How Heavily was Revan Amped on Yavin IV?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Title speaks for itself obviously.

I was always under the impression that the amp couldn't have been huge, if at all present, since The Wrath, Nox, Lana and Marr didn't seem to gain any boosts. As well as he was obviously more powerful as of SoR than he was as Revan Reborn, which also makes no sense because that implies that he was amped. So what's the general consensus concerning this?

MS Warehouse
He wasn't amped.

DarthAnt66
The amp was countered by the fact the team he fought was amped by Battle Meditation and Darth Marr / Lana Beniko would have been additionally amped by the nexus too. Satele Shan's Battle Meditation would also have hindered Revan, based on the affects of Bastila Shan's Battle Meditation which was stated to be similar.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The amp was countered by the fact the team he fought was amped by Battle Meditation and Darth Marr / Lana Beniko would have been additionally amped by the nexus too. Satele Shan's Battle Meditation would also have hindered Revan, based on the affects of Bastila Shan's Battle Meditation which was stated to be similar. So there basically was no amp.

DarthAnt66
thumb up Plus Revan overwhelmed Satele Shan, the only who the nexus would have impacted negatively, mid-fight using pure light side energy anyway.

darthbane77
thumb up Plus Revan overwhelmed Satele Shan, the only who the nexus would have impacted negatively, mid-fight using pure light side energy anyway. So SoR Revan still used the Force in balance stuff then, that changes things a bit. When did he do that?

DarthAnt66
When he ragdolled the team and threw them against the pillars, he held Darth Marr and Lana Beniko in stasis with pure dark side energy, and then Satele Shan with pure light side energy. And then to free them, you have to counter that by using the opposite energy (i.e. freeing Satele Shan using dark side energy, using Darth Marr and Lana Beniko using light side energy). It's really interesting how they handled Revan's mechanics, because everything he shows is a homage to things of his past. The ragdolling scene was in obvious reference to his Force in Balance technique shown in the novel and on the Foundry, but also his favored tactic of using the enemies' own philosophy and techniques against them. And then on the Temple of Sacrifice, we see Revan exploiting his opponents with Force Bonds (something that's discussed in KotOR II), wielding lightsabers like Darth Traya (an obvious reference to his master), etc.

darthbane77
When he ragdolled the team and threw them against the pillars, he held Darth Marr and Lana Beniko in stasis with pure dark side energy, and then Satele Shan with pure light side energy. And then to free them, you have to counter that by using the opposite energy (i.e. freeing Satele Shan using dark side energy, using Darth Marr and Lana Beniko using light side energy). It's really interesting how they handled Revan's mechanics, because everything he shows is a homage to things of his past. The ragdolling scene was in obvious reference to his Force in Balance technique shown in the novel and on the Foundry, but also his favored tactic of using the enemies' own philosophy and techniques against them. And then on the Temple of Sacrifice, we see Revan exploiting his opponents with Force Bonds (something that's discussed in KotOR II), wielding lightsabers like Darth Traya (an obvious reference to his master), etc. I didn't actually notice some of that Force related stuff (the lightsabers I definitely got though.) That is very interesting, huh.

NewGuy01
How exactly do you figure Marr and Beniko "didn't seem amped"? erm

darthbane77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
How exactly do you figure Marr and Beniko "didn't seem amped"? erm Because neither they nor the Wrath or Nox received any boots, they weren't noticeably superior to anything else we've seen them do.

SunRazer
The Sith protags spend their entire prologues on Korriban and Dromund Kaas, yet they never receive any game mechanic-related boosts. But it would be ludicrous to suggest that they weren't amplified.

Amps aren't represented in-game through game mechanic buffs, lol.

darthbane77
Marr and Lana didn't seem to gain boosts, and they're not PCs.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by darthbane77
Marr and Lana didn't seem to gain boosts, and they're not PCs. Just because its never stated, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Zenwolf
The worst thing of it is, we'll never get anything solid on what did or didn't happen in TOR given it's been given the axe. Or well supplement material anyway.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Just because its never stated, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I realize that, but if they didn't show any signs of it then how can we assume it happened? Referring to Lana and Marr.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The worst thing of it is, we'll never get anything solid on what did or didn't happen in TOR given it's been given the axe. Or well supplement material anyway.

TOR hasn't been given the axe.

SunRazer
Originally posted by darthbane77
Marr and Lana didn't seem to gain boosts, and they're not PCs.

Did you not read what I just said?

darthbane77
Originally posted by SunRazer
Did you not read what I just said? I misunderstood, I was thinking on the lines of the player characters for whatever reason. Sorry. Do you think there was an amp though?

Darth Abonis
Minimally

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.