Thoughts on Talzin Returning in Rebels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Pretty much a given now that she will indeed appear in S3. Her surviving 'in' Maul could give him great power... Quanchi might be about to win...

Beniboybling
A given? Something I missed?

chingchangwalla
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMC7X3stiXk

Beniboybling
That's a theory, it could also be the spirit from the holocron.

cs_zoltan
Yeah pls do it. I want Star Wars to beat South Park as far as resurrections go roll eyes (sarcastic)

chingchangwalla
There's even a face coming out of the green 'smoke' that looks like Talzin. Hmm I thought it was pretty convincing

Beniboybling
I'll wait until the episode airs, tbh.

quanchi112
I will win and rub D. Thor's pimple puss filled face in it.

McP
Originally posted by quanchi112
I will win and rub D. Thor's pimple puss filled face in it.

No, you wont. Even if Talzin will be somehow alive, she might gave some of her strenght to Maul and amp him. At that point, other future sources might even call that version of Maul his peak version. And he still will die to Vader or Ahsoka or even Kanan/Ezra.
That will ultimately humiliate and grave Maul as a character. Sad but true. Best thing for you will be, if Vader will kill Maul with moderate difficulty, and Maul as of Rebels will be coinfirm as inferior to his TCW self.

Zenwolf
If Maul is amped, that would just make it worse, since he would need amping to even contend soo...

Selenial
It'd be a farcical attempt at necromancy by shoehorning a known face into a TV show with perpetually declining viewership.

So pretty par for the course smile

Beniboybling
smile

UCanShootMyNova
smile

Darth Abonis
Maul has come a long way. From a badass kicking people in the face to losing to a bind Jedi

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Maul has come a long way. From a badass kicking people in the face to losing to a bind Jedi

They need to keep with their ridiculous tendency of introducing someone who's more powerful than someone who was also more powerful than someone who was even more powerful than the best ever(!) or something like that.

I don't consider to be far fetched that by the end of the new trilogy Luke is going to be semi fooder. Happy Dance

Kurk
Maul is like Songebob. Both were originally badass but have sunk to such low levels at the hands of fanatic directors and need to be put out of their misery.

chingchangwalla
If you just read Maul lockdown and other dark horse Maul stuff and disregard all the butchery in TCW/Rebels, he has potential to beat Vader IMO. If Maul kept training under Sidious and you assume he gets taught the same stuff as Dooku, he could've become hella powerful.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Kurk
Maul is like Songebob. Both were originally badass but have sunk to such low levels at the hands of fanatic directors and need to be put out of their misery.

Maul was brought back just to show how the protags had become more powerful than an improved of him.

carthage
Is it really Talzin though? Didn't Filoni say he was going to go more into the Sith from the Malachor temple that was speaking to Kanan/Ezra??

chingchangwalla
Filoni is also a Dickhead

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
If you just read Maul lockdown and other dark horse Maul stuff and disregard all the butchery in TCW/Rebels, he has potential to beat Vader IMO. If Maul kept training under Sidious and you assume he gets taught the same stuff as Dooku, he could've become hella powerful.
I don't disagree. He definitely came off as being intelligent enough to be pretty knowledgeable in the force if he was presented with the opportunity. Unfortunately Sidious tried to use him as a meat-head tool (Savage would have been a better candidate) rather than a true sith apprentice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
No, you wont. Even if Talzin will be somehow alive, she might gave some of her strenght to Maul and amp him. At that point, other future sources might even call that version of Maul his peak version. And he still will die to Vader or Ahsoka or even Kanan/Ezra.
That will ultimately humiliate and grave Maul as a character. Sad but true. Best thing for you will be, if Vader will kill Maul with moderate difficulty, and Maul as of Rebels will be coinfirm as inferior to his TCW self. Your speculation isn't wanted nor is it anything to be proud of.

You do not know how this will end and there's a reason Maul didn't lose to Vader. It didn't make any damn sense. Vader has already been humiliated by Tano. See that's the difference between a fact and your wild and crazy imagination.

McP
Your speculation isn't wanted nor is it anything to be proud of.

You do not know how this will end and there's a reason Maul didn't lose to Vader. It didn't make any damn sense. Vader has already been humiliated by Tano. See that's the difference between a fact and your wild and crazy imagination.

Vader wasn't humiliated by Tano at all. In a fair figt, she was capable of nothing more, then Force push him. When she finally hit his mask, he was taken by surprise. I don't think, that she would be able to do as well as she did, if she wouldn't be his studen before. Duels between student and master are always somehow closer, then they should be. Tano vs Vader / Anakin vs Obi-Wan / Dooku vs Yoda / Ben vs Vader / Vader vs Ahsoka.

If anyone was humiliated, it was Maul who let himself to be outmaneuvered by blind kanan.

