Teleportation of light particles across cities a 'technological breakthrough'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-20/teleportation-of-light-particles-across-cities-breakthrough/7853860

Teleportation of light particles across cities in China and Canada a 'technological breakthrough'

Robtard
So Star Trek transporters by 2020? Sweet.

Surtur
"However, do not expect to see something akin to the Star Trek crew beaming from the planet's surface to the Starship Enterprise."

Why do these people enjoy breaking dreams?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Surtur
"However, do not expect to see something akin to the Star Trek crew beaming from the planet's surface to the Starship Enterprise."

Why do these people enjoy breaking dreams? What do you think fuels the teleporter?

Surtur
Same thing that fuels my car: the tears of orphans. No not of children, just specifically orphans and they need to be "natural" orphans too. So like I couldn't go murder two parents and then immediately harvest the tears of their child, that would be cheating.

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
So Star Trek transporters by 2020? Sweet.
Heck yes.

Mindship
Heisenberg compensators are just around the corner.

Surtur
Yeah but then you have the one episode where Barclay see's something in the transporter beam and everyone is all "you cray cray" and then nope it's some worm parasite thing.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
Heisenberg compensators are just around the corner.
I wanna peek around that corner!

Ascendancy
Isn't the real issue with teleportation of anything of decent mass the immense heat that would be created in reducing said mass to a transmittable, particle form?

Still cool to see. You should have put this in the "future wows" thread I started =p

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.