Could Aquaman hang with Herc h2h ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Fist fight vs. Immortal Hercules ....Can Aquaman hang or does he get his shit pushed in?

leonidas
depends on how you define hang? he could give a decent account. it wouldn't be easy for herc to beat him, but he would in the end. he's in the ww/cap marve; tier of strength. art's not there, but he's not TOO far away imo.

Facee
Originally posted by leonidas
depends on how you define hang? he could give a decent account. it wouldn't be easy for herc to beat him, but he would in the end. he's in the ww/cap marve; tier of strength. art's not there, but he's not TOO far away imo.

I can live with that.

So, speeds not a factor here, right?

leonidas
not imo. art's def faster, but he's not blitzing that's for sure. it'd come down to a brawl like it did when he fought dc herc and herc would win in the end. underwater would clearly be a different story.

-Pr-

Disagree tbh. I wouldn't put him in Marve's tier, but I wouldn't put WW there either. Post 52, I think you could easily argue that Arthur is in Diana's tier, even if he's at the lower end of it.

Don't think he'd win this fight, though. Hang, sure, but not win.

Sin I AM
Is Captain Marvel even in Captain Marvels tier anymore? Dude has seriously went down a notch

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
Disagree tbh. I wouldn't put him in Marve's tier, but I wouldn't put WW there either. Post 52, I think you could easily argue that Arthur is in Diana's tier, even if he's at the lower end of it.

Don't think he'd win this fight, though. Hang, sure, but not win.

meh, i'd call marvel/thor/herc/ww all essential equals, a level below superman. there might be some small variation, but i don't think strength would be a deciding factor among any of them. post 52 arthur is close to ww tier imo too. that would make this reasonably close, but enough difference that i really can't see AM winning it. we both seem to agree on the main part at least.

leonidas
@sin--i was assuming pre52 marvel, not post.

carver9
I think Hercules is a Lil stronger than the people you've mentioned.

leonidas
you think herc is stronger than ww, thor or cm?

carver9
Yes.

Facee
Originally posted by carver9
Yes.

Do you think he's stronger than Superman ?

Stoic
Herc is certainly in WW, and CM's tier in terms of strength. After all he was able to physically bend, and break an ersatz Silver Surfer's board, or at least a version of him was able to do it. He's not above them though.

riv6672
Originally posted by Facee
Fist fight vs. Immortal Hercules ....Can Aquaman hang or does he get his shit pushed in?
It'd be a good fight; Hercules wins in the end.

Sin I AM
Meh. Pre Marvel is Clarks equal. Asa
Long as he isnt power sharing. Nu marvel is equal or below Authur.

abhilegend
Nope.

krisblaze
Yeah, I definitely think new 52 Aquaman could hang.

I'd put them in roughly the same strength tier, but Hercules outclasses him as far as durability goes.

celeyhyga17
AQM is closer to Wonder Man tier.

leonidas
i agree with that. still close enough to hang for sure unless herc went berserker or something, which doesn't happen very often.

carver9
Originally posted by Facee
Do you think he's stronger than Superman ?

No.

Sin I AM
Isnt AM rough equals with Namor?

leonidas
yeah. my opinion has always been namor/wonderman are approx equals, just below the top tier guys like thor/herc/hyperion/ww/cm. then you got the hulk and superman. opinions will vary of course, but i think over the long haul those designations would be born out and can be supported pretty strongly, with of course, the odd exception here or there.

Sin I AM
Hercules has never beaten Namor right leo? I remember two instances where they fought but they appeared about even

-Pr-
meh, i'd call marvel/thor/herc/ww all essential equals, a level below superman. there might be some small variation, but i don't think strength would be a deciding factor among any of them. post 52 arthur is close to ww tier imo too. that would make this reasonably close, but enough difference that i really can't see AM winning it. we both seem to agree on the main part at least.

I'd honestly put Diana a notch (however small) below the likes of Marvel in pure strength (at least preboot), but her other abilities make up for it.

Otherwise, we seem to agree yeah.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hercules has never beaten Namor right leo? I remember two instances where they fought but they appeared about even yeah, but namor is, well, namor. He has some of the craziest high end showings for anyone in his tier. The guy has done well against the hulk, fought Thor, soloed Ares, sentry, and wonder man, and even made thanks bleed with his punches.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hercules has never beaten Namor right leo? I remember two instances where they fought but they appeared about even

they never fought to a definitive conclusion, but herc performed feats namor couldn't. even underwater he was able to advance against a coccooned jean grey (i think it was jean) while namor couldn't. on land hes done a few things namor couldn't. they really haven't fought each where herc was out for the kill.

still, namor does have some crazy strength feats. he's def near the top tier guys, and has too many showings to suggest otherwise.

StiltmanFTW
Namor's feats at least are all legit... Herc's ones get either retconned, revealed as drunken lies or cannot be quantified (holding up the heavens).

leonidas
huh? retconned? what feats were retconned? there is one issue of thor where the whole point of the issue was that he was telling tall tales, but anyone who took those feats as real, well, doesn't know much about thor or herc.... he pretty badly, and regularly, outperformed namor when both were in the avengers though.

