London's Islamic Mayor tells Migrants not to assimilate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Politico
London's first Muslim mayor warns migrants not to assimilate the Western values that built what they are fleeing to, but to hang on to the religion and values responsible for what they are fleeing from.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/16/londons-muslim-mayor-tells-u-s-audience-immigrants-shouldnt-assimilate/

SquallX
Originally posted by Politico
London's first Muslim mayor warns migrants not to assimilate the Western values that built what they are fleeing to, but to hang on to the religion and values responsible for what they are fleeing from.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/16/londons-muslim-mayor-tells-u-s-audience-immigrants-shouldnt-assimilate/

laughing laughing

Scribble
Can you find a link for this that isn't a renowned and incredibly biased right-wing website? I've tried finding actual evidence for Khan saying this but when I google it all I get are right-wing rags and in the Breitbart one, it doesn't have a link to any source for the supposed integration comment.

Stigma
Originally posted by Scribble
Can you find a link for this that isn't a renowned and incredibly biased right-wing website? I've tried finding actual evidence for Khan saying this but when I google it all I get are right-wing rags and in the Breitbart one, it doesn't have a link to any source for the supposed integration comment.
TBH Breitbart is usually very reliable but I'd also like for them to have a soure for that.

In any case, the issue of integration of Muslims in London or GB at large is a problem one may observe with their own eyes either way.

BTW Scribble are you British? I think you mentioned it somewhere?

Politico

So if CNN posted it you would do what? Considering CNN has been caught editing film you would still take heir word for it over Breitbart. Can to explain your bias to dishonest media sources?

Surtur

Can you locate me something Breitbart has done to make you question them? Likewise if you had to just choose any non-bias news site off the top of your head..what would that site be?

Just a hypothetical though: if you found 100% proof this was said..the mayor is a big piece of shit, right? Like that would not be something up for debate if this were true, correct?

Since yeah I kinda hope the article IS somehow wrong since..what then lol? What then if the article is not wrong? London now has an Islamic mayor telling other muslims not to assimilate. IMO that should result in him immediately not being the mayor anymore. But he's muslim so if that happened people would say it's because of Muslim hatred. So would London just be kinda..stuck with someone shitty in charge? Bright side is if Hilary wins the upcoming election..the USA would then have even MORE in common with the UK.

Beniboybling

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/16/londons-muslim-mayor-tells-u-s-audience-immigrants-shouldnt-assimilate/ Literally in one of the links in that article:

"Donald Trump and those around him think that Western liberal values are incompatible with mainstream Islam - London has proved him wrong."

"So my point to Donald Trump is: if it is the case that your views on Islam are ignorant, if it is the case that you have not met Muslims who are compatible with, comfortable with Western values, to all purposes 'normal' - come to London."

"There are literally hundreds of thousands of Londoners who are Muslim and Western. Meet my family, meet me, meet my friends, meet other Londoners and hopefully that will reassure that it's possible."

Huh, that's weird. Seems like Khan actually believes that Muslims can and should adopt Western values after all. Maybe that's because, once again, Breitbart is putting a biased doomsday slant on anything remotely Islam related. I mean seriously, this is the same site that tried to conflate Khan's opposition to body shaming ads with some kind of Muslim agenda. Of course they are unreliable. That comes with being incredibly biased. But yeah, I'm sure the Mayor of London is actually mutilating the genitalia of his wife and kids in secret.

Scribble
Originally posted by Stigma
TBH Breitbart is usually very reliable but I'd also like for them to have a soure for that.

In any case, the issue of integration of Muslims in London or GB at large is a problem one may observe with their own eyes either way.

BTW Scribble are you British? I think you mentioned it somewhere? Yeah I'm British, I used to live in London but now I live up North.

So if CNN posted it you would do what? Considering CNN has been caught editing film you would still take heir word for it over Breitbart. Can to explain your bias to dishonest media sources?
My 'bias' is that the article doesn't have a source. If CNN posted it, or even Fox tbh, they'd probably have a video of him saying it, or pictures from when he said it, or a full transcript of the speech/conversation rather than just snippets, etc. I'm not saying that Breitbart is entirely untrustworthy, I'm literally just saying they need a source for this. Facts are more useful than "Someone said a thing."

