Galen Marek vs Darth Wyyrlok III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Ursumeles
Ehhh...Marek, I think.

Deronn_solo
Will power/TP showings for Marek?

Ursumeles
Hmmm...good argument. Marek is still more powerful and skilled, imo.

UCanShootMyNova
His best TP showings are taking control of multiple officers simultaneously whilst combat.

His TP defenses are scaled off his raw power.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Will power/TP showings for Marek?

He was never being TP'd, and as for WP feat eating Sidious' all out lightning should do the trick.

JKBart
Marek pwns in every round

UCanShootMyNova
Yep.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by JKBart
Marek pwns in every round Even Sabers...?

Wyyrlok provided a decent challenge for Krayt.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes, even sabers.

JKBart
Galen can certainly replicate getting pushed back constantly, fighting for his life, and being on the losing end 100% of time and I believe he can do these things better than Wyyrlok.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yes, even sabers.
Sabers only is imo the easiest fight, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Debatable but probably.

Ursumeles
In the other rounds, you can at least make a case for Wyyrlok, mainly through his TP.

Azronger
Not sure about sabers only, but Wyyrlok takes Force-only and all-out everytime.

MythLord
Galen sweeps.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure about sabers only, but Wyyrlok takes Force-only and all-out everytime.

LMAO.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LMAO.

How does Marek counter TP?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by JKBart
Galen can certainly replicate getting pushed back constantly, fighting for his life, and being on the losing end 100% of time and I believe he can do these things better than Wyyrlok. thumb up

Azronger
Wyyrlok's Force Lightning is better than Marek's, and if Krayt couldn't penetrate Wyyrlok's Force Barrier, Marek sure as hell isn't. Telepathy will turn the tide decicively to Wyyrlok's favor.

UCanShootMyNova
Wyyrlok's Force Lightning is better than Marek's, and if Krayt couldn't penetrate Wyyrlok's Force Barrier, Marek sure as hell isn't. Telepathy will turn the tide decicively to Wyyrlok's favor.

Please show me an example of why Wyr's force lightning is better.

Where does it say Krayt couldn't penetrate Wyr's force barrier? And why would Krayt's limitations apply to Marek?

How? Telepathic defenses are based around willpower and inane power in the Force both of which Galen has in spades.

DarthAnt66
Wyyrlok will either destroy Marek with TP, or destroy himself as Marek responds back with a Force blast that rips him to shreds.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Wyyrlok will either destroy Marek with TP

I already apologized for throwing shade.

Azronger

Jmanghan
Marek's fight with the Emperor is worth mentioning...

If you've read the novel.

Azronger
No, it's not....

If you paid any attention to context.

Jmanghan
No, it's not....

If you paid any attention to context. Marek was holding his own before he even went Oneness :/

UCanShootMyNova
@Azronger: Comparable showings? How do you mean? He shot lightning at Krayt's armor. The armor itself wasn't damaged in any way based off the scans you posted.

I'd say powering the hyperdrive of a downed freighter too large for Galen to jump over or make his way around without detouring for hours is sufficiently superior to making Krayt's armor glow.

Marek's TK is superior to Krayt's. Not only that but Krayt didn't even outright attempt to break through Wyr's shields. He simply threw rubble at him which Wyr shielded himself from.

Bane is far inferior as a Force user to Marek. Andeddu was crushed by Bane after he became aware of him. Marek has overcome visions similar to the ones created by the Dark Cave on Dagobah and has shown he is familiar with mental attacks when he prepared to defend himself from what he thought was an attempted mental attack by Kota.

cs_zoltan
How about oneshotting an AT-AT with lightning?

UCanShootMyNova
Or one-shotting a Rancor with lightning.

Or one-shotting the support of an orbital superstructure with lightning.

Or powering an ore cannon that one shotted an ISD.

Lmao. C'mon Azzie.

Ziggystardust
Or one-shotting a Rancor with lightning.

Or one-shotting the support of an orbital superstructure with lightning.

