Lets generate some possible title ideas for Episode 8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis

UCanShootMyNova

chingchangwalla
I honestly don't give a shit about any of the movies. They'll all be terrible now with terrible characters and token black guys

Kurk
Star Wars: The Social Justice Warriors Strike Back

Nephthys
Agreed. More than zero black people is bad and just a token concession to the PC SJWs. Women leads also make me feel bad. How can I relate to a character if they aren't just like me?

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I honestly don't give a shit about any of the movies. They'll all be terrible now with terrible characters and token black guys

I cant tell if you're being racist.

UCanShootMyNova
He's not. He's being honest.

They couldn't just integrate a black character normally into the movies, they had to shove it in their like Wolf with his chihuahua.

Nephthys
.....What?

He's a new main character introduced far after the events of the previous movies. He's no more or less well integrated than Rey, Poe or Kylo Ren. He's a character who happens to be black. Thats it.

Y'all need Jesus.

Darth Abonis
This thread is quickly turning into something I don't want <Rage Quit>

Trocity
The people that made the movie are still racist though, Kylo's mask and attire are both black.

It's only when he takes off the mask and is revealed to be a white man that he shows any real emotion towards his father and wanting to become good again.

Darth Abonis
Black is traditionally associated with evil. It isn't racist

Kurk
When it's awkwardly done and obvious it's simply painful to watch. This isn't a casual integration of Mace Windu or Lando Calrissian. You can tell it's forced when the two leads is a female and an African American with a Caucasian as the antagonist(s).

UCanShootMyNova
Exactly. thumb up

|King Joker|
Two leads happening to be black / female isn't an awkward execution of integration. Like what the ****? Normal people don't fixate on this and get butthurt because the leads are black / female. I literally didn't even care or think about it until y'all started bitching about it, and then it made me feel disappointed in people that there's some who get legitimately aggravated that the leads aren't white males.

UCanShootMyNova
You think I care about that? Susannah from the Dark Tower series is both black AND female. It would have been great to see her as one of the stars of what would be a multi-move franchise. Then they had to make it even more PC by making Roland black.

For Star Wars they ham-fistedly pushed in an underdeveloped female Mary Sue and comedic relief black guy. Unlike many I had no problems with Finn's inclusion in the trailer because it made sense to me that a stormtrooper could be black since the Empire does not have prejudice based on skin color of humans and they'd already weeded out most of the clones from the Empire. What made me mad was that like so many other black actors he was made into comedic relief.

|King Joker|
I really don't even think Rey is an 'underdeveloped Mary Sue', and I don't think Finn's purpose was just to be comedic relief. I mean, we can go back and forth all day debating Rey and whether she was a Mary Sue (which I'm really not interested in), but Finn definitely had some depth to him and emotional moments and had an important role in the plot, so I don't see how him having funny lines sometimes negates everything else.

chingchangwalla
Finn had emotional moments? Where? Was I the only one laughing at Boyega's acting?

Kurk
Don't forget that the antagonists are Caucasian. It just screams the idea of white privilege vs the disadvantaged.

(disclaimer: he takes it a little too far but it's important to understand the basic points)
JwThhlhBZqk

chingchangwalla
^ That guy is really intense and passive aggressive beyond belief no expression

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I really don't even think Rey is an 'underdeveloped Mary Sue', and I don't think Finn's purpose was just to be comedic relief. I mean, we can go back and forth all day debating Rey and whether she was a Mary Sue (which I'm really not interested in), but Finn definitely had some depth to him and emotional moments and had an important role in the plot, so I don't see how him having funny lines sometimes negates everything else.

They made him the awkward black guy. Name me one interaction he had with Rey that wasn't outright doofy.

Emperordmb
I despise PC SJW assholes just as much as the next guy... but come on, you guys are overanalyzing the shit out of nothing

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I despise PC SJW assholes just as much as the next guy... but come on, you guys are overanalyzing the shit out of nothing
I think that is literally the point of this forum.

