Starbreaker Vs Korvac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/KK_zpssceoqvi4.jpg

vs

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/SB_zpsdpnhhhp9.jpg

zopzop
IMHO, Korvac.

Galan007
Wow. This may actually be a good fight for a change. ohhh

Can someone remind me: what are some of Korvac's more noteworthy feats?

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Can someone remind me: what are some of Korvac's more noteworthy feats?
Offensively? He beat down the East and West Coast Avengers, he's beaten the Fantastic Four + Original Guardians of the Galaxy, fought Keeper Surfer and the Guardians, you get the idea. He one shotted Collector BUT that version of the Collector was a geriatric with a heart condition (I'm not kidding, you can look it up yourself).

Defesively? He's hidden himself from the great powers of the universe : Watcher, Eternity, etc...

It should be noted that Kruggar (31st Century Sorcerer Supreme) 'one shotted' him by forcing him into a dimension where his powers didn't work or something.

Galan007
Does he have any feats to suggest that Starbreaker couldn't drain his energy?

zopzop
Does he have any feats to suggest that Starbreaker couldn't drain his energy?
Because Korvac himself is an elite energy drainer. Magic, EM spectrum, etc... he can drain it.

krisblaze
Liking Korvac for this thumb up

Galan007
It would be interesting, then.

Starbreaker's feats sound similar -- what with ragdolling teams of very powerful characters and whathaveyou. As for energy absorption: Starbreaker was capable of draining Dharma... And Dharma was powerful enough to recreate the entire Milestone universe and merge it with the mainstream DCU... Without anyone knowing.

That said, Dharma is obviously far more powerful than Starbreaker. That feat just illustrates how unbounded his absorption abilities are.

Zack M
It would be interesting, then.

Starbreaker's feats sound similar -- what with ragdolling teams of very powerful characters and whathaveyou. As for energy absorption: Starbreaker was capable of draining Dharma... And Dharma was powerful enough to recreate the entire Milestone universe and merge it with the mainstream DCU... Without anyone knowing.

That said, Dharma is obviously far more powerful than Starbreaker. That feat just illustrates how unbounded his absorption abilities are.

Yeah, didn't it require Zatanna going all out to stop him?

iceman24567
Iirc she tried to erase him but only KOed him. Starbreaker wins

Galan007
Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, didn't it require Zatanna going all out to stop him? She packed all of her power into a single spell that was intended to erase him from existence... It barely had an effect at all.

operator616
Both are on the same level when it comes to energy absorption, although it could be argued that Starbreaker is more susceptible to energy siphoning. However, his susceptibility is counteracted by his ability to be empowered by negative emotional energy (which is what empowers him mostly). SB will empower himself with Korvac's negative emotional energy which will give him the edge to defeat him. That's how I see this going.

basilisk
Originally posted by operator616
Both are on the same level when it comes to energy absorption, although it could be argued that Starbreaker is more susceptible to energy siphoning. However, his susceptibility is counteracted by his ability to be empowered by negative emotional energy (which is what empowers him mostly). SB will empower himself with Korvac's negative emotional energy which will give him the edge to defeat him. That's how I see this going. On the other hand, Korvac after his transcendence wasn't someone like Starbreaker who is out to kill, absorb, destroy etc. He was a man on a mission with a grand vision of a united universe with uplifted inhabitants. He genuinely regretted having to kill some of the Avengers, and in his dying moments he used the last of his power to revive them, even though they destroyed his plans. Okay some of the later writers somewhat messed the character up with lesser stories - but he wasn't really an evil, negative guy in the classic arc.

operator616
Originally posted by basilisk
On the other hand, Korvac after his transcendence wasn't someone like Starbreaker who is out to kill, absorb, destroy etc. He was a man on a mission with a grand vision of a united universe with uplifted inhabitants. He genuinely regretted having to kill some of the Avengers, and in his dying moments he used the last of his power to revive them, even though they destroyed his plans. Okay some of the later writers somewhat messed the character up with lesser stories - but he wasn't really an evil, negative guy in the classic arc.

He doesn't have to be evil to feel negative emotions. The starbreaker was feeding on the negative emotions of the JLA, for instance. In the original Korvac saga, Korvac still felt emotions such as anger and rage:

http://imgur.com/8obQTEu

which is what Starbreaker feeds upon. Also Starbreaker is not like the avengers or the GOTG (aka super heroes), so Korvac won't have any compassion for him like he did for them. And even then, by virtue of being the enemy, Michael will instantly have negative feelings towards him which will only empower starbreaker; I mean, remind me again what he did to the collector when he found out his plot against? it sure wasn't compassion.....and the same can be said about The Korvac Quest (which is the same version of Korvac). the only way to avoid this is if Michael actually knows SB's weakness - positive emotional energy -- which he won't.

DarkSaint85
On the one hand, it looked like an even match.

Golgo, you're getting better.

MrMind
Starbreaker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.