to resources that can help them.

Beniboybling
If you can provide a precedent I'm all years, but yes you do.

The the Inquisitors have access to resources to do their job, they've completed their training.

Zenwolf
That don't mean they still can't train, it'd be pretty dumb of Inquisitors to just not improve on their skills just because they've completed their training. It's pretty clear that throughout the duels before the finale, that the 5th bro improved on his saber skill.

DarthAnt66
They're trash.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They're trash.

Never said they weren't.

DarthAnt66
I felt the point had to be reinforced. thumb up

Beniboybling
That don't mean they still can't train, it'd be pretty dumb of Inquisitors to just not improve on their skills just because they've completed their training. It's pretty clear that throughout the duels before the finale, that the 5th bro improved on his saber skill. Yeah because failing to beat Ezra is such an improvement. mmm

Regardless you didn't answer my question, so naw, it's PIS.

Zenwolf
You didn't answer my question, which means its PIS, so naw. smile

What question?

I also said that it's clear the 5th bro did improve on his saber skill as of the duels preceding the finale.

So then as Ezra and Kanan trained with eachother, instead of thinking the Inquisitors improved which seems logical, they didn't and even still the former weren't better than them? Ok..

Beniboybling
I asked you for a precedent for characters not called Anakin or Luke improving so considerably over the course of a year.

And I have no idea that that last sentence is supposed to mean.

Zenwolf
I asked you for a precedent for characters not called Anakin or Luke improving considerably over the course of a year.

And I have no idea that that last sentence is supposed to mean.

Well I can't think of any off the top of my head, especially not in Canon since that goes by different rules.

Ok...Ezra and Kanan trained with one another right? They showed to improve. Instead of thinking the Inquisitors also improved, the former still couldn't beat them despite their improvement and the latter not improving.

Beniboybling
That's because they're aren't any lol.

And they much did better against the Inquisitors than before, as the Fifth Brother himself notes.

Regardless I never said the Fifth Brother didn't improve, just not dramatically.

DarthAnt66
Zen slaughtering Beni.

Zenwolf
That's because they're aren't any lol.

And they much did better against the Inquisitors than before, as the Fifth Brother himself notes.

Regardless I never said the Fifth Brother didn't improve, just not dramatically.

So then why can't there just be improvements? Why does a length of time really need to factor in for a Force User? Need I remind Rey? roll eyes (sarcastic) Is there some kind of length of time a Force User needs to go through in order to improve?

Well ok, I didn't say he improved dramatically, just that it'd seem logical he would improve.

Plus watching the fight again, we barely see the Inquisitors fighting, there's a large length of time where it's just showing Maul and Ezra and at one point you do see the 5th Bro being driven back.

DarthAnt66
Damn, Zen pulling out the eye rolls.

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zen slaughtering Beni. As if that's even impressive

Beniboybling
So then why can't there just be improvements? Why does a length of time really need to factor in for a Force User? Need I remind Rey? roll eyes (sarcastic) Is there some kind of length of time a Force User needs to go through in order to improve?

Well ok, I didn't say he improved dramatically, just that it'd seem logical he would improve. Rey is a bad example, she could easily turn out to be a Skywalker, or something like it. And there tends to be, yes. Force users don't suddenly undergo dramatic growths in power unless they have exceptionally high potential or at the beginning of their training. It took two years for example, for Ahsoka to undergo notable growth in TCW, a Padawan, with great potential, fighting in the Clone Wars.

Seriously a year on from fighting Ahsoka and the Fifth Brother is getting knocked on his ass by Ezra, he's probably gotten better, but not by a great deal. Not enough to go from being one-shotted by Tano to holding her off for 1:30, which is the crux of this debate.Originally posted by Sinious
As if that's even impressive Where did I hurt you Sinny. smile

Zenwolf
Rey is a bad example, she could easily turn out to be a Skywalker, or something like it. And there tends to be, yes. Force users don't suddenly undergo dramatic growths in power unless they have exceptionally high potential or at the beginning of their training. It took two years for example, for Ahsoka to undergo notable growth in TCW, and she was a Padawan, with great potential.

Seriously a year on from fighting Ahsoka and the Fifth Brother is getting knocked on his ass by Ezra, he's probably gotten better, but not by a great deal. Not enough to go from being one-shotted by Tano to holding her off for 1:30, which is the crux of this debate.Where did I hurt you Sinny. smile

Could she? Sure. Do we know anything yet? No, we don't.

Except if watching the fight again, there is a large gap of time we don't see...so who knows what happens? Then later we also see the 5th Bro getting pushed back.

Plus as I recall, wasn't there a line along the lines of "We won't hurt them." By Ahsoka?

Beniboybling
Exactly, which makes it a bad example.

Well he doesn't die that's for sure. But if you want to rationalise it in that manner that's fine, it's the notion that the Fifth Brother got far stronger which I take issue with.