StiltmanFTW
Manhattan Island pulling feat:

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/RickSenger/2012-09-12_105752_34957_142261969133425_3186570_n.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/hk6ckwx

Surtur
So you see whenever the words "Aquaman" and "hang" are in the same sentence I just picture Aquaman's lifeless body hanging from a giant fish hook.

Surtur
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/RickSenger/2012-09-12_105752_34957_142261969133425_3186570_n.jpg

I see that Hercules buys his chains from the same place Pre Crisis Superboy does.

leonidas

umm, how is that supposed to be a retcon of that feat.....? dontgetit

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
So you see whenever the words "Aquaman" and "hang" are in the same sentence I just picture Aquaman's lifeless body hanging from a giant fish hook.

laughing out loud

Same here...

celeyhyga17
I don't get the retcon.

Herc is definitely beyond Namor. Namor has gud feats, but I think he lacks the transcendent feats that the uber strong guys like Herc possesses.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I don't get the retcon.

Herc is definitely beyond Namor. Namor has gud feats, but I think he lacks the transcendent feats that the uber strong guys like Herc possesses.

he just doesn't have the cheese feats

EcstaticGrace
Considering Shazam has the strength of Hercules and Aquaman beat up Hercules... with AC showing restraint..

On top of that Aquaman could blitz but he it's not that often he does so.

StiltmanFTW
umm, how is that supposed to be a retcon of that feat.....? dontgetit

*saw edit too late*

It was discussed in a few thread here and on cursed comicvine, but the way I understand this...

... Herc just held the island in place, didn't pull it.

DARKSAINT YOU YELLOW OUTSIDER COME HERE AND HELP

zopzop
umm, how is that supposed to be a retcon of that feat.....? dontgetit Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I don't get the retcon.

Herc is definitely beyond Namor. Namor has gud feats, but I think he lacks the transcendent feats that the uber strong guys like Herc possesses. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
*saw edit too late*

It was discussed in a few thread here and on cursed comicvine, but the way I understand this...

It DID get retconned. The second scan in the original post by stilt outright says it. And here's the reason WHY it was retconned :
http://s21.postimg.org/5v8u87lyv/2918576_noprize.jpg

Obviously Battery Park IS NOT facing the Bronx in Marvel Universe Earth (just like it doesn't IRL). So either someone fixed the rotation of Manhattan Island AFTER Herc pulled it into place (never once mentioned or hinted at) or Herc never pulled the island and exaggerated his feat (outright stated on panel).

leonidas
*saw edit too late*

lol

i know the discussion you're talking about. some controversy for sure. not something that i've really felt too strongly about either way. the island was cheesy when it came out, so not hard to believe it has been 'attacked'. there's def some proof that supports a retcon, but there is some support to suggest that it did happen in a typical comic-cheese way. and as cheese feats go, it's really not even all that crazy, so, yeah. retcon or no retcon, whatever.

DarkSaint85
Haha.

I've just been on a desert island for a few days, but zop posted the right info.

Herc exaggerated his feat into pulling the entire island, as Marvel editors realised some cheese feats were just too stupid.

Estacado
Could Herc talk to fish?

StiltmanFTW
Only if sufficiently amped.

Genii96
I don't get the retcon.

You mean space cheese

That's the only thing he lacks

As far as battles go, on land they have been proven as equals multiple times

Underwater namor kicked his ass twice

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Genii96
You mean space cheese

That's the only thing he lacks

As far as battles go, on land they have been proven as equals multiple times

Underwater namor kicked his ass twice
No

Genii96
No what ?

leonidas
where exactly did namor kick his ass once, let alone twice....? he's proven stronger underwater once:

http://s401.photobucket.com/user/clokeagne_supernova/media/Namor%20Respect/Avengers263a.jpg.html

so yeah, love to see him kicking herc's ass. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
AQM is closer to Wonder Man tier.

Simon is stronger than Hercules.

leonidas
http://imgur.com/a/J2VJv

no expression

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
as Marvel editors realised some cheese feats were just too stupid.

With this logic though like 25% of all feats from the 1960s-1980s should be retconned.

The island feat is actually rather tame in comparison to some of the things they have had characters do.

leonidas
thumb up seriously, he held the heavens. who gives a sh!t if he pulled an island or not? lol

Genii96
where exactly did namor kick his ass once, let alone twice....? he's proven stronger underwater once:

http://s401.photobucket.com/user/clokeagne_supernova/media/Namor%20Respect/Avengers263a.jpg.html

so yeah, love to see him kicking herc's ass. thumb up

Can't view it on my phone but I guess it's about the Phoenix cocoon stuff?

If that is the case, namor was having a psychological breakdown during that time. Hercules himself forces namor out of it and that fought to a stalemate on land

Both times he has over powered Hercules has been underwater

First time is when Hercules and a group of avengers attacked him under a misunderstanding

Second time is when he used a cosmic cube to make water. He overpowers him but sees the fight as unfair then brings them back to land where they fight to a draw

LordofBrooklyn
http://imgur.com/a/J2VJv

no expression

Now take into account Simon's non-jobbing performances against: Abomination, Hulk, Thing, Namor and Thor and compare them to Hercules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.