The Toughest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Who are some of the toughest characters in film/tv?

Just to be clear, it is not an all out "Who is the toughest of all" question. This thread is for anyone who displayed notable toughness relative to their universe. For example, Jaws, from James Bond, is superhumanly durable, and can survive things like falling from an airplane, even though he isn't technically a superhuman in his universe.

That being said, if a legit superhuman/superpowered being displayed exceptional durability relative to other beings on their overall level, they can be mentioned as well.

TheLordofMurder
Rocky Balboa...

Relative to other normal humans (and even those enhanced by steroids...Ivan Drago) his ability to withstand punishment is absolutely superhuman and far, far, beyond that of his peers...

Honorable mention goes to Jake Lamotta (Raging Bull)...

The beating he took against Sugar Ray Robinson (without going down a single time) was mind blowing...

I've seen the actual fight and in the later rounds you can hear people in the background begging the ref to stop the fight, but the ref let the fight go on far longer than he should have as Lamotta took the worse beating in the ring I've ever seen in my life (with the Balboa/Drago fight being the lone exception)...

If anyone wants to see dam near superhuman durablity in real life, they should watch that fight...

The fight was actually named The St Valentines Day Massacre (after the infamous day were Capone and his guys went on a kill spree) and with good reason...

TheLordofMurder
Here's the movie dramatization of the 13th round of the St Valentines Day massacre (in real life Sugar Ray Robinson absolutely punished Jake Lamotta for about 2 and 1/2 rounds)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRr_fXZzzk

Robtard
John McClane thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
McClane one of the correct answers

0mega Spawn
Chev Chelios

golem370
Beck from the Run Down. Hugh Glass from the Revenant.

jaden101
Boris the bullet dodger from Snatch

Ascendancy
Lucas Hood from Banshee is about as ridiculously tough as they get in the TV realm. He is the John McClain of television.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Chev Chelios

I was going to mention him too. I mean surviving this was pretty ridiculous:

S8SKocO4ANE

Jmanghan
...****ing...

Marv from Sin City.

Really?

No one?

Gets shot in the head after being run over, and survives a shock from the electric chair.

golem370
He is cool but he is superhuman so even for movies. Wolverine adamantium bonding, heat from a atomic bomb having bits of him blown off his body jumping off that silo being shot repeatedly with his healing weakend Sword through the chest hand digging around his chest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.