Originally posted by Surtur
Can you locate me something Breitbart has done to make you question them? Likewise if you had to just choose any non-bias news site off the top of your head..what would that site be?

Just a hypothetical though: if you found 100% proof this was said..the mayor is a big piece of shit, right? Like that would not be something up for debate if this were true, correct?

Since yeah I kinda hope the article IS somehow wrong since..what then lol? What then if the article is not wrong? London now has an Islamic mayor telling other muslims not to assimilate. IMO that should result in him immediately not being the mayor anymore. But he's muslim so if that happened people would say it's because of Muslim hatred. So would London just be kinda..stuck with someone shitty in charge? Bright side is if Hilary wins the upcoming election..the USA would then have even MORE in common with the UK. See my above post. It's not Breitbart itself, it's that there is literally no evidence of him saying this.

Although if you actually look at what he supposedly said, it's summed up as: "They should integrate, not assimilate." Essentially saying that they should merge with our culture, but that nobody should be expected to just entirely drop their own culture for another, even if they live in another country. If I moved to another country I'm still going to drink tea, eat crumpets and talk to my English-speaking friends in English, but when outside I'll speak in the native tongue of the country I live in, I'll learn and utilise their customs, adopt parts of their dress sense, etc.

Full disclosure: I'm not the biggest fan of Sadiq Khan by any means.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Huh, that's weird. Seems like Khan actually believes that Muslims can and should adopt Western values after all. Maybe that's because, once again, Breitbart is putting a biased doomsday slant on anything remotely Islam related. I mean seriously, this is the same site that tried to conflate Khan's opposition to body shaming ads with some kind of Muslim agenda. Of course they are unreliable. That comes with being incredibly biased. But yeah, I'm sure the Mayor of London is actually mutilating the genitalia of his wife and kids in secret. Yeah, it's essentially just pathos-inducing clickbait.

Politico
Yeah I'm British, I used to live in London but now I live up North.

My 'bias' is that the article doesn't have a source. If CNN posted it, or even Fox tbh, they'd probably have a video of him saying it, or pictures from when he said it, or a full transcript of the speech/conversation rather than just snippets, etc. I'm not saying that Breitbart is entirely untrustworthy, I'm literally just saying they need a source for this. Facts are more useful than "Someone said a thing."

Yeah, it's essentially just pathos-inducing clickbait.

Actually you are incorrect, the source was the person who said it. Are you suggesting that now Breitbart is lying because they didn't by chance have a video of him saying it. By that logic you are implying that everything is false if there is no video to back up the evidence. This can be exponentially expanded to all walks of life, court cases, and daily life.

Robtard
Lol, thread forever pwned. ****ing Breitbart getting the loonies all up in arms.

Politico
Originally posted by Robtard
Lol, thread forever pwned. ****ing Breitbart getting the loonies all up in arms.
Needed to quote this before the edit.

On Trip to US, London Mayor Says Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate
http://www.voanews.com/a/on-trip-to-us-london-mayor-says-immigrants-shouldnt-have-to-assimilate/3511670.html

Visiting US, London mayor says immigrants shouldn't have to assimilate
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/ visiting_us_london_mayor_says_immigrants_shouldnt_
have_to_assimilate.html

Also lets go over all the other sources. Ironically, they all say the same thing, so is the Chicago Tribune lying now?

Chicago Tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-sadiq-khan-mayor-london-integration-perspec-0915-md-20160914-story.html

Robtard
Needed to quote this before the edit.

On Trip to US, London Mayor Says Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate
http://www.voanews.com/a/on-trip-to-us-london-mayor-says-immigrants-shouldnt-have-to-assimilate/3511670.html

Visiting US, London mayor says immigrants shouldn't have to assimilate
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/ visiting_us_london_mayor_says_immigrants_shouldnt_
have_to_assimilate.html

Also lets go over all the other sources. Ironically, they all say the same thing, so is the Chicago Tribune lying now?

Chicago Tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-sadiq-khan-mayor-london-integration-perspec-0915-md-20160914-story.html

What edit?

Once again you didn't read the story and just the headline, you should really stop doing that.

