Ahsoka(Rebels) and Kanan vs Maul(Rebels) and Ezra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKnight
Who wins ?

Force
Sabers
All out

Bonus round: Change season 2 Ezra and kanan to season 3

red8
Ahsoka vs Maul: I see Maul edging this, but it would take time to win.
Kanan vs Ezra: I see Kanan winning, but Ezra would be able to hold out for a little while.

Since there won't be any quick victories, I think team 2 would win after Maul defeats Ahsoka.

Bonus: Season 3 character incarnations are unknowns at this point.

UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka is Maul's equal on a DS nexus. She beats him.

Kanan is superior to Ezra and would defeat him quickly if they were to engage in real combat.

Team 1 in a not very good fight.

Kurk
Team 2 in a good fight with season 3 characters.
Team 2 (really Maul solos) with season 2 characters in a fight that goes like TPM.

|King Joker|
laughing out loud

chingchangwalla
Ahsoka solos tbh.

TheKnight
Originally posted by Kurk
Team 2 in a good fight with season 3 characters.
Team 2 (really Maul solos) with season 2 characters in a fight that goes like TPM.

So your saying that by the end of the fight maul will force push ahsoka into a pit and start hitting the floor with his lightsaber and stare at ahsoka, giving time for ahsoka to force pull her lightsaber, jump and slice maul in two making maul fall into the pit. laughing out loud

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka is Maul's equal on a DS nexus. She beats him.

Kanan is superior to Ezra and would defeat him quickly if they were to engage in real combat.

Team 1 in a not very good fight. Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Ahsoka solos tbh.

Kurk
Maul quickly kills Kanan and solos Ahsoka. It's not hard. This is of course a Maul in a serious state of mind. Ataru suffers from a weak defense so Ahsoka can only last so long until she's breached.

|King Joker|
>implying Maul would actually be on the offensive

Kurk
She attacks, he finds an opening and presses his attacks. It goes back and forth. The power/skill level difference is not Sidious vs Kit. Tano's not pressing him back forever if at all.

ares834
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Ahsoka solos tbh.

Kurk
What feats were added to Tano other than Vader to make people wank her unusually hard recently?

|King Joker|
It's almost as if she stalemated Maul on a dark side nexus, and the logical conclusion would be that she's superior to him on neutral ground. Hmmmmm. mmm

DarthDuelist9
A case can be made for either side to be honest, Maul edges out Ahsoka while Kanan edges out Ezra at this point.

Bonus round could be for team 2 because of Ezra's improvement but Kanan could still be his superior (depending on his state of mind).

Petrus
Obviously Kanan and Ahsoka.

If it's Ahsoka vs. Maul: Kanan defeats Ezra and helps Ahsoka and they stomp Maul together.

If it's Ahsoka vs. Ezra: Ahsoka stomps Ezra fast and helps Kanan against Maul. They stomp again.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
It's almost as if she stalemated Maul on a dark side nexus, and the logical conclusion would be that she's superior to him on neutral ground. Hmmmmm. mmm

Stalemated him in a fight which of the majority was off screen and was interrupted twice, not to mention that we have no idea how much the Nexus influenced the fight.

Petrus
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Statlemated him in a fight which of the majority was off screen and was interrupted twice, not to mention that we have no idea how much the Nexus influenced the fight.

It doesn't matter that much, tbh. They fighting evenly, but it was a very brief duel. Filoni already established that Ahsoka > Maul. I don't think she's better by a big margin, but she is better.

Beniboybling
Ahsoka solos tbh. smile

Kurk
You mean run away from Maul, right?Originally posted by Petrus
Obviously Kanan and Ahsoka.

If it's Ahsoka vs. Maul: Kanan defeats Ezra and helps Ahsoka and they stomp Maul together.

