Colossus (Deadpool) vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Russian mutant vs US super soldier.

Who wins?

golem370
Colossus

carthage
Colossus caves his head in

FrothByte
Cap is strong enough and fast enough to make Colossus work for his victory, especially if he had his shield. He was able to put up a fight against Ultron after all and Colossus isn't quite as fast or as mobile as Ultron.

Still at the end of the day I don't see how Cap puts down Colossus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm sure some clowns will say Cap... wait for it...

TheVaultDweller
Colossus wins. Negasonic landed right next to him and Angel Dust, when she did her area detonation at the end of Deadpool, and he wasn't even KO'd. Don't see how Cap can put him down.

carver9
Colossus stomps, easily.

FrothByte
Originally posted by carver9
Colossus stomps, easily.

Well I won't say easily. Cap is quite fast and with his shield will provide quite a challenge for Colossus to put down.

What I will say though is that Colossus is in no danger of harm.

Utrigita
Colossus for the win. Cap has no way of harming him.

Silent Master
Unlike the Ozy fanboys, Cap fans can admit when he doesn't win a fight.

golem370
If Cap trys to get punch and or kick he will have broke hand or feet.

Robtard
Cap will put up a great fight, but he's losing in the end.

Surtur
Originally posted by golem370
If Cap trys to get punch and or kick he will have broke hand or feet.

I dunno about that, Cap is more durable than any normal person. More than likely he just wouldn't do any damage.

tkitna
Cap loses

golem370
It would hurt him maybe not break something but it would hurt.

FrothByte
Originally posted by golem370
It would hurt him maybe not break something but it would hurt.

He didn't seem to have any trouble punching and kicking Ironman, Warmachine or Ultron.

cdtm
Originally posted by FrothByte
He didn't seem to have any trouble punching and kicking Ironman, Warmachine or Ultron.

And Loki. He's got to be pretty durable to shake off the Hulk beatdown and Iron Man repulsors.

golem370
Yeah I still think he would get hurt just my opinion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hard to say, it likely should hurt him from a technical standpoint and what Colossus consists of. However, like Froth points out, he has showings that seems to illustrate he can and isn't hurt.

K-Dog
Could captain super soldier slam him in the nuts like Angel dust did, using his shield, and hurt him?

Surtur
Especially if Cap punched Ultron's vibranium version he shouldn't have any issues.

BruceSkywalker
Cap puts up a grand glorious fight, but Piotr takes this

Silent Master
If only Ozy fanboys could be as honest as Cap fans.

Surtur
He outsmarted a nigh omnipotent so I hear. What a guy.

FrothByte
I think the question we should be discussing is if you were Cap, how exactly would you try to fight Colossus?

Utrigita
I think the question we should be discussing is if you were Cap, how exactly would you try to fight Colossus?

I imagine he will fight in very much the same way as he did against Ultron, using his shield as his primary way of attacking, and try to grapple with Colossus to try and negate his strength and avoid direct blows from Colossus just as he did against Ultron, when Cap lost his shield.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
If only Ozy fanboys could be as honest as Cap fans. Of course Cap fans are going to say that Cap loses. This thread is a spite thread. Anyone who says otherwise is a troll of the first class.

cdtm
VwCdNJsJLhc
89z8mB3UjjA

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course Cap fans are going to say that Cap loses. This thread is a spite thread. Anyone who says otherwise is a troll of the first class.

If only Ozy fanboys were as honest.

h1a8
If only Ozy fanboys were as honest. create an Ozy vs. Colossus thread. I'd be one of the first to say spite.

Scoobless
Well, the shield can cut through Ultron-bots and cut into Iron Man's armour, which easily withstood a tank shell ... and having recently rewatched Deadpool I have to say that Colossus is the slowest moving character in any comic book movie I can remember.

So putting those things together, the question is simply "Can Steve cut Colossus' metal body with the shield?"
If Yes, he has a chance.
If No, he doesn't.

That said, I can't imagine Colossus would ever land a hit on Cap, so it may just be a stalemate.

golem370
Kingpin in Daredevil.

h1a8
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well, the shield can cut through Ultron-bots and cut into Iron Man's armour, which easily withstood a tank shell ... and having recently rewatched Deadpool I have to say that Colossus is the slowest moving character in any comic book movie I can remember.

So putting those things together, the question is simply "Can Steve cut Colossus' metal body with the shield?"
If Yes, he has a chance.
If No, he doesn't.

That said, I can't imagine Colossus would ever land a hit on Cap, so it may just be a stalemate.
Colossus is more durable than IM. Also cutting ability is different than Blunt force ability. Colossus could punch very fast (VERY FAST). It will be nearly impossible for Cap to dodge Colossus for even 2 minutes, especially when Cap strikes with no effect.