Or powering an ore cannon that one shotted an ISD.

Lmao. C'mon Azzie.

Syn, can you show me the scans / text for these?

UCanShootMyNova
Yep. One sec.

UCanShootMyNova
"He brought down the rancor with a stream of Sith lightning that made its eyes shine like the headlights of a city speeder. It died with a roar that echoed through the jungle." - The Force Unleashed.

"Energy came like a dam bursting, as wild as every predator on Kashyyyk combined but as pure as a laser. He tilted his head back and relished the wonder and terror of what he had brought into being. This was a power far greater than Sith lightning, designed for one single task. He lost himself utterly in that task. He became destruction.

The mooring shook. Its more delicate components-nanowires, sensitive self-regulating systems, microscopic hydraulic channels-fused almost immediately. Once the complex processes maintaining its stability were disrupted, a chain reaction began that could not be stopped. Pressures mounted in areas close to exceeding their maximum load; hairline cracks formed and spread; a deep vibration sprang up that could not be dampened. Even if left to its own devices, the mooring would shake itself to pieces in minutes.

The apprentice maintained his assault until hairline cracks became gaping rents and the vibration shook the world, howling material agony over the renewed firing of blaster cannons. When the first shower of boiling dust and pebble-sized fragments rained down on him, he decided it was time to step back and take stock- and to prevent some hapless stormtrooper creeping up on him and shooting him in the back.

He opened his eyes and looked up. The mooring was barely recognizable as the same structure. Electrical discharges danced across its conducting surfaces. Ultrastressed permacrete flowed like treacle. Larger fragments began to fall and he batted them away with the Force, feeling no more drained by his exertion than he would have from a light run." - The Force Unleashed.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pK_p3IfqMaY/VIxCMVZQB5I/AAAAAAAGcVs/FTisWLaRPJE/s1600/p1_89%2Bcopy.jpg

Nephthys
That second one wasn't lightning.

UCanShootMyNova
To be fair I see it as a combination of energy manipulation and telekinesis.

DarthAnt66
So, not lightning.

UCanShootMyNova
It's a manifestation of force energy and is pretty much a more powerful version of force lightning which is pretty much what the text itself says.

"Energy came like a dam bursting, as wild as every predator on Kashyyyk combined but as pure as a laser. He tilted his head back and relished the wonder and terror of what he had brought into being. This was a power far greater than Sith lightning, designed for one single task. He lost himself utterly in that task. He became destruction." - The Force Unleashed.

DarthAnt66
Ah, one of those feats.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah.

Azronger
@Azronger: Comparable showings? How do you mean? He shot lightning at Krayt's armor. The armor itself wasn't damaged in any way based off the scans you posted.

Yes, it was. Look closely at it.

Thats not a feat of power. You could power up a hyperdrive with literally anything that conducts electricity.

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
How about oneshotting an AT-AT with lightning?

Quote?

When rancors can take light hits from a lightsaber blade I'll consider this comparable.

What is the durability of the structure?

Again, powering up machines are not great showings.

I'm seeing nothing here that would give Wyyrlok trouble. Marek, however, is quite literally toast, with his relatively lackluster Tutaminis.

Throwing rubble at someone means you're attempting to break their shields, lol. And maybe the fact that he did decide to throw rubble at Wyyrlok instead of blunt TK attacks is an indication that Krayt knows that would not work, unlike basically every other adversary who Krayt telekinetically influenced as a first response:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212701/4636448-screen+shot+2015-04-21+at+9.50.04+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212701/4636449-screen+shot+2015-06-16+at+9.23.07+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212701/4636461-screen+shot+2015-06-16+at+10.13.51+pm.png

And Marek superior to Krayt in TK? Maybe in a contest of who can lift the biggest pile of shit after 5 mins of concentration, but I've not seen anything impressive from him combat-wise.

Substantiate this claim. As far as willpower feats go, Bane is laughably above Marek.

