Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Force
Sabers
All out

- Both at prime
- Morals on for Malgus

Ursumeles
Tano takes Sabers. Malgus should win Force only, depending on how we interpret his FE feats. Not sure about all-out.

SunRazer
Malgus doesn't have anything of substance in FE, especially feat-wise. The most is that he's inferrably more powerful than in Deceived, and the protags giving him praise after beating him.

Ursumeles
His ragdoll-feats were debunk't, weren't they? Still give him Force only.

SunRazer
Firstly, he only threw them back, he never ragdolled them. And secondly, if he could ragdoll them all, why would he lose to them?

Ursumeles
I surrender! Still thinks Malgus>Tano in Force, though.

SunRazer
Probably.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus

DarthDuelist9
Malgus's extremely violent application of the Force combined with his extremely physical fighting style will give him the win.

Beniboybling
An extremely convincing argument.

Tondemonai
Malgus in all, but sabers is an amazing fight, probably about 55%-65% chance of him winning it.

UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka.
Malgus.
Malgus.

Darth Truculent
Malgus

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Malgus doesn't have anything of substance in FE, especially feat-wise. The most is that he's inferrably more powerful than in Deceived, and the protags giving him praise after beating him.

Malgus' best feats are in FE, as expected.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
His ragdoll-feats were debunk't, weren't they? Still give him Force only.

No, they weren't. Sunrazer has consistently failed to debunk them despite trying a few times.

Firstly, he only threw them back, he never ragdolled them. And secondly, if he could ragdoll them all, why would he lose to them?

He couldn't ragdoll all of them.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, they weren't. Sunrazer has consistently failed to debunk them despite trying a few times.

A stubborn fuggot who can't speak coherently from all the dried cum in his throat not conceding =/= failing.

Ursumeles
Care to say me how good he was as FE?

Darth Truculent
Malgus defeated ven Zallow - a Jedi Master. Ahsoka quit the Jedi & joined the Alliance only to be stuck on Malachor. Malgus was also formally trained by the Sith species so all of his feats are still pretty much unknown to us

Ursumeles
Ahsoka>>Zallow smile

Kurk
What morals does Malgus have lol?

Anyway he takes all; stomping in force and taking all-out with mild difficulty. Sabers is the hardest and he takes it with moderate difficulty. Tano might be a tad faster but Malgus is much more durable and can take her hits whereas she can't.

Nephthys
Care to say me how good he was as FE?

He was able to bring the Empire Strike team (Wrath, Nox, Cipher + Champ) to it's knee's with lightning, as well as push back either the Republic or Empire Strike teams at the start of the battle with TK. During the battle he's able to telepathically fill the mind of one combatant with doubt (which considering how good some of them are against mental attacks is amazing) and ragdolls 3 of them at once while dueling the remaining one.

Malgus was considered one of Sidious' most powerful predecessors and he considered Malgus' battlefield feats to have never been equaled.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka.
Malgus.
Malgus. Ahsoka takes Force and Malgus takes sabers?

Nephthys
Malgus wins all rounds btw.

carthage
But Ahsoka tanked Sidious's lightning!

UCanShootMyNova
Switchoroo that.

Used to the Sabers, Force, All Out format.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Switchoroo that.

Used to the Sabers, Force, All Out format. kk

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
A stubborn fuggot who can't speak coherently from all the dried cum in his throat not conceding =/= failing. thumb up

On topic Ahsoka takes sabers, 50/50 on an all-out.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up

On topic Ahsoka takes sabers, 60/40 on an all-out.
Fixed

Nephthys
In favor of?

MS Warehouse
I'd give all 3 to Malgus.

Ursumeles
Ashoka. She doesn't stand an Chance in Force imo, though i still don't think that he could beat her in Sabers. If Malgus Saber-Skills grown only a half tier better, since Deceived could see him pulling it out 8-9/10. Had he Saber feats as FE?

MS Warehouse
Ashoka. She doesn't stand an Chance in Force imo, though i still don't think that he could beat her in Sabers. If Malgus Saber-Skills grown only a half tier better, since Deceived could see him pulling it out 8-9/10. Had he Saber feats as FE? Half a tier? He'll rage own her.

