Darth Vader vs. Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. All-out

15 meters starting distance.

AncientPower
Nihilus in both.

chingchangwalla
Hmm that starting distance could give Nihilus a fairly easy win.

MS Warehouse
Nihilus sweeps.

UCanShootMyNova
Nihilus and it's not close tbh.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Hmm that starting distance could give Nihilus a fairly easy win.

SunRazer
Force only goes to Nihilus. All-out... depends.

Ursumeles
Nihiliux.
Not sure.

AncientPower
Did we ever get confirmation from Avellone about whether or not Nihilus was Draay? There was a great theory I remember reading years ago. If he is Draay then his saber skills should still be solid.

SunRazer
The theory was that Draay was Darth Sion.

MythLord
Vader, honestly.

AncientPower
There was an argument about him being either, Nihilus' backstory fits too well with the ending to Lucien Draay's story IIRC.

AncientPower
Originally posted by MythLord
Vader, honestly.

I honestly don't know why, I get it, an up close fight is Vader's ball game all day long. But why do we think he's getting through Nihilus' telekinesis? His fleet pulling and citadel station wrecking TK makes Starkiller look amateur hour tbh.

Don't even get me started on drain.

chingchangwalla
The only thing it had going for it was that Draay at the end of the comic said "call me lord of pain" or some shit. I hope Draay isn't ****ing Sion...

AncientPower
If he is Sion then Meetra's a ****ing beast, unfortunately he's supposedly a marauder from the Great Sith War.

Ziggystardust
Vader, honestly.

Let's hear it.

SunRazer
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
The only thing it had going for it was that Draay at the end of the comic said "call me lord of pain" or some shit. I hope Draay isn't ****ing Sion...

It's a sort of joke at the end of the comic where he wonders what his Sith name would be. He muses about Darth Luzion, then the name "Darth Sion" crosses his mind for a bit.

But we know Sion's not him, since the KotORCG claims that he was a Marauder from the Exar Kun War, and his body was disfigured since that time.

SunRazer
Originally posted by AncientPower
There was an argument about him being either, Nihilus' backstory fits too well with the ending to Lucien Draay's story IIRC.

Unless Draay was a Malachor V survivor, I doubt it.

chingchangwalla
Good. Good. Good.

AncientPower
IIRC the Darth Sion backstory is some kind of legend, as is Nihilus', but that's a different matter entirely.

SunRazer
KotORCG makes it clear that it's not a legend.

None of the characters in the comics are Nihilus or Sion. They just wanted to make references. That's why Krynda Draay is so similar to Kreia.

Azronger
Darth Nihilus ragdolls Darth Vader.

MS Warehouse
IIRC, Draay retires on some unknown planet with other jedi. I wish they had gone in depth about that planet and the hidden order that was there. Also, he's blind at that point.

Ziggystardust
I would like to hear wolfmyth's honest argument.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by AncientPower
citadel station wrecking TK

lol wut

MythLord
Originally posted by Ziggystardust

Vader is better thumb up

Ziggystardust

Ursumeles
Vader is better thumb up
There is it smile

Ziggystardust
His honest argument, not his disingenuous one.

MythLord
I honestly believe Vader is just better.

Azronger
I honestly believe Vader is just better.

But why?

MS Warehouse
OT bias?

MythLord
Originally posted by Azronger
But why?

Better feats. Rivalling/surpassing a being that easily blows up a frigate while shielding themselves from the heat of the star is > holding a ship together for some time and lifting a ship on a DS nexus.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by The_Tempest
lol wut Another tenuous reading from AP.

As for this matchup, I'm really not convinced of Nihilus' combative capabilities.

MS Warehouse
You mean aside from his gigadrain that affects anyone who isn't a wound in the force?

Beniboybling
Eh, I assumed drain wasn't in play. In which case Nihilus wins.

SunRazer
Well, it was a fleet of 1200m ships, which is damn impressive.

The main argument against Nihilus, as always, is how effectively he can apply his powers in combat. But that doesn't seem to be an issue here.

