Can Non-Force Users realistically fight a Force User?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Hm? Taking away plot for a minute and looking at the combatant's overall abilities and or gear, is it an actual possibility or not?

I feel...yes and no.

Yes...if the Force User is a Jedi or just someone with morals. Jedi don't go abusing Force abilities nor will they opt to kill, at least not straight away. So this gives the Non-Force User somewhat of a wiggle room in being able to fight them, even taking away the latter, they still restrain themselves Force wise.

So...yeah, I could see them losing.

No...if the Force User is a Dark Jedi or Sith. I don't really see why either would care enough to draw out a fight when they could just end them with no issue. I mean it's noted and shown, that all it'd take to kill a man would be a flick of the wrist. The only way as I see this fight even being possible, is if the Non-Force User had a trap set beforehand in the fight.

Or if the Dark Jedi or Sith like to torture their opponent before killing them. But even with that, they usually won't restrain themselves that much, they'd still just toss around the guy or throw things at him or whatever...so even with that, I don't see it being much in favor of victory for the Non-Force User.

Well...those are my thoughts, anyone got anything?

Nephthys
yes

quanchi112
Yes. We have seen it happen. It's a myth that the non force user has no chance.

chingchangwalla
If the force user is Trebor level yes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
If the force user is Trebor level yes. Your preconceived notions don't undermine the facts. Did Kenobi best Jango Fett ?

Zenwolf
Guys read OP= No plot involved, just looking at the overall abilities and such.

chingchangwalla
Well honestly, they should not be able to. With some if not most force users moving too quick for other force sensitives to see properly, clones and bounty hunters shouldn't really stand a chance.

Zenwolf
Well honestly, they should not be able to. With some if not most force users moving too quick for other force sensitives to see properly, clones and bounty hunters shouldn't really stand a chance.

I was thinking this, but it's something I feel that again, Jedi wouldn't abuse as given their lifestyle, they put barriers on themselves so they won't risk falling to the darkside.

darthbane77
If the non FU has the skill and gear required then yes, the Mandalorians were more than skilled enough to contend with Jedi; and even killed Jedi en-mass in the Mandalorian Wars.

Zenwolf
Well en-mass yeah, but I guess I'm talking more 1 on 1. With numbers, that's a different game.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well en-mass yeah, but I guess I'm talking more 1 on 1. With numbers, that's a different game. Ah, I gotcha. 1v1 a Force user will win most of the time, unless the non Force user is like Mandalore the Ultimate or something or the Force user is total fodder.

quanchi112
Skill matters for each party here but as I said yes as this has been evidenced multiple times in Star Wars continuity.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by darthbane77
Ah, I gotcha. 1v1 a Force user will win most of the time, unless the non Force user is like Mandalore the Ultimate or something or the Force user is total fodder.

This applying to both a Jedi/morals Force User and Sith/no morals Dark Jedi? Or just the former?

Because Mandalore or not, I don't see how it'd matter against the latter as I don't see them really caring enough to have a long lengthy fight.

Again ignoring plot/writing here.

darthbane77
Depends on how powerful the Force user is ultimately, somebody like Darovit isn't killing anybody who can swing a sword with any amount of skill, but if they're fighting somebody like Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, etc (people with actual feats) then the Jedi/Sith will always win most likely.

JKBart
Jedi in most cases are required to demonstrate incredible, absurd-tier advantage to the blaster wielding guy. It's laughably more difficult to have the superhuman senses to catch up with blaster bolts, have the superhuman speed to tag the bolts with your melee weapon, superhuman reflexes to catch something as small onto your laser blade, have the superhuman coordination to deflect them precisely, or/and have the superhuman coordination to do it while dividing your attention to press to close combat.

It's, like, infinitely harder to do all this stuff instead of outdrawing/outmanuevering your opponent blaster vs. blaster. Force users are superhuman. But all the things above required to competitively fight against the blaster with a melee weapon, with the blaster shooting around as fast as IRL guns - these things require you not only to be superhuman, but also to be really good for a superhuman.

Add in properly fast weapon, good accuracy, targeting rapidly into different parts of the body (making all the above even far harder for the saber user, with the shooter having slightly more work only), and the good fighting distance and yes, it's definitely possible.

Add more complicated equipment, jetpacks, flamethrowers, etc. and you get why it's possible for the guys like HK-47 or Jango to exist.

As for the Force powers - they take focus and effort. Hard to have that focus when you're busy predicting bullet-fast blater bolts, predicting their exact vector with the offset of 0.5cm perhaps (so you can catch them on your blade). There are some famous multitaskers like Dooku, but they're the minority. Hard to get the moment to lower your lightsaber defenses to focus on gripping/pushing the opponent when in a large barrage of fire. Especially given that even the pushed/gripped guy can instinctively still shoot. Now of course I don't mean it's impossible, it's possible even for the fodder Jedi/Sith, but it's just not instant, you have to be so fast that you can throw that TK between bolt deflection, and not every Force user is that good, so the random Force user will definitely not be able to do it in every 1v1 fight.

chingchangwalla
It just pisses me off. You look at all the Jedi trials and what it takes to become a Knight or a Master and you'd think Jango and co would be absolutely raped. But look at Ima Gun Di: Rubbish, master Halsey: get stomped by Savage with no effort. It's gross how shit your 'average' Jedi master is.

JKBart
It just pisses me off. You look at all the Jedi trials and what it takes to become a Knight or a Master and you'd think Jango and co would be absolutely raped. But look at Ima Gun Di: Rubbish, master Halsey: get stomped by Savage with no effort. It's gross how shit your 'average' Jedi master is. That's quite true, though, given how truly long, immense and restrictive Jedi training is supposed to be in some eras, like TOR, or PT. Somebody screwed up the continuity there.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I was thinking this, but it's something I feel that again, Jedi wouldn't abuse as given their lifestyle, they put barriers on themselves so they won't risk falling to the darkside.
So they're stupid? They'd rather be killed than get a little angry? Mace and Annie didn't get that memo

Zenwolf
So they're stupid? They'd rather be killed than get a little angry? Mace and Annie didn't get that memo

They're essentially monks, they have to resist temptation to abuse their power. Mace skirts the line and Anakin isn't really a great ideal for a Jedi given he's mentally unhinged.

chingchangwalla
It's hard when the two leaders of the order are polar opposites. Glad they all got ****ing ripped apart by Anakin and the clones

Solar Power

Solar Power

chingchangwalla
Cad Bane is so overrated. Anakin, Ashoka, Vos, Kenobi etc. all try to capture him and take him back to prison. If any old dark acolyte came after him with a killing intent, Cad dies. He isn't Jango level

Solar Power
Cad Bane is so overrated. Anakin, Ashoka, Vos, Kenobi etc. all try to capture him and take him back to prison. If any old dark acolyte came after him with a killing intent, Cad dies. He isn't Jango level

No argument from me friend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.