Kurk
He makes good points about Rey being able to be successful at a bunch of shit with no experience. Fixing the millenum falcon in a minute when it took Han a while just to figure it out in OT. Rey manning the guns and being able to pilot better than Finn who is a trained soldier.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
They made him the awkward black guy. Name me one interaction he had with Rey that wasn't outright doofy. When they were at Maz Kanata's castle and Finn was about to leave with two guys from the cantina.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
He makes good points about Rey being able to be successful at a bunch of shit with no experience. Fixing the millenum falcon in a minute when it took Han a while just to figure it out in OT. Rey manning the guns and being able to pilot better than Finn who is a trained soldier. It's almost as if she's been scavenging and picking apart ships her whole life, and the fact she's Force sensitive and possibly a Skywalker, who are naturally fantastic pilots. And Finn wasn't even a ****ing pilot anyways.

Kurk
It's almost as if she's been scavenging and picking apart ships her whole life, and the fact she's Force sensitive and possibly a Skywalker, who are naturally fantastic pilots. And Finn wasn't even a ****ing pilot anyways. since when does picking up trash make you a good mechanic? The force sensitive piloting ability is a good point but her being able to wield it in 5 minutes when Luke spent years is pretty grotesque.

Trocity
Finn was about to leave with two guys from the cantina.

Sounds like a good time, amirite? wink

chingchangwalla
Lmao ^ He's the black gay guy now.

|King Joker|
since when does picking up trash make you a good mechanic? The force sensitive piloting ability is a good point but her being able to wield it in 5 minutes when Luke spent years is pretty grotesque. She had to pick apart valuable items from a wide array of ships to survive, so she obviously would know her way around, especially if she's been doing it virtually her whole life. And what do you mean Luke spent years?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Trocity
Sounds like a good time, amirite? wink http://i45.tinypic.com/1zvess0.jpg

Beniboybling
This again? I think ILS summed it up pretty well the last time, you are both clinically retarded.

Beniboybling
Srsly tho it's pathetic. You see a capable female protagonist on screen and you break into fits, you see black lead and begin possessively pointing out the flaws in his character, you see a Caucasian villain and start bitching and moaning about how the white man is being demonised. Shut up and watch the movie for Christ's sake, nobody gives a **** about your petty political agendas. Lmao.

As for a title for Episode 8, how about "The Butthurt Intensifies"? Yeah, I reckon.

chingchangwalla
Beni bringing order to the forum

Rebel95
Echoes of the Darkside

chingchangwalla
Episode 8 sees the return of Mace Windu and he gets it on with Rey.

MythLord
Episode 8 The First Order Takes A Counter-Offensive Stance In Return To The Resistance's Initial Aggression

Original, no?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Beni bringing order to the forum Damn straight. uhuhOriginally posted by MythLord
Episode 8 The First Order Takes A Counter-Offensive Stance In Return To The Resistance's Initial Aggression

Original, no? The First Order Returns Fire. Shorter and even more original. smile

ILS
When all the main characters are stereotypical white guys.

http://m.memegen.com/6x4kqf.jpg

When a main character is female, a minority or god forbid, a combination of the two.

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/templates/23372.jpg

chingchangwalla
I wanna see a retarded black woman with cancer in a lead role and watch everyone go nuts

cs_zoltan
I'm looking forward to Jyn Erso...absolutely hated MaRey Sue.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I'm looking forward to Jyn Erso...absolutely hated MaRey Sue.
Erso will be badass.

Beniboybling
Erso is played by a woman, everyone in her gang are non-Caucasians. The main villain is white... need I go on?

|King Joker|
It's the New World Order backed by the Jews that are trying to stoke the flames for a race war! This demonizing of whites can't go on further!

quanchi112
The title is as follows, Snoke is greater than Palpatine

Beniboybling
It's the New World Order backed by the Jews that are trying to stoke the flames for a race war! This demonizing of whites can't go on further! WOKEN WHITES.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke is Palpatine

Kurk
She had to pick apart valuable items from a wide array of ships to survive, so she obviously would know her way around, especially if she's been doing it virtually her whole life. And what do you mean Luke spent years?
It took him three episodes. Point is he had to train under Yoda extensively whereas Rey got angry and learned it in 2 minutes.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Srsly tho it's pathetic. You see a capable female protagonist on screen and you break into fits, you see black lead and begin possessively pointing out the flaws in his character, you see a Caucasian villain and start bitching and moaning about how the white man is being demonised. Shut up and watch the movie for Christ's sake, nobody gives a **** about your petty political agendas. Lmao.

As for a title for Episode 8, how about "The Butthurt Intensifies"? Yeah, I reckon.

I don't care about the white villain.

