The Maestro VERSUS Kurse: TO THE DEATH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Maestro

http://www.thecomicbookcast.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Future-Imperfect.jpg

VERSUS

Kurse

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111147054/4254384-4199992-2955961886-kurse.jpg

TO THE DEATH

Dareangel
Kurse

carver9
Maestro

zopzop
Beyonder enhanced Kurse wins.

ShadowFyre
I dont know. I feel like Maestro maybe could with healing factor.

DTM
Id say Maestro could beat the original 2xThor level Kurse, but not the later enhanced 4xThor level Kurse.

DarkSaint85
Didn't Maestro get pimp slapped by an alt Surfer?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Yup. Now that u mention it i dont recall a hulk having a good feat for in awhile.

ShadowFyre
he also had a good showong against Ulik who is like half a thor.

carver9

Which tells us how powerful THAT Surfer is. Didn't this 4 times Kurse get stalemated in a strength lock by Thor.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yup. Now that u mention it i dont recall a hulk having a good feat for in awhile.

Of course you would jump on the band wagon when someone bring up a low for Hulk. Anyways, this happened....

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Maestro/FutureImperfect04c_zpspmtpdu1a.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Maestro/FutureImperfect04f_zpsl5rvvubr.jpg

If you don't consider this a high then I don't know what to tell ya.

abhilegend
That it took several attacks from Maestro and Ulik wasn't even koed? Not to mention PAD himself said Maestro wasn't above Thor and Thor could match him in strength in Future Imperfect.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
That it took several attacks from Maestro and Ulik wasn't even koed? Not to mention PAD himself said Maestro wasn't above Thor and Thor could match him in strength in Future Imperfect.

thumb up

Did you read the story? You're right, Maestro wasnt trying to dig information about the Destroyer out of him. ABHI is so smart.

abhilegend
By beating the shit out of him? Yeah right.

erm

carver9
By beating the shit out of him? Yeah right.

erm

What should he have done to a fighting Ulik that he is trying to get information out of? Kissed him? You're so smart ABHI.

abhilegend
You're an idiot.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Which tells us how powerful THAT Surfer is. Didn't this 4 times Kurse get stalemated in a strength lock by Thor.

Surfer has always had hulks number. Not a bad thing actually

Of course you would jump on the band wagon when someone bring up a low for Hulk. Anyways, this happened....

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Maestro/FutureImperfect04c_zpspmtpdu1a.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Maestro/FutureImperfect04f_zpsl5rvvubr.jpg

If you don't consider this a high then I don't know what to tell ya.

You call that impressive? hulk (any incarnation) hasnt had a good fight since before secret wars. I mean Hulk books arent about good storylines, excellent character development or fluid plots anymore they are about hitting shit right? That's the only reason to look at a hulk book yet the character hasnt done anything noteworthy in awhile. Cho beat a dragon, fought an old man, missed a chance to own Thor, pushed a ship smh lame. Maestro CONSIDERING ALL THE GAMMA HE'S ABSORBED AND HOW POWERFUL HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHOULDA ONE SHOT ULIK PERIOD.

Even Banners death was pathetic. Just stop.

carver9
Surfer has always had hulks number. Not a bad thing actually

You call that impressive? hulk (any incarnation) hasnt had a good fight since before secret wars. I mean Hulk books arent about good storylines, excellent character development or fluid plots anymore they are about hitting shit right? That's the only reason to look at a hulk book yet the character hasnt done anything noteworthy in awhile. Cho beat a dragon, fought an old man, missed a chance to own Thor, pushed a ship smh lame. Maestro CONSIDERING ALL THE GAMMA HE'S ABSORBED AND HOW POWERFUL HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHOULDA ONE SHOT ULIK PERIOD.

Even Banners death was pathetic. Just stop.

No he hasn't.

What's the last Hulk book you read?

Why would Maestro one shot Ulik when he intentions were to get information about the Destroyer armor? It's like I'm talking to a bunch of people that isn't thinking logically. Let's say if Maestro one punch koed or killed Ulik, using your comic expertise, how would he have gotten the information from Ulik (which he was able to get after destroying Ulik) that is either killed or one shot koed.?

Sin I AM
No he hasn't.

