Kylo Ren vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Instead of Malgus, Satele is dueling Kylo on the forests of Kashyyyk. Double blade vs Tri-Saber. Jedi Master vs failed Jedi Apprentice. Descendant of Revan vs descendant of Vader. No rules. Who wins?

*perfect music to play for the death of Luke's wife:
https://youtu.be/AuJnvC8voJY

Jmanghan
What the ****???

UCanShootMyNova
Satele.

DarthDuelist9
Kylo, to much raw power.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Kylo, to much raw power. Leave this website.

MythLord
Hope!Satele?

Ren.

TenebrousWay
Kylo clearly defeats her with the saber.

Tondemonai
Satele rotflstomps. Complete mismatch

Deronn_solo
Satele, obviously.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Hope!Satele?

Ren. Lol.

MythLord
This coming from you of all people? Yeah, sure.

Go, let your little brother choke you again or something.

Jmanghan
This coming from you of all people? Yeah, sure.

Go, let your little brother choke you again or something. I've... been consistently beating you in every single thread lately, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your arguments almost always consist of dismissing evidence, or ignoring evidence in favor of your own opinion.

I.E. "Kylo Ren is impressive because he beat a Stormtrooper he stomped a bunch of other "Super-Soldier" stormtroopers."

Its great that he beat a bunch of Jedi, but how powerful were those Jedi?

As of TFA, I'm not convinced that he's above any version of Satele, or even Secura, which you need to come back to btw.

You SAY that he's great because he beat Finn while holding back, being injured and emotionally conflicted.

But why should anyone think thats impressive? Because Finn beat other FO Stormtroopers? No.

Nice ad hominem, btw.

TenebrousWay
Speaking honestly, what does Satele, at the time of Hope, have that put her on par with someone who was pivotal in the destruction of the Jedi Order recreated by Luke himself?

From all I can remember, Satele "sparred a hundred times with padawans", cut down some acolytes and was defeated twice by Malgus.

chingchangwalla
Satele

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Speaking honestly, what does Satele, at the time of Hope, have that put her on par with someone who was pivotal in the destruction of the Jedi Order recreated by Luke himself?

From all I can remember, Satele "sparred a hundred times with padawans", cut down some acolytes and was defeated twice by Malgus. She actually beat Malgus.

And was told to leave by her Master the other time.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I've... been consistently beating you in every single thread lately, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your arguments almost always consist of dismissing evidence, or ignoring evidence in favor of your own opinion.

I.E. "Kylo Ren is impressive because he beat a Stormtrooper he stomped a bunch of other "Super-Soldier" stormtroopers."

Its great that he beat a bunch of Jedi, but how powerful were those Jedi?

As of TFA, I'm not convinced that he's above any version of Satele, or even Secura, which you need to come back to btw.

You SAY that he's great because he beat Finn while holding back, being injured and emotionally conflicted.

But why should anyone think thats impressive? Because Finn beat other FO Stormtroopers? No.

Nice ad hominem, btw.

So you spew a bunch of leukemia-based jazz, I counter, you say I'm just appealing to ignorance, then leave.

And you count that as a victory? Well, whatever helps you sleep at night, kid. thumb up

DarthDuelist is handling you fine on Secura VS Kylo, and I don't need to interfere with the works of puny mortals(and DarthDuelist).

TenebrousWay
She actually beat Malgus.

And was told to leave by her Master the other time.

Only after Jace tackled Malgus, exploded a granade in his face and saved Satele(per her own admission in the journal of Gnost Dural). She lost soundly the lightsaber duel.

Jmanghan
So you spew a bunch of leukemia-based jazz, I counter, you say I'm just appealing to ignorance, then leave.

And you count that as a victory? Well, whatever helps you sleep at night, kid. thumb up You didn't counter, you said X is more powerful then Y, said you don't care about the evidence I posted, then left.

Jmanghan
Only after Jace tackled Malgus, exploded a granade in his face and saved Satele(per her own admission in the journal of Gnost Dural). She lost soundly the lightsaber duel. Oh, I'm not denying that, but Kylo isn't some incredible duelist, based on what we see of him.

We can't quantify how good he would be at full health, because we never see him at that point, Malgus, meanwhile, even by that point, is shown as an incredible duelist.

MythLord
You posted irrelevant evidence, hon. You said Marka wins cuz he's > Sadow and Kressh based on a Publisher's Summary, I said Jacen is > Vader based on a Publisher's Summary and that is just better.

You said Marka is incredibly powerful, I said so are standard Jedi Masters Caedus would shit on. All of that is absolutely true, and not just me saying: "I don't care about evidence!"

I really don't need to justify myself to an illiterate, when normal people can actually read what I said. And I also don't feel the need to have a cuss-out with you in every thread. Go on with your little life and I'll go on with fine and ignore whatever you're posting.

Jmanghan
You posted irrelevant evidence, hon. You said Marka wins cuz he's > Sadow and Kressh based on a Publisher's Summary, I said Jacen is > Vader based on a Publisher's Summary and that is just better.

