The Freaking Terminator For My Governor?!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

preston mullins
Many of you may know that Arnold Schwarzenegger might run for Governor of California. I live in California and I'm worried as to what could happen if the Terminator takes Gray Davis's place. Would you vote for Arnold to be your Governor? Why or why not?

(Whoa, spell check corrected 'Schwarzenegger' for me. Trip out.)

yerssot
which party does he represent?

Augeybana
No offense but Arnuld isn't the smartest looking person I don't lve in California but I wouldn't vote for him he might kick @$$ in the movies he's in but I wouldn't leave him to take care of my taxes or the future of your state.

Tex
California is bankrupt and in major debt. The last thing you need is some big spending Hollywood hotshot running things wink

Augeybana
yerssot Arnuld is a Republician.

Tex
Hence all the jokes on The Simpsons.

yerssot
they joke about the republicans yes, but then I still couldn't know he was one
*thinks*
was he at the table when they introduced Sideshow Bob as their candidate for mayor or was that McBain?

Augeybana
Mcbain he's the character that's supposed represent Arnuld.

yerssot
ah, but now I was doubting

preston mullins
Okay, now check this out. Here's another one of my concerns. I'm a news photographer and I've had to go to press conferences to video Gray Davis. Now, Davis has all these security guys and cops around and people who look straight out of Men In Black, he's the Governor, of course he's got all that security, right? Why? So he won't be shot or attacked by some crazy person.

Now, think about this. If you were a terrorist and you hated Commercial America, especially the movie industry, then you would hate Arnold Schwarzenegger, right? So, what better target for assassination than a guy who killed drug lords in Predator, busted up the terrorists in Collateral Damage, saved the U.S. from devastation, not to mention the world. Who know's how many times Arnold saved the world?

Wouldn't you be worried for the guy? I don't want him to be a martyr. I don't want California to get hit because he's in the hot seat.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a terrorist or affiliated with terrorists and I'm just typing what's on my mind.

GordonSkywalker
Your comments are all amusing gentlemen. He is a man like you and me and more than capable of winning political office. President Reagan was an actor before he became governor and then president in case you did not learn this in school. The Terminator and Predator are roles he played and are not the real man. I would vote for him gladly if I lived In California.

Tex
I dont remeber any drug lords in Predator.wink

LaurenE147
I would vote for him if I agreed with his issues. And what is so wrong with Republicans?

preston mullins
So, Reagan was also a President?

preston mullins
Tex, it's been a while since I saw Predator. You know when he battles those South American dudes and stabs that one guy and says, 'stick around'. Weren't they drug lords?

GordonSkywalker
I happen to be a Republican and would have voted for Reagan if I had been old enough. And yes he started out as an actor as well.

BackFire349
i also live in CA and i couldnt care less.

GordonSkywalker
Nice to see the ever cheerful Backfire participating in one of our discussions.

Dim
Crap..you're both in CA?..

oy vey.

Member.
hm...

finti
Arnold is a smart man, he was a selfmade millionaire before he became a movie star. And he also wisely picked roles that made him tons of money, now I dont know the rules of becomeing a US governor but I thought that besides being a US citizen you had to be born in the US as well, at least that is how it is with the Presidency

yerssot
apperently not huh? wink
I'm not sure how it is in the USA, but he will probably be guided by the party like the other governors?

GordonSkywalker
I don't know the rules about being governor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.