Rate the Lantern Rings from Most to Least Powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
Exactly what the title says, rate these guys from most to least powerful :
Blue Lantern Ring
Green Lantern Ring
Red Lantern Ring
Yellow Lantern Ring
Violet Lantern Ring
Purple Lantern Ring

Orange is excluded for obvious reasons. Keep in mind, I'm not asking for a rating based on how well they'd do vs each other. I realize some colors are more effective vs others. I just want to get an idea of the overall power level and versatility of each ring.

The way I see it, from most to least :
Green/Yellow/Violet
Red/Purple

Blue

Galan007
On average, I'd say:
Green
Yellow
Red
Indigo
Star Sapphires
Blue

If Orange, Black, and White were included, they'd obviously top the list. Indigo can also be haxx at times, as it can mimic the other Corps' energies.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
On average, I'd say:
Green
Yellow
Red
Indigo
Star Sapphires
Blue

Wow, any reason why you placed the Star Sapphires so low? I was under the impression that they could do anything the Green and Yellow Rings could do.

Keep in mind, this is a ranking for the rings only. Not uber wielders like Hal or Kyle.

Galan007
I just can't recall consistent feats from the Sapphires that are on par with the Corps' I ranked higher.

But again, that's just my personal opinion. /shrug

TethAdamTheRock
White/Black
Orange
Green

Rest

abhilegend
I just can't recall consistent feats from the Sapphires that are on par with the Corps' I ranked higher.

But again, that's just my personal opinion. /shrug
A random sapphire has transmuted an entire planet down to every living cell.

Galan007
Hence why I used words like 'average' and 'consistent'. EVERY Corps in the spectrum has very high showings -- I doubt zop wants us to rank them based solely on those, however.

abhilegend
They have so few showings that we can take that as their average.

Galan007
They have more than enough showings for us to say that planet-level feats are NOT their average. It is, like all the other Corps have, just a very high-end feat.

I could probably buy the notion that Sapphires are > the Indigo Tribe on average. Feat-wise, however, I just don't see them in the same... 'light'(no pun intended) as the others. Again, on average.

You're welcome to disagree, though. My opinion is certainly not law. smile

abhilegend
Because Johns is not focused on space cheese. But they can and have planetary level showings before.

thumb up

golem370
Wouldn't be based on who is wearing it?

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Because Johns is not focused on space cheese. Depends which character(s) we're talking about... Because Johns has given a few of his 'pets' some seriously cheesey feats -- just look at Prime and Hal for example, lol.

But they can and have planetary level showings before.

thumb up Never said otherwise.

But again, ALL the Corps' have very high-end/haxx showings here and there. Doesn't mean that is their 'average', though... That's all I'm saying. smile

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
Wouldn't be based on who is wearing it? The ring's specific wielder plays a HUGE part.

Even someone like Batman can barely interface with a GL ring, for example.

abhilegend
What space cheese feats are there for Hal under Johns?

Like destroying a planet or shit like that.

Galan007
-Several of Prime's appearances under Johns fall under that category, imo -- tossing planets around the universe like baseballs, tanking anti-matter energy, surviving universal destruction at ground zero, etc.

-Hal one-shotting Krona amped by all the emotional entities, summoning/controlling/banishing Nekron like a personal slave, etc.

...But space-cheese is a very subjective term, so there's really no point arguing it or w/e.

abhilegend
Only the planets moving was done under Johns. Him tanking anti matter isn't space cheese and the fight with monarch happened under another writer.

Those are fights with other characters.

Space cheese means exactly that. Characters destroying planets or shit like that which rarely shows up when they actually fight characters in their tier.

Galan007
Only the planets moving was done under Johns. Him tanking anti matter isn't space cheese and the fight with monarch happened under another writer.

Those are fights with other characters.

Space cheese means exactly that. Characters destroying planets or shit like that which rarely shows up when they actually fight characters in their tier. Prime was shown to have survived Monarch's detonation in Lo3W(written by Johns), so yes, even he considered it. thumb up

Like I mentioned: just depends on your interpretation of space-cheese. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. wink

DarkSaint85
Isn't there a rule that Green is, being the most central, the most controllable?

And the further away from the center you get, the mote uncontrollable but powerful you get?

abhilegend
Prime was shown to have survived Monarch's detonation in Lo3W(written by Johns), so yes, even he considered it. thumb up

Like I mentioned: just depends on your interpretation of space-cheese. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. wink
Oh he just showed Prime in timestream. There was no information about how he ended up there.

Nah, Johns rarely gives his characters space cheese feats.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Isn't there a rule that Green is, being the most central, the most controllable?

And the further away from the center you get, the mote uncontrollable but powerful you get? That was stated, yes. Though a spectrum's 'controllability' is entirely dependent on the user(s) in question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.