If Palpatine foresaw Anakin's crippling, would he have kept Dooku as his Apprentice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
^?

Ursumeles
I doubt that. With an dead Dooku, he could win the war faster.
Also, Vader>Tyranus.

SunRazer
Vader was still stronger than Tyranus.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader was still stronger than Tyranus.
But has Sidious also forsaw that, in this scenario?

SunRazer
That depends. He'd probably research ways to keep Anakin alive at the minimum, instead of just discarding him because of a Vision.

Beniboybling
Maul's survival and resurgence is said to have been what motivated Sidious to save Vader as a result of Mustafar. So no I don't think he'd have been discarded.

JKBart
He would have ditched both in favor of Kenobi

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Maul's survival and resurgence is said to have been what motivated Sidious to save Vader as a result of Mustafar.

Sam Witwer again?

Kurk
It would have been nice to have a newly suited up Vader to fight a clone of Dooku or something to prove himself worthy.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
^? He abandoned the rule of two anyway, so why not?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Sam Witwer again? Quite, he's a darling isn't he?

Petrus
Had Sidious seen a vision showing Anakin's crippling, I doubt he would've sent him to Mustafar in the first place.

But had he just concluded that there was no way to avoid it, he might've taken measures to ensure he'd still become very powerful, or something like that. I doubt he would've just ignored it, tbh.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Quite, he's a darling isn't he?

By account of being a terrible voice actor and an even worse screen actor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qh3q5mJYeo

darthbane77
No, Vader was still superior to Dooku.

McP
Vader might be superior or inferior to Dooku, doesn't matter at all. Anakin did his job, something that Dooku could be unable to do - due to the fact, that knightfall!Anakin was more powerful and was a war hero - it wouldn't be right, if Dooku would led the attack on the Temple.

I still don't understand why Palpatine decided to continue the Rule of Two. As he said to Yoda, pre-Mustafar Vader would become more powerful then him. Dooku at that point, would be usefull at least as a chain for Anakin. Dooku would not betray Sidious, coz he could only decide whos servant he will be. And he wouldn't choose Anakin, that's obvious.
What happens on Mustafar, was good for Sidious. Vader couldn't overthrown him, and was powerful enough to keep their Empire safe.

Deronn_solo
Why would he go for the significantly inferior Dooku?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Why would he go for the significantly inferior Dooku?
thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
By account of being a terrible voice actor and an even worse screen actor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qh3q5mJYeo Nice performance, got more? I get it though, you're jealous of his chiseled jaw line. smile

relentless1
cyborg Vader was still way beyond Tyranus in Force and duelling abilities.

GM Yoda
Dooku was already too old, so Sidious probably wouldn't have kept Dooku.

Geistalt
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader was still stronger than Tyranus. And younger.

Darth Abonis
I think he would've pitted the two against each other to see who would be the best.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I think he would've pitted the two against each other to see who would be the best.

What right after Anakin got crippled? Lol

MythLord
I mean, if he didn't see the robotic badass wearing leather and just saw a quadriplegic amputee, I would assume he'd keep Tyranus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.