Smartest species in the galaxy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Hm? Curious if anyone knows, there's a few around but is there an overall species which is the greatest in intellect?

JKBart
Well, among the most common I would think of Chiss, Vurks and Biths, with Biths the first. Not sure about the rarest ones.

chingchangwalla
Yeah Biths

Beniboybling
Any reason to believe Bith are more intelligent than Muuns?

Zenwolf
I was thinking Bith, but I'm not sure if there's any other species I'm missing that might have greater intellect.

Beniboybling
Muuns, quite.

Zenwolf
Muuns struck me as more mathematicians, focused on one thing, which is great, but I'm talking an overall greater intellect.

Beniboybling
Which reflects a more capable brain. But are we talking their biological ability or the intellectual standing of their culture?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Which reflects a more capable brain. But are we talking their biological ability or the intellectual standing of their culture?

Just a general overall intellect....so the latter I suppose. Though Bith have some pretty giant brains themselves and could do things from mathematics to science stuff.

Beniboybling
Humans are probably the top then, other species like Bith and Muun might have more computational power, but humans overall have consistently produced the greatest and most successful minds, and it's one of the reasons they are most dominant species in the galaxy.

Other than that I'd say some of the ancient species like Gree and particularly the Rakata, also the Hutts.

Emperordmb
Beni! How dare you imply other races are inferior!!!

JKBart
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Beni! How dare you imply other races are inferior!!!

ngl that was 10/10 jab at yesterday chat smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Beni! How dare you imply other races are inferior!!! smile

ares834
Givin perhaps.

DarthAnt66
Celestials aside, easily the Gree or Kwa.

Darth Abonis
You forgot the Columi. Those guys were geniuses!

Sheev
Who is generally regarded as the most intelligent race or species in the galaxy?

Total Warrior
Kaminoans likely

Sheev
You think they are all around some of the smartest?

Zentrex
Bith and Cerean are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't know if Munns were especially intelligent. There should be a list on YouTube somewhere, a lot of names are slipping me.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Zentrex
Bith and Cerean are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't know if Munns were especially intelligent. There should be a list on YouTube somewhere, a lot of names are slipping me.

Muuns are said to be great businessmen.

Well, it did not turn out so well for Hego.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Sheev
Who is generally regarded as the most intelligent race or species in the galaxy? Vulcans.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Muuns are said to be great businessmen.

Well, it did not turn out so well for Hego. Muuns are very smart, but they are mostly just scheming bankers in new canon.

Zentrex
Could these be meshed?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t666374.html

Galan007
Sure.

I'll do it now.

Eli Vanto
Are the Chiss still some of the smartest in new canon?

S_W_LeGenD
Humans.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Are the Chiss still some of the smartest in new canon? Outside of Thrawn, Ar'alani, and a few Force-sensitive Chiss children, the Chiss Ascendancy as a whole hasn't really been explored much in canon.

But even if your 'average' Chiss is remotely close to Thrawn's level, then they'd be at/near the top.

Total Warrior
Yeah also humans^ there is a reason if they are the most powerful species in the galaxy

Sheev
Originally posted by Galan007
Outside of Thrawn, Ar'alani, and a few Force-sensitive Chiss children, the Chiss Ascendancy as a whole hasn't really been explored much in canon.

But even if your 'average' Chiss is remotely close to Thrawn's level, then they'd be at/near the top. But then the question is if all the Chiss are like Thrawn or if he's just an outlier?? mmm

Zentrex
No other chiss has come to the forefront like Thrawn has. He impacted the Galaxy more than any of the rest of them. I'd say outlier is a safe bet.

Galan007
thumb up

I don't remember much about the Chiss species in Legends(outside of Thrawn), but in canon he still seems to be a notch or two above the others. Even Admiral Ar'alani, who Thrawn himself considers to be a master strategist/tactician, is still definitely below him in that respect.

I'd also note that Thrawn's intelligence isn't just limited to battle tactics and whatnot -- it's just what he's the most known for. He has also shown an unreal aptitude towards science and technology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.