I care about the blatant pandering.

In regards to Finn maybe it wasn't racially motivated but the silly hijinks they had him take part in didn't feel like Star Wars to me.

You can't deny Rey is blatant PC pandering though especially with Rogue One.

|King Joker|
It took him three episodes. Point is he had to train under Yoda extensively whereas Rey got angry and learned it in 2 minutes. I thought we were talking about spaceships? Either way, Rey at least had previous melee training, Luke didn't.

Beniboybling
I don't care about the white villain.

I care about the blatant pandering.

In regards to Finn maybe it wasn't racially motivated but the silly hijinks they had him take part in didn't feel like Star Wars to me.

You can't deny Rey is blatant PC pandering though especially with Rogue One. It's interesting that you continue to use the phrase "PC" tbh when:

1. Apparently it's not OK to have capable female protagonists, or female protagonists at all.
2. Apparently it's not OK for black leads to be funny.
3. Apparently it's not OK to have a black and female lead up against a white antagonist.

Could you give me the low down on what is OK? And what are these 'silly hijinks' exactly that are so unacceptable to you?

cs_zoltan
Rey was better than all 3 protagonists in the OT. 1 I could stomach. 2 would be pushing it. 3 is plain retarded.

|King Joker|
I also love how women finally getting leading roles in major franchises is now considered 'pandering', despite the fact males have been in that position forever. Are we just going to not have female leads? Or we can only do it once in a while, while the males continue dominating? All we've had in Star Wars is male leads and usually only one important female character, but now all of a sudden that women finally get the leading roles all there is is bitching. ****ing pathetic.

UCanShootMyNova
It's interesting that you continue to use the phrase "PC" tbh when:

1. Apparently it's not OK to have capable female protagonists, or female protagonists at all.
2. Apparently it's not OK for black leads to be funny.
3. Apparently it's not OK to have a black and female lead up against a white antagonist.

Could you give me the low down on what is OK? And what are these 'silly hijinks' exactly that are so unacceptable to you?

It's fine to do so but only when they're integrated normally like you'd expect any other movie to do with any person of any gender, race or religion. Unless it's a comedy or important to the plot you don't put in people of specific genders, races or religions.

It's not ok for a character in a Star Wars movie to be there mostly for gags or comedic moments imo. That's why people reacted so badly to Jar Jar.

Never mentioned a white antagonistic being relevant. Take that sh!t somewhere else.

Being a doofy awkward character that's appearances are made up mostly of awkward one lines or for comedic relief.

UCanShootMyNova
I also love how women finally getting leading roles in major franchises is now considered 'pandering', despite the fact males have been in that position forever. Are we just going to not have female leads? Or we can only do it once in a while, while the males continue dominating? All we've had in Star Wars is male leads and usually only one important female character, but now all of a sudden that women finally get the leading roles all there is is bitching. ****ing pathetic.

Females getting leads simply because they're females is WRONG. Females getting leads because it makes sense to the plot of a story is RIGHT.

Leia is a female lead and a great one at that ( not in TFA, she suck @ss there ).

cs_zoltan

The problem with Rey is not the gender, but the quality.

|King Joker|
Females getting leads simply because they're females is WRONG. Females getting leads because it makes sense to the plot of a story is RIGHT.

Leia is a female lead and a great one at that ( not in TFA, she suck @ss there ). How does Rey being female not make sense to the story? Why are you complaining that they dared make the main character have a pussy? Maybe Abrams wrote the story and was just like 'hey, let's make the main character female, because why not?'

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
The problem with Rey is not the gender, but the quality. If they hated Rey's character then whatever, but they're bitching over the simple fact Rey has a snatch.

cs_zoltan
If they hated Rey's character then whatever, but they're bitching over the simple fact Rey has a snatch.

They are dickless phags then smile

I only hate the character.

Beniboybling
It's fine to do so but only when they're integrated normally like you'd expect any other movie to do with any person of any gender, race or religion. Unless it's a comedy or important to the plot you don't put in people of specific genders, races or religions.

It's not ok for a character in a Star Wars movie to be there mostly for gags or comedic moments imo. That's why people reacted so badly to Jar Jar.

Never mentioned a white antagonistic being relevant. Take that sh!t somewhere else.