If it's Ahsoka vs. Ezra: Ahsoka stomps Ezra fast and helps Kanan against Maul. They stomp again.
You really believe that Kanan will provide enough to help Tano significantly? It's just Jinn & Kenobi vs Maul all over again.

|King Joker|
Stalemated him in a fight which of the majority was off screen and was interrupted twice, not to mention that we have no idea how much the Nexus influenced the fight. Who gives a shit if it was off screen? We know that Maul made no headway against Ahsoka when we cut back to the fight, and even if it was interrupted the first portion was still over a minute IIRC. Even if the nexus amp hypothetically wasn't that large, Maul was still amped, plain and simple, and Ahsoka stalemated him.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Petrus
It doesn't matter that much, tbh. They fighting evenly, but it was a very brief duel. Filoni already established that Ahsoka > Maul. I don't think she's better by a big margin, but she is better.

Filoni never established Ahsoka > Maul, he was talking about when she was first introduced. The SW site actually implies the opposite, Maul is Ahsoka's superior.

|King Joker|
You mean run away from Maul, right? Are you that mentally inhibited that you can't understand basic context in a children's show?

Petrus
You mean run away from Maul, right?

She ran away because she was going to save Ezra from Vader. confused

It's not really Jinn & Kenobi because Ahsoka > Maul. So, it's someone who is superior to Maul + another Jedi. Yeah, it's enough.

Petrus
Filoni never established Ahsoka > Maul, he was talking about when she was first introduced. The SW site actually implies the opposite, Maul is Ahsoka's superior.

Filoni literally says only Sidious and Vader can match Ahsoka blow-for-blow.

DarthDuelist9
Who gives a shit if it was off screen? We know that Maul made no headway against Ahsoka when we cut back to the fight, and even if it was interrupted the first portion was still over a minute IIRC. Even if the nexus amp hypothetically wasn't that large, Maul was still amped, plain and simple, and Ahsoka stalemated him.

Because you neglect the biggest part of the fight by assuming nobody gained any kind of edge in the offscreen part. It' the same as saying Obi-Wan > Maul because he defeated him in TPM while completely ignoring the fight itself.

Sure he was amped, but enough to noticeable affect him? No idea.

|King Joker|
maul can protect ezra agenst inquiziters bttr tht meens he ken beat ashoka

DarthDuelist9
Filoni literally says only Sidious and Vader can match Ahsoka blow-for-blow.

He was talking about when Ahsoka was introduced in the show, when Maul didn't even make an appearence.

Petrus
He was talking about when Ahsoka was introduced in the show, when Maul didn't even make an appearence.

And Filoni didn't know of Maul's role in the show, or..?

DarthDuelist9
And Filoni didn't know of Maul's role in the show, or..?

He wasn't known to the audience at that point so he can't be included in the thinking process to explain why Ahsoka wasn't used much in the beginning.

|King Joker|
Because you neglect the biggest part of the fight by assuming nobody gained any kind of edge in the offscreen part. It' the same as saying Obi-Wan > Maul because he defeated him in TPM while completely ignoring the fight itself.

Sure he was amped, but enough to noticeable affect him? No idea. It isn't a huge leap in logic to assume no one gained an advantage when Ahsoka was shown in the same position guarding Kanan with Maul having made no progress after a minute of dueling. You'd think if he was superior to Ahsoka she would've been pushed back with Kanan killed or something, but after an extended duel Maul accomplished nothing. And hey, even if Maul did somehow galn an edge in the part we didn't see, it obviously didn't last long.

It affected the Inquisitors enough that they could fly all across the temple with their lightsabers, so I don't know why Maul's amp wouldn't have at least been somewhat noticeable.

Beniboybling
Are you that mentally inhibited that you can't understand basic context in a children's show? thumb up

On the other hand Joker is on the money, neither Maul nor Ahsoka gained ground over one another in the off-screen engagement, that or whatever ground was gained was conceded. And the only advantage present in that fight belongs to Tano.

Regardless irrespective of what you infer from SW.com, they are evidently extremely close as combatants, on top of the added possibility Maul was amped by the nexus. So to assert that Maul can handle Ahsoka and Kanan like he did Jinn & Kenobi is legit retarded.

