Halftime Shows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I know it's a bit early, but halftime shows at the Super Bowl have been shitty for the past 10+ years. Virtually nothing but hip-hop and I'm tired of it. There needs to be a change in music for a bit. Who would you start with? This year I would have Lindsey Stirling play the entire show. For those of you who don't know who Lindsey Stirling is, enjoy:
https://youtu.be/jvipPYFebWc

Nuke Nixon
That's not a bad idea on the other hand, a violin band in a major league stadium... not the best plan.

No, we gotta have the big 4 play the halftime show, Metallica - Megadeth - Slayer - Anthrax, and it's gotta be a 2 hour halftime show... maybe a 10 minute Super Bowl highlight reel and then a 4 hour show!!

Darth Truculent
Now that sounds like an idea. In the 90s (the last good decade for music) grunge and rock were the dominate genres. Rock music is heavily played at UFC fights so it should be brought back into the halftime show.

As a side note, I saw Lindsey play last year in San Fran. By far she is in the top 5 best concerts I've been to and I'm into hardcore punk starting with the Ramones. You name the song and that girl does some badass and I mean badass covers:
https://youtu.be/5VzprYCxPBQ

Nuke Nixon
I can dig it, I also like Ashley MacIsaac in that genre.

Scribble
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Now that sounds like an idea. In the 90s (the last good decade for music) grunge and rock were the dominate genres. Rock music is heavily played at UFC fights so it should be brought back into the halftime show.

As a side note, I saw Lindsey play last year in San Fran. By far she is in the top 5 best concerts I've been to and I'm into hardcore punk starting with the Ramones. You name the song and that girl does some badass and I mean badass covers:
https://youtu.be/5VzprYCxPBQ What other hardcore punk do you like/have you seen live?

I nominate a Minor Threat revival for the halftime show. You know, aside from the inherent contradictions in that idea...

Darth Truculent
Good choice - my favorite female vocalist in the 90s and please don't judge - Courtney Love

Other punk: GBH, Agnostic Front, Dropkick Murphys, Bad Brains, Rancid, Articles of Faith, Bad Religion, Naked Raygun, Tutu and the Pirates

Nuke Nixon
Aw dude noice, Doll Parts is schway.

Scribble
She's a great vocalist and pretty good songwriter to boot, but by damn she's an awful human being for the most part.

Darth Truculent
This younger generation wouldn't know good music if it reached out and slapped them in the face

Nuke Nixon
Go to a punk show and that's 125% likely to happen.

riv6672
The last good act at halftime was Katy Perry. It was actually fun.

What killed halftime shows was the Janet Jackson nipple slip at SB XXXVIII back in '04.
They've been playing it safe ever since.

Darth Truculent
riv6672, I was talked into seeing Katy Perry and it was the worst concert I ever went to. Far worse than the prank my parents pulled on me when I turned 18 by taking me to the Village People

Ax3l
my favorite one was where justin timberlake killed janet jackson live on air

riv6672
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
riv6672, I was talked into seeing Katy Perry and it was the worst concert I ever went to. Far worse than the prank my parents pulled on me when I turned 18 by taking me to the Village People
The Village People?!? eek!

Darth Truculent
Embarassing right? . . . how about a show where Lindsey and The Dirty Heads on the same stage? I think that would kick ass.

*Speaking of Lindsey I got tickets to her show on Friday in San Liaus

riv6672
Not a concert, but my kid won and gave me tickets to see Gabriel Iglesias this weekend. Just need to take a road trip!

riv6672
Guess it might could be GaGa.

https://www.google.com/amp/pitchfork.com/news/68359-lady-gaga-to-perform-at-2017-super-bowl-halftime-show/amp/?client=safari

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.