She says that if they keep killing them, more will come back. So yeah, it's possible she was holding back.

Zenwolf
Exactly, which makes it a bad example.

Well he doesn't die that's for sure. But if you want to rationalise it in that manner that's fine, it's the notion that the Fifth Brother got far stronger which I take issue with.

She says that if they keep killing them, more will come back. So yeah, it's possible she was holding back.

I never said far stronger, just that he improved.

Beniboybling
Fair enough, I don't dispute that.

Sinious
Where did I hurt you Sinny. smile Hating on people who came from swtor forums is kinda my new thing. Not that its uncalled for smile

Beniboybling
If that includes AP, I'm OK with that. smile

Selenial
I'm all years.

no

UCanShootMyNova
Well technically we are all years. The years that make up our life.

Petrus
Yeah, it's pretty obvious Filoni omitted Yoda and Kenobi from the statement because they've been basically irrelevant so far in Rebels or for whatever reason.

MythLord
Dave laughed way too much in that interview.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
no Heh he, sometimes I amuse myself.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MythLord
Dave laughed way too much in that interview. He's enjoying your suffering.

|King Joker|
He's enjoying your suffering. yes

Kurk
So what did he say of any relevance?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Petrus
We all knew that tbh, but now it's confirmed that Ahsoka is a powerhouse.

God, I wish Quanchi was here.

EDIT - That 'blow for blow' against Palplatine, doe... So once again this guys words are studied and worshipped. All this does is bring down the stock of Vader and Palpatine. Maul already went blow for blow against her. Vader on the other hand was injured by Tano. Poor shitty cyborg that guy.

quanchi112
Filoni just said in a TCW interview that Palpatine would kick everybody's ass, now Yoda would kick everybody's ass? We're finding more and more stuff to discredit author opinions, tbh. Filoni has a history of stupidity regardless. I'd imagine he'd prize his creation that utterly ruined EU continuity, lmfao.

Regardless, he says that only Vader and the Emperor have the capacity to match her blow for blow, but he's hardly saying that that's their limit.

On a side note, this thing where they keep bringing characters to visit Yoda in exile is hilariously stupid and also butchers continuity. Once again you all come to my side which has always been to quit analyzing and praising these guys answering fan questions. Go by the material but what is telling is the Palpatine fanboys lording over this and then distancing themselves from these comments when it doesn't benefit your agenda.

I am consistent. You aren't. Change or else perish.

Sinious
If that includes AP, I'm OK with that. smile It doesn't smile

Kurk
Welcome back Quanchi smile

chingchangwalla
Quanchi will get the last laugh...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Welcome back Quanchi smile

https://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79ez7tmNF1rb8xfro1_500.gif

MythLord
He's enjoying your suffering.

Ahsoka is still sh!t smile

SunRazer
Originally posted by quanchi112
Once again you all come to my side which has always been to quit analyzing and praising these guys answering fan questions. Go by the material but what is telling is the Palpatine fanboys lording over this and then distancing themselves from these comments when it doesn't benefit your agenda.

I am consistent. You aren't. Change or else perish.

Consistent? I've been debating against author quotes for far longer than you have, lol.

quanchi112
Consistent? I've been debating against author quotes for far longer than you have, lol. No, I recall you using statements in support of Palpatine.

JKBart
Author quotes are something different from sourcebook quotes

SunRazer
No, I recall you using statements in support of Palpatine.

I've used Filoni to support my point before, regarding Palpatine toying with Maul etc, but there's other sources (the website, the novel, and so on) that do the same.

quanchi112
I've used Filoni to support my point before, regarding Palpatine toying with Maul etc, but there's other sources (the website, the novel, and so on) that do the same. So you are guilty of this. I've seen many especially darth Thor use author statements as the ultimate say on the matter thus conceding the debate.

Beniboybling
#exposed

SunRazer
So you are guilty of this. I've seen many especially darth Thor use author statements as the ultimate say on the matter thus conceding the debate.

As I said, that there are other, better sources that support the point too, I just refer to Filoni to make it more concrete. Dismiss Filoni, my point is as strong as ever. I'm not conceding until you tackle those sources and the rest of my argument.

quanchi112
As I said, that there are other, better sources that support the point too, I just refer to Filoni to make it more concrete. Dismiss Filoni, my point is as strong as ever. I'm not conceding until you tackle those sources and the rest of my argument. That isn't the point. The point is you hypocritically use those statements while ignoring other statements you don't particularly care for. Hypocrisy is still hypocrisy no matter how you want to justify your bias.

SunRazer
That isn't the point. The point is you hypocritically use those statements while ignoring other statements you don't particularly care for. Hypocrisy is still hypocrisy no matter how you want to justify your bias.

I never "ignore" statements. I try to discredit them where they don't appear reliable, which, as of now, appears to be all of the ones where the author decides that X beats Y. I use author quotes to clarify events, not to decide who beats who.

