Is Snoke an Ancient Sith Lord like Bane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Now, Disney stated that everything from the EU is not going to be used, but they had to backtrack in Rebels using Malachor V. Could Snoke actually be a Sith Lord from the Old Republic? We know that Bane was obsessed with immortality and it is possible that he transferred his life essence to Zannah. Is there a possibility that Disney would take a similar path in the films?

DarthAnt66
No.

The Ellimist
If Snoke were Bane, Kylo could've easily choked him through his hologram and then taken over himself.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No.

DarthDuelist9
No, he's probably Gallius Rax

Beniboybling
Snoke is Ezra, we've been over this.

Petrus
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Now, Disney stated that everything from the EU is not going to be used, but they had to backtrack in Rebels using Malachor V. Could Snoke actually be a Sith Lord from the Old Republic? We know that Bane was obsessed with immortality and it is possible that he transferred his life essence to Zannah. Is there a possibility that Disney would take a similar path in the films?

Highly unlikely, tbh.

Ezra is the way to go.

Zenwolf
It's not Ezra, given that Snoke watched the rise of the Empire. Ezra didn't watch the rise of it, he was born when it was already around.

NewGuy01
Truculent is perpetually 2 years behind everyone else.

Petrus
Kanan then. smile

obvs jk

Beniboybling
It's Ezra. uhuh

chingchangwalla
He'll be some no-name ****wit or Gallius Rax because the SW are too scared to take risks

Petrus
Tbh if it's someone we know they better make it to the point our reactions are no less than 'holy ****ing shit'.

Doubt they'll pull that off, tho.

Zenwolf
I'm not seeing why it has to be someone we already know.

Petrus
I said if.

Zenwolf
That was more a general statement, not really directed to you Pet.

Petrus
Ah.

K.

Trocity
Originally posted by Petrus
Tbh if it's someone we know they better make it to the point our reactions are no less than 'holy ****ing shit'.

Doubt they'll pull that off, tho.

Yeah, I'm not sure what direction they will go with him. If it is someone we already know, hopefully it's some sort of 'holy shit' moment. Unlike the whole "Dark man on the throne of balance" "holy shit, Darth Krayt was around during the Yuuzhan Vong war? Holy shit, he is taking off his helmet!!! And it's-"

Uhhhh, A'Sharad Hett? Some mid tier Jedi from the clone wars no one ever cared about?

Cool? confused

Krayt is awesome, though.

Petrus
He is, but it's lame that he was Hett because, as you said, no one really cared about him. It'd be cool if Snoke was someone we actually care about or know he's powerful or somewhat relevant.

The Ellimist
What if they had made Krayt Windu? mmm

chingchangwalla
Hett's cool tho, his story and transition to Krayt is one the best in SW...

Petrus
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What if they had made Krayt Windu? mmm

What if they made Mace Snoke? smile

ares834
He could be an ancient Sith Lord or simply an ancient dark sider user in general. One theory I read and found interesting is that the reason Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple was because he is looking for clues about who or what Snoke is.

ares834
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Hett's cool tho, his story and transition to Krayt is one the best in SW...

Krayt being Hett is the single worst thing about the character.

Petrus
It'd be cool if he was an ancient, imo.

Nephthys
Give me an E!

Give me a Z!

Gimma an R!

Gimma an A!

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Petrus
It'd be cool if he was an ancient, imo.
Yep. I want ancients. That's the only thing I like about SW these days

NewGuy01
I hope they never give you that. Also, I thought Krayt being Hett was a great twist on the formula; he was a genius for sure, but he wasn't the fallen prodigal knight turned dark lord that we usually see. He became strong through enduring numerous trials and dauntlessly following his vision for a lifetime.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
but he wasn't the fallen prodigal knight turned dark lord that we usually see..
Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Darth Caedus, etc.

mmm

thumb up

quanchi112
He will be greater than Palpatine. On that day my friends

https://media.giphy.com/media/PK7IAHdB0l9mg/giphy.gif

Darth Truculent
Sorry NewGuy01, but I ain't 2 years behind . . . just haven't been on the Wars thread lately. Rax was found on Jakku as a stowaway on the SSD and asked to return to watch over the droids.

In Rule of Two, Bane discovered droids that were similar to the Borg on Tython. There is a possibility that he hid those same droids on Jakku. Now that Starkiller Base was destroyed that leaves a major decline in manpower. Now Snoke can finally use those droids that Bane found.

Rebel95
I think this would be cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhDP38RAT6M

Darth Abonis
I still think he was a former Inquisitor.

Kurk
Not a crazy claim when compared to the possibility of Ezra being Snoke.

Zenwolf
Except the GI is confirmed as dead, they said they aren't pulling anything dumb with him somehow surviving. Ezra isn't him either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Not a crazy claim when compared to the possibility of Ezra being Snoke. Ezra isn't Snoke, kiddo.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ezra isn't Snoke, kiddo.
That's what I was insinuating...

quanchi112
That's what I was insinuating... Quit acting like its a sensible possibility. It isn't.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
If Snoke were Bane, Kylo could've easily choked him through his hologram and then taken over himself. Bane would beat Kylo.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit acting like its a sensible possibility. It isn't.
affirmative

quanchi112
affirmative You are nothing without me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.