The Suicide Squad vs the Guardians of the Galaxy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Harley Quinn...
Captain Boomerang...
Killer Croc...
Katana...
Deadshot...
El Diablo...

vs

Yondu...
Gamora...
Rocket Racoon...
Groot...
Starlord...
Drax the Destroyer...

These two teams battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

All standard forum rules apply: no PIS, 100 yard starting distance, standard gear only...

Which team takes it?

KingD19
Yondu's arrow is a problem. But if they know even the basics(this guy whistles and his arrow wrecks shit), Floyd puts a round in his skull before he can purse his lips.

Or ya know, Diablo just roasts the Guardians.

tkitna
Diablo is the only problem. Can he roast Groot before Groot bashes his head in or before Yondu puts and arrow through his skull?

KingD19
Originally posted by tkitna
Diablo is the only problem. Can he roast Groot before Groot bashes his head in or before Yondu puts and arrow through his skull?

With Groot, yes. Diablo(especially demon form) can hit him from a good distance away, and his flames were hot/powerful enough to instantly disintegrate Incubus' tendrils, an entire prison yard, etc... Groot would be ashes before he got close. Even if Groot got close, Demon Diablo is straight up stronger than him.

Floyd handles Yondu.

tkitna
If Diablo gets taken out, the others die pretty quickly, and I think Yondu does it fairly easily now that I think about it.

Guardians win

BruceSkywalker
Guardians win.. only competition is Diablo but he can't take them all on....

FrothByte
GoTG need to take out Diablo before he transforms. He does take some time to transform so they have a chance.

If he manages to get to Diablo form then he can win - maybe, as long as he doesn't gas out. Otherwise GoTG wins.

KingD19
It takes Diablo a maximum of 3 seconds to transform. But even in human form his range is enough to keep the Guardians back.

During that time, he's got Deadshot providing covering fire, and his draw is faster than Yondu's, as he only has to point and shoot. While Yondu has to flip his coat to the side, whistle to summon the arrow, and then whistle again to send it.

Harley also has a hand cannon which(and decent aim iirc) which will if nothing else at least keep them from just trying to advance.

Also of the Guardians, Groot is the only one that we can comfortably say is bulletproof as he is wood.

quanchi112
Gotg stomp.

wallman77
Originally posted by KingD19
It takes Diablo a maximum of 3 seconds to transform. But even in human form his range is enough to keep the Guardians back.

During that time, he's got Deadshot providing covering fire, and his draw is faster than Yondu's, as he only has to point and shoot. While Yondu has to flip his coat to the side, whistle to summon the arrow, and then whistle again to send it.

Harley also has a hand cannon which(and decent aim iirc) which will if nothing else at least keep them from just trying to advance.

Also of the Guardians, Groot is the only one that we can comfortably say is bulletproof as he is wood.

I'd argue Drax is comfortably bullet proof. At least earth based rounds anyway. He took the full force of a ship violently crashing on him and was up and about minutes later. The fact that his body and frame wasn't totally mush afterwards... Id say he can take the bullets and be fine. Hell if he gets in close he kills half the team before Diablo demon form decides to focus on him.

KingD19
Originally posted by wallman77
I'd argue Drax is comfortably bullet proof. At least earth based rounds anyway. He took the full force of a ship violently crashing on him and was up and about minutes later. The fact that his body and frame wasn't totally mush afterwards... Id say he can take the bullets and be fine. Hell if he gets in close he kills half the team before Diablo demon form decides to focus on him.

But he carved himself up with tattoos. If a knife works on him, bullets work on him. Also Katana could slice him up, and Diablo doesn't need to focus on him, his flames have an incredible range and he can just aim at the other team and roast all of them.

Khazra Reborn
Drax could probably solo.

KingD19
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Drax could probably solo.

How? He's not beating Diablo in strength or walking through his flames. Floyd could arguably gun him down. Katana can definitely chop him up.

TheVaultDweller
But he carved himself up with tattoos. If a knife works on him, bullets work on him. Also Katana could slice him up, and Diablo doesn't need to focus on him, his flames have an incredible range and he can just aim at the other team and roast all of them.

I'm not at all saying Drax is bulletproof, but being able to cut himself with his own knife isn't evidence against it either. Not all bullets/blades are equal. We saw a random Asgardian crush a combat knife like tinfoil, IIRC, yet Asgardian blades cut Asgardians just fine. Drax's knives might simply be better, being space/alien tech knives.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm not at all saying Drax is bulletproof, but being able to cut himself with his own knife isn't evidence against it either. Not all bullets/blades are equal. We saw a random Asgardian crush a combat knife like tinfoil, IIRC, yet Asgardian blades cut Asgardians just fine. Drax's knives might simply be better, being space/alien tech knives.

That's true, but we know Thor as an Asgardian(the most powerful of them physically aside from Odin) jumped out of the way of bullets while Hulk tanked them.