Ziggystardust
Better feats.

Which ones?

Correction : part of a dying frigate, that is vastly smaller to the Raveger.

Correction : atmospheric reentry

Wrong - Nihillus holding the Ravenger together while it undergoes rapid acceleration and deceleration in the Star Wars universe ( where such ships travel at sub-light speeds) would mean he'd have to exert around 20,000,000, 000 tons of energy (TNT equivalent) just to prevent it from falling into pieces. For Starkiller that number is around 4000 tons to destroy the remaining frigate parts.

I hope you get the picture. You were foolish to bring up that comparison, so perhaps you'd like to try another.

MythLord
Any credible debaters wanna try and give my argument a swing?

I can only hear children crying.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Another tenuous reading from AP.

As for this matchup, I'm really not convinced of Nihilus' combative capabilities.

Ahhh.

Ziggystardust

I'm pretty confident that most people on this board would agree I'm better at 'making arguments' then you are.

MythLord
I'm fairly confident MS Warehouse and JayMango don't count for "most people on this board", who usually dismiss you as a troll and whatnot. thumb up

Ziggystardust
Just be honest Myth, you don't want to argue because you don't want to loose. This has been the case from the very first time we've debated.

chingchangwalla
It's good to watch actual debaters do their thing smile

Ursumeles
Zig, you are an good debater, with shitty opinions.
Myth still debates better than you, tbh smile

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Zig, you are an good debater, with shitty opinions.
Myth still debates better than you, tbh smile

Well I'm glad you think I'm credible. As for Wolfmyth, I'd like him to demonstrate that first hand. I could link you to every single exchange Wolfmyth and I have had. Almost every one of them ends up with a concession.

MythLord
Just be honest Myth, you don't want to argue because you don't want to loose. This has been the case from the very first time we've debated.

It's been more that I'd rather not waste time with people like you, since the first time I debated you, tbh.

Any credible debater has a similar stance, as it is, you just like to provoke me because you secretly want your senpai to notice you.

But if you want, I'll humour you here a bit when I tackle this topic after some microbiology studying.

EDIT: I have also never conceded to you, lmao. Ignoring someone isn't the same as conceding, darling.

Ursumeles
Link me one. Of the last time, not Myth's beginning. I doubt that you stomp the guy, who hold his own against Nova, fbh.

SunRazer
Ziggy thinks that he regularly stomps me as well, lol. And everybody that he comes across, since few choose to indulge his stupidity for long.

MythLord
thumb up

Azronger
Wollf, Nova, and Ziggy are all great debaters, in my opinion.

SunRazer
Regardless, I still don't think that Vader would win a Force battle against Nihilus, barring circumstances.

chingchangwalla
But but Ziggy is great. He has a Morrissey Avatar for God's sake.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ziggy thinks that he regularly stomps me as well, lol. And everybody that he comes across, since few choose to indulge his stupidity for long.

That's because I know you well Nova, and you do indulge my stupidity when you think you have the advantage. However, whenever I call out double standards, or make a case you can not rebuke. It's always Radio-silencio.

Example, just the other day I called you out on double standards. Yet you were no where to be seen. For a reason maybe?

UCanShootMyNova
Better feats. Rivalling/surpassing a being that easily blows up a frigate while shielding themselves from the heat of the star is > holding a ship together for some time and lifting a ship on a DS nexus.

But he's never shown to have rivaled/surpassed Starkiller... In Force power at least. Unless you take into account TFU cutscenes which are contradicted by heir various game versions which you obviously don't given you disregard most of them as evidence. Or maybe you only do that when it suits you?

SunRazer
That's because I know you well Nova, and you do indulge my stupidity when you think you have the advantage. However, whenever I call out double standards, or make a case you can not rebuke. It's always Radio-silencio.

Example, just the other day I called you out on double standards. Yet you were no where to be seen. For a reason maybe?

It's not as if you haven't chosen silence in the midst of debates as well.

Though I do think that it's rather sad that you save all these instances where you delude yourself into some sense of victory.

