Captain America vs. Ozymandias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Hopefully this will allow the Ozy vs. WS thread die.

No weapons, no armor, no costumes. Cap and Ozy are in civilian clothes and fight takes place in an open arena. Fight ends when one combatant is no longer able to continue. Combatants don't know anything about each other. Cap thinks Ozy is a Hydra agent, Ozy thinks Cap is too dumb to be allowed to live.

Who wins?

Silent Master
Cap.

KingD19
Cap decisively.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well being that Cap is superior to Bucky in virtually every way.. he does better here.

Cap as of the TFA - Loses
Cap as of the WS - solid fight but slight majority to Ozy
Cap as of AOU - Cap likely takes the majority
Cap as of CW - He'll win

Inhuman
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Well being that Cap is superior to Bucky in virtually every way.. he does better here.

Cap as of CW - He'll win

NO erm

Cap wins in all scenarios. And Easy at that.
Cap from First Avenger was punching through submarine glass, tossing people upwards of 20+ feet while in water. Running as fast as cars, holding up a motorcycle with 3 women with no strain at all, etc.

This is a Stomp in Caps favor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
And he was also a noob at his physical prowess at that point. He wasn't what he became later on with experience and knowledge. Please stop referencing punching inanimate objects, they have no bearing on this fight. It's like people referencing WS punching through a steel door. Yet normal humans blocked that same arm numerous times... BW..IM out of his suit... Agent 13 etc etc. Proving that with skill, you can mitigate it's striking power. Same thing here, Cap punching a sub is great, Ozy will still be able to block his punches

BruceSkywalker
Cap stomps and stomps hard

Inhuman
Please stop referencing punching inanimate objects, they have no bearing on this fight. It's like people referencing WS punching through a steel door.

You mean like a "NON" fighting feat the person had ages in anticipation and prepping and is never shown to be able to accomplish the same speed in a real actual fight like the bullet catching feat?
And a "NON" fighting feat that leaves Ozy winded after he accomplished it.
So its not like Ozy will be continuously moving his hands at that speed. a couple times yeah then he will be winded and wont be able to move close to that speed.
Again this is all based on what is shown on screen. Not speculation.

Silent Master

Cap as of CW - He'll win

I believe you mean.

Cap wins
Cap wins
Cap wins
Cap wins

FrothByte
Please stop referencing punching inanimate objects, they have no bearing on this fight.

Weird how you feel like hitting inanimate objects has no bearing in a fight. I could have sworn that in a different thread you had the exact opposite stance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Inhuman
You mean like a "NON" fighting feat the person had ages in anticipation and prepping and is never shown to be able to accomplish the same speed in a real actual fight like the bullet catching feat?
And a "NON" fighting feat that leaves Ozy winded after he accomplished it.
So its not like Ozy will be continuously moving his hands at that speed. a couple times yeah then he will be winded and wont be able to move close to that speed.
Again this is all based on what is shown on screen. Not speculation.

No this argument has been crushed before, and you abandoned it last time you tried to peddle it. In no way shape or form did that wind him. Not in any way. He was playing possum. The movie was based on the comic novels.. In the novel, it was made clear he was feigning being KO'd and surprised them. The movie comes out, almost does the exact same thing... and because they don't spell it out for you he's winded? LOL. That is about the worst kind of proof I can recall you trying to trumpet. Read the novels if you have any doubt over what they were trying to do there. Or simply use common sense. Have you ever been hit so hard... that it made you fall down... But instead of complaining or voice your pain.. or writhing in pain or anything... You simply lay there and smirk as you open your hand for dramatic effect? Does that sound like what people do when they are hurt? I think not, then why are you trying to peddle it here? Makes no sense IH, you're better than this.

Inhuman
What has been crushed before is people clinging to a NON fighting feat in a vs. fight where people have given multiple "on screen" fighting feats for Cap & WS. As opposed to the Ozy supporters that never post fighting feats to back up their speedster fighter theory. And are clinging to a non fighting feat that happned only in 1 specific situation where a few factors had to be perfect for that feat to be even accomplished.
Its not a feat that could be accomplished on a regular basis. Especially in a fight, because we do have actual fighting screen feats by Ozy and they dont display any of that speed.
So anything beyond that is fanboy speculation.

carthage
Cap without much difficulty

Arachnid1
Cap takes this one, though he does slightly work for it.

Cap>Ozy>WS

Silent Master
Cap > WS > Ozy.

tkitna
Cap with little effort

quanchi112
Kt is once again gang banged. Cap, easily.

Silent Master
Everyone thank kt for essentially admitting that Ozy can't fight at bullet-time.

It's like people that claim Drago punches at 1850 PSI during a fight. Um no, that was done to a stationary target, not moving, not able to roll with the punch or avoid it, he set himself and took a deep breath and then gave it all he had.

quanchi112
Wow, Kt is exposed for hypocrisy. Another gem. Kt is going to avoid this thread like the plague.

h1a8
Ozy very easily. Cap won't even be able to touch him.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Ozy very easily. Cap won't even be able to touch him.

LOL!!!!

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL!!!! Anyone who can see bullets in slow motion would see Cap several times slower.

Inhuman
Anyone who can see bullets in slow motion would see Cap several times slower.

He didn't see the bullet in slow motion. It was an anticipation feat. A calculated feat. You know Ozy is smart. He knew what was going to happen and calculated accordingly to accomplish the feat.
Its not something he would be able t do continuous. Especially in a fight because we have seen how slow he fights.
And we never saw him moving fast enough in a fight to say he can move that way at will without proper anticipation and calculation.

Silent Master
Anyone who can see bullets in slow motion would see Cap several times slower.

