Hyperion vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Thor doesn't have his hammer or weather powers, no heat vision as for hype

shadowknight
Hype wins

TheHulkster
Originally posted by shadowknight
Hype wins

cdtm
If you buy Hype pushing a universe.

I dunno, the universe was following along with Earth, so I'm thinking the universe basically followed Earth wherever it went, instead of being "moved". (Can you say the Earth destroyed the universe like a bomb? Same thing, the universe played Simon Says with Earth, following it and dying out when the planet dies..)

leonidas
even if you count the "universe" pushing, doesn't really matter. it was a cheese feat and is at best unquantifiably controversial, at worst, completely misinterpreted. thor still has far greater versatility. any strength difference would be negligible and thor has beaten other versions of hyperion as well. i'd still take thor for a good majority, especially an out-for-the-kill thor using his powers fully.

StiltmanFTW
Hype one-shots him with a pimpslap.

carver9
Originally posted by shadowknight
Hype wins

TheHulkster
Originally posted by leonidas
even if you count the "universe" pushing, doesn't really matter. it was a cheese feat and is at best unquantifiably controversial, at worst, completely misinterpreted. thor still has far greater versatility. any strength difference would be negligible and thor has beaten other versions of hyperion as well. i'd still take thor for a good majority, especially an out-for-the-kill thor using his powers fully.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Thor doesn't have his hammer or weather powers, no heat vision as for hype

h1a8
If Thor doesn't have his hammer or weather powers then this is a stomp. IMO Thor is a low herald or high meta without his hammer or weather powers.

Kryptoniano
Originally posted by h1a8
If Thor doesn't have his hammer or weather powers then this is a stomp. IMO Thor is a low herald or high meta without his hammer or weather powers.

Exactly. And it's not even a matter of opinion. Without mjolnir, Thor is basically a souped up asgardian (and asgardians are not impressive at all); probably a high meta.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Kryptoniano
Exactly. And it's not even a matter of opinion. Without mjolnir, Thor is basically a souped up asgardian (and asgardians are not impressive at all); probably a high meta.

Under these circumstances, he is pretty much Hercules.

psycho gundam
high meta without his hammer or weather powers. laughing out loud

Basically at worst with everything stripped from him Thor is equal to the best Hercules has to offer and you say high meta...

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
laughing out loud

Basically at worst with everything stripped from him Thor is equal to the best Hercules has to offer and you say high meta... I said high meta OR low herald. If one is true then my statement is true. In other words, my statement is false ONLY IF both assertions are false.
FYI, Hercules is either a high meta or low herald too. And Hercules >>>stripped Thor.

psycho gundam
Clearly you don't know their tussles otherwise you wouldn't have used the buckshot approach to assess their level.

"High meta" laughing out loud The fact you think that's possible is why you shouldn't comment sometimes

carver9
I said high meta OR low herald. If one is true then my statement is true. In other words, my statement is false ONLY IF both assertions are false.
FYI, Hercules is either a high meta or low herald too. And Hercules >>>stripped Thor.

Why is Hercules high meta?

abhilegend
Hercules is low herald at best.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Why is Hercules high meta? I said OR low herald. I generally say that all heralds have a mode of transportation or great speed.
In other words, one cannot be a herald (by definition) if they can't travel great enough distances in short amount of times.

leonidas
so is thor under these stips. hype would still have speed and flight then so that would make a difference. hype wins against a neutered thor and this is s pretty fail thread.

krisblaze
How is Thor winning this?

Hyperion is better in every category except maybe damage soak.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by leonidas
so is thor under these stips. hype would still have speed and flight then so that would make a difference. hype wins against a neutered thor and this is s pretty fail thread. no super speed.

Cogito
...so basically you just want a cage match slugfest no powers aside from strength/durability...

TethAdamTheRock
fist fight

ShadowFyre
Thor with majority of his natural powers taken away versus Hype minus something that doesent hurt Thor anyway.

Thor still has more feats. More experience, more and bigger spacecheeses. Unquantifiable strength feats, more vicious, just as strong, better damage soak, has experience fighting hyperions, not vice versa. Can cast simple magic still, and can godblast, as soon as Hype brings it close. All Thor has to do is clench and Godblast and Hypes weakness will be the death of him.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor with majority of his natural powers taken away versus Hype minus something that doesent hurt Thor anyway.

Thor still has more feats. More experience, more and bigger spacecheeses. Unquantifiable strength feats, more vicious, just as strong, better damage soak, has experience fighting hyperions, not vice versa. Can cast simple magic still, and can godblast, as soon as Hype brings it close. All Thor has to do is clench and Godblast and Hypes weakness will be the death of him.

Thor hasn't been proven to Godblast without his hammer.
Unquantifiable feats could be a feat of 1000tons. They are not necessarily good feats.

Thor is not as strong as Hype, nor as fast, nor as durable.

What feats show Thor casting simple spells in battle without Mjolnir?

HV always was shown to hurt Thor.

RealityWarper
Hyperion probably.
Thor relies on his gear too much on fights.

celeyhyga17
Thor hasn't been proven to Godblast without his hammer.
Unquantifiable feats could be a feat of 1000tons. They are not necessarily good feats.

Thor is not as strong as Hype, nor as fast, nor as durable.

What feats show Thor casting simple spells in battle without Mjolnir?

HV always was shown to hurt Thor.
He did a lightning godblast.

He can shoot lightning out of his hands. He's also performed a complex illusion a la Loki.

Anyways this is a slugfest isn't it?

ShadowFyre
Show me Hyperion being more durable? Of all their appearances together, Hyperion has never once looked more durable. Unquantifiable, like world engine, etc.

Thor has used godblast without Mjolnir, in fact Mjolnir adds nothing to Godblast.

Wont bother with rest of statements as the majority are wrong and fueled by hate instead of actual knowledge if character.

Thor's damage soak is way past hypes, more experience, I just think he edges hype out. Great spacecheese from hype but thats all. Good fight and they are definite peers but giving it to the classic with more actual fighting experience.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Show me Hyperion being more durable? Of all their appearances together, Hyperion has never once looked more durable. Unquantifiable, like world engine, etc.

Thor has used godblast without Mjolnir, in fact Mjolnir adds nothing to Godblast.

Wont bother with rest of statements as the majority are wrong and fueled by hate instead of actual knowledge if character.

Thor's damage soak is way past hypes, more experience, I just think he edges hype out. Great spacecheese from hype but thats all. Good fight and they are definite peers but giving it to the classic with more actual fighting experience.

World engine took 100 tons. Prove me wrong!

Unquantifiable means we don't know. It doesn't mean it was a lot.

Hype is a lot stronger and faster. Speed alone makes this a stomp.
Thor gets hit in the face Thor bleeds.

I seen all of classic Thor feats. There is no feat that mentioned Godblast when Thor expelled energy from him. You are referring to the feat where Thor is covered with demons.

DarkOdin
World engine took 100 tons. Prove me wrong!

Unquantifiable means we don't know. It doesn't mean it was a lot.

Hype is a lot stronger and faster. Speed alone makes this a stomp.
Thor gets hit in the face Thor bleeds.

I seen all of classic Thor feats. There is no feat that mentioned Godblast when Thor expelled energy from him. You are referring to the feat where Thor is covered with demons. thw "durok droppe" is the feat I think he is referring to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.