DarthDuelist9
It isn't a huge leap in logic to assume no one gained an advantage when Ahsoka was shown in the same position guarding Kanan with Maul having made no progress after a minute of dueling. You'd think if he was superior to Ahsoka she would've been pushed back with Kanan killed or something, but after an extended duel Maul accomplished nothing. And hey, even if Maul did somehow galn an edge in the part we didn't see, it obviously didn't last long.

It affected the Inquisitors enough that they could fly all across the temple with their lightsabers, so I don't know why Maul's amp wouldn't have at least been somewhat noticeable.

We didn't even see them beginning to duel when the screen went to Ezra climbing the Temple. Even assuming the just dueled off screen then it would seem extremely weird to two mobile fighters like Maul and Ahsoka wouldn't have moved a single meter, especially since when we see them fight they are jumping around all over the place.

Sure, fair point. I can actually use that to wank Ezra.

Petrus
He wasn't known to the audience at that point so he can't be included in the thinking process to explain why Ahsoka wasn't used much in the beginning.

We know Vader > Maul, right? Filoni said only Sidious and Vader can go blow-for-blow against Ahsoka. And we saw the fight she put up against Vader. And we saw how she humiliated two Inqs simultaneously. Everything points to Ahsoka > Maul, except their very brief encounter in which Ahsoka was in a hurry to head off and save Ezra.

DarthDuelist9
We know Vader > Maul, right? Filoni said only Sidious and Vader can go blow-for-blow against Ahsoka. And we saw the fight she put up against Vader. And we saw how she humiliated two Inqs simultaneously. Everything points to Ahsoka > Maul, except their very brief encounter in which Ahsoka was in a hurry to head off and save Ezra.

I'm not going to repeat myself for the third time.

Petrus
I'm not going to repeat myself for the third time.

What you said would make sense only if Ahsoka didn't manage so well against Vader, whereas Maul openly admits he wouldn't go against Vader. Add Ahsoka's showings against the Inqs , and it only makes more sense. The fact that Filoni's claims were said prior to Maul's re-emergence in SW canon doesn't matter, because nothing actually contradicts what Filoni said in the first place.

DarthDuelist9
What you said would make sense only if Ahsoka didn't manage so well against Vader, whereas Maul openly admits he wouldn't go against Vader. Add Ahsoka's showings against the Inqs , and it only makes more sense. The fact that Filoni's claims were said prior to Maul's re-emergence in SW canon doesn't matter, because nothing actually contradicts what Filoni said in the first place.

It matters because you used it was the sole base of your argumentation. Regarding the rest, Maul admitted inferiority only to keep the Ghost crew there since right after that he actually tries to kill the persons that are supposed to help him take on Vader. Secondly, Ahsoka was defeated by Vader so what's exactly your point? Her stomping two inquisitors, a showing she couldn't replicate in the Season 2 finale, doesn't prove anything especially since Maul was pushing back three inquisitors at once (the inquisitors should have improved by this point looking at how they put up a far better performance against Ahsoka).

Beniboybling
He made that statement post-Twilight of the Apprentice fyi.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He made that statement post-Twilight of the Apprentice fyi.

Doesn't matter, he was explaining why Ahsoka didn't do much in the beginning. He couldn't possibly name Maul since he wasn't a thing back then.

Beniboybling
He's reflecting on Season Two as a whole, and states that the only people in "this time period" who could match Ahsoka are Vader and the Emperor. So no, your explanation relies on constructed contexts I'm afraid.

DarthDuelist9
He's reflecting on Season Two as a whole, and states that the only people in "this time period" who could match Ahsoka are Vader and the Emperor. So no, your explanation relies on constructed contexts I'm afraid.

He's talking about why she didn't made many appaerences in Season 2, Maul's only a part of Season 2 in the very end so he can't be included when talking about the rest of Season 2. the "this time period" can as easily mean the time covered by Season 2, not necessarely the entire OT period.

