Mace > Dooku Confirmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Take it from a staunch Dooku fanboy, but something that I was just shown on my Dooku RT was, well, this:

It's a 2010 quote, for reference.

Thoughts?

chingchangwalla
There are quotes like this in Dooku's favour I'm pretty sure.

JKBart
Mace > Dooku was a thing for me since I joined CV around 2014.

They might have been equal before Dooku went Sith, but their comparative showings and Mace's real power surfacing in Palpatine fight was all I needed to believe Mace > Dooku most definitely. Mace was quite clearly the superior one for me for a long time.

Palpatine fight is obviously a very specific case, but either way, Mace didn't have an external amp, a nexus, connection with somebody else, or anything like that. It was something that came within him, even though he would probably never replicate that showing to such an extent.

The quote is not much news for me. I always held Mace in a higher regard.

chingchangwalla
Hell, Thame Cerulian believes Dooku to be the greatest duelist ever, despite witnessing Yoda in action.

SunRazer
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Hell, Thame Cerulian believes Dooku to be the greatest duelist ever, despite witnessing Yoda in action.

Bondara's students claimed the same of him despite possibly witnessing Yoda as well. I think it's fair to say that these sorts of impressions are flawed.

Yoda's canonically the best duelist in the Order, bar none.

And no, I haven't found any quotes after 2010 in Dooku's favor... yet.

chingchangwalla
I love Mace and Dooku so I honestly don't care which is better. But ehh I'm gonna stick with them as equals, it's better that way.

Kurk
I love Mace and Dooku so I honestly don't care which is better. But ehh I'm gonna stick with them as equals, it's better that way. thumb up thumb up

aalyasecura95
pretty sure this only confirms mace as the superior lightsaber duelist. their force abilities are still debatable.

The_Tempest
Nova, what kind of source is this? Trading cards, sourcebook, visual guide, insider article, fact file?

chingchangwalla
@ aaylasecura. Look, their force abilities are pretty equal too. Dooku has more variety, but Mace's augmentation is arguably better

SunRazer
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
pretty sure this only confirms mace as the superior lightsaber duelist. their force abilities are still debatable.

Of course.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nova, what kind of source is this? Trading cards, sourcebook, visual guide, insider article, fact file?

It's a magazine, so something to the effect of Insider, I suppose.

The same magazine published a quote in 2009 claiming that Dooku could equal Mace, but this being a later source would be a retcon of that. Unfortunately.

JKBart
Originally posted by The_Tempest

can u even google, type in the name of the source from OP

The_Tempest
Your link came up as an error, you mountebank.

JKBart
because kmc adds some retarded </br> if the link is too long

The_Tempest
Not my problem. Don't fail me again.

JKBart
instead of asking questions like you dont know how to use google.com

The_Tempest
I'm lazy. Sue* me.

JKBart
then kill self no help will be given if u're too lazy for ****ing google but can type shitpost instead

actually wait, i can offer help in going an

smile
smile smile
smile smile smile
smile smile
smile

The_Tempest
Shitposts are effortless.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
Take it from a staunch Dooku fanboy, but something that I was just shown on my Dooku RT was, well, this:

It's a 2010 quote, for reference.

Thoughts?

This looks like it's referring to Jedi Dooku tbh.

NewGuy01
what happened to mr idgaf about quotes

quanchi112
Wait..... People thought Dooku was greater or equal to Windu ??

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by NewGuy01
what happened to mr idgaf about quotes

Contradicted quotes. For uncertain issues such as Vitiate and Nihilus a quote will sway me as will a quote regarding Mace and Dooku given they're peers.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
This looks like it's referring to Jedi Dooku tbh.
I think so too.

cs_zoltan
Brb, getting a cup for Wollf's tears.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112

laughing out loud

laughing out loud
People thought Maul was greater or equal to Vader?
laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

chingchangwalla

laughing out loud

laughing out loud
Haha remember when Maul got beaten by a padawan, twice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
People thought Maul was greater or equal to Vader?
laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud Maul is. The evidence supports my claims. Your butthurt is legendary.

quanchi112
Haha remember when Maul got beaten by a padawan, twice. Who did Vader beat that is impressive ? Let's hear it, nerd.

Beniboybling
Not inclined to believe this source takes precedence over Dark Rendevous or various other sources, but Mace probably is the better duelist.

