Kyp runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
*Kyp is serious and bloodlusted
*Legends only
*Full heal after each round
*Force only

Warm-up: Zekk
1. Saba Sebatyne
2. Obi Wan-Kenobi
3. Kenth Hamner
4. Galen Marek
5. Darth Vader
6. Exar Kun
7. Darth Caedus
8. Darth Krayt
9. Darth Plagueis
10. Yoda
Boss: Jagged Fel/RotJ Palpatine

chingchangwalla
Kun

JKBart
Force only he may honestly go up to 9 and lose there. The guy's disparity in Force abilities and actual combat is insane.

UCanShootMyNova

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by JKBart
Force only he may honestly go up to 9 and lose there. The guy's disparity in Force abilities and actual combat is insane.

What do you mean oh great leader of Poland?

How can he compare to Caedus and Krayt?

Azronger
Stops at Boss.

Ursumeles
He beats Yoda!?

JKBart
His Force abilities are well in top 10 of the mythos. His feats, his potential at youth, his advancement rate, his variety of skills, mastery over the Force he demonstrated and many more. I have him below Plagueis without a doubt, but honestly above Krayt or Talzin. The guy is a complete monster as far as the Force goes, and it's not because of the magnitude of feats only, as I mentioned above. I have no reason to believe his power would shrink in a Force only "fight". He may suck at using these abilities in combat, which is understandable; using the Force within fight is a very different set of skills, which requires good combat skill at first, if only to be able to get that one second break in a duel for a good Force attack.

Still, he never demonstrated the ability to call upon that power within direct combat besides fighting leviathan, which is far different from lightsaber dueling. And as far as his actual dueling abilities go, he's ambiguous at best, and sucks at worst.

Quote putting him in the ballpark of Kyle is elevated as "Kyp=Kyle" recently, which is absurd. Luke loosely thought mid-fight that Gaalan would give a good fight to Kyp or Kyle and probably win over Cilghal. But guess what? Gaalan can give a good fight to Kyle and still lose everytime. He can also give good fight to Kyp and win everytime. It was a very loose statement from Luke, so it especially shouldn't be taken as some hard mathematics lol.

His showings against Yuuzhan Vongs are good, definitely. But nowhere better than NJO Jaina, equal at best, and NJO Jaina lags behind the true top of lightsaber combat. And I'm not talking about the Slayer, as I think it has more to do with Kyp being surprised and fighting a completely new Yuuzhan fighting style. The same as with the first Jedi fighting the Yuuzhan Vongs at all, so I would never use Slayer fight to put Kyp down. But he just doesn't have any showings to elevate him above NJO Jaina. Stalling her when she was mentally damaged is his best feat I guess, and even if you take away Jaina was far from her top mental capacity, Kyp's ceiling is still NJO Jaina.

That's why in Force only fights I will favor Kyp over almost anyone in the mythos sans a few characters. But as far as regular combat would go I would never have Kyp beating Kenobi or Maul in any manner.

Azronger
Bloodlusted, I'd say so. He has proven himself capable of incredible things when he doesn't hold back.

Ursumeles
Do you mean his Dovin Basal feat?

RHaggis
Anywhere between 7-9

UCanShootMyNova
Oh sh!t. How did I miss Galen and Kun? Stops at Marek.

Ursumeles
Kyp>Galen, if he tries smile

chingchangwalla
^ Doesn't even need to try

Ursumeles
Lmao big grin

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Kyp>Galen, if he tries smile

Nah.

Ursumeles
Moving Dovin Basals>Everythin Vader has done>Galen

RHaggis
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

Yeh.

carthage
Down at Vader or Galen

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by RHaggis
Yeh.

Nah.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Moving Dovin Basals>Everythin Vader has done>Galen

Depends on the power of the dovin basil in question. They range from moon level to only being capable of absorbing blaster bolts and altering gravity in a small area.

Deronn_solo
8-10.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

Depends on the power of the dovin basil in question. They range from moon level to only being capable of absorbing blaster bolts and altering gravity in a small area.
Its more the "easier than Luke" thing, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
If he did it easier then Luke it's only logical the dovin basil in question was less powerful then the one Luke manipulated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.