However, the less integrated our societies are, the greater the economic and social costs we face, now and in the future. Failure to integrate impedes economic growth by limiting opportunities and prolonging unemployment. It feeds extremism — whether in the Muslim community or the far right. It causes anxiety and fear of crime and causes mistrust between people." -snip

Seems Khan is all about integration and coexisting.

Politico
Once again? It appears you read the headline and decided it was not true based on what exactly?

Video evidence
odlKkT6ii6E

Robtard

Robtard
KMC is doing that thing again where you can't edit if you copy/pasted.

But "sock", wasn't calling you sick.

"We should create the right conditions for new migrants to integrate fully, and we should be clear about our values and our expectations of them."

Not sure how you read that line from Khan and thought the opposite.

Politico
So you now admit you read the headline and assumed it was wrong based on assuming it was wrong, then took that snip which isn't the part where he says immigrants should not assimilate, then when I posted video evidence of exactly what he said you have what to say exactly? The snip isn't the part he actually said about the assimilation.

Are we to assume this is a lie as well?

http://www.meforum.org/blog/2016/09/sadiq-khan-immigrants-shouldnt-assimilate

You are the only one that keeps using personal insults with someone you disagree with, have I insulted you in any way?

I do not feel like getting long winded with this so feel free to not engage anymore, the conversation on you're side seems to already divulged into baseless accusations and name calling.

Robtard
No. I did not admit to any such nonsense and this "no you!" tactic is silly. So stop? Where have I personally insulted you?

I'll just leave this here again for you: "We shouldn't be embarrassed to say that immigrants should learn our way of life - for example, people employed in public-sector jobs in London should speak English. Our public institutions should promote our common values and laws. We need to ensure our housing and planning laws mean we design and build integrated communities and institutions where neighbors have real reasons to come together. We should create the right conditions for new migrants to integrate fully, and we should be clear about our values and our expectations of them." -Khan

Your Chicago Tribune post is a pretty good story, you really should read it in full. It's worth the Time.

edit: To your "meform.org" post, they just copied part of what the Chicago Tribune story had.

"One of the lessons from around the world is that a laissez-faire or hands-off approach to social integration doesn't work. We need rules, institutions, and support to enable people to integrate into cohesive communities and for the avoidance of doubt, I don't mean assimilation, I mean integration, and there's a difference" -Khan

Once again, if you only read the headline, you don't get the full story.

Scribble
Actually you are incorrect, the source was the person who said it. Are you suggesting that now Breitbart is lying because they didn't by chance have a video of him saying it. By that logic you are implying that everything is false if there is no video to back up the evidence. This can be exponentially expanded to all walks of life, court cases, and daily life. I can't find evidence of it on any site that isn't right-leaning, most of which seem to have copied the Breitbart article wholesale. Would you believe a left-biased website saying that Donald Trump said something or other with no unbiased sources as a backup? I doubt it.
Chicago Tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-sadiq-khan-mayor-london-integration-perspec-0915-md-20160914-story.html Finally. Thank you.

His comments are clearly twisted in the Breitbart article, though.
Once again you didn't read the story and just the headline, you should really stop doing that. I'm surprised at how frequent this happens here these days. Doesn't take much to actually look into what you're reading and make your opinion of it, I don't think anyway, so it's strange that people still do it so much.

The idea that he said "Don't assimilate" is so far removed from "Integrate and abide by our laws and customs, but don't feel obliged to throw your own culture away entirely" (which you covered well in your last post with that quote from Khan) and the headlines that twist it that way are, again, pathos-inducing clickbait.

Stigma
Yeah I'm British, I used to live in London but now I live up North.
Cool. Which part of London btw? Central London is great! First time I went there and I had a good luck to see the Queen few feet away as she was attending some celebration in a church. I also stayed for some time in West London, closer to Heathrow.

I've actually seen the whole tube stops with signs in English crossed out and phrases in Arabic written in spray paint.

There were also areas that my friends warned me not to go into because they are "taken over" by the Muslims and violence against non-Muslism is common. I have a few stories in mind that come from friends who are white and non-white, but all non-Muslim.

Indeed, given that some of those friends were Hindus or Latin Americans it made me realize that it's not only a problem of Muslims targetting people who are white, but it's an ideological problem that Islam imposes on other cultures.

