Kylo Ren run low-level/trash gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GhostRavage
1. Fifth Brother
2. Eighth Brother
3. Kanan Jarrus
4. Seventh Sister
5. Darth Bandon
6. Grand Inquisitor
7. Bastila Shan
8. Vindican
Boss: Darth Bane

darthbane77
Makes it to Bandon

DarthDuelist9
Loses at Bane or clears. No character in this gauntlet, besides Darth Bane probably, has the potential, raw power or skill to defeat Kylo. From blocking lightsaber strikes with the Force while extremely injured to slaughtering Luke's Order, it doesn't matter how you look at it, it's better then anyone in this gauntlet can do (again besides Bane).

Petrus
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Loses at Bane or clears.

Zenwolf
How is killing Luke's Order great, when we know nothing of them? Nor if there's any context?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How is killing Luke's Order great, when we know nothing of them? Nor if there's any context?

We know that Kylo's skill with a lightsaber was responsible for it and he only had the Knights of Ren as back-up. Looking at the, probably two dozen, students he slaughtered, it weren't nobody's, Luke had to choose these student who would become the fundation of the New Jedi Order so he's logically going to pick the best of the best. Compare it with the New Jedi Order in Legends, characters like Kyp Durron or Kyle Katarn where amongst the first trained by Luke after the destruction of the Empire and they became the very elite Jedi of this Order. So, even though we know almost nothing about the feat or those who participated in it, we can still get a pretty good idea of how impressive this is.

EDIT: I'm just rewatching the Force Awakens and now I see the flashback scene again, well it are definitely more then two dozen students, more like 3 to 4 dozen.

Deronn_solo
Loses at Bane or clears.

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/5211723-766b86c67cd349dedefae942e412c143.500x266x13.gif

Zenwolf
We know that Kylo's skill with a lightsaber was responsible for it and he only had the Knights of Ren as back-up. Looking at the, probably two dozen, students he slaughtered, it weren't nobody's, Luke had to choose these student who would become the fundation of the New Jedi Order so he's logically going to pick the best of the best. Compare it with the New Jedi Order in Legends, characters like Kyp Durron or Kyle Katarn where amongst the first trained by Luke after the destruction of the Empire and they became the very elite Jedi of this Order. So, even though we know almost nothing about the feat or those who participated in it, we can still get a pretty good idea of how impressive this is.

He has to pick the best of the best?...Best of what? I mean I guess you could say he found those with strong Force connections, but we don't know what their training was, if any of them had lightsabers or anything like that.

I'm not knocking the feat, but I don't see this as among Kylo's most impressive feats when we know next to nothing about it.

MythLord
He ain't clearing at all, LMAO. Bane should murk him, solidly.

Should make it to Bane, though.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/5211723-766b86c67cd349dedefae942e412c143.500x266x13.gif Kylo beat the Canon version of Luke's Jedi Order. Kylo > Kyp. Kylo clears. smile

DarthDuelist9
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/5211723-766b86c67cd349dedefae942e412c143.500x266x13.gif

I meant that he stops at Bane but otherwise should clear. Looking at how other users think about it, it doesn't seem to radical.

EDIT: I reread my comment and yeah it's confusing I know.

DarthDuelist9
He has to pick the best of the best?...Best of what? I mean I guess you could say he found those with strong Force connections, but we don't know what their training was, if any of them had lightsabers or anything like that.

I'm not knocking the feat, but I don't see this as among Kylo's most impressive feats when we know next to nothing about it.

We actually know very well that they had lightsabers (the flashback scene in TFA shows it to us) and we also know from Bloodlline that Kylo/Ben was studying under Luke until he was 24 years old so that should make the other student roughly the same age (or at least a big part of the students) which is normally the age Padawans start to become Knights.

When looking at the training they received, if Luke by Return of the Jedi was worthy of being a Jedi Knight capable of challeging Vader then I think a far more knowledgeable Luke would be capable of training his students ot the same extent (-> Jedi Knight level at least).

DarthAnt66
How the hell is Bastila Shan low-level?