Petrus

Yep. thumb up

It matters because you used it was the sole base of your argumentation.

This was my argumentation because of the reasons I just wrote above... I don't see your point?

Those are assumptions. We don't know the real reason, but not only does Maul himself says it, also his voice-actor and this is further supported by Filoni stating this post-Twilight of the Apprentice, now that Beni has cleared it up .

My point is Ahsoka managed quite well against Vader, so it's a good indicative of where she stands powerwise and it fits accordingly in Filoni's statements. She's shown to be capable of completely stomping two Inqs at once , regardless of what happens in the finale. She is capable of doing so; we've seen it first-hand, and the circumstances were also very different in that last chapter.

Maul pushed back three Inqs for like eight seconds before the others joined the fight, and he didn't exactly 'push back', he evaded a few attacks and delivered a couple of strikes.

Beniboybling
He's talking about why she didn't made many appaerences in Season 2, Maul's only a part of Season 2 in the very end so he can't be included when talking about the rest of Season 2. the "this time period" can as easily mean the time covered by Season 2, not necessarely the entire OT period. Friend Vader only appeared twice, at the beginning and ending of S2, and the Emperor did not appear at all, and probably never will. So by your logic they shouldn't be included either. He's talking about the OT time period in general, obviously. And even if we assumed he was referring only to the time in which Season 2 covered, Maul still exists within that period, he's just not on-screen until the end.

Really I'm open to alternate interpretations of Filoni's remark but this reading is a desperately reaching one.

Beniboybling
Her stomping two inquisitors, a showing she couldn't replicate in the Season 2 finale, doesn't prove anything especially since Maul was pushing back three inquisitors at once (the inquisitors should have improved by this point looking at how they put up a far better performance against Ahsoka). That could just as easily be attributed to the properties of the dark side nexus, and frankly is a more logical explanation.

Petrus
That could just as easily be attributed to the properties of the dark side nexus, and frankly is a more logical explanation.

thumb up

Kurk
Are you that mentally inhibited that you can't understand basic context in a children's show? All interpretations are valid by definitionOriginally posted by Petrus
She ran away because she was going to save Ezra from Vader. confused

It's not really Jinn & Kenobi because Ahsoka > Maul. So, it's someone who is superior to Maul + another Jedi. Yeah, it's enough.
She had to "save Ezra" because she knew that Maul was too powerful for her to defeat soundly.
You haven't said why you think Tano is clearly superior to Maul. Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up

On the other hand Joker is on the money, neither Maul nor Ahsoka gained ground over one another in the off-screen engagement, that or whatever ground was gained was conceded. And the only advantage present in that fight belongs to Tano.

Regardless irrespective of what you infer from SW.com, they are evidently extremely close as combatants, on top of the added possibility Maul was amped by the nexus. So to assert that Maul can handle Ahsoka and Kanan like he did Jinn & Kenobi is legit retarded.
I am saying that Kanan is a non-factor to significantly affect the fight. It is like saying Yoda + Kenobi is enough to handily defeat Sidious.
So in reality it is really Maul vs Kenobi + Jinn. Going off the movie only, Jinn was the only real threat during the fight. Kenobi was man-handled whenever he got close.

DarthDuelist9
Friend Vader only appeared twice, at the beginning and ending of S2, and the Emperor did not appear at all, and probably never will. So by your logic they shouldn't be included either. He's talking about the OT time period in general, obviously. And even if we assumed he was referring only to the time in which Season 2 covered, Maul still exists within that period, he's just not on-screen until the end.

Really I'm open to alternate interpretations of Filoni's remark but this reading is a desperately reaching one.

