darth nihilus runs the sidious gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aalyasecura95
conditions

nihilus fully fed and in perfect physical condition
location = ravager bridge
start 20m apart
speed equalized

_

gauntlet:

warmup: 65bby sidious

1 early apprentice sidious

2 52 bby sidious

3 tpm sidious (pre plagy death)

4 tpm sidious (post plagy death)

5 aotc sidious

6 rots sidious

7 anh sidious

8 rotj sidious

9 de sidious

10 tpm sidious+rots sidious

JKBart
Wins rounds 1 and 2, dies at everything else.

MythLord
Originally posted by JKBart

UCanShootMyNova
5-6.

Ursumeles

Azronger

darthbane77
Nihilus uber drains them all tbh, Sid's later forms are more powerful; but I doubt he can block Nihilus' drain.

Ursumeles
Nihilius can't even react.
And when has Nihilius drained someone, who is far more powerful?

darthbane77
Nihilus' drain is pretty much unblockable, it's possible Sid doesn't know how to block his version of drain.

Ursumeles
:/
Nihilius could also drain Revan, Valkorion and Luke then? Even the Ones?

darthbane77
Potentially, Revan has the knowledge to block Nihilus (darthant can explain that better than me), Valkorion's probably dead, Luke and the Ones might survive based on what they are in the first place. But that's speculation.

Ursumeles
I know Ants arguments, and I agree with them. I just wanted to see if you agree. It is likely that Palpatine knows blocking force drain as well,as he potentially has teached it Dooku.
And again: Nihilius never has drained an Force User stronger than himself-especially so ridicioulous more powerful.
No might, before the "survive" please smile

McP

SunRazer
Probably down at 3.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Nihilius can't even react.

Originally posted by aalyasecura95
conditions

nihilus fully fed and in perfect physical condition
location = ravager bridge
start 20m apart
speed equalized

btw

SunRazer
Sidious doesn't need to block Nihilus' Drain, by the way. By definition, Nihilus' Drain requires him to Sever Palpatine, which he can't do since Sheev is more powerful.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
By definition, Nihilus' Drain requires him to Sever Palpatine, which he can't do since Sheev is more powerful.

Wut?

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
Wut?

It's not Severing in the sense of your average Sever Force, but it's Severing you from life itself as well. This is mentioned more than once in KotOR II:

There's a reason why Meetra wasn't Draining people when they were alive, but only doing so once they died - because this technique feeds on death, not life. It requires you to cause death by Severing connections between life and the Force, and then feeding on the death(s) that occurs as a consequence. This is also why this ability is distinct from other versions of Drain displayed in the mythos.

It stands to reason that Nihilus can't do this against beings who are more powerful than him. The no-limits fallacy of "Nihilus kills all with Drain" is also disproven in KotOR II, since Traya survived Nihilus' Drain despite him Draining to kill.

And the case with Traya also links back to what I said above, since the KotORCG claims that her powers were drained by her apprentices, yet she claims in KotOR II that she was "stripped of her powers". It was an incomplete process of the quotes I provided above.

To all the people who think that Nihilus (or even Traya) can instakill anybody with their Drain bar Surik, they're dead wrong, as per KotOR II.

MythLord
So Traya is powerful enough to sustain life from Nihilus' Drain... mmm

Good, this may or may not be useful if I decide to ever debate Sheev's upper class servants versus Nihilus smile

SunRazer

Good, this may or may not be useful if I decide to ever debate Sheev's upper class servants versus Nihilus smile

The fact that Traya survived where all of Katarr (bar Visas) didn't is incredibly impressive, yes. As is the fact that Sion was potentially involved in Traya's case, as well.

And yes, it puts an end to the argument that Nihilus/Traya have an Instakill Drain vs anyone, which was a no-limits fallacy from the get-go.

GhostRavage

The fact that Traya survived where all of Katarr (bar Visas) didn't is incredibly impressive, yes.

Because Nihilus hadn't wanted her dead? She was defenseless after the Nihilus's attack, Sion kicked her around for a bit and there was nothing she could do about it. If they'd wanted her dead, she'd have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCxcJugMe_Y

Traya is down for the count. Wanna argue that it's impressive for an old woman to still breathe after that, go right ahead, though let's not pretend she was in great shape. Now, tell me what stopped those guys from putting a lightsaber through her if they wanted to.

Traya's narration makes it clear, they humiliated her and threw her out.

Tondemonai
3-5.

The Ellimist
Probably dies at 2.

MythLord
Originally posted by GhostRavage
Because Nihilus hadn't wanted her dead? She was defenseless after the Nihilus's attack, Sion kicked her around for a bit and there was nothing she could do about it. If they'd wanted her dead, she'd have been.

Traya is down for the count. Wanna argue that it's impressive for an old woman to still breathe after that, go right ahead, though let's not pretend she was in great shape. Now, tell me what stopped those guys from putting a lightsaber through her if they wanted to.

Both Sion and Nihilus believed her dead, however, and Sion thought it was Nihilus who brought her to the very brink of death, Sion just sped up the job.

SunRazer
Originally posted by GhostRavage

No, both Sion and Nihilus were surprised to find that she was alive. They both assumed her dead.

GhostRavage
Both Sion and Nihilus believed her dead, however, and Sion thought it was Nihilus who brought her to the very brink of death, Sion just sped up the job.
No, both Sion and Nihilus were surprised to find that she was alive. They both assumed her dead.

If they'd wanted her dead in that scene then, Were they probably too stupid to kill her when she was absolutely helpless?
Obviously they hadn't wanted her dead at least not quickly. They stripped her of the Force, tortured her and exiled her.

SunRazer
Your interpretation of the scene doesn't stack up to quotes from the source itself. Nihilus assumed Traya dead, and he was going for the kill. Sion also expresses surprise at how Traya managed to survive.

Nihilus doesn't care for humiliation, anyway. He just needed to feed.

Trocity
Has the no limits fallacy ended? Could it really be true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.