Being a doofy awkward character that's appearances are made up mostly of awkward one lines or for comedic relief. Except the only think that makes it not "normal" is the fact that it deviates from the white Caucasian norm. I mean seriously listen to yourself, you are essentially saying that unless it's important to the plot, you are not allowed to introduce characters that are not white Caucasian males. Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds? What makes the fact that Rey has breasts or Finn dark skin "specific" exactly? Compared to another choice?

And the idea that Finn was there just for comic relief is bullshit lol. If you actually paid attention to the film rather than getting caught up in your nonsense agenda you'd have noticed that he 1. Rescued Poe from the First Order 2. Helped Rey escape Jakku 3. Showed the Resistance the SB's weakness 4. Rescued Rey from the First Order (and helped sabotage the station) 5. Protected Rey from Kylo Ren i.e. contributed fundamentally to the plot, and rescued just about every other character from getting screwed over. Comparing him to Jar Jar is that respect is absurd.

Regardless, you're entitled to your dumbass opinion, just don't compound it with the fact that Finn is black.

Finally...Originally posted by Kurk
When it's awkwardly done and obvious it's simply painful to watch. This isn't a casual integration of Mace Windu or Lando Calrissian. You can tell it's forced when the two leads is a female and an African American with a Caucasian as the antagonist(s). Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Exactly. thumb up Yeah I didn't bring this shit in here I'm afraid, you and your alt-right friend did. thumb up

|King Joker|
thumb up

Beniboybling
Females getting leads simply because they're females is WRONG. Females getting leads because it makes sense to the plot of a story is RIGHT. Gotcha.

|King Joker|
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
It would be wrong if males got parts simply because they're males too. Please don't try to twist what I'm saying Beni.

Susannah from DT is a gunslinging badass. I love to see female characters in non traditional roles.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't agree with Kurk about the white male villain thing. Just the rest of what he said.

UCanShootMyNova
And no my problem isn't with a black or female lead. It's when a black and female lead are chosen to simply pander to an audience.

This should be obvious given how I view Sussanah from DT. A black female bad@ss gunslinger. She's f*cking awesome.

Jmanghan
And no my problem isn't with a black or female lead. It's when a black and female lead are chosen to simply pander to an audience. Its ok, dude.

We understand.

Edit: ...Racist.

Zenwolf
But how do you know if a movie is pandering or not?

Beniboybling
It would be wrong if males got parts simply because they're males too. Please don't try to twist what I'm saying Beni.

Susannah from DT is a gunslinging badass. I love to see female characters in non traditional roles. Ah sorry, I forgot the additional layer of retardation in your logic i.e. "when the lead is cast as a female is because she's a female, if it's cast as a man everything's fine tho."

Once again ILS is on the money. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Let me find the interviews for you. The ones where they talk about bringing more "diversity" to Star Wars.

cs_zoltan
Who the **** cares why a character is male or female or black or disabled? If a female character is good I don't give a shit if she was made "naturally" or for the sake of being female.

Lara Croft for example was made for the sake of being female, yet she's one of the most iconic, beloved character in modern media.

ares834
Let me find the interviews for you. The ones where they talk about bringing more "diversity" to Star Wars.

Who the **** cares. They wanted a female lead. Quit be some dickless phagoot over it.

quanchi112
Everyone has their own biases and preferences so again this is opinion based.

UCanShootMyNova
Ah sorry, I forgot the additional layer of retardation in your logic i.e. "when the lead is cast as a female is because she's a female, if it's cast as a man everything's fine tho."

Once again ILS is on the money. thumb up

What do you mean?

I'd love it if they cast Sussanah as she's portrayed in DT which is a black female bad@ss.

UCanShootMyNova
Fine then. You all fail to recognize why it's wrong to pander go right ahead.

But remember this is why we have oversexualized fan service in mediums like anime.

cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/UIJRkcYlCNbaM/giphy.gif

ares834
Fine then. You all fail to recognize why it's wrong to pander go right ahead.

But remember this is why we have oversexualized fan service in mediums like anime.

da ****

UCanShootMyNova
The result of otaku pandering.

Just like TFA is a result of PC pandering.

Beniboybling
What do you mean?