Ursumeles
Being comparable with Vader>beating Zallow. I could see Malgus winning thought, if he uses his force advantage, but that seems unlikely in most cases for me.

MS Warehouse
I'm not sure on what level Ahsoka can overpower him.

Beniboybling
She is fastur.

MS Warehouse
Being comparable with Vader>beating Zallow. I could see Malgus winning thought, if he uses his force advantage, but that seems unlikely in most cases for me.

Beating zallow and Kao Cen Darach. Being comparable to Vader doesn't mean anything unless you're saying Vader>Malgus.

Ursumeles
Vader>Malgus. He is one tier above him in Sabers, and nearly one in Force.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
unless you're saying Vader>Malgus. No shit beefy.

Ursumeles
Wait...you think that Malgus>Vader in Sabers?
Yeah, I am out.
And she also statlemated Maul.

cs_zoltan
He has a point tbh.

Windu isn't better than Aayla, unless you think Sidious > Aurra.

Nephthys

Ahsoka lost to Vader. It's not like Malgus couldn't have done as well as her in the same situation.

Beniboybling
Yeah, I am out. Smart man, wouldn't want to catch anything.

carthage
I'd imagine he would've done better tbh. She was getting beaten down by him and tossed off the side of the pyramid. He wouldnt've buckled under Vader's strength and he could've retaliated with lightning to break bladelocks etc.

Ursumeles
Ahsoka lost to Vader. It's not like Malgus couldn't have done as well as her in the same situation.
IMO Ashoka did nearly as well against Vader, as Tyrannus did against Anakin. That, and her statlemating Maul, is imo better than all what Malgus has done. I think you rate Zallow roughtly as high as Ashoka in Sabers, then?

Vader>Malgus.
Sorry. Now I'm out.

Zenwolf
Me thinks people gotta stop intertwining Canon n Legends..

Ursumeles
I think we can compare Canon-only, with Legends-only Characters.

Zenwolf
Not what I'm meaning. I'm meaning taking events or characters and trying to fit them in some bizarre way, when some events don't add up or the characters are completely different.

Nephthys
IMO Ashoka did nearly as well against Vader, as Tyrannus did against Anakin. That, and her statlemating Maul, is imo better than all what Malgus has done. I think you rate Zallow roughtly as high as Ashoka in Sabers, then?

Vader>Malgus.
Sorry. Now I'm out.

Fighting Vader isn't as impressive as fighting the TOR Strike Team. Malgus did way better against them then Ahsoka did against Vader.

I rate Zallow mainly in how I rate Deceived Malgus. Note that FE Malgus has like 15 years more growth than he did when he fought Zallow and at the end of Deceived he got a massive boost in power.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by carthage
I'd imagine he would've done better tbh. She was getting beaten down by him and tossed off the side of the pyramid. He wouldnt've buckled under Vader's strength and he could've retaliated with lightning to break bladelocks etc. ABC logic made even worse by assumption, lol.

Malgus might have handled Vader better in regards to strength and Force attacks, but no way would he have been running rings around him in the manner Ahsoka did. Ahsoka should be more fast and agile than Malgus by a fat margin considering he's slower than Leneer as of Decieved, whereas Ahsoka should be able to handle Malgus' strength fairly well considering how she managed Vader's.

Ursumeles
Could you say in which therad you're debate against SunRazer was? (The one of debunking(or not) his FE feats). I'll decide then.

MS Warehouse
No shit beefy. Good thing i asked since you have a habit of inserting your own personal hierarchy in the middle of a debate and then arguing based on said hierarchy. She is probably faster than malgus who is faster than vader.

Beniboybling
I prefer to call it stating the obvious, which tends to elude you.

But yeah Malgus killed those soldiers once really fast so I guess you are right.

TenebrousWay
Fighting Vader isn't as impressive as fighting the TOR Strike Team. Malgus did way better against them then Ahsoka did against Vader.

I rate Zallow mainly in how I rate Deceived Malgus. Note that FE Malgus has like 15 years more growth than he did when he fought Zallow and at the end of Deceived he got a massive boost in power.

Malgus fighting the TOR strike team is terribly inconclusive since:

1- He did die.
2- Most people, including Vader and Ahsoka, would die too if they were to face the strike team.