He's talking about Season 2, why he would include the entire OT era is a mystery to me. He's explaining why Ahsoka wasn't used much in the rest of Season 2, which is because the only villians that can match her at that time are Vader & Emperor. Why isn't Maul included in this list? Well he wasn't there, he's trapped on Malachor V so he isn't part of the rest of Season 2 and hereby he couldn't be an antagonist for the rest of the season. Understanding context isn't really that difficult.

DarthDuelist9
That could just as easily be attributed to the properties of the dark side nexus, and frankly is a more logical explanation.

You just decided that by yourself? The inquisitors could have just as easily improved, Kanan & Ezra did so, what stops them from doing something similar? In the end it's probably a combination of a lot of factors so saying one has preference over the other is unsupported (at this point). This is frankly the last time I'm actually going to respond on this subject, it really gets boring repeating something over and over again.

Beniboybling
He's talking about Season 2, why he would include the entire OT era is a mystery to me. He's explaining why Ahsoka wasn't used much in the rest of Season 2, which is because the only villians that can match her at that time are Vader & Emperor. Why isn't Maul included in this list? Well he wasn't there, he's trapped on Malachor V so he isn't part of the rest of Season 2 and hereby he couldn't be an antagonist for the rest of the season. Understanding context isn't really that difficult. facepalm

Did you read a thing I said? I've already explained to you why Maul's absence is a non-factor, the Emperor wasn't there either, Vader was barely there at all. And I really needn't explain how time period refers to a period of time not on-screen narrative events, or rather story.

Beniboybling
You just decided that by yourself? The inquisitors could have just as easily improved, Kanan & Ezra did so, what stops them from doing something similar? In the end it's probably a combination of a lot of factors so saying one has preference over the other is unsupported (at this point). This is frankly the last time I'm actually going to respond on this subject, it really gets boring repeating something over and over again. I 'decided it' based on what evidence we have of the planet amplifying their powers, on the other hand the fact that the dramatically improved over the course of a single year is purely supposition, and highly unlikely considering that Kanan & Ezra are doing much better against them than in the past.

Not that I reject the idea that they did not improve at all.

quanchi112
Maul wins. He's the best here hands down. He is Vader's superior after all.

red8
It's quite sad how hard the Ahsoka fans in this topic are reaching for something that isn't there. She most certainly doesn't stomp Maul and there haven't been any good arguments for why she would beat him.

quanchi112
They are biased. Simple as that.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by quanchi112
He is Vader's superior after all.
Originally posted by quanchi112
They are biased. Simple as that.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic) What did I say that was biased ?

Darth Thor
^ Quanchi like to talk in opposites.

Beni, do you really believe Maul can't match Ahsoka blow for blow?

And yes the context was when Ahsoka was introduced, which was actually the S2 finale. Maul was presumably stuck in the Temple that whole time.

Not to mention Maul already DID match Ahsoka blow for blow.

quanchi112
I have still d. Thor by his fictional balls. He is my servant. You'll never live down the cowardly exit of the Khan/Vader battlezone.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Beni, do you really believe Maul can't match Ahsoka blow for blow?

And yes the context was when Ahsoka was introduced, which was actually the S2 finale. Maul was presumably stuck in the Temple that whole time.

Not to mention Maul already DID match Ahsoka blow for blow. The contexts was the OT time period, and Season 2 as a whole, to infer anything else is to read into the text.

As for whether Maul can match Ahsoka blow for blow on neutral ground, that depends on the extent to which he benefited from the temple.Originally posted by red8
It's quite sad how hard the Ahsoka fans in this topic are reaching for something that isn't there. She most certainly doesn't stomp Maul and there haven't been any good arguments for why she would beat him. Quality input, you should consider debating more often.

chingchangwalla
Beni, as much as I'm on the Ahsoka train, saying Maul can't match her blow for blow is a little insane

Beniboybling
Good thing I never said that then. smile

chingchangwalla
Good thing I never said that then. smile
Schweet. My mistake embarrasment

Darth Thor
The contexts was the OT time period, and Season 2 as a whole, to infer anything else is to read into the text.