Also, Colossus could just grab Steve and its over.

FrothByte
I'd like to see proof of very fast punching from Colossus.

juggernaut74
He was running pretty fast while carrying Warhead and Angel Dust iirc.

golem370
Did the voice make you think Colossus was like 60?

Silent Master
Colossus is more durable than IM. Also cutting ability is different than Blunt force ability. Colossus could punch very fast (VERY FAST). It will be nearly impossible for Cap to dodge Colossus for even 2 minutes, especially when Cap strikes with no effect.

Also, Colossus could just grab Steve and its over.

Post examples of Colossus punching "very fast"

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggernaut74
He was running pretty fast while carrying Warhead and Angel Dust iirc.

Well that's because he's a pretty tall guy with long powerful legs. Even elephants can run quite fast. That doesn't make them quick.

Surtur
I don't remember very fast punching. But then I don't remember Colossus being particularly slow either.

KingD19
It wasn't so much that he was slow as it was Angel Dust was really skilled and he was holding back against her because of his moral code. He whapped Deadpool before he realized what was happening.

Surtur
Yeah, he didn't want to hurt her and he knows he can take a lot of punishment

juggernaut74
Colossus don't really have any strength feats that I can recall. How do we know for sure if he's stronger than Cap?

carthage
He and Angel Dust were grappling through tons of compacted trash or something iirc

K-Dog
Only way it's happening is if shield meets balls with plenty o' power. 💪🏻😫

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't remember very fast punching. But then I don't remember Colossus being particularly slow either.

Post examples of Colossus punching "very fast"

I'd like to see proof of very fast punching from Colossus.
look at 0:33 and 0:38 and 0:54

He punches very fast because he sends her flying far away. In some parts of the fight he doesn't punch fast. This could be to him holding back. But he definitely has the potential to snap some lightning quick punches with extreme forces.
youtu.be/FF6a-XZEm0o

Silent Master
None of those look very fast.

h1a8
None of those look very fast. They were lightning fast. He snapped them out instantly and she flew far away. The ones she blocked or ducked didn't look fast at all though.

Silent Master
They weren't lightning fast, as anyone that watches the clip can clearly see.

h1a8
They weren't lightning fast, as anyone that watches the clip can clearly see. They were. You couldn't really see the movement. It was near instantaneous. Faster than any punch Cap threw in all 5 films

FrothByte
They were. You couldn't really see the movement. It was near instantaneous. Faster than any punch Cap threw in all 5 films

Your clip is unavailable.

Silent Master
They were. You couldn't really see the movement. It was near instantaneous. Faster than any punch Cap threw in all 5 films

I saw the movement just fine, they weren't lightning fast. maybe you need glasses.

Robtard
Colossus is a lumbering brawler in DP, he's not prime Mike Tyson throwing explosive combos.

Surtur
look at 0:33 and 0:38 and 0:54

He punches very fast because he sends her flying far away. In some parts of the fight he doesn't punch fast. This could be to him holding back. But he definitely has the potential to snap some lightning quick punches with extreme forces.
FF6a-XZEm0o

So yeah, he's not punching fast OR slow.

I mean come on man. You could have just used this to show he wasn't particularly slow and that would have been fine. Why did you have to go the extra step and act like he's throwing punches with some kind of superhuman speed?

He sends her flying away with his punch because he's punching her hard, not fast.

Surtur
Your clip is unavailable.

Didn't work for me either, but you can see it in the above post of mine where I quoted him because I fixed the link there so it should work now.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't work for me either, but you can see it in the above post of mine where I quoted him because I fixed the link there so it should work now.

Got it. Thanks. Now that I watched it, nothing about it is fast. He punches like a brawler, IE slower than a trained fighter.

Which is not anything against Colossus. He's supposed to be a brick after all. And it's not like he's going to lose this match.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who cares how fast he punches... he'll stomp CA pretty easily

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

We care because h1a8 made a claim about his punching speed.

juggernaut74
Some of those punches were pretty quick.

Silent Master
Not really.

FrothByte
Some of those punches were pretty quick.

Quick compared to what? Compared to other super bricks like Juggs and maybe Hulk. Maybe

Compared to actual trained fighters? No.

juggernaut74
Colossus showed he can deliver a quick punch in that video. Cry all you want but it's there.

Silent Master
Quick for his size, yes. But that is all.

FrothByte
Colossus showed he can deliver a quick punch in that video. Cry all you want but it's there.

Err no. He showed that he's not as lumbering as he looks but no proper fighter in the world would ever call that a quick punch.

h1a8
Err no. He showed that he's not as lumbering as he looks but no proper fighter in the world would ever call that a quick punch. Then you are blind as hell. A couple of those punches had no animation. They were instant. Faster than any human punch I ever saw. Faster than any punch Cap has ever did in all 5 movies.

