Yuuzhan Vong vs Old Rep. & Separatists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
The powerful Vong empire vs the old republic of yoda's time and the separatists led by dooku

**the republic and CIS are NOT working together, but are NOT FIGHTING each other**

who would win the war? could the vong defeat 2 enemies at once?

** for arguments sake let's just say palpatine is only leading the republic and leaving dooku to fight the vong alone. this would not happen, but let's say it did.**

Nephthys
I really doubt the Vong stand much of a chance.

I'm fairly sure the Republic the Bong fought were inferior to the old one, not to mention the NJO being inferior to Yoda's just in terms of pure numbers.

Zenwolf
I'm sure as per numbers overall the New Republic weren't in that great of shape, as I recall they were still building up after the war prior.

JKBart
Yeah. I'm RP'ing in that setup right now.

New Republic was terribly weak. They had a great amount of wars going on, barely stabilized in the new system, and the Jedi Order was terribly small compared to Yoda's order, as Neph said. By Yoda's time, there were many hundreds of Jedi; by NJO, there were dozens. I even have a list of every named Jedi that lived at 26 ABY, lmao, and it's terrifyingly small compared to PT.

In PT, the clone army and Yoda's order would trump Yuuzhan Vongs given proper command. The military was many times better, the order many times larger. Adding in CIS - Vongs get crushed before they break into the Mid Rim.

The Ellimist
The New Republic's primary disadvantage was its criminal incompetence. The Old Republic is criminally incompetent as a political entity, but its military can act more independently and just ignore said incompetence.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, per sources they were 12,000 Jedi at the start of the Clone Wars, IIRC. According to Vector Prime, Luke's order only had 100 of them.

The_Tempest
TNR was extremely mismanaged and undermilitarized.
TOR and CIS are fielding the two largest armies in galactic history prior to the Empire. They are relatively far better managed and far more militarized and have 10k Jedi in the field.

They stomp, in all probability.

BazookaMaster
Originally posted by JKBart
Yeah. I'm RP'ing in that setup right now.

New Republic was terribly weak. They had a great amount of wars going on, barely stabilized in the new system, and the Jedi Order was terribly small compared to Yoda's order, as Neph said. By Yoda's time, there were many hundreds of Jedi; by NJO, there were dozens. I even have a list of every named Jedi that lived at 26 ABY, lmao, and it's terrifyingly small compared to PT.

In PT, the clone army and Yoda's order would trump Yuuzhan Vongs given proper command. The military was many times better, the order many times larger. Adding in CIS - Vongs get crushed before they break into the Mid Rim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.