Dooku vs. anyone before Yoda in sabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Can any duelist before the birth of Yoda contend with the Count in a pure saber duel, and if so, what is your reasoning?

I'm of the impression that modern users tend to be better at everything, but especially as duelists. Dooku may be a hard limit; I could entertain Exar Kun as the only one who may be his match, or perhaps the Outlander as KotFE develops.

Jmanghan
Outlander of Tython, possibly.

Revan's a long-shot.

Malgus could give him trouble.

Tulak Hord could possibly take a majority.

UCanShootMyNova
Hord, Malgus ( due to his own incredible skill and power and his form advantage ), Ulic ( same as Malgus ), anyone with an insane power advantage and decent amount of skill on their own ( Exar Kun, Karness Muur, etc. ).

MS Warehouse
What a presumptuous topic. Let's shift the burden of proof on others!
Kun, Ulic, Hord, Bane, Kas'im and those are off the top of my head. A better question would be the count could contend or defeat any of these.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
What a presumptuous topic. Let's shift the burden of proof on others!
Kun, Ulic, Hord, Bane, Kas'im and those are off the top of my head. A better question would be the count could contend or defeat any of these. Bane and Kas'im would lose.

Kun should take it.

Ulic should take 6/10, Hord takes 8/10.

DarthAnt66
Tulak Hord, Exar Kun, and Revan can beat him in sabers.

chingchangwalla
I don't think Revan can Ant. Reasons?

DarthAnt66
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

Nephthys
Hord, Kun, Ulic, Revan, Malak, Meetra, Nyriss, Scourge, Wrath, HoT, Malgus, Nox, Arcann, Kas'im, Bane, Zannah, Raskta....

Plenty of others are strong possibilities. Muur, Pall, Ragnos, maybe Senya....

carthage
Honestly the only one I can think of is Exar.

Ulic, Arcann, and Malgus could give him decent fights to varying degrees due to their physical strength but would all lose for a majority.

SeriousLogic
Malgus could take Dooku. The Count is obviously far more refined and has absolutley honed his technique, but Malgus is so damn combat effective! He has strength in abundance and speed to match Dooku not to mention better stamina

SeriousLogic
Ulic is a 50/50 for me.

Kurk
Originally posted by SeriousLogic
Malgus could take Dooku. The Count is obviously far more refined and has absolutley honed his technique, but Malgus is so damn combat effective! He has strength in abundance and speed to match Dooku not to mention better stamina
Malgus is much too slow and wild leaving him prey to a quick Makashi stab

ares834
Revan, Exar, and Ulic for sure.

Other likely characters would include Malak, Hord, Arcann, Malgus, and Outlander.

SeriousLogic
Originally posted by Kurk
Malgus is much too slow and wild leaving him prey to a quick Makashi stab
He isn't slow.

DarthAnt66
SL, what's your past account?

SeriousLogic
I don't have a past account. I've used my brother's account before though smile

DarthAnt66
Alright, who's your brothers account?

SeriousLogic
Ching.

DarthAnt66
Ching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD_ag67tH3I

SeriousLogic
I'm nothing like him. I don't have Kun above Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
I thought he was trolling. mmm

SeriousLogic
No. He loves TOTJ too much... :/

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...:/ :/ :/ :/ :/

MS Warehouse
Well this topic didn't go the way the OP hoped.

chingchangwalla
No. He loves TOTJ too much... :/
That's cute. Tryna make friends fgt?

SeriousLogic
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
That's cute. Tryna make friends fgt?
Do you not think Kun > Palpatine...? laughing

DarthAnt66
Serious, share with me your thoughts on Revan.

SeriousLogic
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Serious, share with me your thoughts on Revan.
He's probably my fave so I tend to overrate him a bit...

quanchi112
Is this a family squabble ?

chingchangwalla
Kun > Revan, we've been through this...

SeriousLogic
*Sigh, by calling Revan shit you win? Yep... just leave.

DarthAnt66
I'd gladly debate it with you.

