Hal/Kyle vs Blue Marvel/Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Is the Lanterns winning this or the physical bricks? No bfr.

zopzop
Elite Bricks tear through Lantern constructs like tissue paper. BM/Hype win.

Zack M
Kyle is in another league, compared to the rest here.

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
Seems right.

Zack M
How are BM or KH going to stop Alpha Lantern?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Zack M
Kyle is in another league, compared to the rest here.

Unless this is GL Kyle the Lanterns aren't losing. it's what Zack said. Kyle honestly solos.

carver9
This is GL Lanterns. I don't use amp Heralds against normal Heralds. That's Zack thing.

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
This is GL Lanterns. I don't use amp Heralds against normal Heralds. That's Zack thing. with that having been said, team marvel wins handily.

Zack M
Hal summons Nekron. Game over.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
with that having been said, team marvel wins handily.

Pretty much.

riv6672
This is GL Lanterns. I don't use amp Heralds against normal Heralds...
I figured as much; you usually specify.

BM/H FTW, like i said.

Zack M
GL's are too versatile. Team green, ftw.

deathslash
GL's are too versatile. Team green, ftw. Tell me when their shield count for something. Also DC and lanterns in general have trouble with antimatter and last time I checked, one of the characters in this fight is made out of that shit. And with this, you're broken. Good bye

krisblaze
Originally posted by zopzop

Yeah why is this?

GL shields are such absolute shit.

Zack M
Tell me when their shield count for something. Also DC and lanterns in general have trouble with antimatter and last time I checked, one of the characters in this fight is made out of that shit. And with this, you're broken. Good bye

Kyle imprisoned the Crime Syndicate for hours.

riv6672
So at first they (Kyle/Hal) were too powerful, then too versatile, now great containers? Methinks i smell a rat! wink

leonidas
hmm, surprised at opinions so far. y'all sound like hal gets one-shotted by bricks all the time or something.....if this is a feat comparison the lanterns basically crush team marvel. their shields definitely have some poor showings, but they also have some pretty crazy highs. hal himself has beaten guys like kalibak and mongul (both I and II). his high feats by himself are pretty ridiculous and i'm not even talking about one shotting krona. his energy conversion feats are crazy, shields have protected against supernovas, black holes, being hit through planets, moon smashing shots, etc... i won't even get into his exotic feats. even simple feats like going invisible, intangible and creating powerful dupes of himself are pretty basic given some of his feats.

and kyle has feats as good or BETTER.

can marvel win? sure. if i had to wager on 1 fight though, taking all showings into account, there is no question i'd take the lanterns in this. in a bz format marvel would get obliterated under the weight of the feat disparity. you have to really be focusing on the lanterns' low feats to think they can't win this. given that hal alone has 60yrs of history to call on, the onus is on marvel to prove they can even compete in this thing. /shrug

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, surprised at opinions so far. y'all sound like hal gets one-shotted by bricks all the time or something.....if this is a feat comparison the lanterns basically crush team marvel. their shields definitely have some poor showings, but they also have some pretty crazy highs. hal himself has beaten guys like kalibak and mongul (both I and II). his high feats by himself are pretty ridiculous and i'm not even talking about one shotting krona. his energy conversion feats are crazy, shields have protected against supernovas, black holes, being hit through planets, moon smashing shots, etc... i won't even get into his exotic feats. even simple feats like going invisible, intangible and creating powerful dupes of himself are pretty basic given some of his feats.

can marvel win? sure. if i had to wager on 1 fight though, taking all showings into account, there is no question i'd take the lanterns in this. in a bz format marvel would get obliterated under the weight of the feat disparity. you have to really be focusing on the lanterns' low feats to think they can't win this. given that hal alone has 60yrs of history to call on, the onus is on marvel to prove they can even compete in this thing. /shrug

thumb up

krisblaze

Blue Marvel would ****ing kill Kalibak.

leonidas
depends on which version of kalibak. some he would kill, others have fought evenly vs superman, and his club has been shown to be very powerful at times, and other times, not so much.....

abhilegend
Tell me when their shield count for something. Also DC and lanterns in general have trouble with antimatter and last time I checked, one of the characters in this fight is made out of that shit. And with this, you're broken. Good bye
laughing out loud

One of their main enemies are Qwadrians of the anti matter universe. Kilowog's ring protected him from ****ing COIE anti matter wall. John's auto shields protected him from an anti matter planet causing a supernova.

But Blue marvel is going to beat him because he has many showings of anti matter.

Right.

krisblaze
depends on which version of kalibak. some he would kill, others have fought evenly vs superman, and his club has been shown to be very powerful at times, and other times, not so much.....
The version Hal beat.

If anything I'd say that Hal has struggled exceptionally against Bricks.

leonidas
hard to say where the version that faced hal was at, since he only faced hal. kalibak is generally quite powerful though--usually roughly in orion's class. mid tier cl100 even in his lower showings i'd say, and high cl100 in his better ones. his fights against the monguls are more telling, as mongul I was in superman's weight class for sure. it can be argued that these 2 lanterns have maybe the best overall versatility in the herald tier, and have the feats to back that up. if they are allowed to kill in this type of match, they would be more than capable of doing so. like i said, marvel can def win this. dc won't sweep. but in a 1 match battle? gimme the lanterns.