Ursumeles
LOL. I brought my hierachy up, not Beni. He just said that Tano is faster. Nothing more.

Nephthys
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Malgus fighting the TOR strike team is terribly inconclusive since:

1- He did die.
2- Most people, including Vader and Ahsoka, would die too if they were to face the strike team.

Yeah, but Malgus still did incredibly well. Far better than Ahsoka could possibly do.

Beniboybling
Considering Darth Soverus' performance in SOR, I beg to differ. smile

MS Warehouse
I prefer to call it stating the obvious, which tends to elude you.

But yeah Malgus killed those soldiers once really fast so I guess you are right. oh the irony laughing out loud

I guess you got sick of losing debates, what with your amusing attempts to pass things off as facts. Never change beni thumb up

Beniboybling
Damn, you got me. Sick burn man.

Ursumeles
Damn, you got me. Sick burn man.
I like you. Raping with such an sentence is hard, I suppose.

MS Warehouse
I like you. Raping with such an sentence is hard, I suppose.

thumb up
Some people know how to save face better than others.

Who did the strike team consist of canonically?

Ursumeles
thumb up
Some people know how to save face better than others.

Thanks. I think its clear, but just to point it out, that was Black Humor. Though Beni seems symphatic, and he beat you pretty easily, imo.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Nephthys
It isn't canon which team fought Malgus, but it's fairly apparent that it was the 4 man team of either faction:

HoT, Barsen'thor, Smuggler, Trooper.

or

Wrath, Nox, Cipher 9, Champ.

Solar Power
Could you say in which therad you're debate against SunRazer was? (The one of debunking(or not) his FE feats). I'll decide then.

Hi, I don't know which thread had the Sunrazer vs Neph Malgus debunking, but ILS has debunked the FE Malgus feats on comicvine with some pretty sound logic in this thread if you want to give it a read:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/darth-bane-vs-false-emperor-strike-team-1816628/

MS Warehouse
It isn't canon which team fought Malgus, but it's fairly apparent that it was the 4 man team of either faction:

HoT, Barsen'thor, Smuggler, Trooper.

or

Wrath, Nox, Cipher 9, Champ.

My point was that Malgus was quite impressive in the showing regardless of the combo.

TenebrousWay
Yeah, but Malgus still did incredibly well. Far better than Ahsoka could possibly do.

Conjecture. She'd lose, yes, but I fail to see where Malgus hold a distinctive edge over her, excluding force powers.

In the end, Malgus should be her superior, yes, since, following Sidious accolades, Malgus apparently had the "right mentality" for a warrior, which certainly means Malgus had an unusual capacity to channel his powers for battle related purposes. But I fail to see any kind of overwhelming superiority.

Anyway, I did some (correct) calculations and Malgus' feat of holding a support freighter/dropship in a tk holding with it's engine at full power and is far more impressive than I gave him credit for before. So, I'll probably need to raise his tier in my list anyway. :P

DarthAnt66
That moment when Beni is being condescending and sarcastic despite being voted the most hated member on KMC and literally being inferior to everyone (he only has basic animal rights), Neph included. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Solar Power
Hi, I don't know which thread had the Sunrazer vs Neph Malgus debunking, but ILS has debunked the FE Malgus feats on comicvine with some pretty sound logic in this thread if you want to give it a read:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/darth-bane-vs-false-emperor-strike-team-1816628/ Nice. thumb up

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That moment when Beni is being condescending and sarcastic despite being voted the most hated member on KMC and literally being inferior to everyone (he only has basic animal rights), Neph included. laughing out loud

There's nothing to hate on beni for. If you're condescending and win debates (like Nai), that's fine. If you're condescending and you lose debates, then you're just a sideshow. But lets not turn this into a pissing match.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Solar Power
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/darth-bane-vs-false-emperor-strike-team-1816628/

Thanks smile The first post of ILS alone is pretty badass. But I will tommorow search after the debate, as I wanna see Neph's arguments.

Nephthys
Conjecture. She'd lose, yes, but I fail to see where Malgus hold a distinctive edge over her, excluding force powers.