Hint: you'd lose.

DarthAnt66
Good. Have you Revan respect thread?

Trocity
Kun > Revan

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh

ares834
Originally posted by Trocity
Nahhhhhhhhhhhh

Kun >>> Revan?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Kun >>> Revan?
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'd gladly debate it with you.

ares834
Debate for Kun? Gross.

quanchi112
Debate for Kun? Gross. Coward.

chingchangwalla
Does everyone just hate Kun because a select few have him above Palps?

ares834
I don't hate him, in fact I actually find him to be one the very few "cool" Sith Lords in the EU. But, yes, I will never work with those Kunite scum in their attempts to supplant Palpatine with Exar as the supreme Sith Lord of all time.

The Ellimist

People seem to think that just because Anakin could dominate Dooku with his raw power, anyone with big muscles can. Anakin >>>>>> Malgus in Force augmentation; they're not remotely in the same universe. Dooku had no problems handling Grievous or any other fit youngsters.

Dooku just has far greater feats and accolades with a blade than Malgus; he may be stronger with the Force too.

SeriousLogic
That's not what I believe at all and I'm aware of this.

SeriousLogic
Take note of the 'could'. I didn't outright say Malgus would just dominate Dooku.

The Ellimist
I don't think he could, not with any respectable odds.

SeriousLogic
Dooku does have better force feats and saber feats. What if Malgus got bloodlusted? No Difference?

The Ellimist
I dunno, it's hard to figure out how much of a boost being bloodlusted would give him, it could be almost nothing to utterly ridiculous.

MythLord
Tons can contend with him, but I think few can beat him(for a minority, at least). Some of them being Exar Kun, Ulic(probably more a minority), Bane(same as Qel-Droma), Zannah(same as her master), Cognus(assuming she's surpassed both of her masters, she's taking him for a majority).

SeriousLogic
Zannah, Bane and Cognus? Interesting

AncientPower
I don't hate him, in fact I actually find him to be one the very few "cool" Sith Lords in the EU. But, yes, I will never work with those Kunite scum in their attempts to supplant Palpatine with Exar as the supreme Sith Lord of all time.

If you think that is the actual goal of Nai or Ziggy, you've not been paying attention. All they ever cared about,and still do, is to end the reign of Gideon, which is intertwined with Palpatine as most powerful Sith Lord. Which Sith they use to bring that to fruition, isn't relevant to them.

The real Exar Kun supporters like myself don't even have Exar Kun on Plagueis tier, nevermind Sidious tier. Just like Ant has Revan below Plagueis.

carthage
Ancientpower has single handedly destroyed any attempt at interpretation of Exar's feats by means of wanking and presenting feats out of context. It's no wonder people think less of him given that she's poisoned the well regarding his spirit feats. It's sad tbh he's actually a good character other the fact AP has made of her life's work to blow his reputation sky high like Neph and DMB did Bane and Legend did to Vitiate

AncientPower
I'm sorry, did I hurt your Vader wank?

carthage
laughing out loud No but you single handedly turned Exar into a Near Bane tier joke. I'm a fan of the character and even have argued in the past in favor of him. You're horrible arguments have made him a joke though tbh

AncientPower
Your*

He isn't a joke and never was, but your personal preconceptions of character rankings and your obvious PT colored glasses blind you to the idea of anybody being near your darling Vader, even though every indication points to that truth.

The Ellimist
Nitpick: the Vader we know is from the OT...

quanchi112
Carthage would like Vader just like the masses. Carthage is another lemming.

carthage
Et Tu Quanchi... Why...

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Et Tu Quanchi... Why... Your DC bias has gotten you into hot water.

Jmanghan
Does everyone just hate Kun because a select few have him above Palps? No one hates Kun.

Just, what he's done doesn't stack up to Revan in terms of Feats or Accolades.

SunRazer
Based on what?

carthage
Originally posted by AncientPower
Your*

He isn't a joke and never was, but your personal preconceptions of character rankings and your obvious PT colored glasses blind you to the idea of anybody being near your darling Vader, even though every indication points to that truth.

