Daredevil vs Shang chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
i searched the forums and couldnt find such thread. so here we go i made one. shang chi fights daredevil. who is going to win this?

thanos-prime
DD

Dareangel
I also think double D takes it

deathslash
Shang should win. He's just that much more skilled

Dareangel
Originally posted by deathslash
Shang should win. He's just that much more skilled

skillwise i dont think he has a noticeble edge over daredevil. i mean daredevil already fought him and yes daredevil was possessed by the beast, but it didnt give him any special skills it just gave him other powers. however when he used his skills to take out shang it was him. as far as agility i think they are preety even. strength wise daredevil is stronger by feats. stamina and durability when normal i think matt has a slight edge, but again shang chi has that feat of taking a full punch from hiroim but then again he blocked it with his hands and he still was very hurt. indeed an impressive feat nevertheless. i do think overall matt will take the majority but very close fights all of them.
there is also the feat where daredevil took out gorgon with a drop kick, while shang chi just couldnt do real damage to gorgon. if you ask me and as a daredevil fan, i think it was a PIS matt took out gorgon witht hat kick but just pointed that out.

Supermutant
I don't see a significant advantage either way. Stalemate

Supermutant
Originally posted by Dareangel
i searched the forums and couldnt find such thread.

lol fyi

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t522322.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t584408.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t458837.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t376107.html

deathslash
skillwise i dont think he has a noticeble edge over daredevil. i mean daredevil already fought him and yes daredevil was possessed by the beast, but it didnt give him any special skills it just gave him other powers. however when he used his skills to take out shang it was him. as far as agility i think they are preety even. strength wise daredevil is stronger by feats. stamina and durability when normal i think matt has a slight edge, but again shang chi has that feat of taking a full punch from hiroim but then again he blocked it with his hands and he still was very hurt. indeed an impressive feat nevertheless. i do think overall matt will take the majority but very close fights all of them.
there is also the feat where daredevil took out gorgon with a drop kick, while shang chi just couldnt do real damage to gorgon. if you ask me and as a daredevil fan, i think it was a PIS matt took out gorgon witht hat kick but just pointed that out. look, you seem like a nice enough person and you also appear to be knowledgeable enough regarding the characters, but you probably don't know Shang Chi well enough if you think he doesn't have a skill advantage. Using skills alone, he had Gorgon on the ropes. The very same Gorgon that was owning elektra and wolverine at the same time. He also regularly fought the cat and beat him on several occasions. the very same cat that owned Deadpool on two separate occasions and was very deliberately a peer of ironfist. He also managed to stalemate spider-man after training him in martial arts (and we all know how well Matt does against Spidey). Also, the heroim feat isn't the only one that he has in regards to durability. He also took a full on uppercut from a dragon that sent him sailing several blocks away. I'd also like to note that Shang was capable of sending the red hulk flying with a single kick (striking power matters more, not normal strength) and the feat of him blocking heroim also doubles as a strength feat (why do so many people forget that?). It should also be noted that Black Panther noted just how good he is and even suggested that he's iron fist's superior (it's likely that Shang is more skilled and Danny has far better chi power).

DarkSaint85
Shang also knocked Rulk around....

Dareangel
look, you seem like a nice enough person and you also appear to be knowledgeable enough regarding the characters, but you probably don't know Shang Chi well enough if you think he doesn't have a skill advantage. Using skills alone, he had Gorgon on the ropes. The very same Gorgon that was owning elektra and wolverine at the same time. He also regularly fought the cat and beat him on several occasions. the very same cat that owned Deadpool on two separate occasions and was very deliberately a peer of ironfist. He also managed to stalemate spider-man after training him in martial arts (and we all know how well Matt does against Spidey). Also, the heroim feat isn't the only one that he has in regards to durability. He also took a full on uppercut from a dragon that sent him sailing several blocks away. I'd also like to note that Shang was capable of sending the red hulk flying with a single kick (striking power matters more, not normal strength) and the feat of him blocking heroim also doubles as a strength feat (why do so many people forget that?). It should also be noted that Black Panther noted just how good he is and even suggested that he's iron fist's superior (it's likely that Shang is more skilled and Danny has far better chi power).