Zenwolf
We actually know very well that they had lightsabers (the flashback scene in TFA shows it to us) and we also know from Bloodlline that Kylo/Ben was studying under Luke until he was 24 years old so that should make the other student roughly the same age (or at least a big part of the students) which is normally the age Padawans start to become Knights.

When looking at the training they received, if Luke by Return of the Jedi was worthy of being a Jedi Knight capable of challeging Vader then I think a far more knowledgeable Luke would be capable of training his students ot the same extent (-> Jedi Knight level at least).

Hm, guess I missed the lightsabers in the scene.

Does it say when Kylo started his training?

In Canon is it noted that Luke could challenge Vader? I know Legends did.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Kylo beat the Canon version of Luke's Jedi Order. Kylo > Kyp. Kylo clears. smile

This kinda arbitrary, and baseless speculation makes me near suicidal, I swear. I doubt JJ and co. even read much of the NJO, let alone authorially, meant for Luke's best in the Disney canon, to be to have analogous power/skill level of their Legends counterpart.

I mean, holy shit DD9. erm

DarthDuelist9
Hm, guess I missed the lightsabers in the scene.

Does it say when Kylo started his training?

In Canon is it noted that Luke could challenge Vader? I know Legends did.

You have to look very good but it's there.

No not exactly, only that he started at a young age.

Hmm I think the (movie) fight in general makes it pretty clear and the novel also confirms it.

Trocity
Kylo was the only one in the flashback scene that had a lightsaber.

Beniboybling
This kinda arbitrary, and baseless speculation makes me near suicidal, I swear. I doubt JJ and co. even read much of the NJO, let alone authorially, meant for Luke's best in the Disney canon, to be to have analogous power/skill level of their Legends counterpart.

I mean, holy shit DD9. erm I dunno man, Kylo seems a lot like Caedus, and Caedus > Kyp. yes

DarthDuelist9

I mean, holy shit DD9. erm

Wait a minute, I didn't say that Kylo >= Kyp... I used the Kyp example to show that Luke's first students are chosen carefully and should become the best of the Jedi Order.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Trocity
Kylo was the only one in the flashback scene that had a lightsaber.

There is a female padawan close to Rey IIRC that has one in her hand. If you look carefully you can see the residual afterglow of it.

Zenwolf
You have to look very good but it's there.

No not exactly, only that he started at a young age.

Hmm I think the (movie) fight in general makes it pretty clear and the novel also confirms it.

https://youtu.be/eQ42RydMt_c?t=59

Might need to show where, I see one guy get stabbed, yet he's clearly not holding a lightsaber.

Eh fair enough.

Yeah the movie does, but Canon could say something else.

DarthDuelist9
https://youtu.be/eQ42RydMt_c?t=59

Might need to show where, I see one guy get stabbed, yet he's clearly not holding a lightsaber.

Eh fair enough.

Yeah the movie does, but Canon could say something else.

Hmmm it's not the guy I think but a student laying down somewhere. I have to search it again, it's currently almost midnight here so I'll do it tomorrow.

Deronn_solo
I dunno man, Kylo seems a lot like Caedus, and Caedus > Kyp. yes
http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111167681/5402451-tumblr_inline_nz126woxoj1r0m3s3_500.gif

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan.

Tondemonai
Without any rest 4. With it 5, MAYBE 6 (unlikely though).

carthage
I wonder what the conflict will be for the next movie they have planned. Will Snoke have fully trained Kylo to the point where he can challenge his uncle? Or will we see him fight Rey again when they both have some training under their belts?

Zenwolf
I suspect the latter, I only see Luke coming to fight at the end of the series, like a big build up of sorts. Showdown between Luke n Snoke.

Beniboybling
I doubt Kylo will ever be strong enough to stand against Luke, and I doubt Snoke is either.

Kurk
7 as of now

DarthDuelist9
Can't find the image where we see a student holding a lightsaber, weird anyway we know they were trained in lightsaber combat so it would be very unlickely that Jedi Knight level students didn't have a lightsaber.

DarthDuelist9
I doubt Kylo will ever be strong enough to stand against Luke, and I doubt Snoke is either.

Provide a challange? Very likely he will but match him seems out of the question really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.