I legitimately have no bias towards any era, the list of characters I like span across all the books/comics. There are plenty of Sith/Jedi I rank above Vader, lmao. For the few years you've been posting here, you've made it blatantly obvious that you're biased towards the TOR/KOTOR era. You're hardly better than Legend in terms of bias, lol

AncientPower
I have never once had an era bias, there's a massive difference between wanking an era and ranking it highly as well as other eras, in contrast to others who relentlessly lowball them. You being a prime example.

I've supported legacy era, old sith wars era and NJO era, largely because they've all been criminally lowballed for years by the Gideon cohorts.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't get era wank tbh. But maybe that's because my scope is limited to individual chars.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I don't get era wank tbh. But maybe that's because my scope is limited to individual chars.
Maybe it's because some eras have the best characters *cough TOTJ

UCanShootMyNova
*Shrug*

If an era has some good characters then you wank them. Wanking a whole era seems kind of stupid tbh.

ILS
Wanking a whole era to inflate one character is something people have been doing since the inception of SW debating, unless you think people actually find Thon interesting aside from being a dinosaur Jedi.

UCanShootMyNova
embarrasment I love dinosaurs...

Nai
If you think that is the actual goal of Nai or Ziggy, you've not been paying attention. All they ever cared about,and still do, is to end the reign of Gideon, which is intertwined with Palpatine as most powerful Sith Lord. Which Sith they use to bring that to fruition, isn't relevant to them.

Oh. Thanks for lumping me in with Ziggy and having the audacity to assume that you do know my thoughts and motives. Didn't the track record of failure, otherwise known as your posting history, teach you anything? For example, that I'm neither concerned with Gideon's "reign" over a bunch of tools, who don't interest me at all, nor have I ever even attempted to "end" it, which is pretty obvious from the fact that it - apparently - still exists.

And given that I can eat alphabet soup and shit better Kun arguments than you can ever hope of producing, I seriously have to wonder, why my "motives" (even assuming, you got them correctly) should be of any concern when judging my arguments.

So why don't you stick to the things you're good at, instead of trying to flame me, when I'm not "actively" present. Being entirely irrelevant, for example.

Aside from the hilarity, that you seem to be under the impression, that you can define who is "a real Kun supporter" (see "no true scotsman"wink, the idea of sorting individuals into "tiers" is already rather absurd, not even mentioning your flawed ways of performing the actual sorting.

Maybe you want to leave the thinking to those who have the required assets to do so. thumb up

And, as some sort of bonus:

"I support stuff, because Gideon and friends are against it", while, essentially "accusing" me of doing the same. What an ingenious creature you are, AP. laughing out loud

AncientPower
You call me a failure when you've attempted to peddle the same Kun argument for years and have been shut down every single time. You're the epitome of failure around here, I've seen you making those arguments ten years ago.

Comparatively, I've taken Kun from Dooku to Vader to Revan tier in the last few years with my well sourced arguments. Half the content in ILS' Respect Thread, is from me.

The fact you deny your lack of accomplishment in this regard and then go on toinsinuate that I am the failure, even better, that you can make better Kun arguments than myself, is outright hilarity. I have turnef heads in this regard, Ant used to be arguing he is Malak tier and certainly nowhere near Revan or Krayt. I changed that, as well as the minds of many more.

Bow to the Queen.

|King Joker|
You make friends everywhere you go, don't you, AP? smile

AncientPower
I hope you still love me though.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by |King Joker|
You make friends everywhere you go, don't you, AP? smile

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Emotions/Friendship/friendship-66v.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh the image I just posted is creep af. smile

AncientPower
Black Sun, Syn is an SS sympathiser confirmed.

quanchi112
Nai is rather repetitive and condescending while at the same time cowardly. It's a truly detestable combination.

SheGotHerOwn

The real Exar Kun supporters like myself don't even have Exar Kun on Plagueis tier, nevermind Sidious tier.
mmm
mhmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.