In the end, Malgus should be her superior, yes, since, following Sidious accolades, Malgus apparently had the "right mentality" for a warrior, which certainly means Malgus had an unusual capacity to channel his powers for battle related purposes. But I fail to see any kind of overwhelming superiority.

Anyway, I did some (correct) calculations and Malgus' feat of holding a support freighter/dropship in a tk holding with it's engine at full power and is far more impressive than I gave credit for before. So, I'll probably need to raise his tier in my list anyway. :P

You can't really say excluding Force powers because with his force feats he'd beat the crap out of her and it's his force powers that allowed him to perform so well in the fight.

Well personally I think that if Malgus can choke out Wrath, Nox, Thor or possibly even the HoT he could do the same to Ahsoka. Also I highly doubt that Ahsoka could fight 4 opponents of that caliber for any significant stretch of time.

thumb up That feat is legit. He was far from being as powerful as he was in the False Emperor fight as well.

DarthAnt66
There's nothing to hate on beni for.
no

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That moment when Beni is being condescending and sarcastic despite being voted the most hated member on KMC and literally being inferior to everyone (even regards issues considering civil rights, liberties, etc.), Neph included. That moment when Ant realises his shitty attempts to get at me, have no effect other than passing amusement. smile

cs_zoltan
Considering Darth Soverus' performance in SOR, I beg to differ. smile

He's a pussy. He only ragdolled the Rep protags on a DS nexus.

Jensyn on the other hand did the same with the Imp protags on the DS nexus.

DarthAnt66
That moment when Ant realises his shitty attempts to get at me, have no effect other than passing amusement. smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcbPP5eeRU0&t=9m30s

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
He's a pussy. He only ragdolled the Rep protags on a DS nexus.

Jensyn on the other hand did the same with the Imp protags on the DS nexus. I don't know about that man, but to put an end to the debate I've made a relevant thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=632266

MS Warehouse
I miss the days when you can force bomb bosses into a shaft sad

Also, Soverus was easy compared to Malgus, as far as flashpoints go.

TenebrousWay
You can't really say excluding Force powers because with his force feats he'd beat the crap out of her and it's his force powers that allowed him to perform so well in the fight.

Well personally I think that if Malgus can choke out Wrath, Nox, Thor or possibly even the HoT he could do the same to Ahsoka. Also I highly doubt that Ahsoka could fight 4 opponents of that caliber for any significant stretch of time.

thumb up That feat is legit. He was far from being as powerful as he was in the False Emperor fight as well.

The counter to choking the protags as a relevant feat is the fact if he could do it at will, he'd have won that battle but since he lost, his force edge wasn't decisive. But yes, it does show, albeit in an abstract way, that he's powerful, but that is kinda obvious already.

His feat is equivalent as if he could sustain 10k-15k tons of matter with tk against 1G gravity, in a very (I'd say extremely, since I used all the lowest numbers for my variables) conservative estimate. I'll need to do some calculations on Vader's cathedral feat, because this feat has the potential to surpass that.

SunRazer

Certainly less people believe in it now, lol. But if you still have a case, let's hear it.

Oh, please. He has the guys of substance in helpless Choke-holds, but decides to play tag with the last guy (and fails) instead of plunging his saber into their hapless bodies?

Not to mention that if you come in with three people, he only Chokes two, and if you come in with two people, he only Chokes one. Seems like the number of enemies he can Choke is equal to the number of enemies he's fighting minus one. In which case, it's zero here laughing out loud

carthage
He doesn't need the FE mechanics to kill Ahsoka with the force.

Beniboybling
He needs feats yeah.

Nephthys
The counter to choking the protags as a relevant feat is the fact if he could do it at will, he'd have won that battle but since he lost, his force edge wasn't decisive. But yes, it does show, albeit in an abstract way, that he's powerful, but that is kinda obvious already.

His feat is equivalent as if he could sustain 10k-15k tons of matter with tk against 1G gravity, in a very (I'd say extremely, since I used all the lowest numbers for my variables) conservative estimate. I'll need to do some calculations on Vader's cathedral feat, because this feat has the potential to surpass that.

