Choise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nefertite
Do you remember the part of Matrix. Reloaded where Neo had to choose
one of two ways: to save Trinity or to save Zion?
What would you choose? And why?

I was confused at that moment ! I was trying to gess: What is he going to choose?! As you know, he chose to save Trinity - his love. But...
Then the Zion fell. This Neo's action surprised me a lot. Because he didn't save a city. And he was the one who had to do it! confused

On the other hand I'm glad that Trinity is alive.

jimbo3
I would have saved the human species. Just like the previous ones.

alaba
nefertite, have you forgotten that in the original matrix movie, neo had to choose between his life and morpheous' but he succeded in saving both, in a way not explained, so is the same with trinity. zion has not fallen and he still saved her. neo now has the power to discard choice and do whatever he wishes, i mean, he also brought her back from the dead so is this the kind of guy you would want to have a choice? he doesnt need it, cause he canm do as he wishes. thats why he's the one!

justinday15
I would have saved Trinity.

Ushgarak
No, Zion would fall either way. it was the rntire human race he was dooming by saving Trinity... which I guess is much worse...

Tevesh
I don't know if Zion will fall or not. One theme i caught in the movie is that of fate. Everyone in the movie believes in fate, and that every choice has already been made, but Neo seems to go against that. Neo is fighting against fate, and I believe that he will win.

alaba
right on tevesh!

Ushgarak
He's not fighting fate though, is he? Everything he has done so far has only gone to prove that when it comes to taking choices, the factors that go towards the choice he makes have already been established so they could be preecicted. The point is that he is noit a prisoner of fate, but on;y of circumstance and his own feelings. Every prediction has so far happened.

BUT- no-one has said that it is INEVITABLE that Zion will fall, not in the same way they have said other things are inveitable. The Architect has said that have become very good at it. We know it happened that way before. It is certainly very very LIKELY to happen. But no-one has outright said "Zion will fall and there is nothing you can do about it"- because this still lies within the power of people to change.

The Omega

Nefertite
Ok, alaba, in the original Matrix movie Neo could choose between his life and morpheous' life. He choose to save Morpheous. As you know he saved him and survive himself. but he was there and Morpheous was there.
In M2 Neo choose to save Trinity, but not Zion. He couldn't save both because both actions was on the same time. So how could he save and Zion and Trinity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.