Corran Horn vs Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Force
Sabers
All Out

~ In character, both at prime

JKBart
Corran wins sabers for a good majority; he probably loses the Force only fight though.

Corran's skillset makes the Force less important in the regular combat, not to mention none of them is powerful enough for the Force to matter in a fight, nor is the disparity high enough for the Force to matter in a fight. I'll side with Corran in all out fight, with slightly less majority than in sabers only.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by JKBart
Corran wins sabers for a good majority; he probably loses the Force only fight though.

Corran's skillset makes the Force less important in the regular combat, not to mention none of them is powerful enough for the Force to matter in a fight, nor is the disparity high enough for the Force to matter in a fight. I'll side with Corran in all out fight, with slightly less majority than in sabers only.

MythLord
Corran should take sabers, I'd say. However, Ti, being the Force-based powerhouse she is, certainly takes Force and all-out IMO.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by MythLord
Ti, being the Force-based powerhouse .
roll eyes (sarcastic)

MythLord
She is, however. You let your Reti4Hate cloud your judgement.

chingchangwalla
Convince me she isn't shit.

Ursumeles
Does she abuse the force often In duels?

JKBart
Well uhm she hurled debris at Grievous in one fight and then manipulated his cape

Then she used that Force blast on Galen but died either way

That's about it

MythLord
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Convince me she isn't shit.

One cannot prove a negative, only counter a positive. Tell me: why do you think she's shit?

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Does she abuse the force often In duels?

Based on what we've seen from her? Yes.

Ursumeles
Based on what we've seen from her? Yes.
Hmmm...not sure on all-out then. She can't outright ragdoll Corran, so I might give him still a majority.

chingchangwalla
One cannot prove a negative, only counter a positive. Tell me: why do you think she's shit?
I've just never been impressed with any of her feats. Her massive wank in versus series doesn't help either.

MythLord
Hmmm...not sure on all-out then. She can't outright ragdoll Corran, so I might give him still a majority.

Why not? I mean, he can use Tutaminis/Deflection, but as seen with Kyp, that does have his limits.

Ti should be more than able to overwhelm him via considerably greater power.

MythLord
I've just never been impressed with any of her feats. Her massive wank in versus series doesn't help either.

I find holding off an army of MagnaGuards, after just running around Coruscant, for a solid minute or more before using their own electrostaves and cleaving them apart(this being GGs elites that gave Kenobi and Anakin hard times in the EU), and holding a notable edge against Felucia!Galen that can blast away armies, hurl TIE-fighters, murk Rancors; and being canonically "far more formidable" than Kazdan or Kota(the former creating armies with the Force, the latter collapsing a large station) should be impressive.

Versus series wank is utterly irrelevant because Reti and Evan are obviously poshboys, so what they say should be ignored and not impact how she's seen objectively. So far, what I'm getting from this is: a user annoyed you, so you're deliberately lowballing one of their favourite characters in back-lash spite. Petty, really.

Deronn_solo
Corran sweeps.

Ursumeles
Why not? I mean, he can use Tutaminis/Deflection, but as seen with Kyp, that does have his limits.

Ti should be more than able to overwhelm him via considerably greater power.
By Kyp. Naturally, Kyp just moved his hip, but Corran also wasn't battle-ready, IIRC.
She could clearly dominate him with TK, but I doubt she could break his barrier in the middle of a battle, to ragdoll or similar.

Deronn_solo
Comparing Shaak to Kyp is retarded anyway.

chingchangwalla
That last bit was strangely specific and it's somewhat right but it also has something to do with her as a character. I used to hate Ahsoka shit tons but after re-watching the later seasons of TCW, I realised she wasn't so annoying and appreciated her and her accomplishments a lot more. The same can't be said for Shaak as she's a shit character. Complete shit. I know it shouldn't be based off how much you dislike/like a character on forums such this but everyone does it.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
thumb up

Jmanghan
Hmmm...not sure on all-out then. She can't outright ragdoll Corran, so I might give him still a majority. Corran has the worst TK, so she can ragdoll him.

Though his tutaminis though...