Supermex
This is GL Lanterns. I don't use amp Heralds against normal Heralds. That's Zack thing.

lmao !

Zack M
Current Hal has Krona's gauntlet and is a being of pure will power. He went toe to toe against Parallax, for crying out loud. Hal destroys either 2.

deathslash
Current Hal has Krona's gauntlet and is a being of pure will power. He went toe to toe against Parallax, for crying out loud. Hal destroys either 2. *ignores carver's post stating that both contestants are using their normal GL rings*

*pretends that he doesn't see supermex commenting on carver's post about them using normal GL rings*

*posts about hal using a super powerful gauntlet that isn't a GL ring*

*about to ignore my post and show scans of hal using krona's gauntlet*

Zack M
Even without the Gauntlet, Hal is still a being of pure energy now. He's still a step above the rest.

deathslash
Even without the Gauntlet, Hal is still a being of pure energy now. He's still a step above the rest. you're once again ignoring the portion of carver's post that says he wants them to be using their normal gear and normal powers. Do you really think he would want hal to be made out of energy in this fight?

Supermex
Zack whats wrong with a straight up fight?

No upgrades just normal classic powers?

Isnt more fair that way than trying to give a team an advantage from the get go when op already said normal powers..

Zack M
Oh, I thought it was current. shifty

iceman24567
More like you wish it were current

Zack M
Yeah, I guess you have to weaken team 1 to have a chance. stick out tongue

Stoic
Blue Marvel, and Hyperion rate at top end Cl 100. I'd even go as far as saying that they'd fit in that club with ease. There are some facts concerning these guys that I feel were left out though. First and foremost, they've shown the ability to actually reach those highs more times than not, at least when concerning Adam's displays of strength. Hal's been hit with Lobo's punches. They hurt. Bad, and they were even in Hal's element (a vacuum). The difference with Lobo, is that although he could use his bike to get around, he wouldn't be able to hit as hard as a true airborne character in space could, due to their ability to change momentum on demand.

BM and Hype hit extremely hard, especially Adam. For example, If he didn't defeat Pagan, it would've shown that he had lost, which instead should be concluded as one of the many tasks that he was called on to complete. Tasks like the simple pyramid lift, saving crew members, on a doomed carrier while picking it up, and flying away with it, punching Pagan out. Thor is the reason why people have such high disbelief, but Adam is likely stronger than Thor is according to his own tussle against Pagan. Pagan was simply one of the tasks that he completed, which was even included in an on panel series of tasks that he did complete. Or WTF are people saying? What? While saving the crew, he lost his grip on the vessel, and they all plummeted to their demise because we didn't see him safely lower it? C'mon WTF??? To ignore these facts, shows a certain amount of ignorance. Sooo good luck with that BTW.

Pagan was a team buster. At least to certain opponents (insert Kalibak if you'd like) which is pretty strong IMO. Pagan took out an entire team of Avengers that included the likes of the Scarlet Witch, and Thor as members while using brute force, toughness, and sort of mystical defense or chaos boost. Wonder Man went down like a fly against him, just like all of the rest except for Thor. However, Thor took some heavy damage in that exchange. Moving on, Adam is actually on Anti-Man's level but holds his power/strength in check.

He took lumps from Namor who is capable of making Thanos bleed, also when allowing King Hyperion to sneak him in the face when he could have gone in on the offensive to shut him down fast (that shouldn't happen again). My proof is when he gets up from a stunned state after KH attacks him. This may be long winded, but we actually see that he was capable of getting up after a short time, and giving KH exactly what he himself just received from him. Adam was trying to talk it out, so he sustained damage from the assault. Even Superman would have sustained bloody damage in that case, or situation. Why do I even have to explain this again???

If we're talking about punching power, he punched Sentry a distance, and kayoed him briefly... regardless of weakness. Which would mean that Bob was weak for the entire time that he was on Earth. Even so, he was still a serious heavy hitter (look at the Terrax incident). If anything, on average Adam takes lumps due to his passive nature, while packing a wallop when he decides to go on the offensive.

Sorry no scans, but KH says as a quote; "He claims that he had defeated, or destroyed other versions of Adam", which concludes in it being the exact same version from Exiles canon. Anyway, Team Marvel is packing. If Adam went in like Zod, he would have decimated King Hyperion in less than 4 strikes. Proof is all on panel. KH could not get up.

Earlier, Abhi seemed to allude to the idea that a character that has more canonized feats, should outweigh a character with a lesser amount of feats without representation. What do I mean, right? Percentages. The percentage of wins vs losses (due to whatever) are in my opinion just as important to consider. Adam can do all of the things that were shown on panel, so in other words let's not allow time to diminish feats that have yet to change. Adam is powerful, period. Now onto something new. Let's talk about the Kalibak case. I think that Pagan would beat the crap out of Kalibak. You see, in Kalbak's case, he has lows and highs (more lows, or his average, than high's.). There are also characters out there that would smoke Orion. Look at Hardcore Station and you'll see just one of many. So we really can't use him as a prime benchmark.

Anyway, Marvel can take this if they go in hot.

nwg202
GLs

deathslash
Originally posted by nwg202
GLs laughing laughing laughing

apex_pretador
Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.