Could Darth Bane replicate Starkiller's frigate feat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Can an unamped Bane disintegrate and shield himself from reentry? Is he capable of disintegrating a portion of the frigate?

Ursumeles
LMFAO

JKBart
no
he can't

chingchangwalla
Yeah

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by JKBart
no
he can't

Azronger
He could shield himself, but I doubt he could disintegrate as big a portion.

Ascendancy
There's nothing that speaks directly to him being able to do so. That said, he did use Force Disintegration against those acolytes and it certainly didn't seem to be much for him beyond the wave of a hand, and even at that level it's something that only very powerful Sith could manage. There's nothing to use to really dictate what the max scale is for what he could do with it. Focused as Galen was and based on what he did at peak I'd think he could manage the raw dark side energy to do it, yes.

NewGuy01
Are you referring to the death field that he summoned? Because for one thing, he was drawing on the power of Andeddu's Keep when he did that--secondly, that's a drain-related power, which is completely unrelated to the topic.

Ascendancy
I'll have to find the excerpt. I thought it said that in the instance I was speaking of that there was nothing left of the bodies. I know that he did so with the creatures in the Sith laboratory, disintegrating them completely. Guess the main issue is him being able to do it only with raw Force energy, which we get very few showings of since Drew was such a big fan of nexuses.

SunRazer
Yes, because of Death Field, not telekinesis, lmfao. And the only reason he managed to use Death Field was because, as the text states, he was drawing on the power of Andeddu's temple.

Ascendancy
You are some glib mofos on this board. I swear there must be more lols, lels, and lmfaos on here and ComicVine than on all of the interwebs, save the snarkfests that are MMO boards.

SunRazer
Well, it was already explained to you, and you outright ignored it. I do have a habit of saying it, but in this case, I think it's justified.

Ascendancy
How did I outright ignore anything? I made my statement, NewGuy replied, and I replied that if I'm off on that, my bad, then if nothing else he disintegrated the technobeasts. No worries, mang, I know that's how it gets done around here. It's all gravy if you genuinely find humor in coming off that way.

carthage
Nova is the kind of guy that says Gee Golly and Aw shucks. What a weakling.

UCanShootMyNova
So does Flowey.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/8/88/Flowey.png/revision/latest?cb=20151105070505

SunRazer
Originally posted by Ascendancy
How did I outright ignore anything? I made my statement, NewGuy replied, and I replied that if I'm off on that, my bad, then if nothing else he disintegrated the technobeasts.

You edited that in. And he disintegrated the technobeasts under a substantial number of amplifications - his orbalisks, the holocron (which was "radiating dark side energies" or some such), and the fortress of Belia Darzu itself, which was a "bastion of dark side power".

Call it mirthless laughter then.

MythLord
Disintegrating technobeats is hardly the pinnacle of Bane's power, lmao.

He's casually destroyed Force-enhanced, 20-by-30 meter gates, for example. Sure, he was amped, but so was the gate in a sense. And DoE Bane surpassed RoT Bane.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
in a sense in a sense.

SunRazer

He's casually destroyed Force-enhanced, 20-by-30 meter gates, for example. Sure, he was amped, but so was the gate in a sense in a sense.

In a sense, this doesn't make sense.

Anyway, is this referring to the entrance of Freedon Nadd's tomb?

UCanShootMyNova
No, he's referring to the entrance to Belia Darzu's keep.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
In a sense, this doesn't make sense.

Anyway, is this referring to the entrance of Freedon Nadd's tomb?

Nah, Belia Darzu's keep. And if the gate was enhanced through the Force, that'd make up for Bane's amplification, no? Not that it'd matter much, anyways.

Deronn_solo
Wollf just stay taking mad L's, lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
Aren't you lovers?

Deronn_solo
I dunno where you get such ignoramus-esque ideas from. I'm a creature devoid of the concept called "love".

SunRazer
Nah, Belia Darzu's keep. And if the gate was enhanced through the Force, that'd make up for Bane's amplification, no? Not that it'd matter much, anyways.

Ah. And no, I don't believe Alchemically-enhanced objects are enhanced by nexuses. That'd be like saying the Orbalisks were enhanced by the nexus, lol.

MythLord
I didn't say it was enhanced by a nexus, darling. I'm noting if you strip away the nexus, Bane can still disintegrate a non-alchemy enhanced, massive, 20 by 30 meter, stone gate.

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Wollf just stay taking mad W's, lmao.

I plan to, hon. And don't kid', you know you luv me smile

Ziggystardust
The gate woz amped?