Ursumeles
Not everyone can ragdoll Corran, IIRC only Kyp did this.

cs_zoltan
That last bit was strangely specific and it's somewhat right but it also has something to do with her as a character. I used to hate Ahsoka shit tons but after re-watching the later seasons of TCW, I realised she wasn't so annoying and appreciated her and her accomplishments a lot more. The same can't be said for Shaak as she's a shit character. Complete shit. I know it shouldn't be based off how much you dislike/like a character on forums such this but everyone does it.

What's shit about her character?

MythLord

Nobody was doing that, tho.

I'm merely noting she can break his barrier under a continuous use of her more destructive powers.

Selenial

Yeh, Shaak probably wouldn't get pinned to a wall with literal ease by Hamner yes

Emperordmb
thumb up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Selenial
Yeh, Shaak probably wouldn't get pinned to a wall with literal ease by Hamner mmm
While distracted? Yes, she would. Kyp is above Hamner, and Hamner above Shaak smile

Trocity
Corran takes sabers, Shaak takes Force, all out is either way.

Selenial
While distracted? Yes, she would. Kyp is above Hamner, and Hamner above Shaak smile

Oh lord you thought I was serious smile

Ursumeles
No, I just use every ocassion to wank Hamner and Kyp smile
Edit: You can call me Urs, but if you want to call me Lord wink

Ziggystardust

http://i63.tinypic.com/155th4z.png

UCanShootMyNova
Wouldn't that just put the breaks on Ziggy? Or are using a fancy newer bike that rolls backwards?

Trocity
My bike has the brakes on the handlebars; when you peddle backwards, it doesn't do anything. smile

Deronn_solo
Yeh, Shaak probably wouldn't get pinned to a wall with literal ease by Hamner yes

True. She'd be too busy being a punching bag to every name character she's ever fought. laughing out loud

Selenial
True. She'd be too busy being a punching bag to every name character she's ever fought. laughing out loud

Better a punching bag for Marek than a chew toy for Kenth Hamner though yes

Deronn_solo
Better a punching bag for Marek than a chew toy for Kenth Hamner though yes

Touche.

JKBart
Both ur favs are shit smile

Jmanghan
Not everyone can ragdoll Corran, IIRC only Kyp did this. In Legends, his TK sucks.

He even says he isn't that good.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
In Legends, his TK sucks.

He even says he isn't that good.
I know that. I just doubt, that only Kyp, IIRC, ever ragdolled him. I doubt that someone as Shaak could do that, tbh.

Jmanghan
I know that. I just doubt, that only Kyp, IIRC, ever ragdolled him. I doubt that someone as Shaak could do that, tbh. Anyone with decent enough TK could ragdoll Horn,

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Anyone with decent enough TK could ragdoll Horn,
Evidence, please. IIRC he had some good defensive force feats, I'll look after them.

MythLord
His Tutaminis would prevent anyone with "decent" TK to overwhelm him. The problem is, Ti's more than just decent with her TK.

Ziggystardust
I her she's rather good at twirling a staff too.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Jmanghan
His Tutaminis would prevent anyone with "decent" TK to overwhelm him. The problem is, Ti's more than just decent with her TK. Yeah, but thats Tutaminis.

I think Urs was trying to argue that someone couldn't ragdoll Horn because of his TK.

MythLord
Nah, he's arguing it because his Tutaminis can literally absorb TK, to an extent. If it could absorb Kyp's TK to a point, it can absorb Ti's.

Of course, a barrage of that and Kinetite might be too much for Corran to ultimately handle, but I doubt she'll dominate him completely.

Ursumeles
Nah, he's arguing it because his Tutaminis can literally absorb TK, to an extent. If it could absorb Kyp's TK to a point, it can absorb Ti's.

Of course, a barrage of that and Kinetite might be too much for Corran to ultimately handle, but I doubt she'll dominate him completely.
Nah, I am arguing that NJO is da best wink
More or less, I am still waiting for soneone of Shaaks caliber ragdolling Corran.

MythLord
An appeal to ignorance. Logically, she shouldn't ragdoll, but she'll definitely overpower his defenses.

Ursumeles
Yeah, she is dominating her. I'll say all-out is an even split for now.

gold slorg
Corran wins in 2 strikes, 3 if Shaak is bloodlusted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.