Cosmic Armor Superman VERSUS Thanos W/HOTU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
COSMIC ARMOR SUPERMAN

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/82452/1522482-fc_sb_2_0002_cv.jpggg.jpg

VERSUS

Thanos w/HOTU

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg

Stoic
What has Cosmic Armor Superman done? Because Thanos at that level, waved his hand, and everything in that reality disappeared. I mean including the aspect, and abstracts that make up that reality except for Death, and a couple of others that were shielded from his power which included Adam Warlock.*Side Note* AW may be more powerful than many may realize he is. We'll see where they go with that one in the future I guess?

Anyway, what has CAS done?

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
What has Cosmic Armor Superman done? Because Thanos at that level, waved his hand, and everything in that reality disappeared. I mean including the aspect, and abstracts that make up that reality except for Death, and a couple of others that were shielded from his power which included Adam Warlock.*Side Note* AW may be more powerful than many may realize he is. We'll see where they go with that one in the future I guess?

Anyway, what has CAS done?

The Cosmic Armor is a metatextual plot device.

Mandrakk I was a metatextual entity that literally consumed stories. A long time before the events of Final Crisis, Dax Novu (who would become Mandrakk I) created the Thought Robot/Cosmic Armor knowing that it would be the only thing capable of stopping him later. The Thought Robot, powered by Superman and Ultraman, represented the "ultimate story". The armor itself was described as a self-evolving hyper-story, capable of instantly adapting to any threat. In the end, Mandrakk ended up being thrown into the mind of the overvoid, essentially erasing him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
CAS phucking stomps.

Stoic
Okay great. However, Thanos was essentially as powerful as the Overvoid while having the power of rewriting reality as well. So this becomes one of those arguments that will always end in a stalemate. After all, Thanos was then able to bring everything back throughout that reality that he had erased. How can you say that infinite might is more powerful than infinite might, without receiving an epiphany concerning the word stalemate?

Cogito
Trying to argue omnipotents, nigh-omnipotents, and metatextual characters is a futile exercise thumb up

Galan007
Okay great. However, Thanos was essentially as powerful as the Overvoid while having the power of rewriting reality as well. So this becomes one of those arguments that will always end in a stalemate. After all, Thanos was then able to bring everything back throughout that reality that he had erased. How can you say that infinite might is more powerful than infinite might, without receiving an epiphany concerning the word stalemate? THOTI wasn't infinite -- not in the literal/true sense. As was recently revealed, it only represented "a fragmentary glimpse" of TOAA's powers/perceptions/motivations:
http://i.imgur.com/Nneeg3K.jpg

Stoic
Sorry there Galan, but I didn't read anything in that scan to suggest otherwise. Did you use the right scan, or am I missing something? Sorry bout that bud.

Also, was CAS truly all powerful?

Zack M
CA Superman wins.

Stoic
Ohhh. Okay read it over. He was partially there, but he wasn't omniscient. He seemed to possess the omnipotent portion though. Was CAS a true omnipotent and omniscient being? If so then I guess it stomps.

Zack M
He's a metasexual being. Metasexual>>>>All.

Galan007
Sorry there Galan, but I didn't read anything in that scan to suggest otherwise. Did you use the right scan, or am I missing something? Sorry bout that bud.

Also, was CAS truly all powerful? It is definitely the correct scan.

TOAA's power = truly infinite. Thanos /w/ THOTI only possessed "a fragmentary glimpse" of that power. Therefore, he did not possess truly infinite power.

abhilegend
Cosmic Armor

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

TOAA's power = truly infinite. Thanos /w/ THOTI only possessed "a fragmentary glimpse" of that power.

Therefore, he did not possess truly infinite power.
In that case, neither does CAS, or any other cat,

besides the actual power that idealizes/illustrates reality into being.

Above All Others is just another representation of TOAA, namely, the writer/artist portraying him/herself in a book.
This is evident in Thanos' contentious relation with AAO,
which is Thanos symbolically pissed at Starlin who created him.

Anyway, an iota of that kind of power (TOAA kinda power) is greater than ANY other power.

Since that "iota" is part of the power that breaths life, words, and action into your opponent. laughing out loud

apex_pretador
Thanos ditches HOTU and uses IG to kill Thought robot.

Zack M
CA Supes.

Mindship
CAS ftw. He is the trans-story essence of the hero archetype.

iceman24567
CAS wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.