What's the last Hulk book you read?

Why would Maestro one shot Ulik when he intentions were to get information about the Destroyer armor? It's like I'm talking to a bunch of people that isn't thinking logically. Let's say if Maestro one punch koed or killed Ulik, using your comic expertise, how would he have gotten the information from Ulik (which he was able to get after destroying Ulik) that is either killed or one shot koed.?

TAH # 8 or 9...i dont like the series and despise Civil War 2 but meh im a comic nerd.

Hulk had all the information he needed when theyfell thru the cave. After that it was clobbering time. Ross n whats her name even got free shots in. As far as your question goes

If im trying to get information from a group of hoods the first thing im gonna do is knock out the strongest guy in the room. PD phoned that series in imo

carver9
TAH # 8 or 9...i dont like the series and despise Civil War 2 but meh im a comic nerd.

Hulk had all the information he needed when theyfell thru the cave. After that it was clobbering time. Ross n whats her name even got free shots in. As far as your question goes

If im trying to get information from a group of hoods the first thing im gonna do is knock out the strongest guy in the room. PD phoned that series in imo

Maestro didn't have anything. They didn't bump into Ulik to purposely fight him...he had information on the Destroyer they needed so if Hulk went in there and did the opposite, killed him, Ulik wouldn't of gave them the information they needed. Maestro did the right thing and beat the hell out of him until he spilled what they needed to know.

Ok, you're talking about a group of people which is different. Let's say Sin stole a couple of million from me and hid it in a spot that no one knows of except you, Sin. I decide to pry this information from you so I show up at your house with a gun and grenades. Which attempt should I make to get that information from you?

Shoot you in the skull and throw a live grenade on your corpse or...

Shoot your knee caps out and threaten to shoot you in other areas minus vital points.

Think real hard on this.

carver9
Maestro didn't have anything. They didn't bump into Ulik to purposely fight him...he had information on the Destroyer they needed so if Hulk went in there and did the opposite, killed him, Ulik wouldn't of gave them the information they needed. Maestro did the right thing and beat the hell out of him until he spilled what they needed to know.

Ok, you're talking about a group of people which is different. Let's say Sin stole a couple of million from me and hid it in a spot that no one knows of except you, Sin. You decide to pry this information from me so you show up at my house with a gun and grenades. Which attempt should you make to get that information from me?

Shoot me in the skull and throw a live grenade on your corpse or...

Shoot my knee caps out and threaten to shoot you in other areas minus vital points.

Think real hard on this.

I reworded this. I shouldn't have used either of us in this post. You can shoot me sin. Only this one time.

Sin I AM

Ok, you're talking about a group of people which is different. Let's say Sin stole a couple of million from me and hid it in a spot that no one knows of except you, Sin. I decide to pry this information from you so I show up at your house with a gun and grenades. Which attempt should I make to get that information from you?

Shoot you in the skull and throw a live grenade on your corpse or...

Shoot your knee caps out and threaten to shoot you in other areas minus vital points.

Think real hard on this.

Hmmm. Lets be friends carver. I feel like we've been at each others throats and i want to bury the hatchet (atleast until u piss me off again).

Anyway imo i think Maestro SHOULD have one shot him, woke him up, repeat. But PDs pacing in that story sucked and i think he really wanted to wrap it up. For what it's worth it was a good showing. Not TIER defining or awe inspiring but good. Maestro as i see him is above standard class 100s like Thor/Herc/Hulk. And Ulik AT HIS BEST is a Thor peer. Issue with that is with characters like Ulik and Kalibak, Blonsky, etc their wins/loss ratio suck ass. IMO they arent Hulk level threats more like Thing level (and only average Thing not a serious Heartforce inspired Ben Grimm). I dont see the Odinson, trh Prince of Power or the Green Scar no selling a punch from Ulik but i dont see them losing either.

Also id like to add in Uliks defense. Maestro is above Thor & company (sans &#128296wink. So this isnt a low showing for him either. Especially given he was still on his feet and speaking normally although winded. Which kinda supports your interrogation theory.