Ursumeles
Who did Vader beat that is impressive ? Let's hear it, nerd.
Ben Kenobi, Ashoka, Muur-empowered Celeste Morne. And he statlemated RotJ Luke in Sabers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Ben Kenobi, Ashoka, Muur-empowered Celeste Morne. And he statlemated RotJ Luke in Sabers. Ben dropped his guard. He was well past his prime and Vader was unable to penetrate his defenses. laughing out loud

Tano wrecked his face. Facially ****ed him. That's a win to you ?? Pathetic.

Who ??

Luke crushed him in sabers. You're obviously a liar and a Vader fanboy since I've corrected you on the context multiple times in one post.

smile

Deronn_solo
Not news to me at all. Mace >Dooku should be obvious, lal.

MythLord
Razer, that is Jedi!Dooku.

Ursumeles

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Beniboybling
If it's Jedi Dooku it's pre-Haruun Kal Windu.

UCanShootMyNova
Well it's Jedi Dooku because it's talking about Jedi that the Order produced. Assuredly it's not referring to Dooku as a Sith Lord who was stated to have grown far more powerful.

It makes no mention of Windu's incarnation and since RotS had come out 5 years before it can be assumed it's referring to his prime in RotS.

MythLord
Dooku would've been experiencing a considerably larger and more continuous power-growth than Mace, however, seeing as how by AotC as per Insider he's outclassing Mace(along with any other Jedi besides Yoda), and then later gaining even more power by RotS.

This is further backed up by Mace and Dooku have basically been confirmed as having a similar aptitude and talent, but Dooku had more time to hone it and with more resources, hence he would've improved more.

cs_zoltan
Your denial is unhealthy.

MythLord
You looking in a mirror, Zoltan?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Well it's Jedi Dooku because it's talking about Jedi that the Order produced. Assuredly it's not referring to Dooku as a Sith Lord who was stated to have grown far more powerful.

It makes no mention of Windu's incarnation and since RotS had come out 5 years before it can be assumed it's referring to his prime in RotS. No lol, pick a context and stick with it. If its referring to Dooku within the contexts of being a Jedi, then it must be referring to Windu within those same contexts. And what has the release date of RotS got to do with anything? Lmao.

MythLord
Beni...

Originally posted by MythLord
Dooku would've been experiencing a considerably larger and more continuous power-growth than Mace, however, seeing as how by AotC as per Insider he's outclassing Mace(along with any other Jedi besides Yoda), and then later gaining even more power by RotS, I don't think Mace would be his rival/superior without a seriously substantial power increase, that negates Dooku's completely... which isn't really the case.

This is further backed up by Mace and Dooku have basically been confirmed as having a similar aptitude and talent, but Dooku had more time to hone it and with more resources, hence he would've improved more.

Beniboybling
As I say, there are plenty of conflicting statements on this matter, but Windu just appears to be better.

MythLord
In Disney canon, perhaps, but in the EU the sources seem to favour the Count.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
No lol, pick a context and stick with it. If its referring to Dooku within the contexts of being a Jedi, then it must be referring to Windu within those same contexts. And what has the release date of RotS got to do with anything? Lmao.

IIRC Mace was still a Jedi in RotS...

Beniboybling
At which point Dooku as not, right. I mean the context in which they were both Jedi.

DarthAnt66
Windu has always been better.

UCanShootMyNova
At which point Dooku as not, right. I mean the context in which they were both Jedi.

Yoda taught many pupils throughout his years, including Dooku, who became one of the finest sword masters the Order EVER produced - eclipsed ONLY by Mace Windu and Yoda himself.

It doesn't seem to be limiting the accolade to Dooku's time in the temple.

Beniboybling
Then it's referring to him in his prime as a Sith Lord, and Windu as of RotS.

Checkmate, you losur.

MythLord
I think what Syndicate is getting at would be something along the lines of: "A was one of the most powerful Jedi ever, eclipsed only by B" but B lives in another era than A.

Like only beings like Mace and Yoda, in their primes, eclipsed Jedi Dooku. mmm

But nah, it's probably just Jedi!Dooku and pre-Haruun Kal Mace, but my point about their respective power-growths still stand.

Beniboybling
Except that would imply Dooku does not exist within said era, he does. It just wouldn't make sense for the statement to apply different contexts to each character.