While it wasn't decisive over the entire team, and I've never claimed it to be so, it still stands as an example of him having a decisive edge over the individual members of that team. It doesn't merely show that he's powerful, it shows that he's powerful enough to ragdoll the Barsen'thor who was crumpling massive blast doors far from her prime, or Nox who is empowered by 5 force ghosts and clowned Thanaton, or the Wrath who defeated a dark side god and several Dark Council members.

Cool.

Certainly less people believe in it now, lol. But if you still have a case, let's hear it.

You've already heard it. It's a scripted event that the developers intended to happen in the fight and as such is not merely a gameplay mechanic. The games narration says that it occurs.

Oh, please. He has the guys of substance in helpless Choke-holds, but decides to play tag with the last guy (and fails) instead of plunging his saber into their hapless bodies?

Not to mention that if you come in with three people, he only Chokes two, and if you come in with two people, he only Chokes one. Seems like the number of enemies he can Choke is equal to the number of enemies he's fighting minus one. In which case, it's zero here laughing out loud

There's no indication he had the "guys of substance" in force chokes and I doubt he would have chosen to do anything. The remaining member was merely good enough that Malgus couldn't have finished off the held ones and was forced to fight them instead of doing that.

That much is a gameplay mechanic. But the fact remains that he can perform the feat at it's best capacity, so we can accept the feat at that point. Besides, I think that it is canon that the Republic or Empire sent teams of their greatest champions to stop him.

carthage
He needs feats yeah.

Like Ahsoka needs feats suggesting she doesn't immediately get downed by his lightning?

Nephthys
It is hypocritical to suggest that Malgus needs better feats than those he already has when Ahsoka has almost none of her own to suggest she can compete in the Force.

MS Warehouse
It is hypocritical to suggest that Malgus needs better feats than those he already has when Ahsoka has almost none of her own to suggest she can compete in the Force.

http://i.imgur.com/yMaGo.gif

Beniboybling
I don't think anyone disagrees that Ahsoka would lose a Force contest, but no, Malgus has no feats that suggest he can down a Force user of Ahsoka's calibre immediately with his lighting, lmao.

AncientPower
Given Aryn Leneer was f*cked against Malgus' lightning, I'm not seeing how Tano does much better.

Beniboybling
By being much better in every conceivable way. smile

Ursumeles
Nah, not sure if Tana>Aryn in the Force, but she is atleast comparable. But Tano is skilled enough, to press Malgus so hard, that he propably can't use strong Lightning so easily. She also could dodge it.

MS Warehouse
By being much better in every conceivable way. smile There is nothing to remotely indicate ahsoka can block Malgus' lightning on any level.

By being much better in every conceivable way. smile

Oh well then since you proved it so eloquently we should just take your word for it. After all, it's not like you'll continue inputting your personal hierarchy mid debate after being repeatedly out for it.thumb up

Beniboybling
Nah, not sure if Tana>Aryn in the Force, but she is atleast comparable. But Tano is skilled enough, to press Malgus so hard, that he propably can't use strong Lightning so easily. She also could dodge it. Based on? Her telekinetic feats and impressive, but Ahsoka being vastly more powerful than Kanan, who could suspend giant catwalks and stop a "mountain" of rubble and meter-wide stalactites, strikes me as more impressive. Especially within the contexts of Deceived, where fodder are blowing apart statues and collapsing buildings.

On the other hand Tano's ability relative to other Force sensitives, i.e. knocking Maul on his ass in her teens, and challenging both him and Vader on a dark side hotspot in her prime strike me as much more impressive display of overall strength.

But yeah, Ahsoka is a much faster, agile and skilled combatant to boot.

SunRazer
When did she knock Maul on his ass as a teen?

MS Warehouse
When trying to downplay a character, always call his opponents fodder thumb up

Beniboybling
Nameless Jedi and Sith that get blitzed by anyone with a name, and that includes Jace Malcolm, are fodder yeah.

Nephthys
Wouldn't fodder in the context of Deceived performing similar feats to Kanan just suggest that Ahsoka is merely on par with Deceived Malgus/Aryn?

Suggesting FE Malgus would indeed own her?

MS Warehouse
Remind me who ahsoka faced on the level of malgus/vader with force lightning power enough to kill on impact? I'll take malgus' impressive victory over zallow and kao over anything ahsoka has done.

