TOR protags - gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
THE TEAM
* SoR Hero of Tython
* SoR Barsen'thor
* SoR Darth Nox
* SoR Emperor's Wrath II

THE RULES
* Fight on Geonosis arena.
* In character.
* Full restoration after each round.
* 15 meters starting distance.

THE GAUNTLET
1. Darth Talon | Darth Nihl | Darth Havok
2. Yaddle | Sha Koon | Kam Solusar
3. Corran Horn | Kenth Hamner | Jaden Korr
4. Kyle Katarn | Mara Jade Skywalker | Saba Sebatyne
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi | Cade Skywalker | Ulic Qel-Droma
6. Count Dooku | Jaina Solo | Darth Maul
7. Anakin Skywalker | Karness Muur | Galen Marek
8. Mace Windu | Exar Kun | Darth Krayt
9. TPM Palpatine | LotF Jacen Solo | Darth Plagueis
10. RotS Yoda | 26ABY Luke Skywalker | Talzin

Ursumeles

Nephthys

Dread Dark
Wow....these protags are that strong?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Dread Dark
They fight 4 sgainst 3, so, not really, tbh.

Dread Dark
Yeah I had a feeling, hell they are in character so I doubt they would work together for this again.

Nephthys

Yes.

Ursumeles
Where do you rank the Protags, Neph?

Dread Dark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes.

How so...?

I find that moot to put them as a team.

In character

against Kyle and Mara Jade, those two alone are pretty good on there own.

Seba is a threat to them as well.

Nephthys
You underestimate the Protags. They are each mightier than those you name.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Where do you rank the Protags, Neph?

All of them are at least Dooku level.

Ursumeles
Want to do an Dooku vs Protag debate, in some time? xD
Or Jaina vs 'Thor.

Dread Dark
Dooku level..........(atleast)

This I want to see and where you found this info.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Want to do an Dooku vs Protag debate, in some time? xD
Or Jaina vs 'Thor.

At some point, perhaps. I'm not feeling it atm.

Dooku level..........(atleast)

This I want to see and where you found this info.

I've played all 8 classes fully. Of the 4 force using protags, their various feats, accolades and accomplishments all suggest them to be at that level. The Hero of Tython is the most powerful TOR era Jedi and defeated a weakened Vitiate himself on an incredibly powerful darkside nexus. The Barsen'thor defeated an ancient Sith Lord empowered by siphoning power from hundreds of Jedi Masters, while herself weakened. Darth Nox wields the combined power of herself and 5 force ghosts, and utterly crushed the incredibly powerful Thanaton. The Wrath defeated a godlike dark side entity in the heart of its power while it possessed the Emperor's Voice.

I've made a few respect threads for them:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586426.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586643.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586978.html

And the Empire's Wrath was done by Ant:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-emperor-s-wrath-respect-thread/103818/

Ursumeles
I don't do either. And I must look at your Nox RT, I want to rank her.

Dread Dark
HoT beating a weaken Vit is impressive (though...I wanna know what weakend him so badly) because before he wrecked Hot and friends with a have wave.

Im very aware of these, threads but Nox without ghosts is abit harder to use.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM also uhhh does Nox still have this power? are they compelled into Nox for good?

The Thor character seems strong as well, can she or he beat Grand Master Satele?

Also I Kyle, Mara and Seba might be hit hard in the force but I still think with there teamwork they can take them, they know each others moves nd ablities and can demonstrate synergy.

Something I dont think the Protags can do.
I dont doubt the power in the force but there characters are on conflicting sides
and trying to simply end such goals would be difficult.
Whats to stop Nox and Wrath from stabbing the rather goodie two shoes Jedi Masters?

Tondemonai
7 and 8 are potential stops, but I see them making it by the skin of their teeth. 9 is where they stop.

Nephthys
HoT beating a weaken Vit is impressive (though...I wanna know what weakend him so badly) because before he wrecked Hot and friends with a have wave.

Im very aware of these, threads but Nox without ghosts is abit harder to use.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM also uhhh does Nox still have this power? are they compelled into Nox for good?

The Thor character seems strong as well, can she or he beat Grand Master Satele?

Also I Kyle, Mara and Seba might be hit hard in the force but I still think with there teamwork they can take them, they know each others moves nd ablities and can demonstrate synergy.

Something I dont think the Protags can do.
I dont doubt the power in the force but there characters are on conflicting sides
and trying to simply end such goals would be difficult.
Whats to stop Nox and Wrath from stabbing the rather goodie two shoes Jedi Masters?

