Darth Bane vs. nuclear explosion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
Bane is in the range of a nuclear missile - 700 meters away from the point where the nuke will land. He senses the danger when he has one minute left. However, he can't pinpoint where the nuke will land. He just senses something big is going to hit near him.

The area is New York as of 2016. 11 PM, low traffic.

How can Darth Bane survive that? Can he find a place to hide? Can he use the Force to protect him? Is he fast enough to catch the nuke in Force grip when (and if) he sees it on the sky? Perhaps all of them in some manner?

Bonus round: There are 8 nukes that are going to target different unknown spots in the New York City. Bane senses the danger 90 seconds ahead. He has DoE Zannah with him and he can sacrifice her for any means.

Ursumeles
Bane dies. Horribly.

TenebrousWay
He probably can find some rudimentary shelter and use the force to shield him from both the heat and the rubble from the collapsed buildings.

Nuclear weapons are horribly overrated in popular wisdom.

MythLord
Bane can shield himself from the nuke, tbh.

I mean, child Zannah was shielding herself from nukes, and I doubt she's anywhere near prime Bane.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Ursumeles
What feats has Bane, that come close to stomping Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

MythLord
We're regarding Bane's defensive powers, not his offensives ones, tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord

I mean, child Zannah was shielding herself from nukes, and I doubt she's anywhere near prime Bane.

Really? Quote? Cause that's hella impressive.

MythLord
"The fires had killed most of the other bouncers. The survivors had all gone mad. All except Laa. Somehow Rain had saved her. She'd used the Force, shielding them both from the burning death and destruction, though she wasn't quite sure how she'd done it. It had just sort of .. . happened. Now she and Laa had nobody left but each other."

Azronger

Zenwolf
"The fires had killed most of the other bouncers. The survivors had all gone mad. All except Laa. Somehow Rain had saved her. She'd used the Force, shielding them both from the burning death and destruction, though she wasn't quite sure how she'd done it. It had just sort of .. . happened. Now she and Laa had nobody left but each other."

Huh...well then. This from which book?

But that's....dang and she's untrained?

Hmm....nice.

JKBart
These were nukes tho? Sounds like regular missiles or shit

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Huh...well then. This from which book?

But that's....dang and she's untrained?

Hmm....nice.

Path of Destruction

Zenwolf
<<

From what I'm reading, she shielded from a ship crashing and there was no nuclear bomb.

MythLord
Um, what? She shielded herself from the Ruusanian Force Storm that was summoned by Bane and the Brohood.

Zenwolf
Um, what? She shielded herself from the Ruusanian Force Storm that was summoned by Bane and the Brohood.

Yeah the thought bomb, but then at that point, the effect didn't seem that powerful since the shuttle wasn't destroyed. The shuttle then crashed and exploded and she shielded herself from that.

Unless I missed something prior?

But there was no nuclear bomb.

MythLord
It was the Force Storm on Ruusan that she shielded herself from, honey.

Rain's ship got shot down and she got saved by Laa far before the Thought Bomb was even detonated, and we don't see her any time after the Force Storm itself. I believe the comic also notes this.

Zenwolf
It was the Force Storm on Ruusan that she shielded herself from.

Rain's ship got shot down and she got saved by Laa far before the Thought Bomb was even detonated, and we don't see her any time after the Force Storm itself. I believe the comic also notes this.

The Epilogue was before the Thought Bomb? What story does that?

But then where's the full quote about the Force Storm?

At any rate, it wasn't a nuke and I'm kinda disappointed.

MythLord
A Force Storm that ravaged groups of Jedi, and destroyed most of the forests should be equivalent to a nuke, ngl.

Anyways, the Epilogue details what happened to Rain after we last saw her, which is when the Force Storm is unleashed, IIRC. She shielded herself and Laa from the fires of the Storm.

Deronn_solo
Destroying fodder Jedi and a forest isn't nuke level, lmao.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Ursumeles
What feats has Bane, that come close to stomping Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

A nuclear explosion has a omnidirectional release of energy. Bane isn't going to receive the full energy released by the blast but just the radiation (heat, atomic and subatomic rays) and the shockwave released in his direction.

I'm skeptical, however, that he can absorb the impact of a modern 5-7 mT nuke without even a rudimentary cover.

Ursumeles
thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Destroying fodder Jedi and a forest isn't nuke level, lmao.

Sweeping across the entire planet's surface, though, destroying everything in it's path...

Ursumeles
An powerful Sith could, but not Bane xD
Nah, Bane probably lives, tbh.

The Merchant
Zannah shielded herself from energies that were destroying the surface of Ruusan. They were stopped since Kaan told Bane to quit it, still wouldn't change the level of power the wave had though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.