My Galen vs Quanchi's Maul vs ILS's Krayt vs DMB's Bane vs Ant's Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova

Emperordmb
Your Galen can ****ing compete with Sidious in the Force, so he wins by a landslide.

UCanShootMyNova
He may be his superior by a fair margin actually. smile

NewGuy01
Sel's Krayt* wins.

UCanShootMyNova
Is ILS doing the burgerlings. sad

The_Tempest
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He may be his superior by a fair margin actually. smile

Because nothing says superior by a fair margin than "is no match for the power of Darth Sidious." (TCSWE)

UCanShootMyNova
Context my friend.

Galen was ultimately defeated by Sidious but this was after he actively lowered his defenses so that he could allow Juno and the Rebels to escape.

This was also after he had a prolonged duel with Vader and had fought through Imperial forces which would have logically lowered his reserves of Force power.

smile

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh though I don't really know where I place Galen other then above Vader.

The above is just max wank.

carthage
DMB legitimately believes Bane is as powerful as a planetary nexus. So yeah he probably wins, what a tool lmao

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by carthage
DMB legitimately believes Bane is as powerful as a planetary nexus. So yeah he probably wins, what a tool lmao

0_0

Link?!

Nephthys
Is that really so nuts? Thon sealed Ambria's nexus and he's ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The_Tempest
Context my friend.

Galen was ultimately defeated by Sidious but this was after he actively lowered his defenses so that he could allow Juno and the Rebels to escape.

This was also after he had a prolonged duel with Vader and had fought through Imperial forces which would have logically lowered his reserves of Force power.

smile

Dooku replenished himself effortlessly when given the opportunity in ROTS. So unless Starkiller has less power/mastery than Dooku, I'm not buying it.

There's literally no way to defend that stance. 👍

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Dooku replenished himself effortlessly when given the opportunity in ROTS. So unless Starkiller has less power/mastery than Dooku, I'm not buying it.

There's literally no way to defend that stance. 👍

Dooku was running on fumes. He didn't replenish energies that had already been used up. He simply reinvigorated himself for what he thought would be an easy final lap that turned out to be something more akin to a marathon. The results speak for themself.

What's literally no way to defend what stance?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys
Is that really so nuts? Thon sealed Ambria's nexus and he's ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Well I guess it depends on the power of the planetary nexus itself. By its very nature though you'd assume that that power would have to far exceed any individual without special circumstances.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys

About as irrelevant as Bane in comparison with the Sith that came after, lol

The_Tempest
Dooku was running on fumes. He didn't replenish energies that had already been used up. He simply reinvigorated himself for what he thought would be an easy final lap that turned out to be something more akin to a marathon. The results speak for themself.

What's literally no way to defend what stance?

The stance that Marek is stronger than Sidious.

Please cite the text where Dooku only reinvigorates himself for an easy victory lap.

chingchangwalla
Ant's Revan.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The stance that Marek is stronger than Sidious.

Please cite the text where Dooku only reinvigorates himself for an easy victory lap.

I'd have to disagree there. While I don't personally hold the stance myself I can see a reasonable argument being made for such.

It's what the text suggests and what is logical. If Force users can simply replenish reserves on a whim then the Jedi's exhaustion on Hypori when they faced Grievous wouldn't have been a factor that was mentioned in Mundi's report.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Ant's Revan.

Tbh.

The_Tempest
Relatively few Force users are Dooku caliber and above.

UCanShootMyNova
Tempest, be reasonable here. Your suggesting that Force users can simply never grow tired if they so wish it. Don't you think it's far more reasonable the text is suggesting Dooku can ward away exhaustion so that he can gather himself for a final surge rather then him literally willing himself back to a prime state?

Deronn_solo
You can see a argument being made for Marek > Sidious? Really? laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

It's obviously not a stance the creators of TFU ever wanted to impart but it's once that can be argued with current evidence.

Nephthys
Mareks stamina is insane tbh. I doubt he was much impacted. He certainly didn't seem to be.

UCanShootMyNova
In his fight with Vader he was described as taking gasping breaths at one point.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sel's Krayt* wins.

smile

ares834
It's obviously not a stance the creators of TFU ever wanted to impart

Really? I wouldn't agree with that. In the game Marek straight up beats Sidious in a duel. It's only with the other material that we see this wasn't necessarily the case.

UCanShootMyNova
You almost got me.

The smile was starting to come to my face.

:P

The Ellimist
Yes.

It's obviously not a stance the creators of TFU ever wanted to impart but it's once that can be argued with current evidence.

I think the best interpretation is that Marek had a peak performance in his final moments, plus a pretty explicitly described Oneness-like state.

UCanShootMyNova
The Oneness like state occurs when he causes the explosion.

I would agree he's performing at his best at the end of the novel, yes.

The Ellimist

I would agree he's performing at his best in his final fight, yes.

Sort of like Mace Windu in RotS, or Anakin on the Invisible Hand.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

The Ellimist
As for the topic. mmm

I don't know enough about Quanchi's Maul, but Quanchi probably doesn't think Star Wars characters are that powerful in an absolute sense, so he's likely out. If we assume that the rest of you have similar general pictures of the capabilities of Force users, your Galen is likely the closest to Palpatine tbh.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sel's Krayt* wins.

Sel's Krayt is paying child support. He has no time for battles with 3 part time jobs.

UCanShootMyNova
:mmmm:

The Ellimist
DMB's Soresu Taalon oneshots them all.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh yeah. He's apparently far greater then Luke. thumb up

The Ellimist
Oh yeah. He's apparently far greater then Luke. thumb up

I do buy that post-pool Taalon is at least Luke tier.

UCanShootMyNova
Probably.

cs_zoltan
Is it a coincidence that DMB's favs are Bane and Taalon?

UCanShootMyNova
Probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.