Favorite x-men movie villian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
Who was the most impressive

Sebastion Shaw
Apocalypse
Magneto
Dr. Trask
William Stryker

jaden101
Wolverine Origins Stryker was well played. One of the few plus points in it.

Ridley_Prime
Apocalypse and Shaw. Everyone else, meh.

carthage
Mckellen Magneto, Apocalypse, Stryker, and Shaw

rox
maybe its they way kevin bacon portrayed shaw but he is my favorite and apoc.

dynamix
yeah that was an awesome performance by Kevin Bacon. I'd say Magneto(old and young) and Sebastian Shaw.

Arachnid1
Young Magneto is easily my favorite, with Old Stryker being a close second. Great characters. Shaw was pretty awesome too. Say what you want about these movies, but they do a good job with the villains. Apoc was epic too. Dude had great lines, and delivered them perfectly. Shame they didn't do more with him.

rox
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Young Magneto is easily my favorite, with Old Stryker being a close second. Great characters. Shaw was pretty awesome too. Say what you want about these movies, but they do a good job with the villains. Apoc was epic too. Dude had great lines, and delivered them perfectly. Shame they didn't do more with him.

Yeah I hated they killed poc so early but at least they used a belivable character

Robtard
Magneto

Zack M
Sebastian Shaw!!

-Pr-
Outside of Magneto, Shaw and maybe two of the three Stryker's, the villains haven't been very good imo.

Magneto is the best though, imo.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-
Outside of Magneto, Shaw and maybe two of the three Stryker's, the villains haven't been very good imo.

Which two? big grin

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggerman
Which two? big grin

Brian Cox and the one from that Wolverine movie, because I like that actor.

The one in the new trilogy is all right, but he looks too much like Stifler for me to take him seriously.

TheLordofMurder
Too bad the Future Sentinels werent a choice here...

They are easily the most lethal force we've seen in a comicbook movie to date (as pertains their combat effectiveness against heroic characters)...

Anyway, out of the choices available, young Magneto wins...

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Too bad the Future Sentinels werent a choice here...

They are easily the most lethal force we've seen in a comicbook movie to date (as pertains their combat effectiveness against heroic characters)...

Anyway, out of the choices available, young Magneto wins...

I didn't like them because they were so OP, personally.

TheLordofMurder
I didn't like them because they were so OP, personally.

Well Singer was trying to faithfully recreate how unstoppable they were in the comics...

smile

marwash22
this thread is asking two different questions, who is my favorite and who is more impressive.

favorite: Mags
most impressive: Shaw

Apoc, despite being the most powerful, didn't accomplish anything. lol.

Ridley_Prime
To be fair, how often have writers ever let Apocalypse 'accomplish' anything, in the comics and stuff in general? Compared to the shit jobber treatment he got a lot of at some point in the comics, he at least got to be a credible threat again with his movie, even if they wasted him long run.

But back to the topic of fav movie villains, I guess I would give McKellan Magneto a close 3rd place on my list after Apoc and Shaw (Fassbender typically plays the antihero side of the character rather than the villain side), and not sure who my favorite Stryker is between X2 and Origins (both were played well). Trask was meh.

Dr Will Hatch
Magneto obviously. I think he was played best in First Class.

My second favorite would be Sebastian Shaw.

-Pr-
Well Singer was trying to faithfully recreate how unstoppable they were in the comics...

smile

In the original DOFP they weren't unstoppable... They just had a shitload of numbers.

Unless there's a different comic to the one I'm thinking of.

That also assumes Singer actually sat down and read the comics, which I don't believe.

ares834
Magneto (both young and old) is significantly better than any of the other choices. First Class is easily one of the best hero turned villain stories I've ever seen (Lucas take notes!).

Striker was pretty good in both films as well.

TheLordofMurder
In the original DOFP they weren't unstoppable... They just had a shitload of numbers.

Unless there's a different comic to the one I'm thinking of.

That also assumes Singer actually sat down and read the comics, which I don't believe.

Idk...

They killed the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, and Ghost Rider:

TheLordofMurder
They killed Wolverine:

TheLordofMurder
They even killed Franklin Richards:

TheLordofMurder
@PR

As a whole they were absolutely unstoppable...

That's why Time Travel was needed to stop them; just like in the movie...

TheLordofMurder
Here's a more complete scan of the 1st one I posted:

TheLordofMurder
@PR

They even powered through Jeans telekinetic disintegration:

TheLordofMurder
@PR

When you look at how the movie portrayed the Future Sentinels relative to how OP they were in the comicbook, what makes you think Singer didn't read the original story?

TheLordofMurder
Edit: duplicate

TheLordofMurder
One more for the road...

Jean is in awe at the power of the Future Sentinels:

TheLordofMurder
Ok, I lied...

This is the for real last one! smile

Kazenji
Idk...

They killed Doctor Doom, and Ghost Rider:

Wow...what a load of shit for those two, Considering what they're capable of doing.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow...what a load of shit for those two, Considering what they're capable of doing. Agreed

That is absolute trash writing

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ares834
Magneto (both young and old) is significantly better than any of the other choices. First Class is easily one of the best hero turned villain stories I've ever seen (Lucas take notes!).