You said Marka is incredibly powerful, I said so are standard Jedi Masters Caedus would shit on. All of that is absolutely true, and not just me saying: "I don't care about evidence!"

I really don't need to justify myself to an illiterate, when normal people can actually read what I said. And I also don't feel the need to have a cuss-out with you in every thread. Go on with your little life and I'll go on with fine and ignore whatever you're posting. Of course its true, but it also doesn't automatically mean the claim of Ragnos being the most powerful is untrue.

Through power-scaling, based on that SINGLE quote, Ragnos is capable of being on Caedus' level.

MythLord
Nah, not really. Being greater than Vader > being greater than Sadow or Kressh.

Zenwolf
Only after Jace tackled Malgus, exploded a granade in his face

I still scrunch my nose at how he survived a point blank grenade going off in his face. His face didn't even look that bad, when really half of it should be missing and he should be dead.

Jmanghan
Nah, not really. Being greater than Vader > being greater than Sadow or Kressh. Ok, buddy.

You have a good day.

TenebrousWay
Oh, I'm not denying that, but Kylo isn't some incredible duelist, based on what we see of him.

We can't quantify how good he would be at full health, because we never see him at that point, Malgus, meanwhile, even by that point, is shown as an incredible duelist.

Yes, Malgus is a good duelist but Satele lost, and lost quite soundly. We can't really scale her from that. Kylo, however, does have some accolades that are superior to Satele's.

It's been quite some time I've read any material about Satele, so if you have any accolade that enhances her capabilities as of Hope, I'd like to see.

MythLord
You, too, I guess.

Jmanghan
Yes, Malgus is a good duelist but Satele lost, and lost quite soundly. We can't really scale her from that. Kylo, however, does have some accolades that are superior to Satele's.

It's been quite some time I've read any material about Satele, so if you have any accolade that enhances her capabilities as of Hope, I'd like to see.

Present your evidence on Kylo first...

I've seen deadly saber skills... because he killed featless Jedi (that we can't even quantify yet.)

And Immense Telekinesis defense...

Thats about it.

While Satele put up a decent fight against one of the greatest duelists of The Old Republic, possibly the best barring Revan and The HOTLander.

Ursumeles
Nah, not really. Being greater than Vader > being greater than Sadow or Kressh.
thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
thumb up

I hate it when you go into troll mode.

TenebrousWay
Present your evidence on Kylo first...

I've seen deadly saber skills... because he killed featless Jedi (that we can't even quantify yet.)

And Immense Telekinesis defense...

Thats about it.

While Satele put up a decent fight against one of the greatest duelists of The Old Republic, possibly the best barring Revan and The HOTLander.

Yes, he killed padawans and "his deadly lightsabers skills were responsible from preventing the return of the Jedi Order". This last one is a very impressive accolade as the series stands right now. Unless this accolade is contradicted in the next movie and some random Jedi pops from here and there, it's superior to Satele's accolades of sparring against a hundred padawans.

I have Malgus higher than the HoT/Outlander until the strike team vs solo discussion is firmly estabilished(even so, in the solo mode the HoT implies Malgus lost because he let the anger and desperation overcome him, not because he was outdueled). Revan is tricky to rate because he's vastly superior to Malgus in force power and mastery.

Ursumeles
Nah, he just said something, to wank Jacen. I don't actually care about the rest of the debate, tbh.
On topic: Kylo is to unknown.

darthbane77
Satele slaughters

Jmanghan
Yes, he killed padawans and "his deadly lightsabers skills were responsible from preventing the return of the Jedi Order". This last one is a very impressive accolade as the series stands right now. Unless this accolade is contradicted in the next movie and some random Jedi pops from here and there, it's superior to Satele's accolades of sparring against a hundred padawans.

I have Malgus higher than the HoT/Outlander until the strike team vs solo discussion is firmly estabilished(even so, in the solo mode the HoT implies Malgus lost because he let the anger and desperation overcome him, not because he was outdueled). Revan is tricky to rate because he's vastly superior to Malgus in force power and mastery.

No it isn't, we don't know how many Jedi were in Luke's Jedi Order at that point, it could have been only 30 Jedi.

Satele performing decently against Malgus in saber combat is better then what we know of Kylo, don't even try to argue force, just don't.

DarthDuelist9
The feats only approach is kind of tiring. Marking someone as superior because he has more material where he's featured in.

DarthDuelist9
No it isn't, we don't know how many Jedi were in Luke's Jedi Order at that point, it could have been only 30 Jedi.

Satele performing decently against Malgus in saber combat is better then what we know of Kylo, don't even try to argue force, just don't.

Do you think that Luke's students who were going to be the fundation of his new Jedi Order are just as good as your average Jedi/Sith during the Old Republic era? Because honestly that sounds kind of weird. Not to mention that Kylo could easily be an Ahsoka level duelist looking at his training, potential and raw power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.