Plagueis's Musings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
Just a random thought that drifted through my head.

So recently we had that conversation about Yoda's TK. The conclusion was that regardless of what Yoda's capabilities were beforehand by the time of RotS he's reached the level of being a near match for Sidious and being able to manipulate CIS transports.

I'm curious though as to your opinions of Yoda's power pre TPM. Plagueis mused he could defeat any Jedi in the Order. Many of us ( including myself before not too long ago ) thought this was discounting Yoda or that it was simply Plagueis's pride.

But if we look at Yoda's commentary on only being able to lift a few of the multiple stones as valid and that he vastly increased his power during the Clone Wars should we then take Plagueis's musings that he could defeat any Jedi in the Order at that time as valid?

Thoughts?

Ursumeles
I could see Plagueis~TPM Yoda
Maybe Yoda just lowballed himself, imo his growing in the Force was mainly an mentally one, so his and his self-confidence has grown. Why he did act very self-confident in his fight against Tyrannus, would be because he knows him very good and had to protect Anakin and Obi-Wan.
Most likely, tho, is imo, that his force abilities were rusty at this point, so would also be explained, why Dooku was not straight-out ragdolled.

darthbane77
Plagueis musings could be attributed just as much to Sith arrogance as to his actual skill/power or Yoda's supposed lack thereof. I don't see Plagueis defeating somebody that ROTS Sidious barely come out on top of. Though Plagueis would definitely provide a good challenge for Yoda.

JKBart
Plagueis isn't omniscient, he can't gauge Yoda with maximum precision especially since he never met him.

Nephthys
Well we saw that even Sidious underestimated Yoda. It could just be arrogance coupled with Yoda's eons of inactivity.

Beniboybling
Plagueis > Yoda > Vitiate or something, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.