Deadpool vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
No morals, to the death. Setting is a multi-story research facility. Both are after a drug that they need for whatever fill-in-the-blank reason you like. Movie versions of both, feats shown by all versions are acceptable. For clarification, I mean Wade Wilson feats from Wolverine as well as what's seen in Deadpool, but not that horrid little trope that Stryker crafted at the end of Wolverine.

KingD19
Blade chops him up.

TheVaultDweller
Deadpool is fast, but Blade consistently fights villains who can straight-up bullet time. He's also stronger, and no slouch himself in the toughness/healing department. I'd give it to Blade.

carthage
unquestionably Blade

Mindset
Deadpool

golem370
Deadpool Wolverine beats Blade imo Wade even before the upgrade was blocking machine gun fire

Mindset
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Deadpool is fast, but Blade consistently fights villains who can straight-up bullet time. He's also stronger, and no slouch himself in the toughness/healing department. I'd give it to Blade. Deadpool easily cut a bullet in half.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Mindset
Deadpool easily cut a bullet in half.

My mistake. I didn't read the OP properly. If it's combined feats, I'm changing my vote to Deadpool. Not only did he cut that bullet in half, but he was blocking close range automatic fire from 8 AK47s simultaneously, and doing it quite casually. He even deflected the one bullet without looking in the direction it was coming from.

Ascendancy
Yes, the assumption here is that both characters have all feats from all films available to them with the exception of the 'Deadpool' amalgam from the end of Wolverine. Keep in mind also that they could meet at any point during their infiltration and have all reasonable parts of their arsenal available.

KingD19
Blade's massively stronger, but Wade is faster.

However, even though it was off screen, Sabretooth was good enough to take Wade down for the Deadpool program.

TheVaultDweller
Creed implied to Bolt that he'd killed Wade. In fact, all he really said was, "Wade's gone", IIRC, and left Bolt to infer the implication. We never actually see how Wade enters the program. Creed might have been talking shit to intimidate Bolt. We already know he was lying about Wade being dead. Without an actual screen fight, that bit of dialogue means very little.

And besides, even if Creed had taken that version of Wade out, it wasn't a combined version with healing factor of their own.

KingD19
Considering Creed was used to hunt down all the extra powers for the Deadpool, it'd only make sense he was the guy to bring him in. I doubt Wade would sign up for something like that based on his personality.

Crap though, I keep forgetting this is basically Barakapool with Wade's speed.

TheVaultDweller
Doesn't really matter though. We already know Creed was lying about killing Wade. As Imp himself said again, fairly recently, in the Apocalypse vs Sentinels thread, screen feats are what count. Fact is that we cannot 100% say for sure that Creed did what he claimed. And furthermore, we have no idea under which circumstances he did it. Let's say he did take him out. He might have jumped him while Wade was naked in the shower. We don't know. So we can't really apply it here.

BruceSkywalker
doubtful Blade can even take down Wade.. Wade for the majority

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Blade's massively stronger, but Wade is faster.

However, even though it was off screen, Sabretooth was good enough to take Wade down for the Deadpool program. OK, who cares?

Wade was human then.

How is Blade massively stronger? Deadpool has superhuman strength.

TheVaultDweller
He could take 2016 version. But the version from Origins has too much speed. Anyone who can casually slice up an AK47 round, coming from about 2m away, after having his back turned, is simply too fast.

Pretty sure Origins version was also a mutant, just no healing. He did have blatantly enhanced speed, after all, and also did somewhat of a super jump when he impaled two of the last guys, indicating enhanced strength as well.

Ascendancy
OK, who cares?

Wade was human then.

Watched the final scenes from Blade and Blade: Trinity again last night. In Trinity, while spinning up from the ground he kicks Drake somewhere between 40 and 60 feet horizontally. Literally nothing but his rotational force and his leg driving the kick. I'm far too lazy to do the actual math on it, but I do believe that qualifies as superhuman strength as well. There are other instances, but that suffices, though I don't see that making him massively stronger, perhaps slightly more so?

Mindset
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Watched the final scenes from Blade and Blade: Trinity again last night. In Trinity, while spinning up from the ground he kicks Drake somewhere between 40 and 60 feet horizontally. Literally nothing but his rotational force and his leg driving the kick. I'm far too lazy to do the actual math on it, but I do believe that qualifies as superhuman strength as well. There are other instances, but that suffices, though I don't see that making him massively stronger, perhaps slightly more so? Cool.

I never said Blade didn't have superhuman strength, he obviously does.

ShadowFyre
He could take 2016 version. But the version from Origins has too much speed. Anyone who can casually slice up an AK47 round, coming from about 2m away, after having his back turned, is simply too fast.

Pretty sure Origins version was also a mutant, just no healing. He did have blatantly enhanced speed, after all, and also did somewhat of a super jump when he impaled two of the last guys, indicating enhanced strength as well. i wouldnt put that beyond blade. He seems like he is above DP in all stats cept healing. Plus, he goes straight for the kill. I strongly feel like Blade should win a majority with no-nonsense lethal fighting style and having way more experience fighting enhanced beings.

juggernaut74
Deadpool easily cut a bullet in half. Is that canon anymore?

Surtur
OK, who cares?

Wade was human then.

Wade wasn't human, he was a mutant. The entire team of people in Wolverine Origins were mutants.

h1a8
The first Deadpool is not Canon to the latter one.
With that said, 1st Deadpool wins, 2nd one loses

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
Wade wasn't human, he was a mutant. The entire team of people in Wolverine Origins were mutants. What were his mutant abilities?

Sword fighting?

TheVaultDweller
The fact that he could turn and slice an AK round in half in the same time it took that bullet to travel about 2 meters shows that he has enhanced speed/reactions, considering they have a muzzle velocity of 715m/s. Plus, he probably jumped about 15-20 feet when he took out those last 2 guys. Stryker also specifically mentioned to Logan and Creed, when he recruited them, that he was getting enhanced individuals together, IIRC. And every other person on the team was also a mutant, with powers. So based on dialogue, and on feats, he appears to have also been a mutant.

Dreampanther
He might have jumped him while Wade was naked in the shower.

Sicko.
shifty

Robtard
What were his mutant abilities?

Never shutting up while awake

Ascendancy
I thought Stryker specifically mentioned having used powers from Wade for that thing at the end of Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.