Striker was pretty good in both films as well.
Far as First Class, I just found Magneto to be a dick more than I did him being a tragic excellently done hero turned bad guy story, but that's me. He was still one of the highlights of the film though, definitely. But from the overall scale, it's unfair in some ways to even compare Magneto (with both the young and old versions in mind) to the other movie villains, since he got to have some development in all six main films whereas the other villains just got to be one-offs at best. lol

Yeah, some of that posted Sentinel stuff from the comics brings back bad memories of shit writing, but it is why the future ones got to be OP in DoFP.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed

That is absolute trash writing

I'm curious, what makes it trash writing?

DoFP represents a dystopian future where fear and racism of those who are different takes mankind down a dark road to which there is no return...

Out of that darkness rises the Future Sentinels...

The Future Sentinels represent the ultimate in technology gone out of control; borne out of misguided intentions...

The Omega Sentinels could literally adapt to any power and thus they'd eventually defeat any opponent put infront of them...

I thought the story was epic and coherent; it made Time Travel an absolute must to avert the dark future the world was facing...

So once again, what makes it trash writing?

-Pr-
They killed a lot of the more powerful ones off-panel in the original story. It's impressive that they were able to do it, but we aren't told how.

Genuine question: How are the Sentinels from that later comic the same as the DOFP ones? There are many versions of Sentinel.

I still think the ones in the movie were OP, especially with how easily they had it against the likes of Colossus, Sunfire and basically anyone that wasn't Blink or Magneto.

TheLordofMurder
They killed a lot of the more powerful ones off-panel in the original story. It's impressive that they were able to do it, but we aren't told how.

Genuine question: How are the Sentinels from that later comic the same as the DOFP ones? There are many versions of Sentinel.

I still think the ones in the movie were OP, especially with how easily they had it against the likes of Colossus, Sunfire and basically anyone that wasn't Blink or Magneto.

The Omega Sentinels that appeared later on were brought back to the present with Time Travel (admittedly the story got very convoluted at that point)...

The dark future where the Omega Sentinels dominate ended up being a divergent time line, so changing the past didn't actually stop that future from occurring; it just put 616 on a different path...

-Pr-
The Omega Sentinels that appeared later on were brought back to the present with Time Travel (admittedly the story got very convoluted at that point)...

The dark future where the Omega Sentinels dominate ended up being a divergent time line, so changing the past didn't actually stop that future from occurring; it just put 616 on a different path...

I know they were future sentinels, but I was asking what makes them the DOFP Sentinels? Being from the future isn't enough imo.

And even if they were, aren't those the same Sentinels that Iceman, Colossus and Archangel were able to beat 1 on 1? Those Sentinels beat Jean because they were able to gang up on her, iirc.

TheLordofMurder
I know they were future sentinels, but I was asking what makes them the DOFP Sentinels? Being from the future isn't enough imo.

And even if they were, aren't those the same Sentinels that Iceman, Colossus and Archangel were able to beat 1 on 1? Those Sentinels beat Jean because they were able to gang up on her, iirc.

I gotcha...

The ones that Iceman and the rest fought were a lesser model than the ones that killed Jean...

The ones that Iceman fought were Mark 2 or 3's if memory serves me correctly...

The ones that killed Jean were far more advanced and were Omega Sentinels (which had the ability to defeat Omega level opponents)...

TheLordofMurder
@PR

The movie Sentinels appeared to (atleast IMHO) be closer to the Omega Sentinels from the comics than the ones that Iceman and some of the others soloed in the original DoFP storyline...

Although I think the Omega Sentinels>>>>>Movie DoFP Sentinels...

The Omega Sentinels were so OP that they were able to power through Jeans telekinetic disintegration (while sustaining tremendous damage) and kill her...

And it only took two of them to accomplish the feat...

-Pr-
Jean was killed at the same time as the X-Men were fighting the Sentinels. I honestly haven't read the issue in a while, but are you saying that they were attacked by two different kinds of Sentinel at the same time?

I'm talking about the ones that killed the Reavers, chased whatsisface through the portal, and attacked the Hellfire Club. Colossus at the end of that comic is holding Jean's body in his arms, and they're all "OMG she's dead" even if they should be used to it by now.

X-Men... Uncanny X-Men 281.

TheLordofMurder
Jean was killed at the same time as the X-Men were fighting the Sentinels. I honestly haven't read the issue in a while, but are you saying that they were attacked by two different kinds of Sentinel at the same time?

I'm talking about the ones that killed the Reavers, chased whatsisface through the portal, and attacked the Hellfire Club. Colossus at the end of that comic is holding Jean's body in his arms, and they're all "OMG she's dead" even if they should be used to it by now.

X-Men... Uncanny X-Men 281.

You know as they add more to it after the fact it becomes exponentially more convoluted...

I gotta go back and reread my comics now, but I believe the ones that killed Jean were sent specifically to kill Jean...

rox
Sorry but DOFP is my favorite x-men movie and comic book.

Ridley_Prime
Not getting to see Wolverine at least fight a Sentinel was disappointing though (referring to the regular ones, not the future ones).

rox
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not getting to see Wolverine at least fight a Sentinel was disappointing though (referring to the regular ones, not the future ones).

That would have been cool tosee and him having a berseker rage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.