And within Legends perhaps, but when you account for Canon sources i.e. TCW and the PT trilogy. Mace is better.

McP
Windu's position in the new Canon is still uncertain. It's a great pitty, that SoD wasn't a part of TCW. His duel with Maul on screen could be very helpful.

Dooku on the other hand, is somehow supported by SoD itself. Sidious states, that Talzin has not Dooku's skills short before he stomps her. Mace on the other hand, was unable to do that. I also feel, that Sidious had far greater advantage over Maul then Mace.

Strongest argument for Mace always was - in my opinion - the fact, that lucas said, that you have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with Sidious. But Lucas also said, that Vader and Kenobi were just a shadows of their former selfs, which should put Vader below most of PT's combatants. And there are those Gillard's levels. But if we are going to accept them, we should also accept, that Kenobi was "aggressive" type of duelist, which would ruin that concept of him as The Master of Soresu.

In that new canon, I would say that only one thing is sure: Sidious and Yoda are far above the rest. Mace, Dooku, Anakin, Vader and Talzin are inferior at some points.
Vader for example, has a lot of hype, but his showings against other Force users are not that impressive.

cs_zoltan
seeing as how by AotC as per Insider he's outclassing Mace(along with any other Jedi besides Yoda).

Are you talking about this?

http://puu.sh/r7P66/8db175c132.jpg

If you do then lmao.

MythLord
Laugh all you want, it's an official source thumb up

JKBart
Originally posted by McP
But if we are going to accept them, we should also accept, that Kenobi was "aggressive" type of duelist, which would ruin that concept of him as The Master of Soresu.

He told, that if anything would be the downfall of Kenobi, it would be his aggression. Pretty legitimate considering his true mastery resided in Soresu and going on the offensive would be terrible for him.

Ursumeles
By AotC, Dooku doen't need quotes that put him above Windu. His feats are enough smile

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Windu has always been better.
thumb up

Ursumeles
What has AotC Windu, what makes him >AotC Dooku?

cs_zoltan
Laugh all you want, it's an official source thumb up

Yes, but it doesn't even begin to imply what you think.

MythLord
"Outclass almost any opponent, except for Yoda" Seems pretty clear cut.

cs_zoltan
Nearly any =/= every. Which Anakin proven when he ****ed Dooku nonconsensually.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
This quote is from AotC Time
@CharlieJolson Why and who?

MythLord

This quote is as of the time of AotC, so I have no idea why you bring up Skywalker beating Dooku in RotS mmm

And Yoda's listed as an exception to it; I'd assume it'd be "aside from Yoda and Mace" or "Yoda and Anakin" or just leaving it at "nearly any" if it was the case that he isn't, by AotC, superior to any Jedi besides Yoda.

MythLord
thumb up

Really, leaving it at "equals" seems like the best decision.

Beniboybling
This quote is as of the time of AotC, so I have no idea why you bring up Skywalker beating Dooku in RotS mmm

And Yoda's listed as an exception to it; I'd assume it'd be "aside from Yoda and Mace" or "Yoda and Anakin" or just leaving it at "nearly any" if it was the case that he isn't, by AotC, superior to any Jedi besides Yoda. Guess he beats Sidious then yeah.

Ursumeles
Yeah, equals is the best. Or feats -in which Dooku is better big grin-

Deronn_solo
Why do people even take Jack seriously when he has more socks than Footlocker, lmao.

cs_zoltan

And Yoda's listed as an exception to it; I'd assume it'd be "aside from Yoda and Mace" or "Yoda and Anakin" or just leaving it at "nearly any" if it was the case that he isn't, by AotC, superior to any Jedi besides Yoda.

Lmao. Right...that's why his death is referenced at the start of the paragraph.

Is there any more reaching you'd like to do?

UCanShootMyNova
Then it's referring to him in his prime as a Sith Lord, and Windu as of RotS.

Checkmate, you losur.

But it's referencing the sword masters that the Order Dooku was no longer apart of the order post TPM.

MythLord
Lmao. Right...that's why his death is referenced at the start of the paragraph.

Is there any more reaching you'd like to do?

Huzzah, it references what age he died... The article itself mostly focuses on the events of AotC, though. Not that this accolade is really that key an accolade for Dooku being better than Mace.

