Rank them by physical strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Captain America
Winter Soilder
Frost Giant
Loki
Spiderman
Lizard
Like Cage
Iron Man
Colossus
Thor

golem370
Ballpark guesses
Captain America 1000-3000pounds
WS is odd one arm I would say is 5000lbs + 300 for the other arm
Frost Giant 2000-5000lbs
Loki 3000-5000lbs
Spider-Man 3000-7000lbs
Lizard 10,000lbs
Iron Man 10,000-20,000lbs
Colossus 10,000lbs
Thor 50,000-100,000lbs

Placidity
Winter Solider

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Spiderman (assuming Amazing Version)

Lizard

- Rest undecided

- Based on strength feats, not A>B>C / inferred feats.

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Captain America
Winter Soilder
Frost Giant
Loki
Spiderman
Lizard
Like Cage
Iron Man
Colossus
Thor

From weakest to strongest

Captain America
Winter Soldier (arm)
Loki
Luke Cage (no feats yet)
Frost Giant
Spider-Man
Colossus
Lizard
Iron man
Thor

This list can be slightly off as some characters don't really have enough feats

Surtur
Surely Caps helicopter feat puts him above Bucky?

NotAllThatEvil
One of bucky's arms is stronger than one cap arm, but two cap arms are way above two bucky arms.

Surtur
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
One of bucky's arms is stronger than one cap arm, but two cap arms are way above two bucky arms.

What did Bucky do with the arm on the level of the helicopter?

golem370
Over powered Caps arms in Winter Soldier if Cap had not moved WS would have stabbed him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
What did Bucky do with the arm on the level of the helicopter?

We literally see Bucky's robot arm overpower both Steve's arms during WS' mind-controlled rampage.

Some people make excuses for Cap, and say that he was holding back. But that makes absolutely zero sense in terms of Cap's character, or the context of the movie... Unless people genuinely believe that Cap intentionally let himself get thrown down an elevator shaft, to intentionally let a mind-controlled Winter Soldier go on to hurt/potentially kill more people, as well as potentially escape. And this, despite the fact that he told Widow earlier in the film that he has to be the one to bring Bucky in, as he was the least "likely to die" in the attempt, and was massively concerned with Bucky killing any of the German SWAT guys who attacked them. Obviously, Steve was not going to try and kill Winter Soldier, but he was definitely going to try his damn hardest to KO/Incapacitate him, as there were tons of innocent people at risk.

golem370
I think Cap thought he would reach Bucky's memory I don't think he was going to do it physically.

TheVaultDweller
Where did he try to reach for Bucky's memories here? Their fight starts around 0:30. And, during the same rampage, we see Bucky's metal arm overpower both of suit-less T'Challa's arms, and we saw Bucky's metal arm overpower Cap during TWS as well. So that arm has consistently been portrayed as stronger.

2n-7F2SEpxc

I mean look at Cap's face at the 40-41 second mark. Does that look like someone taking it easy?

TheLordofMurder
You know a lone Future Sentinel would almost certainly be 2nd on this list (if it were included)...

3rd at the very least...

If it amped its strength with Colossus power, then it would be an unquestionable 2nd, but probably a bit behind Thor still...

TheVaultDweller
It's hard as f*** to gauge Thor's strength properly. 90% of his feats are extremely difficult to quantify. Though a fairly decent strength feat here, carrying a car with one hand while flying (because he has to hold Mjolnir with the other hand). He drops it at about 0:43.

4ngmj5FGcyg

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's hard as f*** to gauge Thor's strength properly. 90% of his feats are extremely difficult to quantify. Though a fairly decent strength feat here, carrying a car with one hand while flying (because he has to hold Mjolnir with the other hand). He drops it at about 0:43.

4ngmj5FGcyg

Well Thor was still clearly physically superior to Iron Mans armor even after amping it over 400%...

That combined with his fight with Hulk makes me believe he is easily the strongest person in the OP...

TheVaultDweller
Hulk is a good gauge. Thor could stop a punch from him, while Hulk can bulldoze through a bunker without missing a step.

Iron Man not so much, as his strength levels fluctuate massively, sometimes during the same film. Based on feats, his Civil War armour is physically weaker than his suitcase armour from IM2.

But still, all we can say is "he is really strong", while it is nearly impossible to put any kind of accurate number on his strength, which is what I meant.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hulk is a good gauge. Thor could stop a punch from him, while Hulk can bulldoze through a bunker without missing a step.

Iron Man not so much, as his strength levels fluctuate massively, sometimes during the same film. Based on feats, his Civil War armour is physically weaker than his suitcase armour from IM2.

But still, all we can say is "he is really strong", while it is nearly impossible to put any kind of accurate number on his strength, which is what I meant.

thumb up

golem370
I meant in WS on Civil War.

h1a8
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
One of bucky's arms is stronger than one cap arm, but two cap arms are way above two bucky arms. Actually no. Buckys one arm overpowered both of Cap's arms a few times. One time it was with the knife. Steve couldn't stop it so he dodged it and the knife went through the van.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
Actually no. Buckys one arm overpowered both of Cap's arms a few times. One time it was with the knife. Steve couldn't stop it so he dodged it and the knife went through the van. Whoa, h1a8 is right about this.

This is phucking spooky...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by h1a8
From weakest to strongest

Captain America
Winter Soldier (arm)
Loki
Luke Cage (no feats yet)
Frost Giant
Spider-Man
Colossus
Lizard
Iron man
Thor

This list can be slightly off as some characters don't really have enough feats I'd agree with this ranking though I'm not sure about Cage being above any of them. The dude is seriously lacking in feats. I do think thats probably about where he is, but couldn't back it up at the moment.

wakkawakkawakka
So which Spiderman is being used here. Considering Lizard is mentioned I want to say that its (TASM) but I just want to be clear.

With that said from strongest to weakest I think it'd be more like this:

Thor
Iron Man
Frost Giant
Lizard
Spiderman
Colossus
Loki
Luke Cage...?
Captain America
Winter Soldier

TheVaultDweller
Cage is probably going to be around there. Even with his limited feats, I feel like he is above Cap and Bucky already. I don't quite see either of them being able to pull off that SUV stop like Luke did (durability played a role in not getting hurt, but it required strength to physically stop the vehicle). Also, he has consistently, and quite easily, absolutely wrecked things like metal, brick walls, cement etc. with his bare fists. As badass as Cap and Bucky are, only WS' metal arm has quite done similar (at least consistently), in terms of pure striking power.

DTM
Spider-Man and Lizard above Colossus in strength?

apex_pretador
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Captain America
Winter Soilder
Frost Giant
Loki
Spiderman
Lizard
Like Cage
Iron Man
Colossus
Thor

In pure strength

Thor
Colossus
Iron man
Loki / frost giants
Winter soldier
Cap
Luke cage

In lifting strength

Iron man
Colossus
Thor
Winter soldier
Cap
Loki
Luke

TethAdamTheRock
Kool

KuRuPT Thanosi
I love some people putting cap above a frost giant in strength lol. It gets unreal for some Cap fans

Silent Master
What people are putting Cap above Frost Giants?

TethAdamTheRock
no idea how

KuRuPT Thanosi
For example Golem listed Cap at 1000 to 3000 pounds and then
the frost Giant at 2,000 to 5,000. So he's giving a range, and that range includes Cap potentially being able to lift a 1000 more pounds. Not even close. Any range should have the frost giants lowest possible level well above Cap's highest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.