I've run much bigger anti-author campaigns that you ever have, lol.

quanchi112
I never "ignore" statements. I try to discredit them where they don't appear reliable, which, as of now, appears to be all of the ones where the author decides that X beats Y. I use author quotes to clarify events, not to decide who beats who.

I've run much bigger anti-author campaigns that you ever have, lol. You still use them so you're still guilty. You can't run from the stain of hypocrisy. I can see it in your soul.

SunRazer
You still use them so you're still guilty. You can't run from the stain of hypocrisy. I can see it in your soul.

To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it smile

quanchi112
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it smile Swear fealty to me and I may pardon your crimes.

SunRazer
Swear fealty to me and I may pardon your crimes.

https://youtu.be/4sq9xM_NVWs?t=20

Ziggystardust
Compare and Contrast boys and girls :

Originally posted by Sunrazer
Filoni made it clear Palpatine was enjoying himself (as opposed to the circumstance-ridden duel Kenobi had with the brothers on Floruum where he made use of the environment to get them in each other's way and surprised them by attacking aggressively). On top of that, Filoni stated the brothers couldn't touch him:

Author commentary is fine when it supports Sidious.

Filoni just said in a TCW interview that Palpatine would kick everybody's ass, now Yoda would kick everybody's ass? We're finding more and more stuff to discredit author opinions, tbh. Filoni has a history of stupidity regardless.

Questionable when it doesn't.

MythLord
There is a difference Ziggy. In the first quote: Dave is referring to what happens on-screen and thus what is made canon. In the second, he's simply saying his own opinion that he has not yet incorporated into canon.

Ziggystardust
I'm sure Nova can come up with his own poor excuses Wolfmyth.

|King Joker|
I'm sure Nova can come up with his own poor excuses Wolfmyth. thumb up

MythLord
I'm sure Nova can come up with his own poor excuses Wolfmyth.

Sure. I'll butt out... for now.

quanchi112
Compare and Contrast boys and girls :

Author commentary is fine when it supports Sidious.

Questionable when it doesn't. Exactly. He just needs to admit he's biased which we can all see when it supports his characters. Darth Thor is even more guilty of selecting cherry picked statements.

DarthDuelist9
On DragonCon one of the showmakers of Rebels confirmed that Malachor is a Dark Side hotspot which is the reason that the Inquisitors could fly with their lightsabers.

|King Joker|
On DragonCon one of the showmakers of Rebels confirmed that Malachor is a Dark Side hotspot which is the reason that the Inquisitors could fly with their lightsabers. Are you serious? Link?

Zenwolf
That sounds even more stupid than them just being able to..

|King Joker|
Yeah. Oh well.

DarthDuelist9
Are you serious? Link?

Someone on Reddit posted a short review of DragonCon, it's on the SW Rebels subreddit if you want to take a look at it.

Beniboybling
I am investigating this as we speak, expect Ahsoka wank shortly. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Damn. Ahsoka's crazy tbh.

DarthDuelist9
I am investigating this as we speak, expect Ahsoka wank shortly. smile

Well it hasn't been confirmed that it actually hindered/amplified any of the characters noticeably.

cs_zoltan
At this point I'm not even sure which one is worse. Canon rewriting nexus properties or Filoni's insane Ahsoka c-unt licking.

Beniboybling
So here is the quote, from Henry Gilroy, in response to how Inquisitors can fly with their spinning sabers:

"There's an A answer and there's a B answer. The A answer is usually my go to easiest answer which is that you have to ask Dave Filoni. The B answer I would say is a longer mythological discussion and it relates specifically to Malachor, and how it is the home of this Sith Temple."

http://tosche-station.net/tosche-station-on-location-dragon-con-2016-star-wars-rebels-with-henry-gilroy-and-timothy-zahn/ (31:40)

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

cs_zoltan
Must be the air currents.

Zenwolf
No must be something stupid, that doesn't need more stupidity added.

Beniboybling
Lmao

|King Joker|
I mean, why wouldn't Malachor be a nexus and amplify the dark siders? smile

More and more evidence is mounting that Ahsoka is a divine being worthy of worship. smile smile

cs_zoltan
More and more evidence is mounting that Ahsoka is a divine being worthy of worship. smile smile

Nah. The more F*ckoni wanks Ahsoka the more people will hate her. Should've stopped at TCW.

|King Joker|
You may hate her, but you cannot deny her power. smile

quanchi112
People need to accept the showings regardless of how they feel. Therein lies the way to bias madness.

Beniboybling
Quan, how does it feel knowing Ahsoka > Maul? smile

Zenwolf
I mean, why wouldn't Malachor be a nexus and amplify the dark siders? smile

That's not an issue(well for me), the issue I have is that they needed the nexus to fly with their lightsabers? That could have been just a feature of the lightsabers, there's literally no point in making it the result of Malachor. It'd make more sense for that to be a lightsaber feature, seeing as in Legends there were different lightsaber features that could be used.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>