FrothByte
Then you are blind as hell. A couple of those punches had no animation. They were instant. Faster than any human punch I ever saw. Faster than any punch Cap has ever did in all 5 movies.

Jeeze man. What are you smoking? There's a reason why no one else here agrees with you.

That clip proved that Colossus doesn't hit slow. You should just stick with that. Claiming he somehow punches superhumanly fast just makes you look silly.

Silent Master
Then you are blind as hell. A couple of those punches had no animation. They were instant. Faster than any human punch I ever saw. Faster than any punch Cap has ever did in all 5 movies.

You need glasses.

juggernaut74
Then you are blind as hell. A couple of those punches had no animation. They were instant. Faster than any human punch I ever saw. Faster than any punch Cap has ever did in all 5 movies. I agree. Thanks for showing that clip.

Silent Master
I agree. Thanks for showing that clip.

You also need glasses.

apex_pretador
Colossus should win eventually. However, Cap would make him work for it, he is just too fast for him.

h1a8
Jeeze man. What are you smoking? There's a reason why no one else here agrees with you.

That clip proved that Colossus doesn't hit slow. You should just stick with that. Claiming he somehow punches superhumanly fast just makes you look silly.

Ok 2 things. Either you are going by visual speed as true speed or implied speed.

1. If visual speed then Colossus had a couple of punches that were faster than ANY single punch Cap showed in all 5 movies. If you disagree then gladly post a clip showing Cap punching faster. But he had a lot of slow ones too.

2. If implied speed then Colossus launched her with a large velocity since she flew over 100ft away very quickly. That means he punched faster than what was visually shown.

h1a8
Originally posted by apex_pretador
Colossus should win eventually. However, Cap would make him work for it, he is just too fast for him. Colossus could just grab Cap while Cap lands an ineffective attack.

FrothByte
Ok 2 things. Either you are going by visual speed as true speed or implied speed.

1. If visual speed then Colossus had a couple of punches that were faster than ANY single punch Cap showed in all 5 movies. If you disagree then gladly post a clip showing Cap punching faster. But he had a lot of slow ones too.

2. If implied speed then Colossus launched her with a large velocity since she flew over 100ft away very quickly. That means he punched faster than what was visually shown.

1. It only looks fast because of cut scenes. But since you can easily follow the punch then it's not really that fast.

2. Getting launched from that punch has more to do with strength and mass of punch and is not proof of velocity.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

FrothByte
Colossus will win, but he won't be stomping Cap easily. Not when Cap has such good feats against Ultron.

Silent Master
I like how h1 is still arguing that we should ignore what the clip actually shows and instead just take his word for it.

h1a8
1. It only looks fast because of cut scenes. But since you can easily follow the punch then it's not really that fast.

2. Getting launched from that punch has more to do with strength and mass of punch and is not proof of velocity.

In 1 scene there was no cut scene. He snapped out a punch fast as lightning. Like a professional light weight boxer jab.

Strength generates speed. A punch is a collision problem. In collisions, only momentum is conserved. So only mass and velocity matters (not strength). Strength is used to generate final velocity. She has more mass than Colossus arm. Thus Colossus arm had to be moving FASTER than the speed she was launched at.

FrothByte
In 1 scene there was no cut scene. He snapped out a punch fast as lightning. Like a professional light weight boxer jab.

Strength generates speed. A punch is a collision problem. In collisions, only momentum is conserved. So only mass and velocity matters (not strength). Strength is used to generate final velocity. She has more mass than Colossus arm. Thus Colossus arm had to be moving FASTER than the speed she was launched at.

If a bull were to start pushing at you very very slowly, are you saying it won't be able to move you just because it doesn't have the necessary velocity?

h1a8
If a bull were to start pushing at you very very slowly, are you saying it won't be able to move you just because it doesn't have the necessary velocity? Yes I'll move. I won't be launched with a HIGHER velocity than what he pushes me with. If he pushed me at 10mph then I would be launched at 10mph or SLOWER.

FrothByte
Yes I'll move. I won't be launched with a HIGHER velocity than what he pushes me with. If he pushed me at 10mph then I would be launched at 10mph or SLOWER.

Being moved fast or slow wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that strength does play a factor in moving someone. IE, a punch.

h1a8
Being moved fast or slow wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that strength does play a factor in moving someone. IE, a punch. I agreed but clarified. Strength contributes mostly to generating the speed before contact.

The Sorrow
Colossus stomps EASILY. Ultron sucked ass and Tony was done dirty in Cap 3, there's nothing Steve can do to Colossus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.