MythLord
@Syn

He has. Both the novel and game paint Vader as at least comparable to Starkiller(talking about the Clone here, cuz I know you confuse the two), and then he goes on to become a far more formidable opponent in the next 5 years, so yeah... I'd say that is surpassing 'Killer by RotJ.

MythLord
Though I do think that it's rather sad that you save all these instances where you delude yourself into some sense of victory.

Yeah, like I forgot 80% of the "debates" I had with him, meanwhile he has it bookmarked to use against me in the future cuz he needs to flaunt his superiority complex over someone I guess.

SunRazer
Well, even attention-seekers need their weapons.

UCanShootMyNova
@Syn

He has. Both the novel and game paint Vader as at least comparable to Starkiller(talking about the Clone here, cuz I know you confuse the two), and then he goes on to become a far more formidable opponent in the next 5 years, so yeah... I'd say that is surpassing 'Killer by RotJ.

Ah you're referring to the power growth in the OT. Given how much Vader grew is unspecified your stance is viable.

I'm curious as to how substantial you think Vader's growth in power was tbh.

Ursumeles

None debate then in which you stomp Myth, then? :/
Oh, and Nova stomped you in this debate thumb up

SunRazer
Disintegrating 150m of ship material doesn't even compare to telekinetically reconstructing a structurally destroyed 1200m warship, never mind an entire fleet of them.

And Vader grew more powerful since TFU? Nihilus fed off multiple planets after his feat.

UCanShootMyNova
None debate then in which you stomp Myth, then? :/
Oh, and Nova stomped you in this debate thumb up

Tbh Ziggy stomped Wolf on CV in a Caedus thread. Wolf attempted to act as if they were beneath them but when called out he said he refused to debate Ziggy. Later on he debated Ziggy on numerous other topics.

Lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
Disintegrating 150m of ship material doesn't even compare to telekinetically reconstructing a structurally destroyed 1200m warship, never mind an entire fleet of them.

And Vader grew more powerful since TFU? Nihilus fed off multiple planets after his feat.

Is that addressed to Wolf or somebody else?

Ziggystardust
It's not as if you haven't chosen silence in the midst of debates as well.

Yes, and most of those were because I didn't have the will or conviction to respond (that is called loosing a debate) or other times where I simply didn't have the answers. I never claimed to be unbeatable. I never even claimed to have beaten you every time. Wolfmyth on the other hand, is a different story altogether. The dude literally cries and flails his arms around when he can't get the upper-hand.

JKBart
The dude literally cries and flails his arms around when he can't get the upper-hand.

that sounds like quite a mental problem
u shouldn't be laughing and that and rather seek help for him

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Is that addressed to Wolf or somebody else?

In general.

Beniboybling
And Vader grew more powerful since TFU? Nihilus fed off multiple planets after his feat. Which he used to sustain his life energies yeah, I've still yet to see proof this actually made him more powerful. mmm

Ursumeles
Tbh Ziggy stomped Wolf on CV in a Caedus thread. Wolf attempted to act as if they were beneath them but when called out he said he refused to debate Ziggy. Later on he debated Ziggy on numerous other topics.

Lmao.
In which? I am interested.

SunRazer
Which he used to sustain his life energies yeah, I've still yet to see proof this actually made him more powerful. mmm

Well, if you want to take this quote:

Which would also justify why Surik is so much weaker in the novel, since she no longer feeds off others, and this temporary enhancement would inevitably dissipate.

UCanShootMyNova
In which? I am interested.

One moment while I find it.

The_Tempest

Which would also justify why Surik is so much weaker in the novel, since she no longer feeds off others, and this temporary enhancement would inevitably dissipate.

Not to be that guy, but didn't the KOTORCG indicate that feeding simply satisfies Nihilus's hunger temporarily? In which case, couldn't stronger simply mean to rejuvenate? Like one might say giving a starving man a meal would make him stronger?

UCanShootMyNova

Wow. I have never heard that argument to justify Meetra being weaker in the Revan novel.... Hmmmm.

