Strength and Power vs Agility and Power ( Lightsabers Only )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
TCW Anakin Skywalker.
Ulic Qel Droma.
RotJ Luke Skywalker

vs.

DD Quinlan Vos.
Rebels Ahsoka Tano.
Composite Grievous.

chingchangwalla
Team 1

UCanShootMyNova
Edited it to composite Grievous ( I.E. Stalemating Maul on a DS nexus ).

DarthAnt66
When?

UCanShootMyNova
When what?

DarthAnt66
When did Grievous stalemate Maul on a DS nexus?

UCanShootMyNova
In SoD. I can find the scan if you like.

chingchangwalla
Syndi doing his best to subtly lowball Maul. Fgt

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, trading blows with Maul on Dathomir doesn't mean a stalemate.

Emperordmb
If this is DD Vos, team one in a good fight. If Legends Vos... team one stomps.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lmfao, trading blows with Maul on Dathomir doesn't mean a stalemate.

They fought evenly...

DarthAnt66
How? Again, trading blows doesn't mean they fought evenly.

Superior opponents don't always immediately put the weaker on the defensive.

UCanShootMyNova
They had two encounters of unknown timespans. Maul landed a push on Grievous. Grievous landed a kick on Maul.

EmperorSidious2
Team 1

DarthAnt66
And neither encounter ended with a conclusive stalemate, victory, or defeat for either of them. thumb up

Crossing blades and trading blows for an undefined amount of time isn't a stalemate.

Stalemates in battles are extremely rare, and off the top of my head the only examples I can think of are:

- Exar Kun vs Ulic-Qel Droma, in which it was STATED to be a stalemate and that they could have fought for hours.

- Tol Braga vs Darth Sajar, in which they fought for three days straight before Braga persuaded Sajar to join the Jedi.

- Anakin Skywalker vs Dooku (the Dark Disciple battle), where again it was STATED to be a stalemate between the two.

chingchangwalla
Maul would wreck Grievous in a long fight. If big Grievo gains any advantage in sabers, Maul will get pissed and smash him to bits or ragdoll him.

UCanShootMyNova
And neither encounter ended with a conclusive stalemate, victory, or defeat for either of them. thumb up

Crossing blades and trading blows for an undefined amount of time isn't a stalemate.

Stalemates in battles are extremely rare, and off the top of my head the only examples I can think of are:

- Exar Kun vs Ulic-Qel Droma, in which it was STATED to be a stalemate and that they could have fought for hours.

- Tol Braga vs Darth Sajar, in which they fought for three days straight before Braga persuaded Sajar to join the Jedi.

- Anakin Skywalker vs Dooku (the Dark Disciple battle), where again it was STATED to be a stalemate between the two.

If neither gained an advantage over the other after a decent period it indicates that they're relatively even in whatever form of combat they were taking part in.

Sorry I said "stalemate" rather then "fought evenly."

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Maul would wreck Grievous in a long fight. If big Grievo gains any advantage in sabers, Maul will get pissed and smash him to bits or ragdoll him.

Seems unlikely given his amped telekinesis was only capable of BFR'ing him.

chingchangwalla
'Amped' go fck yourself with your amps

DarthAnt66
You can't even say that, because we never even saw them fight on panel besides one strike in which Grievous dodges Maul's attack.

You're completely speculating it was even. Maul could have been pushing Grievous back and then ended it with a Force push.

Point being we don't know, and using it as anything other than proof that Grievous isn't slaughtered by the higher ups is misleading.

UCanShootMyNova
You can't even say that, because we never even saw them fight on panel besides one strike in which Grievous dodges Maul's attack.

You're completely speculating it was even. Maul could have been pushing Grievous back and then ended it with a Force push.

Point being we don't know, and using it as anything other than proof that Grievous isn't slaughtered by the higher ups is misleading.

Seems unlikely given Grievous has pierced his guard before and Force users generally resort to the Force when they themselves are being pushed.

Well he'd actually be superior to Maul based off those showings given it was a Darkside nexus. smile

chingchangwalla
Nice assumptions Evan thumb up

carthage
Ahsoka probably can't beat any of them, and Grievous is too inconsistent to suggest he'd take any of them as well

DarthAnt66
Kicking Maul isn't piercing his guard, especially doing it when in a bladelock.

And frankly, Maul uses the Force as he pleases.

chingchangwalla
He's a practitioner of Niman so it's not unlikely it was just part of his sequence

UCanShootMyNova
Kicking Maul isn't piercing his guard, especially doing it when in a bladelock.

And frankly, Maul uses the Force as he pleases.

You understand that Grievous loses balance, leverage and force behind the blade lock by taking a leg off the ground for a kick. That Grievous was capable of such demonstrates he has a solid strength advantage over Maul or is simply fast enough to pull it off without Maul being able to press the blade lock or disengage. Perhaps it's a combination of the two.

Not when engaged in lightsaber combat with a relative equal. A prime example being when he engaged Kenobi with his brother on Florum and only pushes Kenobi and collapses the tunnel after his brother's arm was severed. I question why he didn't just do this mid fight and come to the conclusion that as of TCW it's not his MO to employ the Force mid combat unless he's being pressed.

Trocity
Syndi stonewalling ching lmao. thumb up

Deronn_solo
TCW Anakin Skywalker > DD Quinlan Vos.
Ulic Qel Droma > Ahsoka
RotJ Luke Skywalker > GG.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
TCW Anakin Skywalker > DD Quinlan Vos.

?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Trocity
Syndi stonewalling ching lmao. thumb up
Hilarious aye, the great Syndicate refuses to acknowledge my existence

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
?

Did I stutter?

chingchangwalla
TCW Anakin isn't > DD Vos. I know the writing is bad but Quin did beat Dooku and in a convincing manner whilst Anakin was still get beat :/
Plus Vos' ragdolling of Ventress

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Did I stutter?

Just curious if you were sure of the version.

SunRazer
There's a few Anakin vs Dooku matches that are said to be even, IIRC.

Azronger
Team 1

Ursumeles
Team 1

Ziggystardust
Qel droma solos

Total Warrior
Couldn't Vos beat RotJ Luke, Ahsoka beat TCW Anakin and then team up against Uliq?

chingchangwalla
^ Then Ulic just kills them all

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Couldn't Vos beat RotJ Luke?
No.

chingchangwalla
^ He very well could, honestly.

Ursumeles
Statlemating Vader>beating Dooku while enraged.
And RotJ Luke is the MVP, if Vos could beat him, he could beat Ulic

chingchangwalla
Honestly not. Dooku is ahead of Vader...

Ursumeles
You could make a case for that, but Vos was still enraged iirc.

chingchangwalla
Not in the first fight I don't think. But considering how Vos is bloodlusted in almost every fight he's featured in, I wouldn't rule out him becoming real pissed 'just because'

Total Warrior
Not in the first fight I don't think. But considering how Vos is bloodlusted in almost every fight he's featured in, I wouldn't rule out him becoming real pissed 'just because' He was enraged in the first and third fight against Dooku. In the second fight Dooku describes him as "calmer" and "unburdened"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.