Ursumeles
Still not sure what is so impressive about Kao :/
I can understand that you see him above Ashoka, because he won against Zallow, but what makes Winning over Kao better than Competing with Vader?

MS Warehouse
Still not sure what is so impressive about Kao :/
I can understand that you see him above Ashoka, because he won against Zallow, but what makes Winning over Kao better than Competing with Vader? The fact that kao was keeping malgus and vindican at bay singlehandedly. Add zallow in the mix and competing with vader doesn't mean much. Octogenarian obi wan was able to "compete" with vader.

SunRazer
Octogenerian, lmfao. He wasn't even 60.

TenebrousWay
The fact that kao was keeping malgus and vindican at bay singlehandedly. Add zallow in the mix and competing with vader doesn't mean much. Octogenarian obi wan was able to "compete" with vader.

And later he was fooderized by Malgus solo. Kao's showing is inconsistent as hell.

If he could genuinely fight the sith duo, there's no way his performance would suffer such dramatic degradadion vs Malgus just because he got tired.

SunRazer
Malgus seemed enraged, too.

Ursumeles
What was Vindician? One of the Empires best? The Sith whom Zallow fodderized were as well, kek.

MS Warehouse
Yea malgus got enraged. It appears he fights better by himself. His lightsaber skills appear superior to vader's, as well as his insane force lightning.

And i was obviously making fun of obiwan. Thanks for establishing that he was 60 and fought like he was 100.

SunRazer
70's film tech, lmfao. The comic and novel versions have them fighting superhumanly fast, as should be.

TenebrousWay
Malgus seemed enraged, too.

Possibly.

Might be also just inconsistence.

MS Warehouse
70's film tech, lmfao. The comic and novel versions have them fighting superhumanly fast, as should be. I'd like to see a source saying a terminator and a Metamucil spokesman were fighting superhumanly fast. Also, looks like disney employed that 70s technology during both lightsaber fights in tfa.

Beniboybling
Wouldn't fodder in the context of Deceived performing similar feats to Kanan just suggest that Ahsoka is merely on par with Deceived Malgus/Aryn?

Suggesting FE Malgus would indeed own her? Leneer isn't on the same level as Deceived Malgus, that's why she lost. erm

Regardless you're confusing my point, my point was that within the contexts of the Deceived novel Leneer's feats to not do much to establish her in a holistic standing. Kanan's Canon showing exists in entirely different contexts, and relatively speaking is actually quite impressive.

On the other hand if we take both feats simply at face value, no, I don't really see the party between smashing statues and collapsing burnt-out buildings, to holding up tonnes of rubble (having not touched the Force in a decade and without evidence of strain.) Nor did Leneer (or Malgus) demonstrate as much superiority over the named individuals that Ahsoka has to Kanan, who realistically should be able to one-shot Kanan considering she did so to the even stronger Fifth Brother.Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Remind me who ahsoka faced on the level of malgus/vader with force lightning power enough to kill on impact? I'll take malgus' impressive victory over zallow and kao over anything ahsoka has done. Force lighting "power enough" to kill on impact? Is that supposed to be impressive? Lol.

Remind me what proof there is that Malgus' lightning can overwhelm Ahsoka, because so far you've come up empty.

As for Zallow, he has nothing to substantiate himself bar dispatching fodder, and Malgus' victory over Darach came at the hands of himself and Vindican combined, fighting aggressively despite being outnumbered 2 to 1 evidently leaving him exhausted.

SunRazer
I'd like to see a source saying a terminator and a Metamucil spokesman were fighting superhumanly fast. Also, looks like disney employed that 70s technology during both lightsaber fights in tfa.

Guess you've never read the novel?

Zenwolf
70's film tech, lmfao. The comic and novel versions have them fighting superhumanly fast, as should be.

The script does too.

SunRazer
Yeah, probably the most convincing source. They just couldn't translate it to the screen.

MS Warehouse
I've come up about as empty as you proving ahsoka can block lightning of malgus' caliber laughing out loud
But i don't need to prove he can hit her since he's hit and killed pretty much everything he attempted. Nothing suggests ahsoka can block anything like that. I'll wait for proof but something tells me you'll try the last resort tactic of shifting the burden.