Where was it stated or shown that he saw the bullet in slow motion?

h1a8
He didn't see the bullet in slow motion. It was an anticipation feat. A calculated feat. You know Ozy is smart. He knew what was going to happen and calculated accordingly to accomplish the feat.
Its not something he would be able t do continuous. Especially in a fight because we have seen how slow he fights.

Do you know he move his hands AFTER the bullet was fired?
He reacted.

h1a8
Where was it stated or shown that he saw the bullet in slow motion? He reacted and caught the bullet after it was fired. That means his brain was operating far faster than a human's. When synapses fire faster in the brain then objects appear slower than before.

It appeared much slower to him than to a human. Thus it appeared in slow motion.

Silent Master
He reacted.

Prove that Ozy saw the bullet in slow motion.

Inhuman
He reacted.
No it was a calculated feat. You can see it in his face before the bullet fired.
And afterwards he was on the ground.
There is no indication from this clip that he would be able to continuously move at that speed. He would need a few seconds to recover. As shown on the clip.

WS also has feats similar to this but in actual combat. With people firing faster traveling bullets at him. Blocking the bullets with his arm and also jumping out the way of them.
So their reaction are not miles apart.

_Dd9HbDpjkQ

Also so far I'm posting all the evidence. You haven't posted anything to prove your points. I'm also doing your work for you.
Terrible type of debating tbh.

h1a8
No it was a calculated feat. You can see it in his face before the bullet fired.
And afterwards he was on the ground.
There is no indication from this clip that he would be able to continuously move at that speed. He would need a few seconds to recover. As shown on the clip.

WS also has feats similar to this but in actual combat. With people firing faster traveling bullets at him. Blocking the bullets with his arm and also jumping out the way of them.
So their reaction are not miles apart.

_Dd9HbDpjkQ

Also so far I'm posting all the evidence. You haven't posted anything to prove your points. I'm also doing your work for you.
Terrible type of debating tbh.

You can't know if or when the bullet will be fired. He doesn't have precog. You are just making stuff up.
Also there is evidence to support he was acting the entire time. Pretending to be shot. So he wasn't out because he used that level of speed.

quanchi112
H1 doesn't debate.

Silent Master
Is h1 aware that Ozy could see the gun and thus would know where it was pointed and when the trigger was pulled?

Inhuman
Is h1 aware that Ozy could see the gun and thus would know where it was pointed and when the trigger was pulled?

Its not like Ozy isn't super smart and calculating where the bullet will be traveling or when it would be fired would be something he couldn't do. I mean that's his thing right? being super smart.

h1a8
Its not like Ozy isn't super smart and calculating where the bullet will be traveling or when it would be fired would be something he couldn't do. I mean that's his thing right? being super smart. Being smart doesn't give precog. It's impossible to know when the bullet will be fired (or if at all). You are just making stuff up. I'm pretty sure the writer wanted to display his incredible speed and reflexes.

h1a8
Is h1 aware that Ozy could see the gun and thus would know where it was pointed and when the trigger was pulled? He didn't know when the trigger would be pulled (or if). He simply reacted and moved AFTER the bullet entered the air.

You guys are now trolling by making stuff up.

Silent Master
Being smart doesn't give precog. It's impossible to know when the bullet will be fired (or if at all). You are just making stuff up. I'm pretty sure the writer wanted to display his incredible speed and reflexes.

So your argument is that Ozy can't see someone pulling a trigger from a few feet away?

h1a8
So your argument is that Ozy can't see someone pulling a trigger from a few feet away?

I'm not sure if he can or can't. Pulling a trigger is a very subtle motion that's barely noticeable.

But since this is a work of fiction and none of this stuff actually occurred then the only things that happened are things that occurred in the writer's mind. Was the writer thinking that Ozy was looking at the trigger being pulled? Hell no. Otherwise Ozy would have gotten his hand up right before the trigger was pulled. Remember, his hand moved AFTER the bullet was in the air.

Silent Master
Are you aware of what your new stance on Ozy's visual abilities means for your claims that he can see a bullet in slow motion?

h1a8
Are you aware of what your new stance on Ozy's visual abilities means for your claims that he can see a bullet in slow motion?

To be able to see a bullet fly through the air means that ones brain impulses are firing at much greater speeds than a human's. This makes the person see things slower than what a human sees them at.

When I first played baseball. I couldn't really see a 60mph fastball in little league. It seemed it was in the air for a nanosecond. After much training and practice, 95 mph fastballs in college now appeared to be moving in slow motion. I hit several home runs off flat ass fastballs from a pitcher who have topped out at 97mph.

Silent Master
That didn't answer my question. so I'll ask again. Are you aware of what your new stance on Ozy's visual abilities means for your claims that he can see a bullet in slow motion?

h1a8
That didn't answer my question. so I'll ask again. Are you aware of what your new stance on Ozy's visual abilities means for your claims that he can see a bullet in slow motion?

No

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by FrothByte
Hopefully this will allow the Ozy vs. WS thread die.

No weapons, no armor, no costumes. Cap and Ozy are in civilian clothes and fight takes place in an open arena. Fight ends when one combatant is no longer able to continue. Combatants don't know anything about each other. Cap thinks Ozy is a Hydra agent, Ozy thinks Cap is too dumb to be allowed to live.

Who wins?

Always make threads of this type a poll...

That way it becomes a bit more than 2 or 3 guys arguing 20+ pages later about who wins...

Atleast with a poll, you (typically) have a majority favoring one of the combatants...

One of the debaters can atleast point to the voting, proclaim "scoreboard," and end it with that...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.