I think the Exile is due for a reassessment.

Ursumeles
@Syn thanks.

@Razer Wow. Neat find thumb up

SunRazer
Wow. I have never heard that argument to justify Meetra being weaker in the Revan novel.... Hmmmm.

I think the Exile is due for a reassessment.

Oh, there's many. The simplest is just that Drew's an idiot, which he is, but even in-universe, such justifications exist.

I was planning on making a blog on this too, but I'm busy at the moment, so it'll have to wait.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, I guess this is my chance to watch some KOTOR I and II playthroughs for myself.

SunRazer
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not to be that guy, but didn't the KOTORCG indicate that feeding simply satisfies Nihilus's hunger temporarily? In which case, couldn't stronger simply mean to rejuvenate? Like one might say giving a starving man a meal would make him stronger?

It claims that the dark side's hold on him gets stronger every time he does this, so even there, it seems like he's growing stronger.

Regardless, it's established more than once in KotOR II that the Assassins actually get stronger when they use this feeding technique, and it's also established that Nihilus uses an identical technique. So yeah, Nihilus would get stronger, too, provided that he keeps up the feeding to "refresh" this temporary boost.

That said, his feat outclasses Starkiller's so drastically that he wouldn't need a power-up to be well beyond the reach of Prime Vader telekinetically, regardless of what mental gymnastics you want to bring to the table.

Beniboybling

Which would also justify why Surik is so much weaker in the novel, since she no longer feeds off others, and this temporary enhancement would inevitably dissipate. Well that's in relation to the Sith in general, unlike them, Nihilus' life force (and his power) is being consumed by a Force wound.Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not to be that guy, but didn't the KOTORCG indicate that feeding simply satisfies Nihilus's hunger temporarily? In which case, couldn't stronger simply mean to rejuvenate? Like one might say giving a starving man a meal would make him stronger? Yeah, it also states that "As Nihilus greedy consumes entire planets life energies, the dark side macerates him even faster."

His hunger seems to be a product of the wound literally eating away at his existence, the implication here being its devouring him faster than he can replace what's been lost. Kreia also suggests that as a result his oblivion is inevitable.

SunRazer
Well that's in relation to the Sith in general, unlike them, Nihilus' life force (and his power) is being consumed by a Force wound.

Except this Draining technique amped the Exile, without her Wound providing some sort of counteracting Drain.

You're reaching now. The fact that Nihilus continually needs to feed on others doesn't preclude him from gaining strength through this feeding.

I'm off for the night, but it's pretty ludicrous to pursue this logic, since it would suggest that Nihilus would've only been weakening ever since he first became a Wound in the Force after the Battle of Malachor V.

By the way, if we're running off KotORCG, Sion is implied to also be a Wound in the Force, and his Drain works exactly as my quote shows, lol.

MythLord

Lmao.

That... was actually my last debate with Ziggy, hon. I assume you're referring to the conjecture he spewed out about how Kyle Katarn was in a meld against Caedus and can potentially solo him?

Ursumeles
Katarn>Caedus? Cancer.

Ziggystardust
That... was actually my last debate with Ziggy, hon. I assume you're referring to the conjecture he spewed out about how Kyle Katarn was in a meld against Caedus and can potentially solo him?

Well to put it in your own words:

http://i67.tinypic.com/25j9g8m.png

Correct. A debate is not about the character in question, but the person arguing for them. I took the character that would usually be sided against - and didn't just win - but casually destroyed your argument. Inevitably, proclamations of not wanting to debate a troll came soon after.

So it's no wonder why you don't want to fight a better debater than yourself, while siding against a character that nonchalantly drains planets.

Ziggystardust
I mean you could always redeem yourself by debating me here. But we all know why you rather wouldn't.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Beniboybling
Except this Draining technique amped the Exile, without her Wound providing some sort of counteracting Drain.

You're reaching now. The fact that Nihilus continually needs to feed on others doesn't preclude him from gaining strength through this feeding.The Exile isn't the same as Nihilus either, unlike her she didn't give in to feeding, which made Nihilus' wound larger.