Anyways.... I hear North England is pretty rainy smile

Robtard

I'm surprised at how frequent this happens here these days. Doesn't take much to actually look into what you're reading and make your opinion of it, I don't think anyway, so it's strange that people still do it so much.

The idea that he said "Don't assimilate" is so far removed from "Integrate and abide by our laws and customs, but don't feel obliged to throw your own culture away entirely" (which you covered well in your last post with that quote from Khan) and the headlines that twist it that way are, again, pathos-inducing clickbait.

It seems the writers of the twist-the-facts-headline articles rely on the lazy reader, the one that will only read the headline and base their opinion off of that or the reader who will then dive into the article with a predisposition mindset. I believe today we saw a lot of the former.

Politico
Cool. Which part of London btw? Central London is great! First time I went there and I had a good luck to see the Queen few feet away as she was attending some celebration in a church. I also stayed for some time in West London, closer to Heathrow.

I've actually seen the whole tube stops with signs in English crossed out and phrases in Arabic written in spray paint.

There were also areas that my friends warned me not to go into because they are "taken over" by the Muslims and violence against non-Muslism is common. I have a few stories in mind that come from friends who are white and non-white, but all non-Muslim.

Indeed, given that some of those friends were Hindus or Latin Americans it made me realize that it's not only a problem of Muslims targetting people who are white, but it's an ideological problem that Islam imposes on other cultures.

Anyways.... I hear North England is pretty rainy smile

Is it true UK is building a wall in France?

Scribble

Scribble
Is it true UK is building a wall in France? I believe that this is true, whilst I think it may be a bit of an extreme move due to how much money it will cost (which will be paid for by the taxpayers), I can understand why they want to do it.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37421525

Politico
Why are they building it in France, and why is the UK have to be responsible for it when they just left the EU.

Scribble
Why are they building it in France, and why is the UK have to be responsible for it when they just left the EU. It's around the Calais refugee camp, there are refugees regularly getting out and trying to reach the UK down the Channel Tunnel and hiding in trucks and the like. I think it was our government who decided to build it to stop these people.

Surtur
It seems the writers of the twist-the-facts-headline articles rely on the lazy reader, the one that will only read the headline and base their opinion off of that or the reader who will then dive into the article with a predisposition mindset. I believe today we saw a lot of the former.

Basically we continue to allow the media to manipulate us and to play these games. With online sites it's click baits. With tv news channels it's skillful editing and/or the omission of important details.

The thing is we know the media is not to be trusted and we all fall for this sooner or later: taking a headline to actually be a representation of the article(once upon a time in a galaxy far far away this actually occurred).

We're responsible, not just for not reading past the headline..but for so long continuing to allow them to get away with it.

In my mind something CNN recently did just epitomizes this nonsense: when the recent Milwaukee riots happened the brother of the dead victim called for people to stop destroying the city and go destroy the suburbs. CNN snipped the second part off and played only the first part, portraying this person as an evident voice of reason trying to calm an angry crowd.

This is not meant to bring up issues in the black community, the point is: this was random, this was a random person. She wasn't important and there was nothing particularly on the line and they STILL did it. So it scares me to think how they have tricked us for the really important things. To which no doubt those things they probably put a LOT more effort into covering up.

Stigma
@ Scribble,

I cannot properly quote your post for some reaosn, so here's my response.

Same here. I really enjoy London but in short spouts of time, like a weekend or a holiday. The longer I am there, the more overwhelming it gets.

I get it. Would you agree then that the problem lies in the policies that made it possibile for such ghettos to pop up and persist in the UK.

I get that there will be areas in a city that a given ethniciy and/or religion will be dominant, but it's a long way from that to becoming a ghetto.

Not that it's only a British problem, as many Western countires have the same issues at hand, but in Londin it is really visible if you wander off the beaten track, so to speak. And those bad neighborhoods will be predominantly Muslim.

That would be wise. I guess the problem is that this was not the default policy that the UK had, and now they will need to clean up the mess by sanctioning something like that. Not sure how it's going to work tbh.

You don't have to convince me there are some cool Muslims out there as I know two guys from Egypt that live in my hometown, have an Arabic restaurant that I frequent often and are hard-working, decent guys.