Also, way to misjudge the fight over korriban thumb up

MS Warehouse
Yeah, probably the most convincing source. They just couldn't translate it to the screen.

Its been decades. And i genuinely follow the g canon version over the c canon. Just to confirm, you're talking about anh or tfa? I'd be interested to see if both have an excuse for some shitty swordsplay.

TenebrousWay
I've come up about as empty as you proving ahsoka can block lightning of malgus' caliber laughing out loud
But i don't need to prove he can hit her since he's hit and killed pretty much everything he attempted. Nothing suggests ahsoka can block anything like that. I'll wait for proof but something tells me you'll try the last resort tactic of shifting the burden.

Also, way to misjudge the fight over korriban thumb up

Why? Ahsoka is obviously better than Leener, who was enraged and fighting a Malgus that felt sympathy for her loss. If you read Deceived you'll see in their last battle Malgus subdued her with "casual(it's the exact word used in the novel)" effort with his lightning.

Beniboybling

Also, way to misjudge the fight over korriban thumb up Nice, a no-limits fallacy, can it hit and kill Sidious too? Regardless you're wrong, it was capably absorbed by Leneer in their opening bout, only when empowered by the thought of his waifu did he power through her defences. And in FE he failed to kill anyone. laughing out loud

And thanks, I accept your concession.

MS Warehouse
Why? Ahsoka is obviously better than Leener, who was enraged and fighting a Malgus that felt sympathy for her loss. If you read Deceived you'll see in their last battle Malgus subdued her with "casual(it's the exact word used in the novel)" effort with his lightning. Which proves my point. If he was able to do that, what would an enraged and even more powerful to do to someone that's probably more powerful than leneer?

Zenwolf
Me thinks Leneer is being a tad bit underrated, she is a pretty good JK.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/thevivas/blog/aryn-leneer-respect-thread/102422/

MS Warehouse
Nice, a no-limits fallacy, can it hit and kill Sidious too? Regardless your wrong, it was capably absorbed by Leneer in their opening bout, it was when empowered by the thought of his waifu that he was able to power through her defences. And in FE he failed to kill anyone. laughing out loud

And thanks, I accept your concession.

See above. The fact that you have to include gibberish and constantly insert your own hierarchy implies you conceded a while back and are just trying to save face. I'm replying to you only out of pity for your lack of self awareness in defeat. Looks like I'm 2 for 2 with you laughing out loud

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Me thinks Leneer is being a tad bit underrated, she is a pretty good JK.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/thevivas/blog/aryn-leneer-respect-thread/102422/

A little but a huge amount of rationalization is needed when you're on the losing side.

TenebrousWay
Which proves my point. If he was able to do that, what would an enraged and even more powerful to do to someone that's probably more powerful than leneer?

? The logically correct answer to that would be "inconclusive".

Using common sense, the idea that FE Malgus is stomping Ahsoka is ridiculous.

MS Warehouse
? The logically correct answer to that would be "inconclusive".

Using common sense, the idea that FE Malgus is stomping Ahsoka is ridiculous. Who said stomping? Using common sense, the only logical thing to conclude is that Malgus would win. If you want to argue levels of victory, we can do that later.

Also, i wouldn't deem it inconclusive. A far less powerful malgus went easy on leneer. A far more powerful, enraged malgus shouldn't have much difficulty defeating someone who may be more powerful than leneer by a certain degree.

TenebrousWay
Who said stomping? Using common sense, the only logical thing to conclude is that Malgus would win. If you want to argue levels of victory, we can do that later.

Also, i wouldn't deem it inconclusive. A far less powerful malgus went easy on leneer. A far more powerful, enraged malgus shouldn't have much difficulty defeating someone who may be more powerful than leneer by a certain degree.

It's inconclusive because we don't know how more powerful Ahsoka is than Aryn. Ahsoka should be close there with prime Vader in skills - which is far better than Aryn.

MS Warehouse
It's inconclusive because we don't know how more powerful Ahsoka is than Aryn. Ahsoka should be close there with prime Vader in skills - which is far better than Aryn. If that's your stance then would you consider malgus and vader near equals? If so, wouldn't Malgus be vader with deadly force lightning?