I'd love it if they cast Sussanah as she's portrayed in DT which is a black female bad@ss. I mean your double standard, when a white male is cast as a lead you don't bat an eyelid, whereas when the reverse is the case their gender/race etc. not only turns into a problem, but you begin compounding ever flaw of said character into that problem. Why aren't you levelling these complaints at the OT or PT trilogies hmm? With their stereotypical gender-based roles? And don't kid yourself into believing men aren't cast in these roles because they are men, it's not a coincidence that Hollywood heroes are predominately male lol.

You don't need to hit me up with a bunch of articles on the demand for diversity in Star Wars, I'm aware, and I don't have a problem with it. There is nothing wrong with deciding it's time for a female lead, after having a series of solely male ones, or choosing to represent a grossly underrepresented ethnicity. However there is a problem with deciding that non-Caucasian males can only be cast as main characters for plot reasons, without applying the same standard to white men.

Here's my advice to you friend, judge a character by the quality of the character alone, not by the colour of their skin or the nature of their genitalia. That way we'll all be spared listening to you insert your bullshit into these films.

UCanShootMyNova
Beni. Pandering for the sake of pandering is wrong you're not going to change my mind on that.

If you want to think I hold my position because I'm a racist or sexist go right ahead.

Beniboybling
You mean deviating from stereotypes that themselves pander to the status quo, right.

And I never said you were racist, or sexist, though I'm sure you'd love for me to do so in order to make yourself out as the victim. No, unfortunately I just think you're stupid.

UCanShootMyNova
If you're a SW fan watch it.

MS Warehouse
The Empire First Order Strikes Back.

UCanShootMyNova
You mean deviating from stereotypes that themselves pander to the status quo, right.

And I never said you were racist, or sexist, though I'm sure you'd love for me to do so in order to make yourself out as the victim. No, unfortunately I just think you're stupid.

Pandering in general is bad. I just don't want more of it regardless of the source.

MS Warehouse
Oh it was nothing but pandering to millennials. I thought it was a cute attempt. You have a hot british chick and a (soon to be) gay black storm trooper. Progress!

Kurk
No it has nothing to do with it being a women. I like strong autonomous women but not when they're portrayed as being superhuman and cheating their way to the top.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Kurk
laughing out loud And what's up with Captain Phasma? She's supposed to be the top of her battalion physically and mentally. Yet her only showing is getting manhandled by Chewie and surrendering her base. Pathetic.

playa1258
Vader should brutally kill all the rebel scum in this film.

Zenwolf
And what's up with Captain Phasma? She's supposed to be the top of her battalion physically and mentally. Yet her only showing is getting manhandled by Chewie and surrendering her base. Pathetic.

She's a traitor clearly.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by playa1258
Vader should brutally kill all the rebel scum in this film. Vader is dead, sorry.

Beniboybling
And what's up with Captain Phasma? She's supposed to be the top of her battalion physically and mentally. Yet her only showing is getting manhandled by Chewie and surrendering her base. Pathetic. You mean by the hairy brown man? It's clearly an extension of the pro-anti-alt ethnic narrative, yeah.

Also what colour was Starkiller Base? White.

Zenwolf
Vader is dead, sorry.

Now when has something silly like death stop anyone?

Beniboybling
smile

cs_zoltan
It stopped Anakin's mother.

Nephthys
No it has nothing to do with it being a women. I like strong autonomous women but not when they're portrayed as being superhuman and cheating their way to the top.

Rey is superhuman tho

quanchi112
And what's up with Captain Phasma? She's supposed to be the top of her battalion physically and mentally. Yet her only showing is getting manhandled by Chewie and surrendering her base. Pathetic. So what ?

Ursumeles
The last Jedi.

quanchi112
Love the title.

MythLord
I was expecting something more grand. But if the Jedi is in plural(which it might be) then it could be kewl.

relentless1
I predict it'll be called the last jedi....

Beniboybling
same.

Rebel95
The Last Jedi... I like it

Kurk
The Force Awakens the Last Jedi

Zenwolf
The Force Awakens the Last Jedi

Huh...nice fitting.

Beniboybling
My idea is... The Last Jedi.

hutchy1345
Do we think the three episodes together will make a sentence?

Any ideas as to what it will end as?

Petrus
The title obviously doesn't mean there won't be any more Jedi, though.

I like the idea that it makes a sentence. In this case, it makes a lot of sense.

Beniboybling
I don't think there will be any more Jedi. smile

Darth Abonis
The Force Awakens The Last Jedi, TONIGHT. Episode 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.