MythLord
*Alchemecally enhanced. It had nothing to do with the nexus, however.

SunRazer
If it wasn't alchemically enhanced, it would be a very run-of-the-mill showing, lol.

Saba Sebatyne's got similar showings.

Fated Xtasy
Disintegrating technobeats is hardly the pinnacle of Bane's power, lmao.

He's casually destroyed Force-enhanced, 20-by-30 meter gates, for example. Sure, he was amped, but so was the gate in a sense. And DoE Bane surpassed RoT Bane.
/sigh

The future of ComicVine, everybody. Make way Nova and Silver, here is your replacement.

Nephthys
Bane could certainly do it in the Force Unleashed version.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
If it wasn't alchemically enhanced, it would be a very run-of-the-mill showing, lol.

Saba Sebatyne's got similar showings.

Saba blasts through a wall, Bane blasts through a gate the size of a house, casually.

Yeah, same thing completely.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
/sigh

The future of ComicVine, everybody. Make way Nova and Silver, here is your replacement.

And a damn good one it is. thumb up Honey, I'll gladly take up a CaV(or CaK, I guess) with you if you disagree with the notion. thumb up

SunRazer
Saba blasts through a wall, Bane blasts through a gate the size of a house, casually.

Pretty sure it was a 20m portcullis. Could be wrong though. And where Bane enjoyed the luxury of numerous amps, Saba was hindered by a nexus more potent than Dromund Kaas.

Fated Xtasy

And a damn good one it is. thumb up Honey, I'll gladly take up a CaV(or CaK, I guess) with you if you disagree with the notion. thumb up

Let me finish up my post to Bantha(slow and steady wins the race)

Then after we finish up Depa vs Plo we can see what the future holds, hmm?

Ascendancy
Anyway, with the feats that he's shown, yes, he would be capable of it.

UCanShootMyNova
Huh? What feats has Bane shown that indicates he would be?

Deronn_solo
No, Bane wouldn't lmao.

'Killer is a tier or two, above Bane as a Force user.

UCanShootMyNova
Like, I don't even lowball Bane. I appreciate that he's decently powerful. But i just don't see any way he'd be capable of replicating the feat tbh.

Ascendancy
Starkiller's title novels/games are perfect for what he was, a raw Force conduit. He didn't demonstrate the control over the Force that Bane did. Whether or not in pure power Bane and Starkiller at peak were at the same level, from the destructive capabilities that Bane showed in his use of the Force, i.e., disintegration by Force Waves, yes, I believe he's capable of managing this in an unfettered state.

As to reentry, he was capable even as a novice Sith of shielding himself in the Force to move through space between planetary bodies, so creating a barrier to survive a ship passing through orbit should also be within his ability.

cs_zoltan
Lmao

Ziggystardust
I'd say bane can either do one ort other. Not both at the same time.

UCanShootMyNova
Starkiller's title novels/games are perfect for what he was, a raw Force conduit. He didn't demonstrate the control over the Force that Bane did. Whether or not in pure power Bane and Starkiller at peak were at the same level, from the destructive capabilities that Bane showed in his use of the Force, i.e., disintegration by Force Waves, yes, I believe he's capable of managing this in an unfettered state.

As to reentry, he was capable even as a novice Sith of shielding himself in the Force to move through space between planetary bodies, so creating a barrier to survive a ship passing through orbit should also be within his ability.

He demonstrated plenty of control. He was able to telekinetically activate explosive and slap TIE's out of the air with force pushes. Well while what you may believe is all well and good there'd need to be some evidence for it for all of us to believe too.

The difference being Starkiller was actively shielding the ship and holding it together as well whilst shielding himself. Not to mention flying through conjoined atmospheres at a bird's pace is going to generate less heat then a sub light speed 300 meter frigate smashing through an atmosphere...

Azronger
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
I'd say bane can either do one ort other. Not both at the same time.

Yeah, this is quite reasonable.

Fated Xtasy

So essentially.

ClighalBane is better than RevanGalen becauseClighalBane is capable of using the Force with great precision?Which he only does with Holocrons, and nowhere else muchimpressivesowowverysheevtier

Checks out.

Emperordmb

Said gate was specifically noted to be a heavy blast door... and 20 meters by 30 meters is well beyond the dimensions of a house.

I'd love to see that tbh

For all of Fated insulting others and their opinions he's a really shit tier debater.

JKBart
Originally posted by JKBart
no
he can't

why is this thread evolving into 3rd page when it's ^ that simple

UCanShootMyNova
People are dumb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.