But the issue is that Islam is the most violent religion in th world and it is in a dire need of reformation. Much like the Christian reformation in the 15th and 16th centuries. However, as far as I can tell, there is no room for it atm.

Well, bloody hell. wink

I am thinking about going on a holiday to Scotland and perhaps North England next year. Any places that you'd recommend?

Surtur
Bloody rain is not a good sign guys. I think there was an X-Files episode about that.

Stigma
Bloody rain is not a good sign guys. I think there was an X-Files episode about that. Well, all the more interesting then. May be great to see it with bloody Mary in my hand. Not sure if Mulder and Scully would do that, tho.

Surtur
Just don't say "Bloody Mary" around any mirrors and you should be okay.

Stigma
Just don't say "Bloody Mary" around any mirrors and you should be okay.
LOL

Scribble
@ Scribble,

I cannot properly quote your post for some reaosn, so here's my response.

Same here. I really enjoy London but in short spouts of time, like a weekend or a holiday. The longer I am there, the more overwhelming it gets.

I get it. Would you agree then that the problem lies in the policies that made it possibile for such ghettos to pop up and persist in the UK.

I get that there will be areas in a city that a given ethniciy and/or religion will be dominant, but it's a long way from that to becoming a ghetto.

Not that it's only a British problem, as many Western countires have the same issues at hand, but in Londin it is really visible if you wander off the beaten track, so to speak. And those bad neighborhoods will be predominantly Muslim.

That would be wise. I guess the problem is that this was not the default policy that the UK had, and now they will need to clean up the mess by sanctioning something like that. Not sure how it's going to work tbh.

You don't have to convince me there are some cool Muslims out there as I know two guys from Egypt that live in my hometown, have an Arabic restaurant that I frequent often and are hard-working, decent guys.

But the issue is that Islam is the most violent religion in th world and it is in a dire need of reformation. Much like the Christian reformation in the 15th and 16th centuries. However, as far as I can tell, there is no room for it atm.

Well, bloody hell. wink

I am thinking about going on a holiday to Scotland and perhaps North England next year. Any places that you'd recommend? Sorry about the late reply. Yeah, quoting seems to screw up whenever any unusual characters are used, it's annoying, I'll try and avoid them this time.

I'm not sure how things led to these ghettos existing, I wish I had more of a knowledge about all of that really. I'd imagine that their existences are down in some part to the government, but also due to how people of similar types tend to gather together. Birds of a feather and all that. From what I've heard, the Black ghettos are by far the most dangerous, since their gang culture is by now a long-standing tradition and the state schools in those areas are usually underfunded and understaffed, so young Black youths often end up having nothing more to do than joining up with a gang. In those kinds of areas, if you're White you'd better find the nearest exit because anti-White sentiment is huge, unless the White people in question are from the area and have taken up the modes of dress and speech of the Black youth. I haven't personally heard much about Muslim neighbourhoods other than the one I went to school in (which was fairly dangerous before the area got a bit of the old gentrification, although I guess it wasn't a full-on ghettos because there were a lot of working class White families who lived there too), but if they're anything like Black ghettos I imagine they are very dangerous places - and there are plenty of ghettos that are both Black and Pakistani/Bangladeshi mixed that are just as dangerous as the mostly-Black ones.

Islam certainly can be a very dangerous religion due to its doctrine and a huge number of the most Muslim-centric countries are ones with long histories of human rights abuses. I think if we stopped constant Muslim immigration to this country and perhaps Europe in general then Islam will be able to have a reformation much like Christianity did. But because we have so many Muslims moving here who have grown up hard-line, it continues to be difficult to do so as there will always be too much push back from these people. But if there was a reformation, then when other Muslims move here in the future they will realise they actually have to adapt because the Muslims that live here will not side with their sexist, racist, homophobic and regressive version of the religion.

Hmm, places in the North. Well I can't speak much for Scotland because I haven't been there much, but the best cities in the North (imo) are Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle. Although Liverpool has apparently turned around recently and is quite nice too. The Lake District is one of the most beautiful places in the world, but you have to catch it on a good day, otherwise expect to get wet, haha. It rains a hell of a lot there, but when the weather is nice the scenery is absolutely stunning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.