Didn't sound like that to me. So unless you personally know Dave, that's just your interpretation.

In any case, Filoni's words are meaningless when he outright showed Maul matching Ahsoka blow for blow. Death of the author applies here. Especially given that same interview made it clear that Filoni doesn't get the final word. The Story Group does.

As for whether Maul can match Ahsoka blow for blow on neutral ground, that depends on the extent to which he benefited from the temple.

That's fine if you want to overblow this nexus thing which isn't even confirmed by any official source.

But if you're clinging to Filoni's words, like I said before, he's never once factored in dark side nexus's to any of his Saber fights.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Didn't sound like that to me. So unless you personally know Dave, that's just your interpretation.And yet the context you claim is apparently fact...

Regardless, I actually read the article and it says:

http://i.imgur.com/k4kFN8X.png

http://i.imgur.com/7aXvxcO.png

So yes, the contexts are S2 as a whole and the OT time period. Naturally I'm eager to hear whatever else suggests otherwise.
I'm not asking you to take Filoni's words as fact, merely pointing out your misinterpretation of his statement. Regardless it's evidently not just Filoni's opinion considering he says:

http://i.imgur.com/AgkZxUb.pngIt's been indicated by Gilroy, a lead writer. And I'm not clinging to anything dear, but both the suggestion and possibility is there.

Darth Thor

Beniboybling
1. Which he did by stating the contexts to be the OT time period lmao, it couldn't be any more clear. And you've yet to provide a reason for why Maul is excluded from those contexts.

2. I'm not sure how that proves your point, he's evidently referring to Season 2 as a whole considering how he describes how he wanted to avoid it becoming "the Ahsoka Tano Show", not any one specific set of episodes.

The problem they had with bringing Ahsoka in at any one point being that like Yoda, she is too powerful for any but a select few to face. Those few, being Vader and the Emperor. He is not making the point that they wanted to avoid bringing those two characters in to face off against Ahsoka, but that nobody else besides them would be a match for her.

Maul being otherwise engaged and not present for most of the season being a non-factor, because the Emperor is also both of those things to an even greater degree, and yet he mentions him anyway. It also should be somewhat obvious that Filoni's is referring to antagonists only.

3. Lmao calm down Thor, as I said to Jman I'm open to alternate explanations e.g. Maul is technically not off the OT time period, but the PT time period. But no, these particular contexts are just forced. Sorry.

4. Yes it does, but your presumption that this is just Filoni's opinion is evidently incorrect.

5. And unless the Sith Temple is somehow able to interact with the mechanics of their lightsabers, or just has some really strong wind currents, the most logical explanation for why is that it was a place strong in the dark side, as these spots tend to be.

Regardless you continue to contradict yourself, you argue that its ultimately not up to Filoni, and yet continue to use Filoni's personal viewpoints to counter the notion. So is Filoni an authority of this subject or not?

TheKnight
So who wins after the change of opinion of maul in kmc. smile

chingchangwalla
Ezra ragolls Kanan. Maul takes Ahsoka

Ursumeles
Kanan solos.

Beniboybling
Ahsoka still solos.

Ursumeles
Kanan still solos.
Fixed

SunRazer
Ahsoka might solo - for a minority. Team 1 wins, anyhow.

TheKnight
Ahsoka still solos.

Originally posted by SunRazer
Ahsoka might solo - for a minority. Team 1 wins, anyhow.

Where do you rank Ahsoka?

SunRazer
Above Maul, evidently.

Beni, if Ezra and Kanan swapped teams, what would the outcome be?

UCanShootMyNova
Maul and Kanan would win if you were to do that.

Beniboybling
Ahsoka still solos, Ezra and Kanan are non factors here.

Though if this is Season 3 Kanan & Ezra, Ezra might actually be the better fighter.

UCanShootMyNova
False.

For both.

Beniboybling
Suck it.

Fuggot.

UCanShootMyNova
You'd like that wouldn't you. smile

Beniboybling
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.