FreshestSlice
Why are you trying to have a serious discussion with quan? It's not like he's ever tried to hide the fact that it's a waste of time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
Vader wasn't humiliated by Tano at all. In a fair figt, she was capable of nothing more, then Force push him. When she finally hit his mask, he was taken by surprise. I don't think, that she would be able to do as well as she did, if she wouldn't be his studen before. Duels between student and master are always somehow closer, then they should be. Tano vs Vader / Anakin vs Obi-Wan / Dooku vs Yoda / Ben vs Vader / Vader vs Ahsoka.

If anyone was humiliated, it was Maul who let himself to be outmaneuvered by blind kanan. He was humiliated for me few reasons. Firstly he never gained a serious advantage. He did force push her at one point but it caused no damage and didn't prevent her from returning to the fight. Vader has precognition and she had to cover a lot of ground running at him to close the distance so he had ample time to turn around and defend himself. Secondly Vader is more powerful and should no doubt beat his former student. It's a recurring theme with Vader performing far below his expectations.

Look at his confrontation with Kenobi. He should have won that due to greater skill, maneuverability, and power. He failed to gain a huge advantage once again. If you also notice all save one of the examples you've listed are of Vader fights. When discussing the Dooku example the only reason it was that close was because Yoda had to defend his friends from Dooku's continued assaults and he then fled quickly thereafter. Yoda failed but Dooku barely fought Yoda straight up before he fled.

Maul was overconfident which has happened before but you're also ignoring Maul blinding him and having him dead to rights before Tano jumped in. Look at the entire episode not just one aspect of a fight between two characters to sell your perspective.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Why are you trying to have a serious discussion with quan? It's not like he's ever tried to hide the fact that it's a waste of time. Ironic coming from you. If you're going to cry all the time kindly see yourself out of the thread.

FreshestSlice
That kind of bait may work on Beefy or DP, but you're going to have to try harder with me.

quanchi112
That kind of bait may work on Beefy or DP, but you're going to have to try harder with me. Ironically you've admitted you troll and don't try to debate so why do you have issue with other posters debating. Are you that miserable ?

FreshestSlice
How is that ironic, though? Besides, I don't troll. I stir the pot. I still know how to have a serious conversation. "(what you like) sucks, and (what I like) doesn't." ain't serious conversation. And I'm pretty peachy, for the record.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hello. smile

quanchi112
How is that ironic, though? Besides, I don't troll. I stir the pot. I still know how to have a serious conversation. "(what you like) sucks, and (what I like) doesn't." ain't serious conversation. And I'm pretty peachy, for the record. Stirring the pot is trolling.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hello. smile

I was hoping you overdosed by now.

McP
If you also notice all save one of the examples you've listed are of Vader fights.
Well, the last part of Sidious vs Maul fight could be up there as well, assuming that Sidious gave nearly 100% of himself during that short part.

And I know, that Vader is somehow featless against other Force users. Especially in a new canon. But it should be clear, that at the time of Rebels he's superior to Maul. And if Maul will be confirmed to be in his prime during Rebels, that will be your ultimate failure in proving that he is not inferior to Vader.
Maul's only chance to be not consider as Vader clear inferior by almost everyone, is to have a statement that would put his TCW/SoD version above his Rebels' version.

He did force push her at one point but it caused no damage and didn't prevent her from returning to the fight.
It was pretty clear, that she was struggling, especially at the end, before he Force pushed her. Clearly, that fight against Vader was harder for her, then a fight against Maul.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I was hoping you overdosed by now.
Reported for possibly hurting SKILLZ feelings.

cs_zoltan
Reported for caring about Skillz feelings.

FreshestSlice
Reported for reporting. I won't tolerate this trolling.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
Well, the last part of Sidious vs Maul fight could be up there as well, assuming that Sidious gave nearly 100% of himself during that short part.

And I know, that Vader is somehow featless against other Force users. Especially in a new canon. But it should be clear, that at the time of Rebels he's superior to Maul. And if Maul will be confirmed to be in his prime during Rebels, that will be your ultimate failure in proving that he is not inferior to Vader.
Maul's only chance to be not consider as Vader clear inferior by almost everyone, is to have a statement that would put his TCW/SoD version above his Rebels' version.

It was pretty clear, that she was struggling, especially at the end, before he Force pushed her. Clearly, that fight against Vader was harder for her, then a fight against Maul. Sidious was pressed by Maul despite the exaggerations. Sidious is better though that's clear at the time of the fight.

No, Vader hasn't been confirmed as greater than Maul. Quit making things up. Vader didn't even show he's greater than Tano. They looked like peers in their fight. Maul and Vader haven't clashed yet so again nothing has been even shown thus far. You're acting like this is a closed matter which is really kind of odd since these two haven't met.

False. That's also abc logic. It's like saying Anakin did better against Dooku therefore he crushes Kenobi. Abc logic sucks.

