Biggest Dragon Ball plot holes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Off the top of my head, Roshi barely matching an early Goku, and yet somehow performing near Goku's level at a later tournament after he had several upgrades stands out..

You'd think Tao Pie Pie would crush Roshi as easily as he did Goku, but Roshi's fight with Tenshinhan says differently (Even if he was losing, it wasn't the stomp Goku vs Tao was..)

Galan007
Uub.

cdtm
The androids! After the build up of Freeza, we suddenly find out a mere human scientist just happened to create beings much, much stronger then him.

How did a human even get the materials to create androids that could one shot Freeza? A single Android 16 would have been enough to conquor the universe.

And why did he make them so strong? Based on his observations, he never saw a SSJ, so he went way way waaay overkill when as far as he knew, something a fraction of Android 17/18's strength would do.

NemeBro
Originally posted by cdtm
The androids! After the build up of Freeza, we suddenly find out a mere human scientist just happened to create beings much, much stronger then him.

How did a human even get the materials to create androids that could one shot Freeza? A single Android 16 would have been enough to conquor the universe.

And why did he make them so strong? Based on his observations, he never saw a SSJ, so he went way way waaay overkill when as far as he knew, something a fraction of Android 17/18's strength would do. Why did he make himself one of the shitty energy absorption androids instead of one of the stronger perpetual energy ones?

cdtm
That too. Piccolo could probably have beaten #19 himself. (Of COURSE they couldn't just let Vegeta have his moment, and imply his SSJ wasn't really needed. smile )

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why did he make himself one of the shitty energy absorption androids instead of one of the stronger perpetual energy ones?
The first ones were way stronger than anticipated and harder to control. Based on his calculations, the energy absorbing model was more than enough. Those two plot holes kinda cancel eachother out. My question is where is trunks and goten's tails? Chichi doesn't know about the great ape thing vegeta took loosing his as a huge disgrace and probably wouldn't let bulma cut it.

cdtm
The Dragon Ball's "rules".

Can't affect anyone stronger then the Dragon's creator. So Android #18 can't be made human. Yet, Freeza can apparently ask for immortality. (He failed, but it was implied it would've worked..)

And Piccolo Sr. was transformed into his youthful self, even though he was powerful enough to kill Shenron.

Galan007
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
My question is where is trunks and goten's tails? Chichi doesn't know about the great ape thing vegeta took loosing his as a huge disgrace and probably wouldn't let bulma cut it. Because Trunks and Goten are half human.

NotAllThatEvil
More so than gohan?

cdtm
More so than gohan?

My thought's, too. Goten and Gohan are brothers.

Kami removed Goku's tail, so maybe Piccolo or Dende insisted on having them off.

And Vegeta would totally cave to Bulma of it was her idea. The whole Saiyan pride thing probably doesn't apply to "half breeds", and he never really seemed to show much interest of fatherhood, so probably left most decisions to his wife as long as he got to train..

SquallX
One of the worse, why the hell didn't Goku take the medicine Trunks gaved him?

Before someone come out and say well Goku's medice was limited. then i'll answer, why didn't Trunks just give him a few months, and have Goku start taking it a few months prior to his hearth attack.

NotAllThatEvil
Another one, WHERE THE HEY IS LAUNCH? She was part of the main group an everything?

carver9
I thought Launch died.

NotAllThatEvil
When? I've only watched super sporadically

Ridley_Prime
Don't recall her dying; just understood she was another character Toriyama (sadly) forgot about.

NemeBro
The first ones were way stronger than anticipated and harder to control. Based on his calculations, the energy absorbing model was more than enough. Those two plot holes kinda cancel eachother out. My question is where is trunks and goten's tails? Chichi doesn't know about the great ape thing vegeta took loosing his as a huge disgrace and probably wouldn't let bulma cut it. It's not very hard to control yourself.

There would have been no downside to making himself one of the actual strong androids. He would have killed the Z fighters and everything would have been peachy.

cdtm
How in the world did he turn himself into an android, anyways?

If it was someone else, where are they now? If it was his super computer, why did is Cell the only other android it decided to create on it"s own?

NewGuy01
How did Krillin and 18 have a kid

NotAllThatEvil
They wished for one.

cdtm
Yeah, Kami know's Krillin could use the balls. wink

Astner
Originally posted by NewGuy01
How did Krillin and 18 have a kid
17 and 18 weren't robots like 16, they were cyborgs.

http://i.imgur.com/wBeieGNm.png

SquallX
Why weren't the Dragonballs used to cure Goku's heart attack?

carthage
How Piccolo could blow the moon up and cause massive psychic storms well before his prime but be totally useless against the Saiyans

carver9
Originally posted by carthage
How Piccolo could blow the moon up and cause massive psychic storms well before his prime but be totally useless against the Saiyans

Because moon busting and Psychic storms are nothing to DBZ characters.

bbrem123
Originally posted by SquallX
Why weren't the Dragonballs used to cure Goku's heart attack? Wow this is so true haha

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by carver9
Because moon busting and Psychic storms are nothing to DBZ characters.

SquallX
Why didn't the planet, art least the part of it sinked when the moons were destroyed? Since we know the Moon regulate the flow of the ocean.

SquallX
Why didn't Goku and co used the Dragonballs to pinpoint Gero's exact lab location?

cdtm
When Piccolo Sr. wished for eternal youth and destroyed the dragon, Kami not only recreated Shenron, but he recreated the moon.

So, the dragon ball's creator can perform dragon feats by himself?

Or, if he simply cheated the restriction of one wish a yeah why even keep the restriction?

For that matter, remember when New Namek claimed they "powered up" Poruga? Why didn't anyone think of doing that sooner? Why keep the dragon in a depowered state at all?

And why didn't Earth's dragon get a power up?

Basara
Or, if he simply cheated the restriction of one wish a yeah why even keep the restriction?
Who knows.

Why didn't anyone think of doing that sooner? Why keep the dragon in a depowered state at all?
They simply not needed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.