thanks. i am new here and trying to learn myself. shang outskilled gorgon but it wasnt enough and gorgon took him out. daredevil took gorgon out with a kick. i think its a little AMC logic because if we look at gorgon in his best showings when he owned wolverine and elektra at the same time, then shang putskilling him, daredevil dropping him with a kick we wont get too far and will have a weird understanding on the characters. daredevil also has great skill showings like greatly outskilling punisher, deadpool, even getting the better out of black panther. black panther is stating his own opinion about shang chi, daredevil atually gets the better out of him. daredevil outskilled taskmaster and made Cap admit that if it wasnt for his stats advantage he would have a hard time vs Daredevil. i am not saying daredevil is more skilled than shang chi. i am simply stating shang chi doesnt have a noticeble advantage over daredevil in skills if any at all. i think many will agree with that

deathslash
thanks. i am new here and trying to learn myself. shang outskilled gorgon but it wasnt enough and gorgon took him out. daredevil took gorgon out with a kick. i think its a little AMC logic because if we look at gorgon in his best showings when he owned wolverine and elektra at the same time, then shang putskilling him, daredevil dropping him with a kick we wont get too far and will have a weird understanding on the characters. daredevil also has great skill showings like greatly outskilling punisher, deadpool, even getting the better out of black panther. black panther is stating his own opinion about shang chi, daredevil atually gets the better out of him. daredevil outskilled taskmaster and made Cap admit that if it wasnt for his stats advantage he would have a hard time vs Daredevil. i am not saying daredevil is more skilled than shang chi. i am simply stating shang chi doesnt have a noticeble advantage over daredevil in skills if any at all. i think many will agree with that oh god, I got two sentences in to your post and I already have to tell you that you're wrong. Shang didn't take Gorgon out because the guy has an insane healing factor and sabertooth+ level stats to boot. Daredevil took him out during a point in time in which Gorgon was using an unfamiliar fighting style (wolverine's) and even then, Matt took him out after he'd finished fighting iron fist. Shang actually did that much damage because he's that skilled, Matt took him down after he'd fought one of the best martial artists in marvel and IIRC, he beat him with a suckershot. Pretty sure that taskmaster had him on the ropes and likewise, he's been taken out by crossbones, elektra, bullseye, and many others. Outskilling panther? The guy took three uncontested hits from him, hit him with a knee and then left. How exactly is that outskilling? There's also the fact that that fight happened waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy before he made that comment about Shang. For all we know, panther got more skilled since then and still rates Shang above Danny.

Dareangel
oh god, I got two sentences in to your post and I already have to tell you that you're wrong. Shang didn't take Gorgon out because the guy has an insane healing factor and sabertooth+ level stats to boot. Daredevil took him out during a point in time in which Gorgon was using an unfamiliar fighting style (wolverine's) and even then, Matt took him out after he'd finished fighting iron fist. Shang actually did that much damage because he's that skilled, Matt took him down after he'd fought one of the best martial artists in marvel and IIRC, he beat him with a suckershot. Pretty sure that taskmaster had him on the ropes and likewise, he's been taken out by crossbones, elektra, bullseye, and many others. Outskilling panther? The guy took three uncontested hits from him, hit him with a knee and then left. How exactly is that outskilling? There's also the fact that that fight happened waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy before he made that comment about Shang. For all we know, panther got more skilled since then and still rates Shang above Danny.

you contradict yourself in your post. you claim gorgon was able to whitstand shang because of his healing factor which is so great(and it is), but when it comes to matt knocking him out, you suddenly bring the fact he fought iron fist and forget his healing factor. well it works both ways. when fighting iron fist he was healing as well therefor when matt kicked him in the face he was just fine due to his healing factor. no actual injury was delivered a moment before the kick. the kick wasnt a chain to some other attack. gorgon was standing and got knocked out by daredevil. so shang couldnt knock him out and daredevil did just that.

nope, daredevil outskilled taskmaster. shang got pinned down by wolverine without much effort and defeated. wolverine in his feral state by the way. less usage of skills.

oh come on, daredevil has dozens of years mainstream comics, of course he is going to have losts here and there. dozesn of years he has his own main title and this is the best you come up with? over the time he lost to bullseye there re tons of other moments where he took him out. Elektra is his love. crossbones didnt beat him as far as i remember. matt avoided his hits and landed his own. matt outfought black panther in their fight. panther was down after they traded blows. i think it is very clear that in that fight daredevil got the upper hand and thats all i was saying. and the best you can come up with is black panther stating that shang is the best? come on give me a break. since when a characters statement is > real feats and showings. iron fist will destroy shang chi.

back to actual feats. daredevil and shang already fought and daredevil took his arm out and him easily. yes he was posessed by the beast which gave him durability. however the beast did not effect his fighting skills and daredevil took shang chi out using his skills. there you have it an on panel fight between the 2 and daredevil the victor.