And I'm not reaching lol, the TCSWE states Nihilus needs to feed to keep himself alive:

"Darth Nihilus was known as the Lord of Hunger as was noted for his ability to literally consume the Force energies of his victims, which he used to sustain his own life energies."

The KOTORCG states it "macerates him faster" than he can feed. Given that, its perfectly reasonable to question whether the wound was in fact, sapping his strength, and his drainage of worlds was meeting diminishing returns.*slow clap*

"There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."Originally posted by SunRazer
By the way, if we're running off KotORCG, Sion is implied to also be a Wound in the Force, and his Drain works exactly as my quote shows, lol. Implied perhaps, but he bears none of the symptoms, so probably not. Certainly not to the extent of Nihilus.

MythLord
Well to put it in your own words:

http://i67.tinypic.com/25j9g8m.png

Correct. A debate is not about the character in question, but the person arguing for them. I took the character that would usually be sided against - and didn't just win - but casually destroyed your argument. Inevitably, proclamations of not wanting to debate a troll came soon after.

So it's no wonder why you don't want to fight a better debater than yourself, while siding against a character that nonchalantly drains planets.

Well, first of all LMAO, you really do have various statements from various people bookmarked... How desperate are you?

Second of all, I still agree with what I said. A debater that lacks experience, like Muser did at the time, isn't up to stack against you, who can blatantly lie to him or the voters and might not even get called out on it because most of them are too hypnotized by a wall of text and fancy writting.

Like I said, me choosing to ignore you isn't me choosing to concede to you, lmao. You admitted to being a troll to Razer already, have argued Traya is > Sidious just for the hell of it and continue to be generally mocked and/or ignored by any debater worth their salt... Why should I be any different, and actually give you the time of day? The times I have, you usually remained silent and pulled back, and such has happened against Beni, Tempest and Razer.

The fact is, your only supporters are either scrubs or people who wish to spite the person you're debating at the point of said debate. In this case, Syndi over here has a wonderful love-hate relationship with me and much like you has remained a persistent attention-wh0re in hopes their senpai will notice them, hence he's "on your side" so to speak.
Funny part is: Syndicate actually has some redeemable qualities, unbelievably, and has made decent arguments; you on the other hand pride yourself as being an utter Nai rip-off -- kinda ironic when said person also considers you a disgrace -- and have literally nothing to be proud about.

I'm now eagerly awaiting another wall'o'text that you'll no doubt post that I can ignore and do more relevant things with my life.

Ziggystardust
I'm not going to respond to yet another personal rant, Myth. I wish to debate Nihillus vs Vader. So let clarify two things.

Well, first of all LMAO, you really do have various statements from various people bookmarked... How desperate are you?

Correction - I have a memory and the ability to use google search.

I'd prefer to argue why Nhillus is better than Vader. You can see a post for that, right here click me.

Ziggystardust
Here is the real conumdrum though. You clearly have both the time and energy to waste rants on "people who aren't worth your time". So why won't you debate them? Or more importantly, why don't you just admit that you know you can't win?

MythLord
It's easier to do this than to go scover through the Vader RTs and sources I have available, to type up a far bigger wall of text.

Also, I take more enjoyment from knocking you off your high horse than debating someone as thick-headed as you.

Ziggystardust
It's easier to do this than to go scover through the Vader RTs and sources I have available, to type up a far bigger wall of text.

It's not easier though. If I actually wanted to engage in your personal war - the equivalent to contracting bowl cancer and shitting posts at each other, it would do a lot more damage to you than me. There would be links to all the threads you ran away from me in, embarrassing youtube videos, screenshots of people like DC (who certainly going to favour you as a freind) siding with posts i made against you. The fact you had to create a new Youtube Chanel under a different name ( and using a different accent) to redeem the sins of the old one - grandmaster luke vs Superman, anyone? It just wouldn't be worth it.

None of this matters, because you just admitted you don't want to debate, because it's easier not to. For a reason maybe?