Vitiate attempted to perform a ritual that would absorb all life in the galaxy and make him invincible and immortal. The Hero stopped the ritual and then went to Dromund Kaas to defeat him. Vitiate was stated to be weakened but would recover quickly with time. The Hero fought through his greatest defenses and beat him in the Dark Temple, a very powerful nexus.

Nox has all the ghosts power permanently, apart from in the light side version where they're released.

Yes, all the protags could defeat Satele quite easily.

Not wanting to die would probably stop them from stabbing each other in the back.

Dread Dark
Still a hell of struggle for just that as the Wrath stated he/she doesnt give a damn if he dies, hell I see Wrath as the liability with how Jaesa describes the deep intentions.

I dont doubt them trying to beat Satele...hell she ran from Thexan and Arcann and the Zakuul.

SO Vitiate botched his ritual? lol hahahaha
I couldnt really follow how.

Tondemonai
Not wanting to die would probably stop them from stabbing each other in the back.

Iirc it was implied that they worked together against the DM's (or someone else, can't fully remember atm), and even if they split up into two teams of two then they'll do plenty well, given that Wrath and HoT will be getting Force barrier protection and amps from their respective teammates, who will also handle the Force focused opponents.

Nephthys
Still a hell of struggle for just that as the Wrath stated he/she doesnt give a damn if he dies, hell I see Wrath as the liability with how Jaesa describes the deep intentions.

I dont doubt them trying to beat Satele...hell she ran from Thexan and Arcann and the Zakuul.

SO Vitiate botched his ritual? lol hahahaha
I couldnt really follow how.

Like Tond said, as of SoR the Protags have worked together and are on the same side. They'd be able to fight as a team no prob.

They'd do more than try. Satele says the HoT is better than her pretty early into the game compared to the version in this thread.

His ritual required trillions of simultaneous death. The Hero stopped him from genociding planets and his ritual back-fired and weakened him.

Dread Dark
Its still laughable as hell that it backfired..lol. WOW thats bad.

Tond?

What about THOR then? Does she say that to her or just assumptions.

Nephthys
Meh, not really.

The guy who posted above me on the last page.

She doesn't say it. However, Thor's feats are just better than Satele's. Even weakened and at the start of the game Thor smashed through an enormous blast door the size of a house:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/4500220-0378116447-mGRd9.gif

ares834

Dread Dark
Thats my thing.....with Satele she isnt....VERY impressive with the stuff I have seen is simply OVER satele.

Hmmmm she doesnt say it?

Well then if they can work together than the NJO'rs are screwed.

Deronn_solo

Solar Power

I've played all 8 classes fully. Of the 4 force using protags, their various feats, accolades and accomplishments all suggest them to be at that level. The Hero of Tython is the most powerful TOR era Jedi and defeated a weakened Vitiate himself on an incredibly powerful darkside nexus. The Barsen'thor defeated an ancient Sith Lord empowered by siphoning power from hundreds of Jedi Masters, while herself weakened. Darth Nox wields the combined power of herself and 5 force ghosts, and utterly crushed the incredibly powerful Thanaton. The Wrath defeated a godlike dark side entity in the heart of its power while it possessed the Emperor's Voice.

I've made a few respect threads for them:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586426.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586643.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586978.html

And the Empire's Wrath was done by Ant:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-emperor-s-wrath-respect-thread/103818/

Hi Neph, I was just curious if you think pre-KOTFE, the Barsenthor and Wrath accomplished their most impressive feats pre-prime. Do you think beating Amped Vivicar while weakened > beating the First Son and that beating Sel Makor possessed Emperor's Voice > beating Amped Baras? I think Nox and Hero got their best feats at the end of Act III, but not too sure about Wrath and Thor.

Nephthys
I'd agree that they're the more impressive looking feats. They're the ones I always cite when trying to convince people how powerful the Consular and Warrior are. It's more apparent how impressive they are and more easily argued for. Saying Thor beat an ancient Sith Lord amped from hundreds of Jedi Masters while weakened and after fighting through legions, is more impressive sounding than saying they beat the First Son who is a really big deal.

The other two feats are impressive because they come after those feats and are supposedly the more difficult and notable feats. They are probably the more impressive feats even if it's hard to see how they are. However, they're only more impressive because the first two feats are so impressive and they're "supposed" to be better. I'm more impressed myself with beating Vivicar and Sel'Makor.

MythLord
5, or 6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.