Basically what I'm saying is, while there is a possibility of Drax being bulletproof, all the damage he's taken so far has been blunt force. Scrapping with Groot, fighting Korath, getting beat up by Ronan, getting hit with a ship. No one has ever tried to stab him or shoot him or something like that. And in comics, blunt force v piercing damage is a real thing. Like Wonder Woman can take punches from Superman, but she blocks bullets with her bracers.

Cap can take hits from ****ing Iron Man and Spidey and Ultron, but he got shot just fine by Bucky.

Silent Master
Didn't Drax get shot by a prison drone?

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Didn't Drax get shot by a prison drone?

It looks like it at first, but if you pay close attention, the drone is shooting away from him as he tears it apart.

Silent Master
Do they start in or just near Starlord's ship?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do they start in or just near Starlord's ship?

No...

They fight under standard forum conditions, thus its an infinite featureless plane...

Silent Master
I know they fight under forum rules, that is why I asked about his ship, as it's part of his standard equipment.

TheVaultDweller
That's true, but we know Thor as an Asgardian(the most powerful of them physically aside from Odin) jumped out of the way of bullets while Hulk tanked them.

Basically what I'm saying is, while there is a possibility of Drax being bulletproof, all the damage he's taken so far has been blunt force. Scrapping with Groot, fighting Korath, getting beat up by Ronan, getting hit with a ship. No one has ever tried to stab him or shoot him or something like that. And in comics, blunt force v piercing damage is a real thing. Like Wonder Woman can take punches from Superman, but she blocks bullets with her bracers.

Cap can take hits from ****ing Iron Man and Spidey and Ultron, but he got shot just fine by Bucky.

Well, we don't really know if it would have hurt Thor or not. First time he was on Earth he had no powers, and got overwhelmed by things like a tazer. Only a short while earlier in the same film, he'd tried to pancake Captain America. So he wasn't really familiar with Earth and its capabilities at the time. We did see a bullet bounce off of Loki's face after all.

And it kind of looks like Thor gets caught in Ultron's machine gun barrage here, at 0:05, and doesn't sustain injury, though I admit it is hard to say whether he actually takes any hits or not (you see Cap dive behind that statue, but Thor just kind of ducks). Actually, looking closely, it does look like some of the rounds impact. Especially the moment before they cut to the more side angle. It looks like one hits Thor's left shoulder.

ORCKfVZ6ekw

But yeah, not saying Drax is bullet proof. He needs more screen time and more feats before we can make that claim.

WhiteWitchKing
Yondu's arrow is a problem. But if they know even the basics(this guy whistles and his arrow wrecks shit), Floyd puts a round in his skull before he can purse his lips.

Or ya know, Diablo just roasts the Guardians.

Assuming he knows basics of Yondu and targets him first. That being the case then GOTG knows Deadshot's skills and he also becomes their main target. Rocket, Gamora, and SL are gunning for Deadshot and Diablo first. The other two have range weapons but Gamora is a great marksman herself. Fight starts and she throws her sword through Deadshot's head if he isn't paying attention to her. She hit SL with easy when he tried running from her.

Groots branch reach is sizable enough the he can tag a go number of SS.

GOTG take it.

quanchi112
Another DC loss.

FrothByte

Starlord and Rocket have far more powerful firepower than DS and Harley.

FrothByte
Saying Thor isn't bulletproof when Loki clearly is is retarded.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Saying Thor isn't bulletproof when Loki clearly is is retarded.

Saying Frost Giants and Asgardians are the same race is retarded.

Also, I never said Thor wasn't bulletproof. I said he ran from bullets, and he has indeed had trouble with them in comics on multiple occasions.

What I said was, we can't call Drax bulletproof until we see proof of it, because blunt force and piercing aren't the same thing.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Starlord and Rocket have far more powerful firepower than DS and Harley.

What's the range on Star Lord's element guns? I guarantee Floyd's is further. And bullets will kill everyone on GoTG just fine save Groot and questionably Drax, who doesn't survive Diablo or Katana.

As for Rocket, does he even start with weapons? He never had his own weapon in the movie, he either got one from someone/somewhere else, or built something.

TheLordofMurder
Saying Frost Giants and Asgardians are the same race is retarded.

Also, I never said Thor wasn't bulletproof. I said he ran from bullets, and he has indeed had trouble with them in comics on multiple occasions.

What I said was, we can't call Drax bulletproof until we see proof of it, because blunt force and piercing aren't the same thing.

Well said...

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Yondu solos since Suicide Squad has nothing that can stop his indestructible arrow..

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Yondu solos since Suicide Squad has nothing that can stop his indestructible arrow..

Except a bullet to the skull or being bathed in flames. And no proof his arrow is indestructible. In fact evidence points to Diablo being able to destroy it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Yondu solos since Suicide Squad has nothing that can stop his indestructible arrow.. I is way faster than those slow ass flames DC fanboy king wants to rave about.

BruceSkywalker
Except a bullet to the skull or being bathed in flames. And no proof his arrow is indestructible. In fact evidence points to Diablo being able to destroy it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by quanchi112
I is way faster than those slow ass flames DC fanboy king wants to rave about.

Yea... Yondu's arrow is clearly indestructible...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.