Unbowed
^I like Maul as much as anyone but Filoni made it clear multiple times that he considers Vader to be stronger than Maul.

Now you can debate the issue of author intent or whether Filoni has the right to make that decision, or if we should even take it seriously outside of the show(personally I always thought he was a dickhead). But as far as Rebels goes, it's pretty much a done deal. Best to just accept it and move on, imo.

ares834
Anyway... Yeah, they certainly appear to be Nightsister spirits rather than Sith. Hopefully, they refrain from bringing Talzin back though.

chingchangwalla
It's also implied that Maul is the best of the four on Malachor (Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka) and that bull ish about the only two able to match Tano blow for blow are Sheev and Vader. So Maul should be able to do the same right? And considering how well Ahsoka did against Vader, I can honestly see Maul winning now...

ares834
And yet Maul got his ass handed to him by Kanan.

chingchangwalla
Exactly. If shit like this happens the underdog has a chance.

Darth Thor
^ Except shit that bad only happens to Maul. Certainly never happens to Vader.

Originally posted by Unbowed
^I like Maul as much as anyone but Filoni made it clear multiple times that he considers Vader to be stronger than Maul.

Now you can debate the issue of author intent or whether Filoni has the right to make that decision, or if we should even take it seriously outside of the show(personally I always thought he was a dickhead). But as far as Rebels goes, it's pretty much a done deal. Best to just accept it and move on, imo.

This.

But Quanchi doesn't really know what's best for him, otherwise he'd get himself checked out by a professional.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed

Now you can debate the issue of author intent or whether Filoni has the right to make that decision, or if we should even take it seriously outside of the show(personally I always thought he was a dickhead). But as far as Rebels goes, it's pretty much a done deal. Best to just accept it and move on, imo. That is his opinion which is fine but until something happens in canon it's just like any other comic book writer having an opinion outside the canon. It doesn't matter. I accept all canon showings but to say Vader is greater when the two haven't met up is ridiculous. Vader didn't even injure Tano.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
And yet Maul got his ass handed to him by Kanan. No, he didn't. He fell off a ledge. He blinded Kanan and he needed Tano to come to his aid. Quit being a fanboy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Except shit that bad only happens to Maul. Certainly never happens to Vader.

This.

But Quanchi doesn't really know what's best for him, otherwise he'd get himself checked out by a professional. Vader lost to Kenobi who was the underdog. Do you even Star Wars ?

laughing out loud

McP
False. That's also abc logic.

No. I'm not using ABC logic. You just said, that Vader was humiliated by Tano, which I disagreed with.
You also said:
He was humiliated for me few reasons. Firstly he never gained a serious advantage.
- neither did Maul
He did force push her at one point but it caused no damage and didn't prevent her from returning to the fight.
- Maul was even unable to Force push her
Vader has precognition and she had to cover a lot of ground running at him to close the distance so he had ample time to turn around and defend himself.
- ok he screwed a little bit, but he was still in game; Maul screwed against Kanan, and his plans were ruined.
Secondly Vader is more powerful and should no doubt beat his former student. It's a recurring theme with Vader performing far below his expectations.
- assuming, that you're consider Maul as superior to Vader, isn't it a Maul's failure against her as well?

It's like saying Anakin did better against Dooku therefore he crushes Kenobi.
Anakin from his duel with Dooku or operation Knightfall, with pure clarity of mind, perhaps could be able to even stomp Kenobi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
No. I'm not using ABC logic. You just said, that Vader was humiliated by Tano, which I disagreed with.
You also said:
He was humiliated for me few reasons. Firstly he never gained a serious advantage.
- neither did Maul
- Maul was even unable to Force push her
Vader has precognition and she had to cover a lot of ground running at him to close the distance so he had ample time to turn around and defend himself.
- ok he screwed a little bit, but he was still in game; Maul screwed against Kanan, and his plans were ruined.
Secondly Vader is more powerful and should no doubt beat his former student. It's a recurring theme with Vader performing far below his expectations.
- assuming, that you're consider Maul as superior to Vader, isn't it a Maul's failure against her as well?

It's like saying Anakin did better against Dooku therefore he crushes Kenobi.
Anakin from his duel with Dooku or operation Knightfall, with pure clarity of mind, perhaps could be able to even stomp Kenobi. Maul didn't fight her for as long and she left the duel.

Vader's plans were ruined as well. He was injured. Maul was fine and flew off in a tie fighter. He was in a better position than Vader was by the episodes end.

The duel didn't have enough time to conclude and she fled. She didn't wound Maul.

Speculation. They both have different styles and Kenobi has a intimate knowledge of Anakin. Argue based off facts not speculation. Anakin fought Ben Kenobi and didn't even stomp him then when he was older and shittier.

playa1258
Vader was much more careful in his second battle with Kenobi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Vader was much more careful in his second battle with Kenobi. And in both battles Vader didn't have him at a disadvantage at any point in time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.