Phantom Zone Projector gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
A hero, doesn't matter who (Let's say Batman) tries to banish the following characters to the phantom zone. They can't defend themselves or actively try and avoid the beam. Who can escape the zone/simply can't be sent?

1. Thor.

2. Adam Destine.

3. Silver Surfer.

4. Thanos.

5. Ganthet.

6. Juggernaut.

7. Worldbreaker Hulk.

8. Anti Monitor.

9. Mad Jim Jaspers.

10. Voidtry (Full power)

11. A celestial.

SquallX
I don't think anyone has ever escaped the PZ without a plot device to help them.

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX
I don't think anyone has ever escaped the PZ without a plot device to help them.

Superbytch Prime. I think he simply punched his way out.

Sin I AM
anyone with teleportation should be able to get out. that place is only a prison for krytonians to my knowledge

riv6672
^^^was thinking the same.

cdtm
It's another dimension. You'd need the ability to dimension shift.

It also turns you into a ghost.

golem370
What if Juggernaut is walking away from it?

riv6672
^^^good one.

If it turns you into a ghost, how did SBP manage to punch anything? How did Fernus kill the White Martians in there (which was seen as a huge deal)? How did the martians even die? They were shown to be ripped apart, which i think casts doubt on the ghost thing.
Some aspects of solidity and super powers must still exist in there.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
It's another dimension. You'd need the ability to dimension shift.

It also turns you into a ghost.

What's the most powerful non kryptonian to be imprisoned. I dont see how Thor or Surfer could possibly be trapped there.

Rao Kal El
Anyone remembers what happened to mr myx in the "for the man who has everything"?

cdtm
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Anyone remembers what happened to mr myx in the "for the man who has everything"?

He tried saying his name backwards to escape the pzp, and got ripped apart by the pull of two dimensions. smile

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What's the most powerful non kryptonian to be imprisoned. I dont see how Thor or Surfer could possibly be trapped there.

The zone kept a dying Mon El alive as a ghost, until the Legion of Super Heroes discovered him in their era, and cured his lead poisoning.

It would have kept Dooksday, if his trip wasn't intercepted.

There's one "native resident" of the zone, though, and he's essentially god there. Can kill whoever he wants, or have whatever happen.

cdtm
Hmm, with the "works only in their universe" retcon, Batman could probably beat Thanos with the IG...

riv6672
^^^Haha!

Also, guess Myx has crappy durability.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^good one.

If it turns you into a ghost, how did SBP manage to punch anything? How did Fernus kill the White Martians in there (which was seen as a huge deal)? How did the martians even die? They were shown to be ripped apart, which i think casts doubt on the ghost thing.
Some aspects of solidity and super powers must still exist in there.

Because SBP. No, really, he was that PISsy.

Fernus killed them because he was in the zone as well; they're ghosts to the regular dimension, not to each other. And can use powers on each other, IIRC.

riv6672
Hmm.

cdtm
Yeah, this was all established in the pre crisis Phantom Zone story, when a wizard attacked Superman with a magic axe, and Supes puffed up his chest, put his hands on his hips, and.... promptly got cut down. (As kids everywhere are yelling at the comic "HE'S A WIZARD! MAGIC AXE, YOU IDIOT!" smile )

riv6672
BWA!!! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.