McP
Still, to assume that one character > another only due to one quote is a bit dumb.
In that way of thinking, we could argue, that Vader > Sidious. He's - as I remember - stated to be the best "red saber wielder" and there is a quote, that is saying that Ahsoka can match Vader and Sidious blow to blow.
There are just better and worse sources. Movies/TCW/Rebels are the most reliable sources in the new canon at this moment.

cs_zoltan
Huzzah, it references what age he died... The article itself mostly focuses on the events of AotC, though. Not that this accolade is really that key an accolade for Dooku being better than Mace.

So you want more reaching then, nice. At least try to be better at it. The article is about his whole life, starting from pre-AotC until his death in RotS.

Out of 10 paragraphs 2 is about AotC. But sure it mostly focuses on AotC thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Windu has always been better. thumb up

Kurk
Love how everything comes down to semantics.

Fated Xtasy
Well. DR kinda confirmed that Mace would win yes?

However in a place where the count can draw on the Dark Side he would solidly outclass Mace, correct?

Well I think that while Mace be the superior duelist due to his mastery of this new form and his own refinement of the Seven Styles does give him an edge against the Count in a neutral setting., this of course being all due to Vaapads mechanics of constant movement and drawing on the energies of others. The count would nevertheless press him in every engagement they would have, mostly due to Counts own mastery of Combat.

That said, Mace being the last living practitioner of Vaapad, a form Dooku has no real knowledge of, does give him a significant edge when dueling an equally refined but far older adversary like Dooku.

Tl;dr

Mace is >Dooku because of game mechanics

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well. DR kinda confirmed that Mace would win yes?

No?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
No?

Ya sure? I remember reading Yoda saying something about a fight on neutral grounds would end in windus favor?

Nephthys
Dark Rendezvous? Pretty sure it says that on neutral ground Windu "might" be Dooku's equal.

cs_zoltan
Which the Dooku cocksuckers think means that perhaps not even Mace can beat Dooku, instead of perhaps not just Mace can beat him. The latter is more likely since I'm pretty sure half a year before RotS Anakin can arleady murk Dooku.

SunRazer
Well, the fallout here has been.... interesting.

MythLord
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That said, Mace being the last living practitioner of Vaapad, a form Dooku has no real knowledge of, does give him a significant edge when dueling an equally refined but far older adversary like Dooku.

Wut now? Dooku knows Vaapad, this is confirmed lol.

SunRazer
Well, Dooku was familiar with Vaapad when he fought with Sora Bulq.

MythLord
Very true. I also don't see why Mace suddenly being ahead of Jedi!Dooku means that he's better by RotS, but hey... Mace supporters need something :shrugs:

SunRazer
It doesn't. I'm just putting the quote up.

One could argue that they both improved after TPM, which is fact, but of course, not necessarily in the same quantity. Which is why in Y: DR, Yoda claims that Mace was only an equal of Dooku, not better.

SunRazer
DarthDuelist9 just brought up a point on Comic Vine - there's a way of looking at this. The quote kind of implies that Dooku, as a Jedi, was the best duelist ever in the history of the Order, bar Yoda and Mace. Ergo, he's the third best duelist, Mace is second, and Yoda was the best ever.

SunRazer
Actually, sources only say that they're "considered" equals. And people "consider" Anoon Bondara to be unparalleled, "consider" Cin Drallig to be unparalleled, etc.

Regardless, your point is fair.

Ursumeles
DarthDuelist9 just brought up a point on Comic Vine - there's a way of looking at this. The quote kind of implies that Dooku, as a Jedi, was the best duelist ever in the history of the Order, bar Yoda and Mace. Ergo, he's the third best duelist, Mace is second, and Yoda was the best ever.
Interesting...which is it?

SunRazer
The very quote I posted in the OP of this thread, lol.

Nephthys

Well we know that can't be true because Anakin beat him, right?

SunRazer
Depends on what it means in the context of "swords master".

Ursumeles
'K then xD

Fated Xtasy
Well, Dooku was familiar with Vaapad when he fought with Sora Bulq.

Ah good point.

Well the point still stands, Maces loop kinda gives him an edge.

These Retcons confuse me tbh

MythLord
A loop that only worked once in his life, in a hightened state of being against the very essence of the Dark Side...

I feel Sidious is more an exception, not the rule.

Nephthys
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Dooku > Windu.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys

Dooku > Windu.

Fated Xtasy
I don't mind either mentality Tbh lol both would still kick the ass of mid carders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.