What? Bane was aware of Andeddu even before the fight started. Bane knew exactly what he was getting into and still got almost dominated. Only after a long struggle did he begin to overpower Andeddu, and even that was gradual.

Wyyrlok was caught off-guard, then shrugged off the illusion instantly, and stomped Andeddu.

If they really are similar to the ones in the Dagobah Cave, then that's not even a willpower feat to begin with, lmao.

But could you still post the showing?

Simply being familiar with them doesn't mean you're gonna resist them, lol.

By your own word, Marek's best TP feat is controlling some officers. Pathetic.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm looking at it. I don't see what you're referring to.

... How is generating that energy not a feat of power?

Here, I'll provide the quote for Zoltan.

"A stream of Sith lightning put the AT-AT itself out of action." - The Force Unleashed.

The durability of the structure in question.

"When he reached the base of the skyhook, he was momentarily given pause. How to bring about the ruin of six constructs several stories high? Their super-strong materials were designed to handle the stresses of holding the massive station directly above, against all the laws of physics. How would he overcome their resistance?" - The Force Unleashed.

You don't seem to realize that to power up machines it's necessary to generate the energy to power them and their function.

His lack lackluster tutaminis? What? He was absorbing and diminishing Sidious's lightning. Wyr doesn't compare.

"Without hesitation, he stepped between Kota and the Emperor, taking the full brunt of the Sith lightning into his own body." - The Force Unleashed.

It means you're trying to catch them off guard. Telekinetically propelled objects will pass right through a passive force barrier which is why an active force barrier like the one Wyr raised is necessary to stop them.

Case in point.

"Before Starkiller could reach out for where his lightsaber lay fallen on the ground, the stone conference table lifted into the air and hurled itself at him. Crashing through three of the pillars and catching him squarely in the chest, it drove him out into the snow." - The Force Unleashed.

And then a few days later.

"His Master seized on his momentary weakness and hurled missiles at him from all sides, hoping to keep him off his guard. For a moment, it worked. Then the apprentice straightened and, with a sweep of his left arm, blew the missiles away." - The Force Unleashed.

You can be superior to an opponent and not being able to instantly break their force defenses. This is the case with Krayt and Wyr. Or perhaps he simply wanted to teach Wyr a lesson and demonstrate his superiority in all aspects before highlighting his weakness as a lightsaber combatant and cutting him down.

What do you mean? Marek has thrown back hundreds of droids, collapsed docks and cleared entire platforms with gestures.

Why? Based on their respective showings Galen is far more powerful and therefore has superior mental defenses as per TTR where it's shown mental resistance is attributed to Force power.

Just checked the novel, fair enough. It's been a while since I've read the DBT.

It's too long to post as it covers like half a chapter.

Here's a link to a site that has the book.

http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm

The Kashyyyk missions occurs a little more then halfway through the novel.

We don't just go by feats, we go by logic as well. And logically given Galen's power he should have superior mental defenses to any of the people you've mentioned thus far.

Jmanghan
This is a hard one.

UCanShootMyNova
No, not really.

Jmanghan
No, not really.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm voting for Galen, and all that shit about Galen having no TP feats is stupid.

Half the game, you're fighting of visions of your past, and your future, in your head.

The last part of the Jedi Temple mission too!

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Azronger
I forgot what kind of a pain in the ass you are to debate given that you don't use the "QUOTE" button.

UCanShootMyNova
I'll bold the sections I'm addressing if you'd like.

Jmanghan
I forgot what kind of a pain in the ass you are to debate given that you don't use the "QUOTE" button. Are you going to counter his argument, Azzy?

Azronger
Yeah, when I get around to it.

Jmanghan
Yeah, when I get around to it. Will do.

This is actually a pretty cool argument to watch.

Jmanghan
Yeah, when I get around to it.

Jmanghan
bump

Ursumeles
Marek.

MythLord
I'll bold the sections I'm addressing if you'd like.

No... QUOTE IT! Be an actually coherent human being.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.