Well you have not done that so far. So how about Nihilus vs Vader?

MythLord
1. DC believed you were better in that one topic, because he likes any possible Katarn arguments people can bring him, really.

2. Most of my old arguments and videos are rather embarrassing, hence why they're all long gone(also, I never changed my accent, lmao, that's just false af, not that it suprises me)... But we all have things we disagree with from the past, and back then I was a lunatic.

3. And like I said: me ignoring you isn't me "running away", lmao.

4. To ultimately answer your question, assuming I do enter a debate with you, I'd end up just wasting my time formulating arguments because you have a habit of not staying down when you're suppose to.

On top of that, I'd have to read through irrelevant walls of text and really I'd gain nothing from the debate. This way, you're more attacking me personally and raising yourself on a ranking you don't really deserve, in a desperate bid for attention to try and look "kewl" to other users of inferior intellectual capacity.

For the record: I can just as easily scover KMC or ComicVine and post screenshots of actually smart debaters not considering you worth a damn, or some of your embarrassing opinions/threads where you've attempted to bait other users and I, or posted downright false information. The reason I don't is I see no reason to bring up the past to try and win in the present, nor do I feel the need to do that to try and make myself seem "superior".

MS Warehouse
Which he used to sustain his life energies yeah, I've still yet to see proof this actually made him more powerful. mmm Aside from kreia saying the more he feeds, the hungrier he gets, the easier it is to feed each subsequent time? thumb up

Ziggystardust
1. DC believed you were better in that one topic, because he likes any possible Katarn arguments people can bring him, really.

2. Most of my old arguments and videos are rather embarrassing, hence why they're all long gone(also, I never changed my accent, lmao, that's just false af, not that it suprises me)... But we all have things we disagree with from the past, and back then I was a lunatic.

3. And like I said: me ignoring you isn't me "running away", lmao.

4. To ultimately answer your question, assuming I do enter a debate with you, I'd end up just wasting my time formulating arguments because you have a habit of not staying down when you're suppose to.

On top of that, I'd have to read through irrelevant walls of text and really I'd gain nothing from the debate. This way, you're more attacking me personally and raising yourself on a ranking you don't really deserve, in a desperate bid for attention to try and look "kewl" to other users of inferior intellectual capacity.

For the record: I can just as easily scover KMC or ComicVine and post screenshots of actually smart debaters not considering you worth a damn, or some of your embarrassing opinions/threads where you've attempted to bait other users and I, or posted downright false information. The reason I don't is I see no reason to bring up the past to try and win in the present, nor do I feel the need to do that to try and make myself seem "superior".

Basically :

Anyway, Vader vs Nihillus?

MS Warehouse
I found this amusing. "Everyone who disagrees with me is a child crying".

Ursumeles
Nah, he says he don't want to debate Ziggy. I am sure that hewould debate someonle like Nova on this topic.

MythLord
Anyway, Vader vs Nihillus?

mmm Eh, why not? Shrugs I'll get around to it, I guess.

The Merchant
Nihilus.

SunRazer
The Exile isn't the same as Nihilus either, unlike her she didn't give in to feeding, which made Nihilus' wound larger.

What are you talking about? Nihilus' Hunger was exacerbated even by his unconscious feeding, as your beloved KotORCG claims, and that's exactly what the Exile did to everyone that she killed.

The fact that he requires it for sustenance doesn't mean that he can't empower himself in the process of feeding.

"Macerates him faster" was in the context of his body, which is it mentions that there's "no matter" once Nihilus transfers his essence into his armor.

Yeah, Kreia's talking about how his hunger is getting more and more control over him, which she says at multiple points. It doesn't mean that he's his Drain fails to make him stronger or keep him constant in terms of power.