LordofBrooklyn
Sin FEARS you, Carver!!!!

iceman24567
Lordofbullshit move on tramp

Stoic
Not entirely sure about this one, but to bring up the Silver Surfer as some sort of proof as to how well Kurse would operate against Maestro in similar fashion, is faulty. The Surfer has the ability to add the Hulk's power to his own considerable might, which has been seen in every fight, or tussle that he's had with gamma mutates. Kurse is unable to do this. Just wanted people to keep that bit of trivia in mind.

I think that Maestro has a very clear chance, as he would only need to exceed Kurse's level of strength. Kurse has hit Thor, and Thor was able to get back up repeatedly. Kurse has also shown that he has a very difficult time defeating opponents that are nearly, or exactly as strong as he is, not to mention if they are stronger. Maestro has an epic healing factor to mitigate crap loads of damage, and decent durability as well if we take a look at how easily he dealt with Ulik. No he didn't one shot him, but he certainly could have. He was simply beating on him to teach him a lesson in life. This isn't something that should be difficult for most people to realize, since he was actually giving Ulik a speech as he spanked him like a child.

Maestro's calculating mind enables him to amplify his might at a higher rate than the Savage Hulk would be able to (being able to tap in on memorized events that royally cheesed him off.). We saw a dramatic strength increase during Future Imperfect, when he could have killed Merged Hulk, if not for plot device saving him. Just brought up the last part, because someone in another thread questioned whether or not Maestro, has the ability to amplify his strength.

Yep Maestro could win. Kurse wins if he manages to KO Maestro before he overtakes his level of strength though.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lordofbullshit move on tramp

HAVE YOU GROWN TIRED OF LIVING!!!!!

Stoic
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/3661651-silver+surfer+12+020.jpg

abhilegend
erm

Stoic
erm

Are you in disagreement that the Silver Surfer has shown power over gamma mutates? What's the face for?

Insane Titan
Kurse wins

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Are you in disagreement that the Silver Surfer has shown power over gamma mutates? What's the face for?
He didn't drain Maestro there. And only time he amped on gamma radiation was when Bruce Banner made him drain the radiation with a special machine.

To think he was amping there is stretching at best.

DarkSaint85
Titans' back yay!

Insane Titan
Titans' back yay! lol

quanchi112
Maestro wins.

Stoic
He didn't drain Maestro there. And only time he amped on gamma radiation was when Bruce Banner made him drain the radiation with a special machine.

To think he was amping there is stretching at best.

It isn't stretching anything. If you had the ability to end a fight before it got out of hand would you? That was exactly what the Surfer did. If you say no, that would mean one of two things. You enjoy fighting, or you'd be someone that wasn't too bright IMO. Not an insult BTW. The Surfer has never been portrayed as a doltish character, and thus what I see him doing to the Abomination is exactly the same thing that he did to the Hulk. He has a lot of power over gamma mutates as I said earlier. Anyway, we're arguing semantics at this point. Maestro could win this.

zopzop
Maestro could win this.
Stoic my friend, I don't think Maestro can even take one win against Classic Beyonder Enchanced Kurse.

Let me explain. Everyone remembers him ragdolling Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of Strength. Everyone remembers it took the combined power of Stormbreaker and Mjolnir channeled through Energizer (of the Power Pack) to even KO him.

What people DON'T remember is PRIOR to that, Power Pack dropped an entire building frame on him that was made of iron. His weakness. So he was WEAKENED when Stormbreaker/Mjolnir/Energizer KOed him.

Classic Beyonder Enhanced Kurse would eat Maestro alive.

abhilegend
It isn't stretching anything. If you had the ability to end a fight before it got out of hand would you? That was exactly what the Surfer did. If you say no, that would mean one of two things. You enjoy fighting, or you'd be someone that wasn't too bright IMO. Not an insult BTW. The Surfer has never been portrayed as a doltish character, and thus what I see him doing to the Abomination is exactly the same thing that he did to the Hulk. He has a lot of power over gamma mutates as I said earlier. Anyway, we're arguing semantics at this point. Maestro could win this.
That's some real stretching right there.

So let me know where it is shown in the pages of that comic though. It seems you have a special edition.

Stoic
That's some real stretching right there.

So let me know where it is shown in the pages of that comic though. It seems you have a special edition.