SunRazer
Its been decades. And i genuinely follow the g canon version over the c canon. Just to confirm, you're talking about anh or tfa? I'd be interested to see if both have an excuse for some shitty swordsplay.

G-canon and C-canon are gone. There's only canon and non-canon now.

ANH fights were indeed depicted to be much faster in the comic, novel and script, which makes it blindingly obvious that it's only the limitations of film technology that make them fight "slow". And G-canon would be how Lucas wanted it to be, which would be Ben fighting at amazing speeds.

TFA, I believe, was because Rey and Kylo weren't as well-trained as other Jedi we've seen.

TenebrousWay
If that's your stance then would you consider malgus and vader near equals? If so, wouldn't Malgus be vader with deadly force lightning?

Yes, I have Malgus and Vader close to each other mainly due to the fact Vader used Malgus' journal as an inspiration, which suggests Malgus' feats aren't trivial for Vader, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Vader to try to inspire himself reading about feats that he could easily replicate. Plus, the tons of accolades from Sidious, who's extremely methodical and critical.

Deadly force lightning that Ahsoka is going to deflect? The probability Malgus is going to down someone so close to himself with lightning is very slim and supported by his performance vs the strike team.

Beniboybling
See above. The fact that you have to include gibberish and constantly insert your own hierarchy implies you conceded a while back and are just trying to save face. I'm replying to you only out of pity for your lack of self awareness in defeat. Looks like I'm 2 for 2 with you laughing out loud Uh-huh. Nothing substantiates Leneer as even close to Ahsoka's level aside from assumptions about Malgus' abilities which the onus is you to prove, so a pretty shitty argument all in all.

As for you starting a tally, I'm flattered by your investment, but not sure what other debate it is you think you've won. mmm

Beniboybling
Yes, I have Malgus and Vader close to each other mainly due to the fact Vader used Malgus' journal as an inspiration, which suggests Malgus' feats aren't trivial for Vader, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Vader to try to inspire himself reading about feats that he could easily replicate. Plus, the tons of accolades from Sidious, who's extremely methodical and critical.

Deadly force lightning that Ahsoka is going to deflect? The probability Malgus is going to down someone so close to himself with lightning is very slim and supported by his performance vs the strike team. Just to point out that Vader was given that journal not long after the Clone Wars, when he was far from his prime, and has no bearing on Canon Vader regardless.

TenebrousWay
Just to point out that Vader was given that journal not long after the Clone Wars, when he was far from his prime, and has no bearing on Canon Vader regardless.

I know and you are correct. I was just clarifying my position on Malgus' power. Being choosen by Sidious as the exemplary warrior, amidst thousands or hundreds of thousands of documented force sensitives in a 3,600 years span should support his position as a dangerous threat to Vader. There are still several others from much less illustrious individuals.

Fated Xtasy
Uh-huh. Nothing substantiates Leneer as even close to Ahsoka's level aside from assumptions about Malgus' abilities which the onus is you to prove, so a pretty shitty argument all in all.

As for you starting a tally, I'm flattered by your investment, but not sure what other debate it is you think you've won. mmm

The one in his head, obvie, puddin!

MS Warehouse
Uhuh, you'll have to prove Ahsoka is miles ahead of Leneer, other than repeating it and hoping it's true. Then if you can prove that, you can go ahead and prove that Ahsoka has the defensive capabilities to withstand Malgus' lightning barrage and force rage. I look forward to you shifting the burden of proof once again thumb up

Being able to compete with Vader doesn't mean she can beat Vader though (although you know that obviously). She can "compete" with Vader for a few minutes before she eventually gets destroyed. The same goes with someone like Malgus. The only difference is, he does have his lightning barrage that Ahsoka has not proven she will be able to withstand.

I know G-Canon and all that is gone. But ANH movie and novels came out over 30 years ago, and they fit into G-Canon and C-Canon (my point was the G canon movie overrides whatever the novel said), unless there are new or updated quotes from ANH that allows disney to override any and all canon. So I'm not sure what you're saying here. ALso, where does Lucas state he wanted the fight as you say?

Finally, what do you mean Kylo isn't well trained? Isn't he a powerful dark jedi that was responsible for annihilating Luke's Jedi Academy? I also have a problem with the discrepancy in fighting styles over every movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.