But since you so kindly decided to use Kreia as evidence, here she is confirming that Nihilus' powers are growing and will continue to grow:

Checkmate thumb up

Beniboybling
What are you talking about? Nihilus' Hunger was exacerbated even by his unconscious feeding, as your beloved KotORCG claims, and that's exactly what the Exile did to everyone that she killed. Beloved, right. Do you have an issue with using the source material as evidence Nova? But no what I'm saying is that she did not conciously given in to feeding as Nihilus did, consequently her wound doesn't appear significant enough to "macerate" her as it did him.Not necessarily, but if the output exceeds the input it stands to reason that is the case.
His living tissue yeah, which tie him to the living Force, and according to Kreia in continues to "devour" him after the fact.
In what sense? None of the highlighted parts mention mental control.
Quite, in which case she's referring to his drain, I'm looking for evidence he became more powerful holistically.

SunRazer
Beloved, right. Do you have an issue with using the source material as evidence Nova?

Well, as I cite from it, no.

That'd be a valid point if it wasn't already suggested in KotOR II that he kept growing stronger.

Kreia also claims that:

The macerating clearly refers solely to his physical self, nothing more.

The context of that conversation does, yeah. Which is why in the same conversation, she claims that:

Untrue, because she describes him as having the "pinnacle" of the technique. She's just talking about him being powerful in general thumb up

Beniboybling
Kreia also claims that

The macerating clearly refers solely to his physical self, nothing more.But the point is he was still being devoured after the fact, and with the wound ever enlarging surely only at an even faster rate.I could see how that could be used to interpret Nihilus' hollow conquests as behind there being "no strength" in his hunger. But that still leaves Kreia's insinuation that the wound is devouring him to the point of inevitable oblivion.Right, except what she says is:

"The blind seer her Master has harnessed this technique, and he is rapidly approaching the height of its power. I fear he may even rival some of the ancient Sith."

So no, he hasn't reached the full extent of his powers yet. But you already knew that.

SunRazer
But the point is he was still being devoured after the fact, and with the wound ever enlarging surely only at an even faster rate.I could see how that could be used to interpret Nihilus' hollow conquests as behind there being "no strength" in his hunger. But that still leaves Kreia's insinuation that the wound is devouring him to the point of inevitable oblivion.Right, except what she says is:

This is true but none of it precludes him from growing stronger all the same. It's a strange dichotomy, but hardly one that fails to make sense.

Yeah, she kind of contradicts herself here. But I see no reason as to why the quote I provided earlier refers solely to Drain and not power overall?

I don't think it refers to Drain, since Kreia explicitly states that he will eventually "become too powerful for us to stop". Kreia knowingly engaged Nihilus with the Exile, since the latter was immune to his Drain, regardless of how powerful it was. On the other hand, if Nihilus was simply more powerful, he would have other avenues to win (ie. TK).

Beniboybling
I don't think its necessarily a contradiction, as she only says what Nihilus has accomplished is the pinnacle of what the assassins could achieve, not Nihilus himself.

Regardless, that's a fair point, I'll concede to that.

SunRazer
I don't think its necessarily a contradiction, as she only says what Nihilus has accomplished is the pinnacle of what the assassins could achieve, not Nihilus himself.

She was talking about the technique itself, but your point has merit. Perhaps the Assassins, Traya etc. could never use Drain to the same extent as the Exile and Nihilus, because they weren't Wounds in the Force. After all, she claims that you have to experience its effects first-hand to gain the power, and nobody experienced its effects to the extent of the Exile/Nihilus.

Yay.

Ziggystardust
Vader probably wins sabers.

For the Force, feat wars favours Nihilus over Vader, or any crooked comparison between him and Starkiller. There's little escaping it.

Azronger
Vader probably wins sabers.

For the Force, feat wars favours Nihilus over Vader, or any crooked comparison between him and Starkiller. There's little escaping it.

BazookaMaster
Sabers: Vader 10/10
Force: Nihilus 8-10/10
All out: Vader 9/10

nfactor1995
Nihilus

slayne
Nihilus obliterates.

thesithmaster
Vader dices and slices.

Azronger
Vader, yeah.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Sabers: Vader 10/10
Force: Nihilus 8-10/10
All out: Vader 6-7/10
Fixed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.