Then what was the glowing energy that was surrounding him? The Power Cosmic right? Was he using it as some form of telepathy before he started speaking about mucking with his mind? If it was telepathy alone, why then was the Abomination seemingly helpless as if he was being drained, or his power was being manipulated? The Abomination is and was at least as strong as Hercules, and Thor back in those days, but the Surfer has never been able to physically bend them back like he has done to the Hulk, and the Abomination. See it however you like, but I know that the Surfer has power over gamma mutates.

Originally posted by zopzop
Stoic my friend, I don't think Maestro can even take one win against Classic Beyonder Enchanced Kurse.

Let me explain. Everyone remembers him ragdolling Beta Ray Bill and Thor w/Belt of Strength. Everyone remembers it took the combined power of Stormbreaker and Mjolnir channeled through Energizer (of the Power Pack) to even KO him.

What people DON'T remember is PRIOR to that, Power Pack dropped an entire building frame on him that was made of iron. His weakness. So he was WEAKENED when Stormbreaker/Mjolnir/Energizer KOed him.

Classic Beyonder Enhanced Kurse would eat Maestro alive.

I explained earlier why I thought that Maestro could win. Do you recall a younger version of himself being far more than 4 Hercs in strength? If Maestro is able to overtake Kurse's level of strength, he wins. After all, the Beyonder gave him a hard limit to his strength level, while also stating that the Hulk had no finite limit to his strength that he himself could detect. Which brings us back to Maestro could win, if he was able to ramp up before being KO'd. Just remember that Kurse hit Thor square, a few times, and Thor continued to get back up. The difference between Thor, and Maestro, is that Maestro has the ability to amplify his strength, and he has a healing factor.

abhilegend
Then what was the glowing energy that was surrounding him? The Power Cosmic right? Was he using it as some form of telepathy before he started speaking about mucking with his mind? If it was telepathy alone, why then was the Abomination seemingly helpless as if he was being drained, or his power was being manipulated? The Abomination is and was at least as strong as Hercules, and Thor back in those days, but the Surfer has never been able to physically bend them back like he has done to the Hulk, and the Abomination. See it however you like, but I know that the Surfer has power over gamma mutates.

I explained earlier why I thought that Maestro could win. Do you recall a younger version of himself being far more than 4 Hercs in strength? If Maestro is able to overtake Kurse's level of strength, he wins. After all, the Beyonder gave him a hard limit to his strength level, while also stating that the Hulk had no finite limit to his strength that he himself could detect. Which brings us back to Maestro could win, if he was able to ramp up before being KO'd. Just remember that Kurse hit Thor square, a few times, and Thor continued to get back up. The difference between Thor, and Maestro, is that Maestro has the ability to amplify his strength, and he has a healing factor.
He was just charging up his fist.

There was no draining or telepathy involved in the fight.

And Surfer basically made Abomination go to sleep. Just before that Abomination beat the shit out of him.

Stoic
He was just charging up his fist.

There was no draining or telepathy involved in the fight.

And Surfer basically made Abomination go to sleep. Just before that Abomination beat the shit out of him.

He was charging up his fists? Please look at the scan. There is a glow that surrounds the Surfer's entire body. Again, we're talking semantics. This is a waste of my time, because we all know that the Surfer has the power to drain gamma mutates. He's done this to the Hulk. I'll solve this right now. Let's just agree to disagree, because first of all, this has very little to do with the topic, and second of all, I refuse to wage a circular war with anyone that is bound to last for pages and eventually end up far away from what I first said in the beginning which was that the Surfer has proven that he has power over gamma mutates.

abhilegend
He was charging up his fists? Please look at the scan. There is a glow that surrounds the Surfer's entire body. Again, we're talking semantics. This is a waste of my time, because we all know that the Surfer has the power to drain gamma mutates. He's done this to the Hulk. I'll solve this right now. Let's just agree to disagree, because first of all, this has very little to do with the topic, and second of all, I refuse to wage a circular war with anyone that is bound to last for pages and eventually end up far away from what I first said in the beginning which was that the Surfer has proven that he has power over gamma mutates.
He wasn't draining abomination.

And that scan has nothing to do with how Surfer fought Maestro.

You are just making scenarios up now.

Surfer doesn't has power over gamma mutates. Rulk drained him dry FFS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.