deathslash
you contradict yourself in your post. you claim gorgon was able to whitstand shang because of his healing factor which is so great(and it is), but when it comes to matt knocking him out, you suddenly bring the fact he fought iron fist and forget his healing factor. well it works both ways. when fighting iron fist he was healing as well therefor when matt kicked him in the face he was just fine due to his healing factor. no actual injury was delivered a moment before the kick. the kick wasnt a chain to some other attack. gorgon was standing and got knocked out by daredevil. so shang couldnt knock him out and daredevil did just that.

nope, daredevil outskilled taskmaster. shang got pinned down by wolverine without much effort and defeated. wolverine in his feral state by the way. less usage of skills.

oh come on, daredevil has dozens of years mainstream comics, of course he is going to have losts here and there. dozesn of years he has his own main title and this is the best you come up with? over the time he lost to bullseye there re tons of other moments where he took him out. Elektra is his love. crossbones didnt beat him as far as i remember. matt avoided his hits and landed his own. matt outfought black panther in their fight. panther was down after they traded blows. i think it is very clear that in that fight daredevil got the upper hand and thats all i was saying. and the best you can come up with is black panther stating that shang is the best? come on give me a break. since when a characters statement is > real feats and showings. iron fist will destroy shang chi.

back to actual feats. daredevil and shang already fought and daredevil took his arm out and him easily. yes he was posessed by the beast which gave him durability. however the beast did not effect his fighting skills and daredevil took shang chi out using his skills. there you have it an on panel fight between the 2 and daredevil the victor. confused wow. I'm gonna need to nip this in the bud right now. Throughout that entire story arc, Gorgon was downplayed. Not just in skill, but in durability speed, and strength. Daredevil managing to knock Gorgon out is PIS and you know it.

Yeah, we are talking about the same fight right? The fight in which taskmaster got thrown from a !moving bus and also got hit by a car?

I brought up panther saying that Shang is better than Danny because it's not just a statement, it's also backed up by the cat (Shang's old enemy) being displayed as an undeniable peer of Danny. I brought it up, because Shang did well against the bride of nine spiders and because Danny considers him to be a peer.

laughing since when did the beast only amp its host's durability. Matt was amped all throughout the shadow land arc. It's a pretty well known fact that being skilled plus having a significant stat advantage is above just being skilled.

riv6672
Shang has the pure skill advantage. DD the agility and damage soak. All things considered? Pretty even fight.

Dareangel
confused wow. I'm gonna need to nip this in the bud right now. Throughout that entire story arc, Gorgon was downplayed. Not just in skill, but in durability speed, and strength. Daredevil managing to knock Gorgon out is PIS and you know it.

Yeah, we are talking about the same fight right? The fight in which taskmaster got thrown from a !moving bus and also got hit by a car?

I brought up panther saying that Shang is better than Danny because it's not just a statement, it's also backed up by the cat (Shang's old enemy) being displayed as an undeniable peer of Danny. I brought it up, because Shang did well against the bride of nine spiders and because Danny considers him to be a peer.

laughing since when did the beast only amp its host's durability. Matt was amped all throughout the shadow land arc. It's a pretty well known fact that being skilled plus having a significant stat advantage is above just being skilled.

you bring all shang feats like knocking the red hulk then no problem i bring daredevil feats as well. you want to discuss the average feats such as shang chi being evenly matched with the cat and pinned down by wolverine we can discuss the more balanced ones.

i will repeat. taskmaster was outfought and outskilled by daredevil.

listen, statements have no weight when we have feats. we got iron fist feats we got shang chi feats. you cant be serious to suggest the cat is a peer to iron fist. maybe the old classic one. sure as hell not current one. again doesnt matter what the characters think or consider. most of those are notes of respect. we got feats and they speak for the characters louder.

because when the beast possessed daredevil, we could see it was harder to kill him. however when daredevil fought again shang chi, he simply used his skills tot ake him out and didnt need any special durability or powers. if you believe the beast somehow enhanced his skills then please evidence.

Dareangel
i will sharpen my point. daredevil IMO is on the same level of skills with shang. he has strength and durability over shang as well. having feats such as knocking gorgon out with 1 hit. taking out psylocke with an elbow strike. getting the upper hand on a blow trading with black panther. beating sabretooth in a punch for punch fight. beating symbiot spiderman in a punch for punch fight. he beat the buiser who was evenly matched with kaine. kaine commented on hos his punches are not having too much effect on the bruiser and daredevil beat that guy. matt IMO will be the last one standing between him and shang, chi amps or no chi amps. shangs chi amps are not on the level of iron fist. with everything shang had and he still couldnt hurt gorgon. daredevil wins the majority, but once again i will repeat, hard fights and injured.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.