Films you disliked but now enjoy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Opposite of the other thread. Are there any movies that you did not enjoy the first time around but for some reason gave it another go and found it more enjoyable? Maybe you were drunk or distracted the first time around. Maybe the film was too confusing at first or seeing it with friends and family made the experience better/worse. Or maybe the theatrical cut wasn't good but the director's cut or extended edition made it better.

Lord Lucien
Blade Runner. Took four tries, but the director's cut finally sealed it.

0mega Spawn
The insidious trilogy.
At first i was simply looking for typical Hollywood jump scare films... but now with the universe being expanded sort of i love the trilogy.

Watching the films knowing there are some badass spirits lurking around behind the scenes each film keep my curiosity peaked. Kind of like how we know thanos is a threat while most of MCU doesn't even know hes coming or that he even exists... you feel a part of the experience

juggerman
I didn't like Star Wars as a kid. It was slow and boring to me so I didn't pay attention. I only gave them a shot after playing Battlefront 2. Glad I did

Surtur
Originally posted by juggerman
I didn't like Star Wars as a kid. It was slow and boring to me so I didn't pay attention. I only gave them a shot after playing Battlefront 2. Glad I did

Oh no you didnt!

riv6672
^^^I still find SW fairly boring.
I like the concept/love Han and Chewie but thats about it.

anyway:
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA.
I wasnt smart enough to realize Burton wasnt actually the hero of the movie (but thought he was). Once i got that, i loved it.

BILL & TED's BOGUS JOURNEY.
I was looking for more of the same and didnt appreciate this was a story of how they got the band together/their shit together to become the people that were referenced in the first movie that changed the world.

juggerman
Originally posted by Surtur
Oh no you didnt!

Watched them in numerical order too. Well close enough I guess: 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6 stick out tongue

riv6672
You're a glutton for punishment.

-Pr-
Star Trek 1 and 5. Not great movies by any means, but once I was old enough to see the value in certain parts of them, I realised that they had good qualities.

dynamix
gone, baby, gone. I actually dozed off the first time lol

riv6672
^^^It was the opposite for me.
Thought i'd be bored to tears, but found myself fully engaged.

Patient_Leech
The Dark Knight actually. I did like it the first time, but Batman voice and Katie Holmes being replaced were very distracting to me. After another viewing or two the action and Heath Ledger's performance really grew on me. It really is a very well crafted film. Especially in retrospect with the atrocity that is BvS. I need to watch Rises again, too, because the first time I found it too long and not as interesting.

heathjack
movies
the Avengers age of ultron
the amazing spider-man 1
the amazing spider-man 2
ghost rider 1 & 2
gurdians of the galaxy
daredevil
iron man 3
man of steel
green lantern
batman dark night
batman dark night rises
cat women
steel
king kong staring jack black
cowboys & Aliens
herbie the love bug series
oblivion staring tom cruise
im number four
battleship
after earth
transformers series
the terminator series
lord of the rings series
the hobbit series
fast & furious series
planet of the apes series
surf ninjas
dark & josh goes to holly wood

riv6672
^^^
....https://67.media.tumblr.com/8f1dc64ed367a12d5dc9952d5b27118d/tumblr_nsb3knTCt71re3x32o1_500.gif

Jesus McBurger
Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.